March 29, 2024, 12:40:32 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Stardustpink Art  (Read 56397 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Stardust Art
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2014, 04:05:16 PM »
Like the first one a lot. You have an interesting colour sense but sometimes it overwhelms me. That one seems more direct haha.

The second one reminds me of the manga Ranma. Good work all around!

Offline desirulz123

• Void Mage
  • My name is Desi! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2014, 07:30:10 AM »
I've never watched MLP   :(

Ah, well thats what Discord comes from ^^ Lord of chaos, crazy character, very funny

A personal rendition of the villain of Oz. Im really pleased with how this came out, and I feel like Ive tried some new things while creating it. I kept in the Crystal Ball from the movie version. It has a nice ominous, intimidating mood to it.

Just something I wanted to do for fun. Looking to try a bunch of different manga styles with my own creations as a sort of challenge. I felt this style suited these particular girls.

One of my fave scenes from MLP. I plan to do a couple more on the series, a lot of them featuring Discord XP

Took me awhile to redesign Discord as human, but, Im quite pleased with the turn out. I kept certain features from his original form to distinguish him further from the main six and normal ponies. Discord is probably more like some great all knowing sorcerer, if he were human, while the girls are mere mortals. Im not sure bout his eyes tho, MAY change them in future images.

I guess this is also kinda Discolight.

Ive actually got summin else drawn, but its more mature, and Im not sure about the rules of mature content on this site. Can anyone tell me??? Is it okay if its censored or is it a flat out no? Dont wanna get banned.

Hey im liking your style here is a few suggestions

1. Maybe you should put more items or add some shading effects to fill up the canvas than just leaving giant spaces it would give more emotion. Like the witch for example maybe put a stand with magic potions or a pot filled with strange liquid use your imagination or look up on Google "Witches lair" or something like that.

2. I noticed you keep having your camera/viewers eye in front and your characters looking straight ahead at the camera try a different angle and practice perspective.

3. Try to make your characters bigger on the canvas  all the empty space with nothing to look at doesn't make the character stand out.

Hope this helped :)

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2014, 03:26:52 PM »

A drawing based on a manga idea I wanna draw someday.

Titled "The World", its a sorta sci fi, post apoc story I spose. Four years ago, on a distant planet called "Otaora", the sky was filled with unfamiliar space vessels, with a race of unfamiliar beings upon them. Known only as the "Invaders", they proceeded to take siege of the planet and everyone in it. An initial attack was struck to round up the populace, and almost half the populance was captured. Those who where caught, are held prisoners in "The City", a futuristic city with high walls to prevent anyone getting in or out.

Those who managed to avoid capture, remained outside, remaining in hiding and trying to get there planet, as well as there loved ones back.

The girl in the picture is the main character, Astrid, who was only 12 years old at the time. She managed to escape because her family hid her. This is meant to be after the initial attack. The streets are devoid of life, buildings reduced to rubble, with Astrid, like many others, in shock over what's happened, not knowing what's happened to there loved ones, or if there even alive. There once peaceful lives shattered within moments.

Im not good at summaries I fear, but I hope you get the jist of it.

Another cosplay/parody picture, this time I went with an old favourite. When anime was first coming over to Britain, Pretty Sammy became one of my faves. So Ive got the female cast of "Project Harmony" dressed up in the style. Was able to experiment with new stuff in this image, including hairstyles. There's a few here Id like to use again.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2014, 09:33:29 PM »
Oh, that concept seems really interesting! When do you think you'd be ready to start making it?

I do love post apocalypses. Have you ever watched Ergo Proxy? It seems very reminiscent of that anime. Interesting

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 01:07:27 PM »
Oh, that concept seems really interesting! When do you think you'd be ready to start making it?

I do love post apocalypses. Have you ever watched Ergo Proxy? It seems very reminiscent of that anime. Interesting

Thanks ^^ But Im afirad im not sure. Its probably gonna be one of my more complicated pieces, and longest. So I wanna be sure Im ready to take it on when I do, and I think may art really needs to improve a fair bit before I do, as I want it to be something amazing. Mainly I need to imrpove on bulidings and stuff, Imagine during a super hueg high tech city!! No way Im at that level yet, or at leats not enough so that it looks good.

