March 29, 2024, 01:34:27 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Where Bleach should have ended?  (Read 21743 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Where Bleach should have ended?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2014, 05:51:03 AM »
Mostly my issue with Bleach is that he does not pack much into the chapters. Kubo loves big panels, when he could add more dialogue and progress the story further. It's frustrating when you're interested in intricacies of the division, and other side characters, but they're put aside because he simply doesn't have the time to show them.

He originally intended to put that stray shiningami from Hueco Mundo in the manga, but he said he didn't have time. I'm sure Oda or Kishimoto would've been able to do that. They pack a lot of content per chapter. The annoying thing is Kubo's backgrounds aren't even that super detailed or anything <...< well not compared to Oda and Kishimoto

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2014, 06:11:21 AM »
That's what I was saying! Couldn't agree more!

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2014, 06:17:28 AM »
It's funny when you think out of the three of them, I'd say Kubo is the most capable Artist. So I believe he is simply unwilling to draw the backgrounds, which is frustrating as some of his art is incredible

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2014, 07:04:47 AM »
personally, aizen arc was crappy, but it was the perfect place to end the series....

Bleach was at its peak when we finally get to see Ichigo fight Ulquiorra....but the very moment he dies, thats when all the rushing begins. Was there any need to make Yammy 10 to 0?

Then randomly Aizen decides to take his plan, and his real plan was to lock ichigo and friends in hueco mundo, which was a good plan but seemed like it came out of nowhere.

more issues....and gin dying leaving this really really dumb cliff hanger that now involves this current arc.
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 07:20:17 AM »
Hahaha. And also, what the heck happened to the 'Use(whatever Orihime's power is called >.> i'm ashamed that i forgot its name)  to erase the Hogyouku? Wouldn't that have been interesting to try?'.

Nope, instead we got Aizen evolving into a butterfly.

And Ishida my gosh Ishida. The potential I saw in that character. He's a bad version of Vegeta now. And he only ever defeats canon fodder. Where is his grudge?

I also recall Karin being set up as a hollow repressant person. I expected something from that honestly, but nope. She was pushed away too.

Gaah. So many gripes i'll get a headache

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2014, 08:39:34 PM »
This chapter really took its time revealing the powers. each one took like 2 pages. Kubo really drags it out.

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2014, 05:48:30 AM »
Oh my god! I feel like it's one chapter - 5 introductions and no story, one chapter - all the characters fight no story, one chapter - several of the newly introduced characters die no story! Kempachi just freaking came back, beats up 1 guy and then gets taken down by another group, who will inevitably be beaten by some other shinigami... it'll get to the point, as in the previous arc, where the only people left fighting are Ichigo and the last sternritter standing before Juha Bach...

If only I hadn't read 580 chapters of this, I wouldn't bother reading to the end...

Offline WhiteCrow

• Society X Origins undergoing changes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2014, 11:08:13 PM »
So I just finished watching the Aizen Arc Conclusion and I think I'm ready to give my general opinion of the Manga as a whole... feel free to disagree.

-I think that Bleach is a Manga that got by largely due to its art and bad-ass looking transformations. Because after going through countless episodes (MANY filler) I just can't understand how the show could have survived based off its fights. I mean, almost EVERY fight followed the same pattern, Good guy and bad guy clash, Bad Guy overmatches good guy until good guy either:

A: Reveals Bankai and its "Secret" ability
B: Gets the convenient power-up needed to defeat said Bad Guy

The dialogue during the battles was pretty much the same as well, a lot of "You have no idea what power is until you've seen my (Insert form here)."

A few things that threw me off (Especially in terms of character power)

.When Ichigo goes to save Rukia, he somehow; in a short amount of time, manages to best Kenpachi and other high-level Soul Reapers along the way. Mind you... these guys have been Soul Reapers for how long? With that in mind... if Kenpachi could easily stand toe to toe with Espada 0... then why would Ichigo struggle with Ulquiorra or any of the other weaker Espada? I guess i'm saying that I never truly understood the power structure of the series.

