November 21, 2018, 05:06:26 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Stardustpink Art  (Read 17805 times)

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
Re: Stardustpink Art
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2016, 02:35:07 PM »
Looking at your art, it seems you have really improved on drawing hands but I noticed you kind of avoid feet in half of your drawings.

Ah thats good, thank you. I suppose your right on the latter. Admittedly legs are harder to draw, at least I think, than arms. I guess cuz there more shapely

Offline suuper-san

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2016, 01:46:11 PM »
lovely as always, i love the 3 girls one and the guitar one, although on the guitar one, i think the blue haired one is too far low, like she is not only going through the other character but through the floor as well. if she is meant to be younger then its almost better, but its hard to tell because the proportions of both characters are similarish.
good work, and well done on drawing so much in a short space of time :P

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2016, 05:30:35 PM »
lovely as always, i love the 3 girls one and the guitar one, although on the guitar one, i think the blue haired one is too far low, like she is not only going through the other character but through the floor as well. if she is meant to be younger then its almost better, but its hard to tell because the proportions of both characters are similarish.
good work, and well done on drawing so much in a short space of time :P

^^' Well to be fair on getting so much in such a short space of time, its just that Ive had a lot going on and did a bunch at a time working on various projects? Some of these were in limbo for quite awhile. And recently I just decided to finish them off completey. Since most were close to completion it didn't take long, hench why it seems like Ive suddenly done them all now.

The three girls in there pajamas?

The guitar one, had alot of truble with that one admittedly, getting the poses correct and such. It was difficult making Yuki(thats the blue haired girl) fit in Marikos lap. She is 8, Mariko 13 so yeah, she would be quite a bit smaller, but it was hard getting the anatmy right. Wouldve been harder if I kept in her usual hat, would've covered Marikos face

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2016, 11:53:49 AM »
yes the pajamas one, i wasnt sure if they were pajamas or not lol

its just that Ive had a lot going on and did a bunch at a time working on various projects? Some of these were in limbo for quite awhile. And recently I just decided to finish them off completey. Since most were close to completion it didn't take long, hench why it seems like Ive suddenly done them all now.
ahhh, well in that case well done on finishing up a bunch of older stuff. having half open projects can be a real pain, so it feels great when you finish them off :P

yeah drawing hard poses can often fail the first few times we try, i know mine dont even make it to a final drawing most of the time. practice and you will be able to draw a larger range of complex poses, even involving 2 or more people :P

Offline Upliftcomix

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2016, 05:59:18 AM »
AWww cuteness overload! :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: It's like if chibis had babies with my little ponies!  :heart: :heart: I like how cute/sweet your work is. The consistency in quality is very nice and shows good practice. ^^
"Step three: Profit!" -Underpants Gnomes

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2016, 02:06:07 PM »

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2016, 10:52:09 AM »

The residents of the village "Grimbrooke" Most of the main cast are based on characters from Grimm's fairy tales, with one or two Anderson. Though I'm not sure what "Tom Thumb" and "Beauty and the Beast" are. I dont believe there either, the latter is a french story I've heard. I remember reading a story very similar though in a book of Grimm's called "The Lady and the Lion"

The cast members are from some of the best known fairy tales, with there own twists in there backstories and differences to there origins.

This was a little project I wanted to do with the G1 MLP ^^ Took me awhile but I finished it, and that felt good.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2016, 05:42:12 PM »

Dario and Tayanna dressed like Italian nobles. I think Tayanna looks especially beautiful and exotic in the garb of the upperclass of the time. I plan to do another picture of the two dressed in clothing of her kind. Dario is Italian, Tayanna Aztec.

Silvia free fallin down the side of a glass building, her normal form reflected. I imagine she just transformed while doing this (I reckon her suit grants her flight abilities along with her agility, strength and energy attacks).

I would love to use this as a comic cover. The first script of "Cosmic Thief Silvia" is actually complete. A bit more design work and getting up the guts, I would like to get started on her soon. In fact Im very excited about this project. Magical girl, sci fi, and slightly darker compared to much of my other works. To quote:

Silvia: The main character, she is a young girl from the planet "Eternus" who loves music and to sing. Her dream somewhat comes true when she is contacted by Prince Satoru, one of the monarchs of her home planet. Armed with a plan to bring down the corrupt head of the "Galactic Police Force", transforming cellphones and a front as the popular girl band "The Silver Twlights", Silvia and friends aim to fight for justice. "Cosmic Thief Silvia" he is passionate regarding music, and artists she enjoys in particular are "Lady Gaga" "Madonna" and "Queen".