Plus theres designing the rest of the cast. I have them in my head, but getting them on paper is alot harder. Inlcuding Astrid I have mayby, 5 designed? And theres about 15 altogether. Tho I have the basic idea in my head,so, thats at least one thing completed. Its more physical design now than anything else.

Tho I will still be drawing art on this particular idea, so, thats sumthing. And hopefully I'll be able to turn it into a real series in time.

Nah, never seen that one. Ive seen a few movies on the subject tho. Running man,  A Boy And His Dog. And this one where new york city has been turned into a giant prison?I forget the name of that one.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2014, 01:12:18 PM »
Another Chaotix pic, this time its set on the Hang Castle level. I like halloween based stuff, so this was a prime chioce.

Just a simple little drawing I wanted to do.My characters Cassian and Araminta in very diffrent forms XP

Even as a mouse, Araminta is completly fearless(scampering right up to a cat), and adorable[/B] X3 Might do some more of the two in this manner, at the very least I wouldent mind being able to draw Araminta as a mouse again.

Been awhile since Ive done a pony, so here's the next one. Sweet Stuff. Im actually amazed how well this one turned out! The hairstyle and eyes. Some nice hues aswell, candy like colours.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2014, 08:32:55 PM »
Originally I wanted this to be a picture by the sea (hench the water drops on the girl), but I found this really pretty bubbly texture, and it was just too nice to pass up!

The boy Shiro has a crush on the girl Aina, but like alot of teenagers, has alot of trouble telling her how he feels.

At the time when I got the idea for this picture, I thought I was being so original.. But since then everyones done a drawing based on this song XP So not so much anymore XD.

Never the less, its a wonderful song, and Idina Menzel has a great set of pipes. So I took my own hand at drawing a picture on it. Originally I had something diffrent in mind, but the pose proved too difficult. Perhaps I could do a redux in the future.

But I do belive this came out great, Im really happy with it. Took a few tries doing Elsa's hair, its very hard to draw 3d charcters in 2d style sometimes. I had the some problem with Jack Frost.

Enjoy!

This drawing was done based on the ending song from "Robin Hood, Prince Of Thieves." Whether they were real or not, I think Marian and Robin are one of the most romantic couples ever ^^

Robin Hood is one of my favourite storys, and I would like to draw a manga version some day. This is how I imagine they might look. Ive made them a little younger in my interpratation, there about 15 years of age. But back in those times, they would be considered adults. Girls as young as 14 could get married back then. If you werent married by your 20's, you were considered an old maid I believe. Im not too good on history XD

One of the great things about Robin Hood is there is no one story. There are many diffrent interpratations, thus alot to enjoy and choose from.

These days I find Im trying out texture alot. It can really give your image some pop depending on how you use it.

Feedback would be most appreciated on the last two images in particular
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 08:51:05 PM by stardust121 »

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2014, 08:25:50 PM »
Another small challenge I set myself, this time I drew some of my characters in the style of Sailor Moon. The manga version mind, not the anime.

I tried to copy the style as best I could, down to the anatomy, hair and eyes. Some parts admittedly dont seem to come out aswell I fear when Im inking in photohop ^^' Quiiete a few things Im not sure came out too well. Ah I dunno.

The background was more based on the anime version. Thats one thing I always liked about the original, the chibi faces and pretty backgrounds.

The characters in question are of my own creation, a sorta Sci Fi Magical Girl idea. Cosmic Theif Silvia and the Galatic Girls. By day they pose as a popular alien girl band, by night magical girl superheros. So they are original characters, but I just drew them in a diffrent style than my own for this particular piece. Like everything else, the scenario and such needs alot of work ^^' But I hope ya like the designs and the image.

Havent gotten as much done as I wouldve liked admittedly. Been pretty down recently.

Right now I am focusing on getting Araminta finished, and still trying to draw despite how Im feeling. Doing the things you enjoy are meant to help anyway. I hope to get a few more pages of that up soon so, be on the lookout

On a lighter note, heres a little something extra. A friend of mine had one of my old drawings I did for him and sent it my way... Oh dear gawd XD How I usedta draw. DAMN. Putting it up here for a comparasion of my current stuff.