.To follow that... I would assume as a means of "quickening" the pace... Ichigo goes from struggling to defeat Ulquoirra to a Hyperbolic time chamber moment with his dad, so that he could magically gain the power to hang with Aizen.

Overall, the show was ok. There were just a lot of things that really confused me in terms of power. The story was so-so as well.

I notice that there are many more episodes after the Aizen Arc... is it worth watching them?

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2014, 06:10:46 AM »
Watching filler is no way to survive on an anime. Especially Bleach's filler. That's the Fullbring arc where ichigo recovers his powers, but it doesn't properly conclude the anime since the anime gets cancelled there.

Offline Hanabi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2014, 12:42:13 PM »
Mostly my issue with Bleach is that he does not pack much into the chapters. Kubo loves big panels, when he could add more dialogue and progress the story further. It's frustrating when you're interested in intricacies of the division, and other side characters, but they're put aside because he simply doesn't have the time to show them.

He originally intended to put that stray shiningami from Hueco Mundo in the manga, but he said he didn't have time. I'm sure Oda or Kishimoto would've been able to do that. They pack a lot of content per chapter. The annoying thing is Kubo's backgrounds aren't even that super detailed or anything <...< well not compared to Oda and Kishimoto

I stopped reading Bleach after "Rukia Saga". His first chapter had so much going on and I was hooked by it. The more I read the bigger the panels got and the more boring the story got(to me). I couldn't get invested in the characters anymore because they got almost no screen time. Instead there were like 5 pages of explosions and some small text in the end.
To me it's like watching the "Freeza Saga" from DBZ all over again. There's only so much grunting and explosions I could take!  :(

I'm surprised people don't get bored if that kind of pace. ^^;

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2014, 01:57:50 PM »
midway into the series, Kubo decided that he can expand the story of Bleach by adding more. but that's part of the problem, midway all that time to properly organize his thoughts, and he didn't. By the time the aizen arc came up he just half-baked it.

Kubo also had all the time in the world to cover the back stories of these characters, but he leaves it for the anime to cover. which i found really dumb. i believe kubo never had the time to think up backstories, which is why he always ignored them. Which is why when the anime expands on them, they always feel a little off (except for rukia/renji/byakuya backstories. those always seemed legitimate).

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2014, 03:33:33 PM »
And the Captains really did have things going for them. I mean how can Gin be so unexplained this far in the game? His backstory is just a series of hints when it could've honestly been something at least. I don't expect to have been wowed by their backstories, but as it is they are definitely 'missing' from the manga and not 'unexplained'.

Offline WhiteCrow

• Society X Origins undergoing changes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2014, 09:22:02 PM »
Can I just ask for personal opinion here?

-What is it that you believe made Bleach one of the Big 3? I mean again, I liked it... but I wasn't wowed by it.

Naruto wowed me at times

I've yet to see One Piece... people keep telling me to watch it though.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2014, 09:27:58 PM »
Because it was awesome before it's flaws weighed it down. Those first 54 episodes were awesome. Shiningami in their flowing kimonos, Rukia, Ichigo and the captains. Bankai man. The fights, Kenpachi, the hollow appearing. That was a strong start like no one's business. It just petered off.

One Piece has wow moments yes, but its start is slow. The art scared me off.

Naruto I never properly got introduced to it, but I think it started pretty well and fast, and strong.

One Piece grew out much better as the years progressed, followed by Naruto. Bleach clearly had some planning problems and lost favour along the way.

And, my personal opinion is that while Bleach has glaring flaws, I'm still a big fan.

Offline Hanabi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2014, 09:30:45 PM »
Same question here.
I liked the first chapter a lot and I mean a lot. Stuck around till the end of Rukia saga, because it looked like it had potential.
Somewhere along the line everything seemed way to focused on Ichigo and the big pannel thing still annoys me.

Maybe it's the whole "god of death" thing that was just so popular at that time that it kept the story going?