Mariko: From the planet "Cyrus", Mariko is a tough, firecracker of a biker girl. Abandoned outside the back alley of a bar as a baby, she was brought up by the taverness who found her, acting as her foster mother. Growing up in such an environment around so many men is what gave her such a tomboyish attitude. Her alter ego is "Galactic Girl OJ" and she plays electric guitar in there band. Her musical tastes include "Aerosmith" and "The Ramones".

Kogane: A quiet soft spoken girl from the planet "Blissa", shes the bands keyboardist and "Galactic Girl Indigo". She spent alot of her time in the church and was part of the choir. The teams peacemaker and often the most levelheaded of the group. She wears a gold crucifix around her neck that belong to her mother and grandmother. She likes "Celtic Women" and "The Beatles"

Rika: From the planet "Lantis", she originally created the phones that transform them, but never dreamt she'd be one of the users herself. She is considered a child prodigy and her IQ is amazingly high. "Starflight Industries" is the top scientific company in space, that was built from the ground up by her late father. When she turns 16 the company will officially be turned over to her, but she still handles production, orders and construction behind the scenes. Shes "Galactic Girl Scarlet" and the teams drummer. She loves techno music, her fave bands being "Owl City" and "Daft Punk"

Yuki: An 8 year old orphan and the youngest of the team, she was in a car accidnet with her family years ago. Her parents died instantly, while she survived, coming to live at "Lost Stars" orphanage before becoming part of the time. Also from "Blissa", she is "Galactic Girl Cerulean" and plays bass guitar she is a very sweet little girl. She is very close with Kogane who volunteered at the orphanage, seeing her as a second mother, and Mariko, who fits the cool older sister category.  She likes cutesy JP and DDR music.

Satoru: Prince of the Eternian Royal family, it is him who formulated this plan to bring down the Head of the Police force, who has a number of blood and crime on his hands, and any number of people in his pocket. In his position of power he is able to manipulate things as he likes, and while part of any evil doings, whether then be drug running, gun smuggling, slavery, all sorts of terrible crimes, is in such a position he has managed to always keep his name out of it, too slick to get caught. Witness's disappear, patsies take the heat, etc. Where traditional and polictical methods have failed, Satoru decides to go a diffrent route. Together with Rika, a longtime childhood friend and the Royal Family often doing buisness with Starflight, they created the supersuits that give the girls there powers and alter identities, aswell as the cellphones that allow them to transform. He acts as the girls manager, there cover as a band allowing them to travel easily through space customs without suspicion. Despite acting flamboyant and frankly crazy at times XP Satoru is a highly intelligent young man. He thinks the world of Silvia almost immediately and is openly infatuated with her(which frankly tends to drive her crazy as it is difficult to get him to act serious).

Thats the basics on the story and main characters to appear. I'd really appreciate some feedback on this idea in general I spose, as I reckon I will start on it very soon. By the end of the year ideally if not sooner
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 05:57:34 PM by stardustpink »

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2016, 05:20:07 AM »
nice poses on the MLP collection!
i like the falling one, and i like the hairstyles on the girl band :P

i like the basic story concept, its sort of generic, but not necessarily bad of course. i think the characters have a very wide range of backgrounds which gives them very different personalities, which is good if you can portray that well in the story, it will make ti interesting. i think i would look forward to seeing this story :)

oh by the way, how do you get such neat linearts? ive had a bit of trouble recently trying to clean up my artworks, and i wondered how you did yours, since they are always so neat :P
do you use a tablet and just draw carefully, or paths/vectors and move into position?

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2016, 04:35:14 AM »
nice poses on the MLP collection!
i like the falling one, and i like the hairstyles on the girl band :P

i like the basic story concept, its sort of generic, but not necessarily bad of course. i think the characters have a very wide range of backgrounds which gives them very different personalities, which is good if you can portray that well in the story, it will make ti interesting. i think i would look forward to seeing this story :)

oh by the way, how do you get such neat linearts? ive had a bit of trouble recently trying to clean up my artworks, and i wondered how you did yours, since they are always so neat :P
do you use a tablet and just draw carefully, or paths/vectors and move into position?