I cant remeber when I did this, probably my early teens. Between 12 and 15 I think. I usedta do everyhing by hand, colouring with pencils before moving on to photoshop .Ive definelty imporved since then, woudlent ya agree?:P

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2014, 09:49:09 PM »

This drawing was actually inspired by another idea I had, but that for now is going to remain a secret ^^ I happened to finish this firts, as it required less detail, and hate to ruin the suprise. XP

And this picture had given me an idea for some other pictures. Allow me to explain.

The girl is my character, Princess Yuri, who has the magical abilites to manipulate both ice and water. And since Ice kings thing is kidnapping princess’s, I thought this would be a funny crossover pic. Wanting to make it more a jokey picture, I wondered what silly thing the Ice Kign might do in the attempts of getting a bride. Looking at old cartoons, tickle torture seemed a common method of persuasion XP Seems like something Ice King would do so I thought, what the hey.

I think it turned out to be a pretty cute picture too ^^ Yuri herself is meant to be chibified, while I just went with the usual adventure time style for Ice King. Thankfully its a fairly easy style to draw.

Anyway, like I said, this gave me an idea. Yuri is the youngest of three triplet sister princes’s. And I thought, what might they get up to in Ooo? So those will hopefully come next. As for whos gonna be with who, well, you’ll havta wait and see XP

I imagine Ice King is in for a world of hurt when either Finn or Yuri’s sisters come to her rescue

Second picture in this little series.

Princess Akina is the middle sister, magical abilities being fire and love, very girly and loves cute things. And BMO is one of the cutest little things in Adventure time X3

ADVENTURE TIME!!

Princess Midori, the last and eldest of the three sisters. A tomboy, Midori is more a knight than a princess in personality, and is not likely to hang around with other princess’s. I think she’d be the type to hang around with guys like Finn and Jake.

This is the final drawing in my little Adventures in Ooo series ^^

This series is still going, tho its been a long time I admit since Ive done a picture for it. But Im determined to see it through.

This time its Willow as Princess Aurora, Sleeping Beauty.

Lookin back I do notice some mistakes, mainly cuz its taken me ages to finish since I actually skecthed it. But if you kept redoing your work all the time looking back at faults, youd eventually have nothing left. The more you try the better ya get at it. Ive definetly improved I think since I began this partiuclar mini series.

A personal take on “The Little Mermiad”. With some slight changes. For one thing, instead of a prince, the mermaid falls in love with a sailor. And unlike the original story, I plan for this to have a happy ending.

For the longest time I was stuck on this picture and felt like just packing it in. BUT, a little experimatation, and I started feeling eager to keep drawing it. And as a result, it turned into something beautiful. So Im glad I stuck with it.

PHEW!!Been working my ass off latley. Feeing a bit drained

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2014, 11:48:35 AM »
Been a little while since Ive been here, so...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN YA'LL!

Halloween is one of my favouritre holidays, and I reckon this is the first time Ive finished a picture in time for an actual holiday  ;)

The Sonic kids dressed up for the festivities. Tails as a mad scientist, Cream as a witch, and Charmy... Well I dunno what Charmy is, but its adorable non the less!X3

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2014, 02:25:36 PM »
Been working very hard recently and managed to clear off nearly everything in my photoshop files. Sometimes I have trouble getting drawings finished once I start them. I hope this'll also gimme some more time now to sketch up some new things.

My characters Ko Ji, a panda boy Martail Artist, and his twin little sisters, Xiao Lin(dressed in white), and Jun Rei. Mischievous young girls, they often use there indentical appearence to play tricks.

Feel like Im getting bolder with my backgrounds. Resources found on DA and such are a godsend and allow me to do more. For the flowery backgound on the wall I used some origami paper I bought in an art shop.

One of my fave elements of Adventure Time? The friendship between Marcy and Simon. Its just so adorable! Albeit sad ;-; I wonder if they'll ever do a ep where it reveals in detial how they eventually got seperated. Alot of fans have done pictures on the subject.

I also hope that things end happy for Simon. Itd be a shame if the series ended and he was stuck as the Ice King. Be nice to see him somehow get changed back permantely.

Anyway, this of course the scene where little Macry first recieves Hambo. I like the colours I used for her hair and flesh.

Not much to say about this image. Just a drawing of Princess Luna, pilot and mainstream version. Thought it'd be an intresting comparasion.

My favourite touch is the glowing stardrops.

I always thought the original Luna seemed quite young, 14 or so. While the new Luna seemed alot more regal and confident. About 16 mayby? Hench the height diffrence.

