April 19, 2024, 03:13:23 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: MR Visual Novels  (Read 173488 times)

Offline LittRL

• Crush the strong, crush the weak.
  • Nothing a little duct tape can't fix.
    • View Profile
Re: MR Visual Novels
« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2014, 10:40:41 PM »
Oh god that's more than doubling my work so far. I look forward to it? I got all night so I'll see if I can get it done by sunrise.

Shouldn't be too much trouble if it's just different lines depending on previous choices. It'll just be adding a couple lines of code per choice.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2014, 10:57:43 PM »
Well I was thinking it was going to be a much more divergent story line. Don't know if that's too much to handle? Just seems better to really tell three different stories than have one with bits of different ones stuck on.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that they'll be pretty well completely separate so I can tell the best plot based story I can.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline LittRL

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2014, 11:09:10 PM »
No, I get the divergent story lines. That's simple enough. I'm just saying if it's more difficult than that it's just adding a couple lines of code to change the text according to previous decisions, right? If it splits again it's fine too, it'd just be adding a couple more scenes.

Anyways, now that everyone is offline on League I'll go ahead and start coding.

EDIT:
OOOOHHH. 33 pages in TOTAL for you. I thought you meant there was 33 EXTRA pages. Jeez, if it's only this much I can easily code it in the next several hours.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 11:11:00 PM by LittRL »

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2014, 11:15:12 PM »
oh no man. 33 total for Day 1.

I'll take your word for just adding a bit of extra code then. just seems a bit too simple to me. but whatever. I don't know much about code

Offline LittRL

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2014, 11:22:14 PM »
Neither do I but every event is just a scene and if you have different events I jump the story to a certain scene depending. If you're talking about transitions you may have added of effects you want then I'll just have to look up how to do it.

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2014, 11:54:44 PM »
Hey, I hope I'm not too late to post on this... I've been away awhile and haven't had a chance. Anyway, if you'll have me, I think it'd be fun to be in this! ^-^

If I can be in it, I'd be interested to see what someone else comes up with as a personality for my character, but since nobody here knows me that well yet, I can write something up if you want.  ::)

Also, if I can help in any way, I would be glad to. I can pitch in with almost anything when I have the time... Writing, drawing, etc... Although it seems you already have artists/writers, so if you even just need someone to help come up with ideas and things like that, I can help with that kind of stuff(:

Offline LittRL

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2014, 12:03:01 AM »
@Churro: Hey, Churro. Right now we've more or less got the slots filled but if you want to help you should talk to Jack or Coryn instead. There's little to do for me since I'm just coding it and finding resources when needed but if Coryn or Jack need help then it's up to them to say since they're in charge of Writing and Drawing respectively.

On another note I've been thinking how great it would be to have custom-made backgrounds because you're putting me in tight spots, Coryn. I don't have a hallway background that splits into three ways. Not to mention the previous issues. I'll keep looking but I may have to cheap out and just use one that makes no sense spatially.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2014, 12:22:49 AM »
@churro: I'm probably good on the writing side of things. too many hands in the pot makes bad stew or something like that.

Though if you think you can help with backgrounds though, that would be ideal. Since so far they're what we mostly seem to need. even if you can just find premade ones on the net. you never know what we might have need of.

And yeah, if you want to write up just a little something like the list I put on the first page then that would help. It doesn't have to be much, just a foothold to fall back on.

@litt: well if you can't actually find an intersection, just use a regular hallway image, and then throw in a bit of dialogue alluding to the fact that there are three paths.

Offline LittRL

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2014, 12:24:31 AM »
It's just that I know there's an image in some anime with three choices to go from and it upsets me because I've seen so many but can't recall. For now I'll just finish coding and worry over the details later.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 05, 2014, 01:44:03 AM »
Well i'd be terrible at research, but if you can look into it by any chance Baka to test could be somewhere to look. I think i'll download the latest update today. I'll try to see any mistakes I see as well.

Offline LittRL

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2014, 02:41:22 AM »
I've finished coding the new scenes. There's still issues with the backgrounds, some music, and sound effects like crazy but I'll update the files in a couple of hours for you guys to test it.

I know I'm complaining a lot but who I really feel for is Jack. There're so many characters to draw it's ridic, not to mention these new scenes are gonna need a little more than the average character portrait.

You sure know how to lay it on, Coryn. I see what you meant when you said it was complicated. Some of the stuff I'll have to search up effect-wise like the lab scene and the sound effects are gonna take a while but for the most part it's all doable.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 05, 2014, 03:47:31 AM »
I have a tablet and can get sai, but I'm not sure how much I can match up to Jack's style or process.

Offline LittRL

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 05, 2014, 04:02:09 AM »
I don't know how Jack feels about it yet or if he's seen the newer scenes but so far he has like a dozen more raiders to draw along with their different expressions - and poses depending on whether he feels it appropriate to give them any different ones, two kamen riders (though I'm pretty sure are identical except for colors), a scene where senpai is dead on the ground (there might need to be some coordination here for the background image used) and maybe more.

Coding is pretty tiresome but it's redundant so I can code whatever Coryn puts out in the same day as long as I put in the time. The art though takes a lot more time and effort, they are the lifeblood of any good VN after all.

On the note of making games though I'm actually playing around with Game Maker for things that aren't VNs after we're done with this one.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2014, 04:05:10 AM »
You bought it? I stopped touching Game Maker when it went cooporate, but I did enjoy my time with it while it lasted.

Offline LittRL

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2014, 04:11:43 AM »
It has a Lite version you don't have to buy. I'm just seeing if I can learn to make an RPG with it.