September 19, 2017, 06:34:33 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Araminta  (Read 4713 times)

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
Re: Araminta
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 08:16:00 AM »
Kudos to you for being able to finish one :clapping:
The only complaint I have is similar to the others: perspective. I'm sure with time and a little study it'll become easier. My suggestion for that is to look at photographs of downtown cities and try to redraw them. It helps me to see how things work in real life so I can transfer it to my style later.

Cheers. Okay, I'll try ^^ Perspective can be a little dizzying and confusing sometimes but I'll try my best. Working from photographs seems a good bet, I somtimes do this for poses and such. Just gotta practice I spose. Hopefully it'll get easier then

well, i have to say

this is amazing

this is the kind of story that i like to read  :clapping:

the girl is interesting, her name too, mysterious yet a beautiful name at the same time. I don't know if anyone has noticed but the way you make her wear those clothes. very thoughtful and spot on, probably stole them from somewhere not caring what they look like.

i'm not sure what plans do you have with this though, will there be twist and turn in their life as he travels to different places ? or will there be development as they becomes more than a street music troupe ?

or maybe keep it a simple slice of life like the first chapter?

last panel though... no wink pls, it's very unnatural
a tired, given up face would've been better

Im glad you enjoyed it so much ;) As for what I plan to do with it.

I'd say its a mixture of fantasy and slice of life. I dident want to give away to much to begin with, I want the fantasy element to grow more as the series goes on. For example you may have noticed Araminta likes to tell made up stories?

Well sometimes they are true, no matter how farfetched they sound. She really has met things like dragons and mermaids, things most people dont belive in. As a result they have alot of unusual adventures wherever they go(things that wouldent occur to Cassian on his own)

The slice of life element is how Cassian and Araminta's relationship grows. While Cassian is a typical grown up, straight laced, hard working, realistic perhaps, Araminta is everything I think a child should be. Imaginative, energetic, cheerful. And its this cheerfulness that completley changes his world for the better.

At first hes not really wanting to take on the responsibility of a child, but as they spend more time together, he cant imagine his life without her. They start to become something of a family.

Anyway, I shall stop there as I dont want to give too much away, tho I fear Ive given alot already :P I hope you'll continue o rread the story and see what suprises are in store.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 08:18:22 AM by stardustpink »

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2016, 10:45:15 AM »
Although its been a long time since I worked on her, Araminta is not forgotten. Im working on further adventures as we speak. Right now, Issue 2 is in sketching progress. So here are some previews of the work in progress.

Times like this I wish I had limitless energy and drive. Sometimes your lacking both, which can be incredibly frustrating.

The script for issue 3 is almost complete, just a lil stuck on the ending. I feel my perspective and buildings have really improved lately, and Ive been using alot of references. This makes a WORLD of difference, every artist oughtta do it. Just makes things much easier amongst other things

Considering self publishing in the future, plan to look more into this

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 05:30:16 AM »
The second issue of Araminta is coming along quite smoothly. Here are the first few pages all sketched and ready to ink as a preview

(Edit:Screwed up links myself, fixed now. Sorry folks)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:16:56 PM by stardustpink »

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 01:59:55 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn't get the second row of pics.

Times like this I wish I had limitless energy and drive. Sometimes your lacking both, which can be incredibly frustrating.

Can related. Energy is a limited thing sadly. And these take longer than one thinks.

How long does it take you to sketch/make a page more or less?

Those look really nice  ;)

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 04:19:30 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn't get the second row of pics.

Can related. Energy is a limited thing sadly. And these take longer than one thinks.

How long does it take you to sketch/make a page more or less?

Those look really nice  ;)

Ah thats my fault, did the links wrong ><' Sorry, should be fine now.

Yeah they do, and the thought of how long they actually take is draining in itself @_@

Uh, well, I tend to get lost in my own world when Im drawing, I dont relaly keep an eye on the clock. I spose accounting the time Im ACTUALLY working on them(not sleeping or other things as is needed :P), mayby a few hours? References help naturally, easier to work from somethign than thin air(poses and the like)

Thank you ^^ Im hoping to get the first few pages inked and ready soon
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:22:04 PM by stardustpink »

Online Manimal

• God of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2016, 06:08:01 PM »
I do find your layouts to be a bit confusing, especially in how spacey everything is, but seeing your art sketched out like this looks pretty good. You really get in and do those fine details and refine everything with some solid lines. I think you could work on how the characters interact with objects as some things like the girl sitting on the thing with wheels looks a little off to my now nitpicking eyes, but you really got a lot of things done really well like clothes folds and such. Again I feel your layouts are a little too spacey but perhaps that's because there is no speech bubbles. Anyways your sketching technique seems good and your lines are especially solid. Nice!

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 05:43:58 AM »
So Araminta Issue 2 has finally gotten underway. Currently Im aiming to post a new page every monday and its going smoothly. If you want more regular updates watch my DA or tumblr, but I'll do a cluster every couple of pages here(to post one here every week is a lil more cumbersome)

So heres the first few pages.

As a lil something extra heres a small preview of a short story Im working on set in Victorian Era London. "Ellie Copperfield". Im working on this at a slighlty slower pace as I wanna finish this issue of Araminta first understandbly.

Enjoy!

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2016, 02:03:14 PM »

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2016, 08:14:19 AM »
a nice read so far, i am surprised i didnt find this until now :P
your manga style is quite shojoish with the panelling and open panels
artistically i think it would be nice to see a bit more shading, like for example the crates on the last page, they can seem to float because they dont interact with the floor.
but very nice so far, i look forward to more :P

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2016, 08:22:37 AM »

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2016, 05:27:24 AM »
wow, getting exciting :P
looking forward to the next pages :P

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2016, 11:39:17 AM »
It's taxing I tell ya, but Araminta Issue 2 IS coming to a completion. But I really could use some help. I'm able to get more work done and faster when Im able to outsource my work. Hiring inkers and such, and takes alot of the weight off. Naturally of course though I have to pay them for there work, its only fair.. I also need money myself to buy equipment and such. If your an artist yourself yknow what its like trying to stretch cash.

As a result I could REALLLLY use some outside support, so if you can donate, that would be great. You can offer this via my Patreon account.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2887585

As a little incentive, here is a small reward I'm offering in hopes. I update the current Araminta once a week, but if you patron just a dollar, you can gain early access to scheduled pages. Quite a few done already and if you cant wait to read. And as an extra you can also gain access to scheduled illustrations. Just a dollar, its not very much.

Thank your for your time and consideration folks.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 11:55:51 AM by stardustpink »

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2016, 11:55:46 AM »
Issue 2 is officially finished! It will continue to be updated every Monday on my DA and tumblr but for those of you that dont wanna wait, you can gain early acess now, just by pledging a dollar. One dollar. It aint much

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2887585

I will leave you all an update.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 11:58:44 AM by stardustpink »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2016, 03:04:28 PM »
Oh man stardustpink! This is impressive! You've really picked up the pace and you're narration has picked up for sure. Great work!

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2016, 01:55:57 PM »
Well hello stardustpink, very impressive! I  can't say it's my genre (I'm more of the dark type) but from what I seen your narrative and drawing / shading skills improve with every page you make. Keep it up! It's not easy to hold on to your motivation, so it's a great thing you got this far already.  :clapping:
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)