March 29, 2024, 01:32:30 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Stardustpink Art  (Read 56399 times)

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
Re: Stardustpink Art
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2016, 10:20:22 AM »

My character Hayako Kimura, is a very cheerful energetic girl. But thats not truly how she always feels on the surface. Her parents died in an accident when she was 8, and not knowing any other way to cope at such a young age, just smiled. Now thats how she deals wth everything, smiling even when she feels like crying, in particular so her friends dont fret over her

I find this is true in real life. People often act like there so happy so the people they care about dont worry about them.

Snow runs "Sweet Apple Bakery", along with the help of her seven dwarf companions. Her specialty is apple themed pastries, in particular apple pie.

Heres a work in progress too. Im stuck on the shadows, not sure I know what Im doing really...

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2016, 10:47:40 AM »

Seichi and Mitsu enjoying some music.

An Indian girl, Rani, dancing in her homevillage. I was stuck for ages on how to colour the fire.

Fallon is a mythical land full of any number of magic beings. Witches, mermaids, pirates, fairies. And crystals also have magical properties. There of such importance infact each place is named after a gem. Almost each girl in this image is also the princess of said kingdom.

This took quite a long time to complete.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 10:50:13 AM by stardustpink »

Offline musashi-kami

• Almighty God
  • omae wa mou shindeiru
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2016, 11:40:41 AM »
 I found cool your style, the design has a style "simple"
http://musashikami.deviantart.com/
"Ninguém começa no topo do mundo. Nem eu, nem você, nem mesmo Deus... Mas o vazio insuportável do trono do céu acabou. De agora em diante, EU ESTAREI SENTADO NELE !!!"
-AIZEN SOUSUKE

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2016, 05:13:31 PM »
nice recent work, i love your oldschool style feel to your work as always!

i like how you have a lot of interaction between characters in your drawings, the hugging pictures look really cute, especially

and

keep up the good work!
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2016, 11:11:26 AM »

So, the ending to Gravity falls… It was INCREDIBLE. While Im sad it ended so soon, its the perfect ending to a wonderful cartoon. So many emotions, excitment quite a bit of excitement. And such a happy ending. I just couldent stop watching, it had my attention the entire time.

If your a fan and you havent seen this yet, DO IT! Your missing out otherwise.

When a fantastic series gets a fantastic ending too, all the better.

Thank you Alex Hirsch for creating such a great show. Your awesome dude

Although they've not had much screentime together, and I wish they did, I like putting Bill and Mabel together. I guess this is kinda a "What if". Remember when Mabel ran off upset after learning Dipper would be staying Gravity falls? What if Bill had come to her as himself instead of disguised? What if he had offered her a way to keep things the way they are? An endless summer?

I imagine Mabel would be hesitant, knowing you cant trust Bill, but in her upset and vulnerable state, would she be tempted? Would she say yes? Im sure Bill would take advantage.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2016, 09:02:00 AM »
Feel like Im getting alot done lately and using my time more practically. Plus managing to lesson my workload and keep it small, not biting off more than I can manage right now.

Working on Araminta pages right now, hope to get them done soon and update it regularly.

ART DUMP!

Offline Aimyraude

• heya :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2016, 11:58:54 AM »
Is it normal if i cant see them ?

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2016, 03:33:15 PM »
@startdust pink i love art dumps :P
i cant pick out a favorite though i love them all, i love the fairy one, i love the second last one where the boys is holding/catching the girl, i love the last one with everyone. i just really love your art style. i do think on some drawings the eyes are a bit far apart, but your style is not based on normal proportions so i can let that slide :P
i think it would be nice to see a bit more shade or detail in your drawings as well, especially on the clothing, but overall the simple style is really really nice :P

do you mind if i borrow your art style :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2016, 10:35:45 AM »
@startdust pink i love art dumps :P
i cant pick out a favorite though i love them all, i love the fairy one, i love the second last one where the boys is holding/catching the girl, i love the last one with everyone. i just really love your art style. i do think on some drawings the eyes are a bit far apart, but your style is not based on normal proportions so i can let that slide :P
i think it would be nice to see a bit more shade or detail in your drawings as well, especially on the clothing, but overall the simple style is really really nice :P

do you mind if i borrow your art style :P

*Blushing like crazy*Aww geez X3 Thank you. The catching one is Tom Thumb and Thumbelina, and last one is a rendition of Robin Hood.

Thats fair, I do think that sometimes myself on the eyes. And yeah, cartoons and anime in general arent very realistic proportion wise. Anime is the best example, if peoples eyes were actually that big...XD

As for details Im working on my backgrounds these days, using real photographs and such as reference. Buildings and such. This also helps practice my perspective. Dunno if thats whatcha had in mind butttt, thats just somewhere i think I need to grow

PS. Im glad you like ny style so much X3 Thats quite possibly one of the nicest things Ive heard

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2016, 10:38:05 AM »

A character of mine, for a short story I have in mind. A fairly simple story set in the Victorian Era. Im rather interested in this time setting, amongst others, so I wanted to do a story in that time.

Ellie Copperfield is a 13 year old orphan living in these rough times as a flower seller, trying to get by with various dangers all around. Hunger, sickness, all sorts of things.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2016, 11:18:20 AM »
yes backgrounds is one of the things i was thinking of, but i meant more folds and stuff on the clothes. trouble is your style is simplistic, and i think adding more detail might also be out of place as well. its hard to explain. keep practicing and drawing, and your arts will improve :P
figured it was robin hood or something similar :P
do you ever draw from reference, real life (or manga)? that has many benefits in improving one's drawings.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2016, 06:28:55 AM »
yes backgrounds is one of the things i was thinking of, but i meant more folds and stuff on the clothes. trouble is your style is simplistic, and i think adding more detail might also be out of place as well. its hard to explain. keep practicing and drawing, and your arts will improve :P
figured it was robin hood or something similar :P
do you ever draw from reference, real life (or manga)? that has many benefits in improving one's drawings.

Alot more these days yes, although with real life its photographs(just easier especially since then your models keep still). This is especially handy for tricky poses or backgrounds involving buildings. And I find you often learn more looking at real manga than those "How To Draw Books"

Ive found alot of old artists use references and its interesting to see the process. Norman Rockwell for example

Offline Crimson

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2016, 01:18:23 PM »
I think you can add more detail and still keep your simplistic style. Id say for a style like this, dont focus so much on anatomy, but maybe Focusing on your lighting and perspective can make a huge difference, without changing your style. I notice you use two tones alot in your coloring (one light color one dark color). I understand this can be a style choice, but why not try blending the lines between your light a dark colors just a little. Also try your hand and one point or even two point perspective drawings somtimes. I think a just adding these small details wont change the core of your art style but could add a proffetional "pop" to your art.
Ill do my best

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2016, 10:03:03 AM »
Been pretty busy recently, trying to whittle down anything in progress

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2016, 03:15:56 AM »
Looking at your art, it seems you have really improved on drawing hands but I noticed you kind of avoid feet in half of your drawings.