November 18, 2017, 04:27:59 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Stardustpink Art  (Read 11045 times)

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
Stardustpink Art
« on: March 03, 2014, 04:49:59 PM »
Hey everyone ^^ Just wanted to post some of my pictures again. Ive been drawing almost non stop these days, and over the years, have drawn quite a lot. So I thought itd be nice to show it.

A lot of these are original characters,while others are based on already existing stories(Alice in wonderland, Wizard of OZ, etc), so there more twists on the original literature than completely my own. I cnat say there totally my own in any case. There also some parodys amongst the lot, mostly Disney.

I am aware some of them look a bit funny looking back, espeiclaly the anatomy XD But even if I notice such an issue I cant bare to throw an old drawing away. If I did Id soon have nuttin left.

PS, sorry if any images get cut, I dunno how to quiete fix it.

Post Merge: March 03, 2014, 05:25:26 PM

Post Merge: March 03, 2014, 05:25:20 PM
If the top image is inappropriate, I shall remove it. I don't wish to offend anyone

Post Merge: March 03, 2014, 05:25:14 PM

Post Merge: March 03, 2014, 05:25:08 PM

« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 10:13:12 AM by stardustpink »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Art Dump
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 05:04:40 PM »
Please keep your art in one topic. Thank you

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 05:05:55 PM »
Oh Im sorry ^^; Alright, I'll keep that in mind for the future

Post Merge: March 03, 2014, 05:24:51 PM

That's the last of em XD Thank gawd
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 05:24:51 PM by legomaestro »

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Chau-chau!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 07:44:59 PM »
Oh my this is a quite a number! Are they in order? Some nice and colourful pieces. XD
Have you ever drawn with just plain paper and pencil? What did you learn to draw from?
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.

My DA Account -> http://neysun.deviantart.com

Offline Agent.Knopf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 06:25:03 AM »
Hi there and welcome to MR :)

This is what I noticed:

1. Very bright, flat colors
2. You need to work on your anatomy - arms are too big, hands are too big feet and legs are too big, faces are not in perspective and anatomically unstable and the eyes are way too big. The proportions between size of legs/arms/hands/feet in relation to the body are quite off.

I'd recommend some basic anatomy studies including gestures so you can make your poses more dynamic/natural and get the relations between the body parts right.

I did like the Coral (from Coraline) pic :3 and I do like, that you don't shy away from doing backgrounds - keep practicing those and try to improve on your anatomical foundation - I am looking forward to seeing your progress :3

Best of luck & keep at it,
Knopf
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:56:15 AM by Agent.Knopf »

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 06:35:22 PM »
Oh my this is a quite a number! Are they in order? Some nice and colourful pieces. XD
Have you ever drawn with just plain paper and pencil? What did you learn to draw from?

Sbout two years wroth of drawings here. I had given myself a goal of 100 pictures so I could build up my portfolio. Well in alphabetical order, as I was just easier to do it that way with imageshack. As a mater of fact that's what I do ^^ I draw by hand with paper and pencils first, scan in and do the inking and colouring via photoshop. Im mostly self taught with a few things Ive learnt from the internet, tutorials, etc.

Hi there and welcome to MR :)

This is what I noticed:

1. Very bright, flat colors
2. You need to work on your anatomy - arms are too big, hands are too big feet and legs are too big, faces are not in perspective and anatomically unstable and the eyes are way too big. The proportions between size of legs/arms/hands/feet in relation to the body are quite off.

I'd recommend some basic anatomy studies including gestures so you can make your poses more dynamic/natural and get the relations between the body parts right.

I did like the Coral (from Coraline) pic :3 and I do like, that you don't shy away from doing backgrounds - keep practicing those and try to improve on your anatomical foundation - I am looking forward to seeing your progress :3

Best of luck & keep at it,
Knopf

Yeah anatomy is one of my biggest problems, especially looking back at some of my early stuff. Some of the arms are ridiculously long Ive noticed amongst other things. I often try and look at my own body these days for anatomy, like where the hands should finish or might look like in certain poses. Sometimes I look at stock images for the same reason.

Thank you ^^ Coral is an original charcter of mine, so, I thought that would make a nice parody.I always try to put in some nice backgrounds when I can but its one of the more difficult parts of drawing I find.

I will indeed keep trying. I know Ive got a long way to go, but I'll keep on drawing and hopefully improve. I try and draw a little every day.

