April 18, 2024, 05:14:55 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Araminta  (Read 30243 times)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Araminta
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2021, 01:37:40 PM »
lovely bunch of pages!

looking forward to more :D
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2021, 06:35:20 AM »

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2021, 09:30:56 AM »

It damn near killed me ;-; At one piont I hadent worked on it for two years, maybe more I cant quiete remember. But I did it

And looking back at older pages interesting to see how much i've improved :)

I've gotten more consitant too thats the truth, so I hope to be more regular from now on.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2021, 12:51:26 PM »
I think your style has definitely developed over time, I had a glance back over the older pages and you are using the page much more effectively now than you used to. But I think you're using fuller backgrounds less, I prefer the sharper more complete backgrounds in the earlier pages personally.

I really liked how the story developed and the way it was told, it was easy to see what was going on in the pages, and you kept the tension up with the twists and turns while they were escaping and hiding. Really good job!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 10:37:50 AM by Suuper-san »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2022, 06:50:10 AM »
A new Issue of Araminta begins! This ones a special crossover episode :) Most people on the net seem to be American, or other, so a lil clarifcation is needed. This is the english "Dennis the Mennis", thats what i grew up on :) I think most people know the american blonde kid? Personally I think the british one is better, hes actually a menace :P

This is based specifically on the 1996 BBC cartoon series. You can look it up on youtube if youd liek some context. For those already familiar, I hope you enjoy!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2022, 04:34:26 AM »
Wait, Dennis is blonde in America?? Huh.

Otherwise that was such as awesome chapter, I found myself honestly drawn into the story by their interactions and the conversation flow was so believable. Absolutely nothing felt out of place at all, was very cute to read. Real good stuff.

Artistically a couple of niggles, especially in the first panel I read the speech bubbles the wrong order, even reading left to right. Gotta keep in mind the height position of the bubble also affects the order they get read. Such as the reaction to "5". Typically the highest bubble gets read first regardless of where it is (maybe that's just me?) Faces are super cute as always but the pig seemed a little off somehow, maybe because I expect them to have folded ears and not be hairy+ (maybe that's how the one in the Dennis books appeared I don't remember)
Otherwise an absolutely great chapter, can wait to read more! Keep it up!

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2022, 08:24:12 AM »
Wait, Dennis is blonde in America?? Huh.

Otherwise that was such as awesome chapter, I found myself honestly drawn into the story by their interactions and the conversation flow was so believable. Absolutely nothing felt out of place at all, was very cute to read. Real good stuff.

Artistically a couple of niggles, especially in the first panel I read the speech bubbles the wrong order, even reading left to right. Gotta keep in mind the height position of the bubble also affects the order they get read. Such as the reaction to "5". Typically the highest bubble gets read first regardless of where it is (maybe that's just me?) Faces are super cute as always but the pig seemed a little off somehow, maybe because I expect them to have folded ears and not be hairy+ (maybe that's how the one in the Dennis books appeared I don't remember)
Otherwise an absolutely great chapter, can wait to read more! Keep it up!

Its a weird story, two guys apparently came up with the same named character, around the same time, in diffrent parts of the world. It was in 40s I belive so long before internet email and such things. Cociedence? POSSIBLY, theres only so many ideas, but still weird.

I think the American Dennis the menace is ANNOYING. The British one is more of an ACTUAL menace and much funnier.

Yeah thats how Rasher appeared in the books :) Obviously I had to go anime with the people, but Gnasher and Rasher dont look too diffrent. I liked how it looked so did that. Heres a ref

And more pages. Think that'll be my big update for the end of the year, Merry Christmas all!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2023, 05:08:12 AM »
khahahaha an epic chapter, loved it.
The shots as the others watched her were great, both to show the other characters interacting but also to add narrative to her actions which was really good.

cant wait for more :D