March 29, 2024, 02:20:46 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: One-shot pacing  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Ayano Tanaka

• Sheldon is best
    • View Profile
One-shot pacing
« on: February 28, 2014, 07:24:26 PM »
What is the best way to pace a one-shot manga? I could really use the help :notunderstand:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:17:22 AM by Ayano Tanaka »
I'm a fool...but I'm nobody's fool!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: One-shot pacing
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 02:50:10 PM »
Well how many one shots have you actually read? You should try them out. Count how many pages it takes to introduce the main characters. How many pages it takes to develop the story and finally how many pages for the final conflict (e.g a fight scene). Then see how many pages for the conclusion after the conflict. Do this with 3 one shots and you could have a rough idea on how to do things. One Piece, Bleach, and naruto all have one shots you could look for, or you could try out completely different one shots.

Offline Ayano Tanaka

• Sheldon is best
    • View Profile
Re: One-shot pacing
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 02:55:52 PM »
Well how many one shots have you actually read? You should try them out. Count how many pages it takes to introduce the main characters. How many pages it takes to develop the story and finally how many pages for the final conflict (e.g a fight scene). Then see how many pages for the conclusion after the conflict. Do this with 3 one shots and you could have a rough idea on how to do things. One Piece, Bleach, and naruto all have one shots you could look for, or you could try out completely different one shots.
Quote from: Ayano  Tanaka
I read the nisekoi one...It was good, but the series is better
I'm a fool...but I'm nobody's fool!