March 29, 2024, 12:40:30 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: NO1SEY - Writer Profile  (Read 3039 times)

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
NO1SEY - Writer Profile
« on: May 06, 2014, 12:53:46 PM »
**UPDATED**

NO1SEY
22 Years Old
From England, UK
Biomedical Sciences Graduate

A bit about myself:

What's good people!? So I'm still just this english guy with a laptop and a bit of free time... BUUUUUUUUUUT I'm a little older and a little wiser and stuff has happened and so it's time to update the profile!

I used to be very involved in the MR community but I have been away travelling for a while and been on a little bit of a MR rehabilitation break... I am back now and despite graduating from university and getting a job and applying for future studies and generally making myself busy, I want to get back to being an active and involved member on the forum again.

Funnily enough I still really enjoy manga and anime and would love to be involved in a project that results in an end product with some weight and permanence. I think both are fantastic mediums that really let people explore many different ideas, techniques and interests. My lists of read and watched series are already lengthy and ever expanding and so I feel as if I have a fairly good grounding.

The genres I gravitate towards are still Action, Adventure, Comedy, Detective, Historical, Mystery, Psychological, Shounen and Superpower, however I'm really trying to broaden my interests and be more accepting. My favourite anime series - Barakamon - is a slice of life show that I stumbled upon by just giving everything and anything a chance through writing first impressions reviews, so I try to keep that up.

What I have worked on:

So you can find my shared work HERE, which I keep relatively well updated.

Although I am slowly but surely continuing with my only series piece: Public Enemy No. 2, which I would love to be drawn in a graphic novel/manga style when it is done (concept art always welcome), I am actually straying away from writing script style pieces for manga at the moment...

What comes next:

Aside from continuing my previous work I have been looking forward to changing things up a bit. I have been reading A LOT more books and novels than I used to (thank you 99p kindle books!) and so at the moment I am writing a few short story pieces in continuous prose that satisfy my current creative writing interests. I hope to share these very soon.

I am VERY interested in taking part in a collaboration with other writers at the moment. I am fairly confident in my ability to bounce ideas off of others and develop as part of a group, but I would prefer to take a more editorial role in the writing process - making edits and additions to a piece rather than writing from scratch myself.

I am possibly just as interested in reviewing as I am in writing. As much as I have enjoyed reviewing anime in the past and doing first impressions, I have found myself with less and less time recently... I just can't watch anime series like I used to be able to. BUT I DO have time to read manga series (at least to a point that I am comfortable reviewing them at) and so I really want to start doing proper manga reviews.

I also want to review members' stories and series as much as possible. I have missed a ton since I have been away so if you have a piece that is further than the concept/ideas stage then please let me know if you'd like a review or proof-read.

I also used to do a bit of artwork of my own which people can check out HERE. I can't draw for others at the moment, but a side project of mine for this year will be to start drawing again to be able to do my own concept art.

I look forward to getting back into recording for the MR Community Happy Hour too ;)

FOR THE ARTISTS:

I will not ask people to draw for me at this stage in my series production. However, if you read it and decide you like it enough that you'd like to do some concept art for the series then that would be awesome! It really helps me when writing to be able to visualise what I'm writing about better and it's always cool to see what other people think my characters and settings would look like because sometimes, even when I write them, I have no clue myself...

I do have a short story piece out at the moment "Godless in the wake of storms" which doesn't need full sequential artwork, but I would love to have about 3 full page illustrations for it if anyone is interested in doing a bit of different styled work. Illustrations for any short story I write would be welcome.

So there we have it... my updated profile for late 2015!

Cheers!

NO1SEY
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 06:34:58 PM by NO1SEY »

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
Re: NO1SEY - Writer Portfolio
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 05:09:26 PM »
Here are some of my old drawings that I have uploaded to deviantART... Just for the record I don't count myself as very good and I am looking for people more talented than I for art.

I don't plan on starting to draw again any time soon, especially not whilst focusing on uni and writing also. but if I find time I want to rewatch a lot of Mark Crilley vids and try to improve a little.

anyways please enjoy :)

Spoiler

« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:33:03 PM by NO1SEY »

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 03:32:39 PM »
Made some headway on a manga plot and have posted it in the Development section

here's the link, please check it out :)

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,11008.0.html

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 01:34:21 PM »
Started up a new thread where I will be posting some other ideas I have from time to time that I'd like to develop and work on. Please check it out I'd appreciate some feedback :)

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,11297.0.html

Offline read this book

• savior of the art world
  • YOLO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 12:09:41 PM »
Here are some of my old drawings that I have uploaded to deviantART... Just for the record I don't count myself as very good and I am looking for people more talented than I for art.

I don't plan on starting to draw again any time soon, especially not whilst focusing on uni and writing also. but if I find time I want to rewatch a lot of Mark Crilley vids and try to improve a little.

anyways please enjoy :)

Spoiler

Offline read this book

• savior of the art world
  • YOLO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 01:19:34 PM »
I'll work with you
pm me

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker