December 11, 2018, 10:01:27 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: MR Visual Novels  (Read 61042 times)

Offline Vio

• Listed in the MR blacklist
    • View Profile
Re: MR Visual Novels
« Reply #1005 on: April 11, 2018, 03:38:19 PM »
I'm always ready to colour new lineart. If you guys want, I could do some light colour work on the sketches for some palette comparison.  :hmm:

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 11, 2018, 10:42:36 PM »
Man I don't even know. Some lines/scenes could honestly be scrapped entirely from the intro bit. But do what you think makes sense Lego.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Santa's Little Fro Elf

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 12, 2018, 08:49:41 PM »
No1sey looks really good. Really digging the star looking design he got going on in his hair.
Messatsu...

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Chau-chau!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 14, 2018, 01:56:17 PM »
*Salutes the crew*

Yay~ More art! (completely hypnotized at this point rip)
I think a palette comparison would be cool, Vio. It'd be good to make sure we have a variety of appearances.
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.

DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/

Offline suuper-san

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 14, 2018, 06:37:25 AM »
I read the whole topic so Im clued up on whats what mostly i think.
Since I have been asked so nicely ive decided i will join in on the fun. I can help with any aspect except music in which i have not got any skill (yet).
Programming is my forte if it helps, especially since I can program when feeling out of it and even ill, which is not something i can say about anything else.
I certainly dont mind helping out on art, but i have my own request thread with pending requests which i will finish first otherwise im basically unreliable and i dont like not doing what ive said i will do.
Oh I can do 3D backgrounds and stuff pretty well.
I have not yet played the game so i will do that later today. Lets finish this thing for good, raiders!

EDIT: playing around with ren'py now. still waiting for the google drive to finish downloading lol
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 07:34:30 AM by suuper-san »

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 14, 2018, 07:48:11 AM »
That's some commitment!

We've made it through so far with stock backgrounds, but there could be some specific ones that need filled. But as we say, the biggest gaps are the programming of the end of the game, and the character artwork.

My one concern is that the last time we switched programmers, there were a fair few hiccups due to clashing styles. Have you worked with renpy before?

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 14, 2018, 09:02:02 AM »
nope it's my first time seeing it but I just spent the last hour or so learning it from the MR novel source code and the tutorial that came with the program. I now know the basic stuff, and have the confidence I can figure out harder stuff as I go. I've not used python before but it's pretty much like any other language from what I see.

I assume if I do take over coding I can reformat bits to my own style? it won't be insanely different anyway due to it being mostly script. I didn't really have much of a problem with the code that was there though, it seemed pretty normal to me.

I hit a bunch of glitches during gameplay like characters disappearing and not appearing at the right places so I'm not sure if I've got the right version or they're still pending to be fixed. actually the only public version I could find was the in the folder "Matts Backup" which sort of sounds like an old version. is that related to Lego saying the version was corrupted earlier? I noticed a lot of character art in the google drive wasn't being used in the game as well.

I'm happy to help with character artwork once I've cleared my requests up, and I don't mind doing backgrounds now as that's a different area.

is the general idea that all the copyright/un-raider content will be replaced eventually, or are we aiming at completion at any cost?

and also, VERY good so far everyone I'm more impressed than I thought I would be. just goes to show if we combine our skills we can archive anything :P
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 09:15:04 AM by suuper-san »

Offline yulemaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has nice snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 14, 2018, 10:59:11 AM »
From what I remember the latest version is a corrupted mess, I'm not even sure it runs to the conclusion anymore. That's because I wanted to plug in all the placeholder art. The potential work load was just piling up ignoring all the characters in the script so I stopped and started making the character art. It'd be a great help if you could contribute there. And yeah programming isn't my forte so if you understand how it goes you can take over that too.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 14, 2018, 11:56:44 AM »
awesome. I'll be happy to program then if thats the case. So have I got the latest version then? I can start fixing up stuff thats obvious for the moment.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 14, 2018, 03:17:38 PM »
I think you might. I know I had a working version downloaded before Lego attempted to push to the end and it got corrupted. I think the last working version I saw only ran through to the end of the party scene.

Yeah, getting the thing working again would be for the best. The work order has essentially been Writing>Coding>Art, so since the writing wrapped, best to move on to just getting the code to the end before worrying about completing the art.

I have no problem with leaving the third party backgrounds in there. There's not even a thought that we're going to worry about music either. It's not like we're selling it anyway.

Offline yulemaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 14, 2018, 04:05:37 PM »
I've made a hot fix for the latest state of the game, but I can't find the original game files? Did you replace them with your backup Coryn?

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 14, 2018, 04:20:56 PM »
ok finish at all costs it is XD
ok I'll prioritize coding. that's pretty much what I do when game coding anyway so it's not much different to normal haha.
thanks for that latest version Lego, I'll go ahead with that then. hmmm I see what you mean with the missing files. I'll use the ones from the other version?

Offline yulemaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 14, 2018, 04:26:12 PM »
I'm still uploading hold up on it for a sec.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 14, 2018, 04:27:40 PM »
oh gotcha sorry lol
so excited haha
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 04:55:49 PM by suuper-san »

Offline yulemaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 14, 2018, 04:55:43 PM »
Usually you'd be right to get it quickly but my interwebs is being a bum. But yes on the important things: It's all in your hand. the only right thing I could do was try to arrange the assets alphabetically in the beginning, otherwise it was very patchwork work. Godspeed!

Damn my web.