Thanks for the tips and the words of encouragement, tis most appricated. ^^

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
Re: Stardust Art
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 04:13:07 AM »
Im a big fan of Junko Mizuno. Her cutesy yet unsual style. So, I took a hand at drawing two of my own characters in her style.

The first is a Princess character of mine named Gisel, while the second is Alice from a manga interpretation of Alice in wonderland I have in mind.

Im also very much into fantasy. Fairy tales, classic children's literature, (Peter pan, Huck Finn) etc. I hope to someday do some manga adaptions of my favourite stories. These pictures are based on those. Some of them are older than others so, no as good I admit ^^;

A Little Princess

The Jungle Book

Peter Pan

Huck Finn, Tom Saywer

Pippi Longstocking

Robin Hood

Group Picture

Thumbelina

Offline Rojas

• Stay Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 12:39:04 PM »
Hey there that is a lot of art and gosh it looks nice.

I will say overall you have a good base idea of anatomy what not. Though sometimes the eyes are too far apart or too big on some of them. Also the legs seem to be like 2/3 of some people. Draw guidelines/outlines of people without the clothing and try to match the anatomy there. It does help a lot to know how long people are. Use references if ever in doubt and try your best. I really like your work it's pretty good, you just need to master it more is all. Practice doesn't make perfect, but perfect practice makes perfect.
I hate you ^_^

Offline Zelina

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 07:11:44 AM »
I really like your most recent pictures, and especially the way you draw animals, they are so cute!

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 11:39:04 AM »
Im a big fan of the Chaotix crew from Sonic the Hedgehog. I first got introduced to the characters via Sonic Heroes. I know the game gets a lot of negative views, btu I don't get why ^^' I happen to think its pretty fun. But I guess everyone has there own opinions. So Im drawing some images based on them, in human form as I just like doing that. Some are based on levels are enjoyed playing in the game. In this case, Bingo Highway.

I experimented with neon effects in this picture and used a bunch of screenshots for reference. Its probably not perfect but nice to try summin new. Took me quiete some time to finish and a lot of layers but a nice end result I think.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 10:55:02 AM »
PHEW!! Feels like forever since I've gotten anything actually finished. I've started enough, that's for sure, but been a bit busy recently so haven't really had a chance to work on anything. Ive been on a short college course up in the London from april 7th till the 11th, and each day is pretty long plus travel. So by the time id get home Id be exhausted. Hopefully I'll be able to do some more work like I intended.

The first two images are from a short series of pictures I'm planning. As a child I grew up on the G1 my little pony, always renting it from the video shop. I grew up on a lot of retro cartoons this way

Its meant to be a series of images of the original ponies in more humanly forms. I plan to draw all my faves in this style. Just something I wanted to do, thought it'd be a lil different, and its a good way to practice anatomy in any case. The first in this little series is Wind Whistler and Heart Throb.

The last image is my take on Glinda, of Wizard of Oz fame. Sorry its not alot ^^; But I just haven't had the time to draw lately. Still I hope its liked.

PS, sorry for the direct linking, but I recently started putting my images on Deviantart, but I dunno how to embed them in posts like my former images. If anyone knows how, please lemme know and I'll fix em up. Would be most grateful

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:03:22 AM by stardust121 »

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 11:08:06 AM »
right click the images and look for the option that says "copy image URL" . paste the image and you will be able to put them here
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline Gaff

• Space Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 06:12:18 PM »
Just a general thought, but is there any particular reason you're placing your figures on such large backgrounds?  If you're working zoomed in, it's probably not so noticeable, but when you see the images as a whole, very often the characters seem a bit lost due to their small size.

Offline semblare

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 07:04:32 PM »
I love the chibis, like the 4th one down on the first post. Your style really suits those.

As to the over sized eyes comment, you could probably get away with keeping that actually. Its a stylistic thing.  I think the problem isn't that they're large, it's that they're in general, too far apart.

And as for hands and feet, try paying more attention to wrists and ankles, they get much narrower than you're drawing them.

My favorite as far as anatomy books go is Andrew Loomis's figure drawing book

Offline Daisetsu-bushido

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 03:28:18 AM »
About the eyes - try to make them in different shapes to make your characters more individual, because right now the look like clones but with different hairstyles and clothing.
But I like the colors - they're very lively.
And try to add some shading to make them more natural.

Keep it up :)