March 28, 2024, 04:39:36 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Stardustpink Art  (Read 56392 times)

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
Re: Stardustpink Art
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2018, 11:10:52 AM »

A groupshot of the cast of Little Miyako Chan. A colourful ragtag bunch that live in "Charmwood Village".

When the children of Charmwood get magically pulled into the world of Charles Dickens, young Connie finds herself captured by the wicked Bill Sykes who is wanting to know the whereabouts of a certain Oliver Twist.]

Chimney is a 9 year old, who lives with her Grandpa John, a painter, and her pet cat "Duck". They all live moored by a river in Charmwood on there boat "The Ragdoll".

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2018, 05:13:41 AM »

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2018, 06:11:37 AM »
Thats a cool mix of characters!

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Tzefa

• Spero Meliora
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2018, 07:38:29 AM »
I don't know why it reminds me of like 90's anime, might be just be the bright colors and rounder eyes but its pleasant and faintly nostalgic to me
Rarely sighted apparent pixel artist

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2018, 01:57:02 PM »

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2018, 06:30:03 PM »
Nice update

Facebook       Patreon

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2018, 02:54:12 PM »
I love the range of characters you create, and the amount of complete pieces you draw. A lot of us here post a lot of sketches and every now and then something finished, so its nice to see regular high quality :)

that last one has quite a different style to it, maybe even more chibi than normal? I love the girl being held she looks like she doesnt know what face to pull out of embarrassment :P
Maybe when using solid black clothing, use a line of white to differentiate the parts otherwise it can be a little confusing.
ahh its the liney eyes instead of the roundey ones you normally do. I like both!

I tried to draw a character with the same proportions as what you normally use and found it quite difficult, maybe because I wasnt used to it but either way your characters are always in a very consistent style.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2019, 07:27:24 PM »
Been awhile since i checked in, I'd forgetten my regestired username! That can be a problem when you can change them so easily.

Hope to say more later

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2019, 05:15:35 PM »
awesome!
good to see you around :)
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2019, 01:02:07 PM »
Sorry its been awhile since I updated. Frankly I havent been doing too hot. Infact I've had a very dark cloud of depression hanging over me. I dont even wanna wake up most days. Or feel like drawing. Infact its tempting to pack it all in, whats the piont. I hope this is just mental sickness talking. I dont even really know what to do anymore. This sounds really self pitying but does anyone really even care if I continue my stories? Is it a waste of time?

I hope this is all just in my head, I dunno what Im doing. Cant promise what'll happen in the future. Feel like Im losing the plot.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2019, 01:52:01 PM »
We'd always rather see you continuing than not Stardust! You can't move forward if you don't try. Otherwise you just stagnate, and nothing gets achieved. As long as you keep trying, there will always be hope. It's when we give up that hope is lost.

Maybe it doesn't feel right today. Maybe it won't feel right tomorrow, or the day after. But I promise you that as long as you keep waking up and trying to make it feel right, one day it will be.

There has been a lot of people come through MR over the years, and a lot of them have felt the same as you do now. A lot of them have gotten discouraged and gave up, yes. But others didn't. They forged ahead, and bettered themselves because of it.

I know first hand that mental illness is a hell of a thing. But you are not your mental illness. It's a part of you, sure, but it is not how you are defined. People are defined by what they do, not what they perceive themselves to be. As long as you can believe that about yourself, creating things will never be a waste of time.

I wish you all the best. We're rooting for you. Always.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2019, 02:16:19 PM »
As Coryn says, it's something that a lot of artists probably face, as well as a lot of people in general to be honest.
As backlogged as I get with reading peoples stories and mangas and commenting on their art, I would still totally agree, keep on going!!
It might help to have a clear goal of what you want as an artist, do you just want people to read your story and say they enjoyed it, or make money as an illustrator etc. That will help you to have something to aim at and to help you to push through on days that you don't feel like doing anything.
I've always loved your art style and would always want to see more!
nice piggybacking one there, I've failed a few times to draw that couple pose XD

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2019, 01:01:53 PM »
As Coryn says, it's something that a lot of artists probably face, as well as a lot of people in general to be honest.
As backlogged as I get with reading peoples stories and mangas and commenting on their art, I would still totally agree, keep on going!!
It might help to have a clear goal of what you want as an artist, do you just want people to read your story and say they enjoyed it, or make money as an illustrator etc. That will help you to have something to aim at and to help you to push through on days that you don't feel like doing anything.
I've always loved your art style and would always want to see more!
nice piggybacking one there, I've failed a few times to draw that couple pose XD

I spose if I thought about it. I want people to read my stories. I want to creat these worlds and have them happen as opposed to just staying in my head, even if its just for fun. I do wanna make money though because naturally I gotta eat, pay for things, and even then I can work on them more. I started using a writer recently as Im better at drawing than writing for example(ones just easier to the other, comes more naturally). I get on well with said writer so I hope it could be fruitful in the future. Thats also why I go through Patreon, that way if I get payed at all its for my own thing. I admit I like that, I wouldent wanna be a commision artist(I dont like being told what to do ^^' I tend to do my own thing).

I guess, I just wanna create, doesent havta be super special, and have the means to do so. I think anyway. Mayby I should take it easier if nothing else though who knows what'll happen in the future. I only say that becuase life is unpredictable, so I dont like to say anything definite.

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2019, 06:04:39 PM »
yeah I'm starting to think i dont want to be told what to draw either haha
it's alright to keep your options open but its also nice to have something short term to aim at as well to keep your focus strong.
it sounds like you've got a bunch of ideas and if you keep working forward you'll gain the skills to take on any new direction you decide later as well.
we'll be looking forward to your next artworks :)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2019, 07:48:34 AM »
Totally. A true creative creates for the sake of creation. Even if it's not what you end up doing for a living, it won't diminish your love for it if it's truly something you enjoy.

Not to mention, concentrating on the creating and not the earning can be very freeing.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF