March 29, 2024, 01:24:25 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Stardustpink Art  (Read 56398 times)

Offline Nekonomicon

• =^.^=
    • View Profile
Re: Stardustpink Art
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2015, 03:24:56 PM »
haha, changing the story of the ugly duckling is a really good idea :D
Those feathers were worth the effort as well :3
One thing though, it's not that important, but it is a little painful to see so much of the page left blank in your sketch book >.< I sound like an art teacher now O.o Sorry :/

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2015, 03:32:23 PM »
Its okay :P My art teacher as a kid alway told me simialiar. Use up every inch of the paper, dont leave blank space.

Thankfully photoshop cropping makes it easier admittedly. If I did totally tradtional art I'd have alot more trouble I imagine.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2015, 10:22:56 AM »

Three of my girl characters from a magical girl series I have in mind. "Magical Warrior Ninja Mitsuki". These are the three girls posing for a picture outside there school. The story is set in England tho admittedly there uniforms look kinda like sailor fukus. I came u with those designs years ago. HOWEVER, I like them and plan to keep them. I tried westernizing them a bit by changing the collars and adding buttons.

From left to right

Ruby: Leecey's best friend, her alter ego is "Ninja Umi", power over water.

Leecey: The main character, shes a cheerful energetic girl who is way into animation and video games. Although sometimes she doesnet take things as seriously as she should, she's non the less a heart on her sleeve kinda girl. The hero of the story, she is "Ninja Mitsuki".

Sakura: A Japanese girl who moved to England a good few years ago. Her father is a proffesor who taught her the laungage and during her time living here, has grown very fluent. Leecey's twin brother, Michael, has a crush on her. Her alter ego is "Ninja Kayo", with the powers over earth and nature.

There are three other ninja's and these all happen to be boys. I hope to be able to show them in the future.

I'd like to do a small series of pictures of my magical girls, and here's the first of them.

13 year old Yume Kirameki's alter ego is "Dream Sentinel Yume", who purges evil nightmares from the innocent people who they possess. I plan to draw each girl side by side there forms for comparison.

A character for my series "Guardian Alliance". The Guardian Alliance is an international league of superheroes, humans born with abnormal abilities who use them for good. Of couse, there are some who prefer to use them for evil. Our main story takes place in California and focuses on four teenagers in particular with various abilities.

This is "Guardian Robin". She has powers over air, able to manipulate the winds, cause tornadoes, storms, etc., and posesses the abilty to fly like her namesake. She's a cheerful sporty sort of girl by day.

Been awhile since I drew these guys ^^ Wouldn't mind drawing them a bit more often

I rather liked Snowdrops design, so, I decided to draw her ^^ Dunno who she belongs to, though I do know shes a fan character(at least Im pretty sure about that). I cant stress enough however she is NOT mine.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2015, 05:53:18 AM »
your drawings remind me of detective conan art style :P
in fact your whole style looks like it came straight out of the 80s or something its quite refreshing compared to all the modern manga people are drawing these days (me included :P)

my advice would be try and alter the thickness of the lines you use, especially on outlines and internal lines. when they are all the same thickness it seems kinda weird and nothing stands out much.
I assume for your digital work, you are using stroke path or the equivalent, try and vary the width.
unless it is your style of course :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2015, 04:19:52 PM »
It does? Thank you ^^ I kinda like that. Mayby its because I like alot of retro things. Movies, cartoons, I prefer older stuff to new things for the most part. There are a few decently made things now but I think alot of gems came from the 80's and 90's. Some of it stuff I grew up on. Mayby thats a subconscious influence.

Stroke path, I guess you mean the Photoshop pen tool?On my older works, yes,thats what I used to do. BUT for my most recent including my last post of images, Ive started using a cintiq tablet instead.

As for style, uh, I dunno. People sometimes ask me how I do things and alot of the time Im not even really thinking. I just draw. Technical stuff goes over me 'ead

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2015, 04:28:47 PM »
yeah i love old art styles but i hardly draw them. if i ever draw fanart then i will use their style, but otherwise i miss it, shame really :P
must be really subconcious, even your body style is similar to the old art style, nowadays manga girls are really thin, but older animes/mangas had similar proportions to your work.

ahhh a tablet......hmmmmmmmm :P
very nice :P
I still recommend having thinner lines :P
try thinner lines overall, or just in part, i think it will make a huge difference. maybe try 1/2 the thickness you have been doing. it cant hurt to try, if im wrong then do what you normally do :P

sometimes its better to ignore technical stuff and just draw, but its good to have a base level you can work from to get the same results each time you draw, which it looks like you have anyway so no worries :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2015, 07:51:56 AM »

My version of the Queen of Hearts and the Duchess from "Alice In Wonderland".

Bat twins, Shinobu and Shadow.

Originally they lived peacefully in a small village, but it was attacked by outsiders, and many of the inhabitants killed. Including there parents. While fleeing the twins were separated. Shinobu returned to her village, but did not find her brother amongst the survivors. But not finding him amongst the dead either, believed him to be alive, leaving the village to find him and becoming a thief in order to survive.

Shadow suffered a fall during the escape, which cause him to lose his memories, hench WHY he dident return. All he could remember was his name and a faint shadowy figure calling him by it(this being his sister). He turned to theft also to keep alive. Thought it'd be interesting if the two took similar paths in life, twins believed to have a strange connection alot of the time. Eventually they are are united.

Usually Shinobu has her wings out, but they wouldve gotten in the way for this particular image

Just a little crossover I did. Vinnie from BMFM with one of my younger chars. The little girl, Yuki, is an original character of mine, an alien girl(aliens can often have human like appearences after all). This was something diffrent for me, Im not used to drawing anthros, BUT, it was summin new to try, and I think it came out pretty good ^^

I rather enjoyed this crossover and would like to do more with my alien girls from the same series.

Araminta "cosplaying" as Rapunzel. ^^ She looks so CUTE in that dress, and I like how her hair came out. Looks rather natural and free flowing I think.

Been feeling better lately, just trying to get on with things. Since I worry about just about everything I figured, just DO it. Lifes too short and the only way to deal with fear and anxiety is to let it come. The more you try to avoid it the worst it gets. Easier said then done alot of the time :P And I do have my bad days, but I feel like Im really making progres and getting there. Most of the time I feel like my old self. And If Im gonna worry anyway may aswell create.

Right now Im aiming to get anything in my sketch book completed and then get back to comics. Trouble is alot of the time I wanna get everything done at once, THUS, you get overwhelmed and feel like your caught in a whirlwind, and nothing gets done. Funny how limiting yourself can give you more sense of control.

What I wanna work on now is "Araminta", and a magical girl series called "Cosmic Thief Silvia". Im starting with Araminta first as it has an easier setup, and see where I go from there. Ive been doing alot of concept art recently, desing characters, buildings, praticing my perspective and the like and diffrent architecture from diffrent times and countries(you set a story in japan for example it wouldnet hurt to know how to draw traditional houses). My aim is to also self publish, get myself out there more. In this field it seems like you gotta depend on yourself more than anything else. 

I have lots of other ideas and plenty of time to work on them, so I'll try not to go nuts wanting to do em all immediately. Sides if you got everything done immediately, what would you have left to draw? No fun then.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2015, 09:21:47 AM »

13 years old, Rika is a skilled invetor with an amazingly high IQ. She is the head of the company "Starflight Industries", which was originally built from the ground up by her father and considered the top industry in its field.

She is one of the main characters in a magical girl series I would like to work on soon, but it requires a little more planning and design. In due time however I hope to get to work on it.

Jack Frost ^^ Inspired by those little snow rabbits you see in manga all the time? Little round balls of snow with leaves for ears. Thought it'd be fun to do summin similar with Jack

A group shot of all my main magical girls! ^^ Some have team mates, while Yume for example is a solo heroine.

From left to right:

Yume:Yume Kirameki is a daydreamy kind of girl, who lives with her mother and loves to draw and paint. Lately however she keeps having the same strange dream over and over, even in class. These dreams turn out to be a message, a premonition of sorts, when one night she is visited by Yueh, the rabbit of the moon. He explains to her the the evil Queen Nightshade, ruler of the realm of nightmares, is attempting to take over the mortal world by infecting peoples mnds with evil dreams, which allows her to manipulate them like puppets and turns there hearts to darkness.

Leecey: Leecey Cherrywood is a cheerful, energetic girl who is something of an otaku. Her favourite series is "Warrior Princess Azumi", an anime, manga and game series. Her love for this show becomes something of a reality for her when she is chosen to become "Ninja Mitsuki." Im thinking the monsters she fights are based on Japanese mythology.

Silvia: This story is a little different from all my others, including in the magical girl sense. Its set in outer space for one, and has slightly darker themes compared to the others. Silvia Twilight was once an ordinary young girl from the planet "Eternus", with dreams of becoming a singer. That dream somewhat comes true when she finds herself mixed up with the Prince of her home planet, Satoru, an alter ego and a plot to bring down the corrupt head of the Galatic Police, who has his finger in a number of evil schemes and has entire galaxy snowed. Along with her team mates, by day the are the girl band "The Silver Twilights", but while trying to stop and bad doings, they are "Cosmic Thief Silvia and the Galactic Girls". This is something Im VERY EXCITED about and hope to work on soon, just needs more planning.

Aya: Aya Damon is a quiet, polite young girl from a rather big family, but shes always felt different somehow. She has never really known or been able to explain why however. She discovers when she is dragged into another world, known as "The Glen of the Fairies". Her father was a air fairy, though he had kept it a secret, falling in love with a human woman and living as a human, so she has blood of the fae in her. Now she has been chosen to take the place of air amongst the "Elemental Fairies", who are kinda the leaders of each specific kind of fairy, by the Fairy Queen.

Alot of these stories do admittedly have some plotholes and details to fill in, and even some changes (placeholders and stuff). Alot of these I came up with when I was very young, and some things dont always sound so good when we grow up :P And require some maintenance as a result. We learn as we grow I spose.

Some are more well developed than others but hey, you cant have everything figured out at once. And a good story takes time. I hope when they are ready though everyone will enjoy them, and the standalone art. I know Im excited to give them life.

Cleo is a Mummy, very quiet, stoic, but has a deep love for cats. She often wears the same uninterested expression, rarely smiling or anything. Rotgut is a Zombie, cheerful, goofy, kinda daft, and has a huge crush on her stemming from when they were little. A love that never wanes no matter how much she gives him the cold shoulder XP

Happy Halloween!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2015, 10:24:01 AM »
i love your character design :P
you put a lot of thought into each drawing by the sound of it :P

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2015, 12:04:00 PM »
i love your character design :P
you put a lot of thought into each drawing by the sound of it :P

*Blush*Thanks  ;D

Mmm, I guess I do :P Art's always meant alot to me since I was a kid and I like to think I put alot of effort in as a result

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2015, 12:08:10 PM »

A story set in 1600's, during the times of new world exploration. Dario is 13 year old boy from a small fishing village in Italy, who dreams of being a great explorer. Tayanna is an Aztec girl from a tribe who managed to escape the spanish conquer, living hidden from the world. Tayanna is the keeper of a magic amulet, which opens the door to an ancient temple full of treasures.

In this image the two kids have snuck aboard a ship, hiding below decks while on there journey. I was able to use different colours to create a certain mood for this drawing, something Ive not done before

Two characters from "Cosmic Thief Silvia", Kogane and Yuki both come from the same planet, "Blissa".

Kogane is a quiet, gentle girl who volunteers frequently at her local church. She always wears a gold crucifix around her neck that belonged to her mother, and previously her grandmother. Her parents died when she was young, and her older brother became her legal guardian once old enough.

Yuki is a 8 year old from "Lost Stars Orphanage". Her family were caught in a car accident. They were killed instantly, while Yuki survived. She deeply loves Kogane, who volunteers at the orphanage along with the church, seeing her as a mother figure.

Wherever you are
Whatever happens
Im going to find you

I certainly hope things work out alright for the Pines twins. Hate to see a repeat of Stan and Ford.

I wonder though, why did Bill trap Mabel in a bubble? What was the purpose of that? I suppose everyone has there theories about it as they seem to with such cartoons, but we'll probably know for sure next week.

Some of my characters drawn in the style of Ojamajo Doremi fairies

PHEW! Been bustin my ass lately. Getting a lot of work churned out but still alot to do. Right now Im focusing on getting the next two issues of "Araminta" finished(scripts are all but done and some design work), and Im also doing alot of design and research for a magical girl series Id like to get underway soon too. Keep a lookout ya'll
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 01:41:01 AM by stardustpink »

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2015, 07:45:46 PM »

When 13 year old Dorothy visits her Aunt's farm for the summer, she finds a beautiful pair of silver shoes in the attic. When she slips them on she's suddenly whisked away to another world, "Oz". The land of Oz is in a state of chaos, the Wicked Witch of the West having taken over, her stronghold taking place in the Emerald City. Whats more, the rightful ruler of the land, Princess Ozma, has been missing ever since. The silver shoes were sent to one who could aptly use there magic. Though they werent expecting a little girl.

An idea I have for a more modern twist on the old Wizard of Oz tale. The old books offer a lot to work with, there's quite alot in this series. I would like to someday work on this as a real story, so, lets see what happens.

Two characters from "Lil Red". Rapunzel is a shy, soft spoken girl who runs a hair salon. She is often seen by the shop door sweeping out hair. Here she is brushing out Ducky's hair, which tends to get very wild. I love her long soft looking ponytail. Originally I was going to make it tumble around the floor, but that'd be very hard to draw all the time. But this length still looks very lovely and you get who the characters meant to be.

At first the story just focused on Red and Wolf, but since then its really grown and changed, the side characters developing more personality and back story, and so Id like some of the focus to go to them too.

Others to appear will include: Cindy(Cinderella), Beauty and her Beast, Francesca and the Frog prince, Hansel, Gretel, Snow White and the dwarves, Kari(The Little Mermaid") her "prince", Thumbelina and Tom Thumb.

A manga story Im excited to work on when I can. The story is scifi slash magical girl. Set it outer space, the main character is 13 year old Silvia Twilight. Think Maho Shojo meets Jem and the Holograms

Bottom to top:

Silvia: The main character, she is a young girl from the planet "Eternus" who loves music and to sing. Her dream somewhat comes true when she is contacted by Prince Satoru, one of the monarchs of her home planet. Armed with a plan to bring down the corrupt head of the "Galactic Police Force", transforming cellphones and a front as the popular girl band "The Silver Twlights", Silvia and friends aim to fight for justice. "Cosmic Thief Silvia" he is passionate regarding music, and artists she enjoys in particular are "Lady Gaga" "Madonna" and "Queen".

Mariko: From the planet "Cyrus", Mariko is a tough, firecracker of a biker girl. Abandoned outside the back alley of a bar as a baby, she was brought up by the taverness who found her, acting as her foster mother. Growing up in such an environment around so many men is what gave her such a tomboyish attitude. Her alter ego is "Galactic Girl OJ" and she plays electric guitar in there band. Her musical tastes include "Aerosmith" and "The Ramones".

Kogane: A quiet soft spoken girl from the planet "Blissa", shes the bands keyboardist and "Galactic Girl Indigo". She spent alot of her time in the church and was part of the choir. The teams peacemaker and often the most levelheaded of the group. She wears a gold crucifix around her neck that belong to her mother and grandmother. She likes "Celtic Women" and "The Beatles"

Rika: From the planet "Lantis", she originally created the phones that transform them, but never dreamt she'd be one of the users herself. She is considered a child prodigy and her IQ is amazingly high. "Starflight Industries" is the top scientific company in space, that was built from the ground up by her late father. When she turns 16 the company will officially be turned over to her, but she still handles production, orders and construction behind the scenes. Shes "Galactic Girl Scarlet" and the teams drummer. She loves techno music, her fave bands being "Owl City" and "Daft Punk"

Yuki: An 8 year old orphan and the youngest of the team, she was in a car accidnet with her family years ago. Her parents died instantly, while she survived, coming to live at "Lost Stars" orphanage before becoming part of the time. Also from "Blissa", she is "Galactic Girl Cerulean" and plays bass guitar she is a very sweet little girl. She is very close with Kogane who volunteered at the orphanage, seeing her as a second mother, and Mariko, who fits the cool older sister catergory.  She likes cutesy JP and DDR music.

Im really eager to get started on this in due time, that's the plan anyway. Work along this with Araminta

Update on Araminta, the script for Issue 2 is completed, so hope I can draw that soon. Issue 3's is nearly completed too

This'll be my last post before the New Year, so, Merry christmass ya'll!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 05:39:15 PM by stardustpink »

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2015, 01:01:28 PM »
Like the Tezuka style. The character designs are nice. Coloring could use some work (on the backgrounds particularly). And your anatomy could stand to be more consistent I think.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2016, 10:37:31 AM »

Conker and Pipsy! A fan of Conker the squirrel, Ive seen some pictures of these two as a couple, and thought them seriously adorable. Since both were originally Diddy Kong Racing characters this seemed especially appropriate a pairing.

Kinda funny how Conker started off as any typical cute furry gaming character, to getting his own spinoff with rather lewd and adult humour. Personally though I think thats what makes his character so awesome X3

Being King must have some perks to it after all

Both are naturally grown up in this picture. Would like to draw more on these two I reckon in the future.

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2016, 11:01:30 AM »
Pretty unique style.
I say work on the hands. In some cases they're decent, but in this one, for example:

/\ The girl in pink on the right has 2 different hand sizes. Her left hand has thin fingers, while her right one has chubby ones.
Another thing I noticed is you tend to draw the mouth and the nose almost horizontally close whenever the character is not looking directly at us, which feels off.
Finally, I feel like the eyes have room for improvement. Look at pictures 1 and 2 for reference:

(1)

(2)

Eyes vary in size whenever perspective is involved. However, in your case (1), the face is ever so slightly tilted, so the perspective at play isn't strong. Therefore, the eyes should be almost the same size (2), with the one on the far end being slightly smaller.