Well with my most recent art, yes, a tablet. A cintiq to be precise which is alot easier than a regular tablet(especially on my neck). I like seeing what Im drawing so this is a real life saver. Ages ago I used the pen tool, but that took ages and is admttedly bad for the wrist, to use constantly?

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2016, 04:43:58 AM »

If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Want to change the world?
There's nothing to it

There is no
Life I know
To compare with pure imagination
Living there
You'll be free
If you truly wish to be

Theres a few songs I think rather suit Araminta, her in particular that is, and have inspired some drawings. This is one of them. This was partly when I heard Gene Wilder, aka Willy Wonka, had passed on. I wouldve mayby like to have gotten it done sooner as a kind of tribute but art takes time. Im amazed really how some arists can make amazing art in honour or deceased actors in a short amount of time. This took quite awhile but I think the end result was worth it.

The canon couples of "Lil Red". and in some cases, the original fairy tales they come from. With this image I wanted to create an artificial watercolour effect, do summin diffrent with the colouring. And I think it turned out rather well.

Leighanna and Beast: Leighanna runs a flourist called "The Enchanted Rose", with the help of Beast. Unlike the original story Beast isent cursed, this is his true appearence. As a result some people are scared of him, but most look past the surface. Despite his looks hes a gentle soul, and his looks dont bother Leighanna in the least.

Francesca and Victor: Based on "The Princess and the Frog". Francesca is the daughter of nobility, and a very curious young women. She always has her head in a book, always wanting to learn. Her father encourages her, but other nobles of the court mock her and consider her an oddball, especially the other vapid empty headed ladies. Victor WAS the son of a noblemen who was cursed into his frog form, living in a pond. Francesca went out of her way to talk to him one day, not the least bit afraid. They became good friends and evenutally loves. Unfortuanlty a kiss wont break the curse like in some stories, they have tried, but she'll still love him even if he remains a frog. In this case I wanted to show its the person that matters, not there form.

Kari and Gavin: Based on "The Little Mermaid". Gavin is a sailor who came across Kari washed up on the shore after a storm. Taking her home and caring for her untill she was well, they grew close in that time. She lives in a very roomy tank in his home and he does everything to make her comfotrbale. Unlike the original story the male is not a prince, nor does Kari change into sea foam or give up her vioce for legs.

Tom Thumb and Thumbelina: Both little people born in the flowers, Thumbelina was found all alone as a baby by a human women. Unable to find her real parents she raised the tiny child as her Mother. When becoming a young lady herself Thumbelina wanted to see the world, so on the back of a bird, moved to Grimbrooke. She keeps in touch with her mother via letters. Tom was already living in a tiny house in the local gardens, where he is keeper, and invited Thumbelina to live with him. The rest is history

Offline Daisetsu-bushido

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2016, 05:50:03 PM »
You sure have a lot of drawings :).
They all give a nice cheerful feeling. Most of them look kinda similar when it comes to the art style but I think their strongest trait is the coloring -very vibrant and lively. I especially like the effects you're adding for the backgrounds - they're very nicely done :).

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2016, 10:27:50 AM »
Those are pretty expressive drawings there stardust. It looks like you really have your own style going for you here. Keep at it!

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2016, 02:07:55 PM »
Bit of a big art dump this time. Been working hard recently so theres quite a bit, including some srtuff appropriate for Halloween.

This one in partic was naturally drawn for the Holiday, and it took FOREVER. Seriously, this nearly killed me, by the end I was a wreck. All these little detials. Funny enough I had to draw this on a bigger area just to get the effect I wanted(usually I just need A4). This time I used A2, scanned and sorta peiced the sketch together in photoshop. From there on I inked and coloured.

Heres some others.

Thorn Oakly. A British girl of Irish heritage, her mother and grandparents immigrating to England years ago. Her mother Saorise died when she was a little girl, most likely in a car accident, and Thorn inherits her painting talents from her.

She goes to boarding school despite the fact her home is mayby 15-30 minutes away. Shes on a scholarship, partly wanting to make things easier on her grandparents(good eductaion and free room and board makes it simplier), and tends to keep her troubles to herself. But she does stay with them on weekends and holidays.

Living an ordinary enough life, this all changes when she comes across the great mysterious sorceror, Elban, along with some of his students...

The Silvia girls a little older. The oldest girls are 18, while little Yuki is 13 by then. I think they all look pretty good.

Happy Halloween!

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2017, 09:06:32 AM »