September 24, 2018, 06:18:50 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: MK's gallery  (Read 3433 times)

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
Re: MK's gallery
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2018, 11:39:27 PM »
@everyone
Thanks for all the comments and advice.  Here is an update on some of what I've been drawing
Spoiler
I still need to blend the lines behind the lightsource (portal)

This one is getting close to finished

@suupertramp
I have been trying to separate the hair strands with these sketches.  Sadly I can't show any of my traditional pieces because my phone camera is broken (I have a few pages of just drawing hair in there).
my attempts at hair

This one I drew some metal too.  I think i have the idea of how to draw it but maybe too many deep cuts in the shoulder pad?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 11:42:20 PM by MK »

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2018, 08:22:33 AM »
Very nice texture on the metal

Facebook       Patreon

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2018, 01:08:45 PM »
snazzy textures!
I thought the red parts was more gem-like than metal though. maybe the red colouring threw me off a little. either way very nice looks and looks very realistic with the shading. pretty good shading technique on the blob on the right as well, actually :P
the surround for the gems (thats what I've decided they are) did indeed look metallic, perhaps that what you meant in the first place lol. I think the cuts are fine. if anything, considering its armour, you could get away with a lot more battle cuts, and even deeper, as they are not too visible at a glance anyway. for shiny metal, dont forget to use a nice light flash, or some white streaks to make it look more real. even battered metal can be quite reflective, just not smoothly.