April 16, 2024, 01:21:06 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: MR Visual Novels  (Read 173319 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: MR Visual Novels
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2014, 11:13:57 AM »
Damn. And I just had the youtube page for it up just before I posted.

I'll keep a look out for any backgrounds

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2014, 12:47:38 PM »
I hear the request >.> but i'm not sure where to dig.

Check out this site though... There's stuff like Persona sound tracks which may work right?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/persona-4-original-soundtrack

It's a treasure trove of osts <..<

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2014, 02:06:40 PM »
Scene 10: you forgot the line " And besides, it’s poor Dolly you should be worried about! Her stomach is so small after all! " that actually introduces dolly.

Scene 10: Tof's line "Nothing like that" you switched the "o" and the "t" in "nothing"

Scene 10: Protag's line about building a mobile suit. the sentence before you have an H instead of a G on "great"

Scene 10: Error screen after Kage's line about psychic protection. Looks like it probably concerns the line "Insincerity does not suit you." as the next playable line is "can i eat now?"

Scene 12: In adam's reply to "I’m middle of the road." you have him replying with "you'll you'll" pretty sure that fist "you'll' should be 'day'

Scene 12: Line where adam refers to the reason he's at the acadamy. you end the sentence with "this". tack on "school/academy" so the sentence makes sense

Scene 12: "Architect" is not a verb. Architect is also a highly creative job. Stick with "build" or substituted "engineer" Save screen: Put a comma after "software"

Scene 12: Another error page after "Not many outside the isles do."  next playable line is "what sort of project are you planning to tackle"

Scene 12: Ginger's line about getting out of writers block should start with "I've" not "I'm"

Offline Jack Melancholy

• That one guy from that one place you heard of that one time.
  • This is my personal text. IT'S MINE AND MINE ALONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2014, 06:21:22 PM »
Right. So. Did some sketch stuff on my pad at school, and redid Lego, because he still looks too young in my opinion, and *drum role*
Spoiler
HASITH
(After doing it up in Sai when I got home of course.
The lord and pervy master we all know and love.

Spoiler
(Just needs some fixing up in Sai.)

Spoiler
Also. Redid Coryn a bit because I suck at pulled back hair.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2014, 07:14:44 PM »
Looking real good jack! keep it up!

Update on my end: Finished the last shared scene, and started the intro scenes for each plot line. Rider intro is already finished. Moving to time travel next then murder mystery.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2014, 07:15:19 PM »
Looking real good jack! keep it up!

Update on my end: Finished the last shared scene, and started the intro scenes for each plot line. Rider intro is already finished. Moving to time travel next then murder mystery.

Offline Jack Melancholy

• That one guy from that one place you heard of that one time.
  • This is my personal text. IT'S MINE AND MINE ALONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2014, 07:24:42 PM »
Whoa whoa. What? Time travel? Did I miss something in the thread? Or was this something decided in the scripts on the drive? @_@
(Fist in the air) ~TIME TRAVEL~

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2014, 08:11:12 PM »
You should make sure to read all the post that happen when you're offline. it was a few days ago.

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,10636.msg173658.html#msg173658

basic overview of the split of the plot lines.

Offline LittRL

• Crush the strong, crush the weak.
  • Nothing a little duct tape can't fix.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2014, 08:13:12 PM »
@Coryn: I'll go fix those. I was way too zoned when I was coding last night so I ended up only looking over the game once and ended up missing stuff.

@Lego: For the music I'm good for now. It's easier to just throw in some easy listening music and change it later. It's the pictures that are hard to get. I may be able to put a placeholder in but finding a better one is near impossible for me with my Google Images search ability.

@Jack: Good stuff. We're starting to fill in the game.

Guess the files are updated now so I'll get onto those now as well. I kind of forgot about the time travel. That raises a question though: are all the three choices connected? Like in some VNs you make a choice to get a girl and certain things can be prevented like her death, her leaving, etc. but you never see what happens to the other ones you didn't pick.

Offline LittRL

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2014, 08:33:02 PM »
Scene 10: Error screen after Kage's line about psychic protection. Looks like it probably concerns the line "Insincerity does not suit you." as the next playable line is "can i eat now?"
Works for me. Are you skipping the choices with the console commands? As long as you choose a something in the "Where are you from" choices it'll set a variable which will effect those lines.

Scene 12: "Architect" is not a verb. Architect is also a highly creative job. Stick with "build" or substituted "engineer" Save screen: Put a comma after "software"
Architect is a verb and a noun. From a google search though it came up only for computing. I used it since the line sounded weird but apparently "design" is what architect's do which is still pretty redundant. I'll change it back.

Scene 12: Another error page after "Not many outside the isles do."  next playable line is "what sort of project are you planning to tackle"
Same issue as the first one. Are you sure you're not skipping to the scenes?

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2014, 08:43:32 PM »
I kind of forgot about the time travel. That raises a question though: are all the three choices connected? Like in some VNs you make a choice to get a girl and certain things can be prevented like her death, her leaving, etc. but you never see what happens to the other ones you didn't pick.

Well I'm not sure on all the specifics yet. Still early in the game (literally and metaphorically). But yeah for the most part i'd say that we'll just split evenly. left or right. yes or no. we're splitting the universe with each decision we make. it might as well be true in the game as well. But I've always thought the rules of the universe were made to be broken. So for now we'll see.

As for the error screens, I can assure you I wasn't skipping. Just progressing forward normally.

Offline LittRL

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2014, 08:50:57 PM »
I recently fixed the errors so try the most recent files. I already tried both variable options for the line after Kage's. It should work fine since I don't see any issues over here. I'll scan the files to see if there are any major errors that could affect other users but since you're using it without any restrictions it should be working.

Tell me when you get the files updated, including the script. I might have to make some changes to the code depending on what choices affect the progression since I didn't make every choice set a variable.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2014, 09:36:38 PM »
Alright. Played through and I didn't get the errors this time.

just have one last plot intro to write. then I'll put the updated script in. which will complete day 1.

Offline LittRL

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2014, 09:47:40 PM »
Right then. Guess I'll play around a bit with the code and put Hasith's placeholder in.

...I've been spending too much time coding. I keep putting quotation marks around my own posts.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2014, 10:21:21 PM »
End of the First Day.

Topping out at 33 pages Day 1 is completed and uploaded. Wrote in a few things a bit more complicated than usual. Hopefully it won't be too taxing.

The three plot lines will be known in shorthand as "Henshin", "Robbery", and "Axe". to keep things simple.

Tomorrow or maybe late tonight I'll start work on Henshin. We'll see how I'm feeling on it. Good luck coding Litt.