Offline GingerStark

• Social & Political Scientist
  • There is no single truth, only contingent theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2014, 02:40:25 PM »
Awwww, so kawai :D I have to say, your art has been getting better, I quite like the background on the 2nd picture  :thumbsup: how long does it take you to draw?

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2014, 08:33:03 AM »
Gingergiggles: It has huh? Great ^^ Im pleased to here that.

Uhhh, that depends really. Im not greally great with sense of time for that matter, I dont usually keep track. Sometimes whats happened just yesterday feels like a week ago for example. Plus when Im drawing I tend to get lost in my own little world.

And its also a question of how detialed the picture is. The simpler it is naturally the less time it'll take.

My guess for something pretty basic, like a single person or two, mayby a few hours? When Im actually working on it of course, I do need sleep :P For something alot bigger and more complicated, mayby a few days?

I just keep drawing till Im satisified with the image so, I guess in the long run it just takes as long as it takes ^^

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2014, 01:08:04 PM »

The Pines Twins from Gravity Falls.

Theres a fair bit of mixed meida in this drawing, which is a pretty new subject for me, and gave me a chance to try alot.

For Dippers BG I dabbed a teabag against some paper to get that aged look, an old trick but a goodun. His half is meant to like a journal, I even used passages from THEE journal for the writing.

Mabel is a bit more flashier by comparasion and sa its been shown, she likes alot of artsy and cutsey stuff. I used glitter for her name, and for the BG I painted a watercolour wash and scanned it in. I love how the pinks and purples mesh together on it. Fo the gems, stickers and crayons I took some photographs, then cut them out in photoshop, the messed around with the levels and contrast to clean them up a bit.

This took me a fair bit of time but I do belive the conclusion is pretty awesome ^^ I feel good to have finished it. I woudlent mind doing a bit more mixed media in my art.

A main character in one of my story ideas. A fairy tale type fantasy

Heres what I have so far in mind for the story.

A young girl as pure and innocent as her name, Lilyanna is a maiden who's lived most of her life happily in a her small cottage in the forests, in the land known as "Faraway".

In another part of the kingdom, a powerful sorcerer King has grown listless. There is nothing that gives him joy or pleasure any longer. But one day, hears the most beauitful singing while in his tower. And using his magic eyes, which can see anywhere across the land, no matter how far, come across the singer in question, Lilyanna.

Immediatlyy bewitched by her loveliness he is determined to make her his Queen. However, Lilyanna of course is not about to marry a complete stranger and makes several attempts to escape.

So the King strikes uo a bargain, prefering a willing bride. He will allow Lilyanna to leave and make her way home to the forests. Given the distance between her cottage and his kingdom, this could take months, if she is lucky. And during that time he will do all he can to woo her and have her agree to the marriage, even the use of magic. If she suceeds in getting home though, he promises to stop pursuieng her.

Like alot of my works, it still has alot of rough egdes and plot holes to be filled, but if everything came to you instantly what woudl be the piont in even doing it? Hope to develop this story further.

Another bit of fanart, this time its the TMNT boys! The diffrence in this redraw really stands out a of course, there human in this picture as opposed to there normal selves.

This scene is from the 2012 remake, the boys first discovering pizza, staring over it and not knowing what it is. Raph and Donnie's expressions came out best I think

Im more familiar with original cartoon, growing up with that as a kid, and the CGI 2007 movie, but Im curious to look into this latest remake, given some clips Ive seen on youtube. Doesent seem half bad. Anyway, I liked this scene so, thats why I drew it.

One thing I like about how the series has changed over the years? The boys have devoloped alot more personality to the original cartoon. Raph's the hot head, Mikeys the goofball, etc.

I would like draw more more of this fandom in the furture when the chance comes.

Merry Xmas all!  :santa:

Offline Wigdilly

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2014, 01:40:20 PM »
Ok, so at first I kind of thought the eyes are too far apart and proportions are off etc. Despite this it's consistent throughout your artwork and it's always very clean and well done.

Despite my first impressions I really like this style because it's pretty original and easy to pick out. The first time I saw your style was on your manga in the members manga section, I hadn't actually seen your gallery yet, but I knew it was yours the second i opened it and saw the art (i didnt look at your name when looking at the manga)

So yeah keep it up, your style is strange but very unique and fits the theme of your manga.