September 21, 2019, 03:34:40 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Solutions To Artist Block/Writers Block  (Read 396 times)

Offline Ayano Tanaka

• Sheldon is best
    • View Profile
Solutions To Artist Block/Writers Block
« on: March 01, 2014, 10:43:53 AM »
With this post, I'd like to see how other people deal with artists block/writers block.
When I get artists block, I first watch some manga art tutorials on youtube, then a speed painting or time-lapse video. THEN I open my Naruto art book and think about how Kishimoto drew and colored all of these with his hands, on a piece of paper. I go to my desk and draw something small, then I get my creative integrity back! And that's how I get rid of artists block :angel: :thumbsup:
I'm a fool...but I'm nobody's fool!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Solutions To Artist Block/Writers Block
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 11:11:15 AM »
Well, my usual tactic is to wait it out. Mostly since I feel that if I'm not writing at 100% I'll just be having to rewrite whatever I put down later anyways. But sometimes I'll just run through a bunch of little stories. Just coming up with a handful of chapters. Makes the juices flow a little whether they want to or not. doesn't necessarily get me out of the block, but it does keep the skills from rusting too bad.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Solutions To Artist Block/Writers Block
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 03:06:01 PM »
I'm actually going for keep writing and never stop because my wait it outs tend not to turn out well. I've been going at a 1000 words a day for the past 2 weeks. It gets nasty sometimes and sometimes I cop out and just do stream of consciousness writing, but i've made some progress on dead and gone works, and I hope to make a lot more if I push myself