March 28, 2024, 04:33:42 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: A proposition of sorts  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Orpheus

• Master of Strings
    • View Profile
A proposition of sorts
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:43:42 PM »
so, I have an idea, I was thinking of attempting something like this for a while now, multiple writers join together and write a story together, in a continuous series style sort of thing, using a character each one comes up with they can manage the characters reactions to things in the story, what they say, what theyre character decides to do, and such things.
ive realized such a thing would not be very easy to do, to incorporate each writiers choices and such into the story, we would have to work together and also write the story itself that surrounds the characters all together all at the ssame time,  so as the story progresses around the characters, we all must work together at the same time to ensure that the characters themselves progress correctly with the story and vise versa. heres an example:

character A and character B's actions during the story couldn't be decided on seperatly because then things wouldn't work out right such as - writer A says character A slays a dragon in front of the school, but writer B's decision was to have  character B setting iguanas on fire in front of the school with character A, - see what I mean with it, is that if we all don't work together correctly the story and characters wont be able to play out correctly and will contradict eachother and itll just be a big mess lol so onw of the big things would be communication, but if we can work together and find a way to do this properly I think some very interesting stuff could come from this. maybe even get some artists involved eventually and rlly make this develop

Current Team:
- legomaestro
- Greymore
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:07:21 PM by Orpheus »
"Thou art I... And I am thou... From the sea of thy soul I cometh... I am Orpheus, master of strings..."

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: A proposition of sorts
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 10:04:26 PM »
It's a ride I've been on before. Pretty crazy, but I'm ok with taking a crack at it, though right now i'm wrapped up in a lot of stuff so I can't say much developmental wise. What did you have in mind?

Offline Orpheus

• Master of Strings
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 07:18:05 PM »
It's a ride I've been on before. Pretty crazy, but I'm ok with taking a crack at it, though right now i'm wrapped up in a lot of stuff so I can't say much developmental wise. What did you have in mind?

Well I was thinking we can all decide on that together, but one idea I had was something school based, since naturally schools are group environments, itd leave more flexibility open for where we go with this, of course then we can decide on like whether we want to add fantasy elements to it or such things from there
"Thou art I... And I am thou... From the sea of thy soul I cometh... I am Orpheus, master of strings..."

Offline Ink on Fingers

• Don't just think about wanting to make something happen - make it happen.
  • Inky fingers - the sign of a true manga artist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 09:34:57 AM »
I'd be interested in trying this; it sounds fun, and I'd enjoy working with other writers.

I'll stop procrastinating soon! Probably. . .

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 09:56:49 AM »
School sounds like a place to start I guess. I usually gravitate to fantasy, and if it can be snuck into there a little bit of horror hehe.

Should we talk characters? Setting? Should it be based on a realistic place or is it completely different. I say the way to go is Japan because anime haha. Some fictional place though, that's of course close to Tokyo

Offline Orpheus

• Master of Strings
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 09:43:36 PM »
i got an idea you may like then lego, School in Tokyo during the day, during the night students with some sort of special like arcane powers train to defend the human realm from some dark power from another dimension that was once stopped before from destroying the world, but certain demons still make it through to our realm at times. suddenly at one point, the lord of that realm finally manages to break through again after all these years, which will send the human realm into darkness once again if not stopped, the teachers send off the students to safety, the teachers are then slaughtered in a fight trying to stop the lord of darkness guy and trying to protect the students. the students then black out after being over taken in the darkness of the demons, they awake in the school but its different, its the school in the realm of darkness, they must fight through it using theyre powers and skills to survive and find the answers they need to escape, some will be slain in theyre attempt to escape, some may fall into madness and go insane, others may kill themselves under the pressure or influence of the demons trickery, ect. they'll go through all kinds of things, think corpse party type school thing in a sense lol