March 29, 2024, 07:22:46 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Heavy Rayne Manga sidenotes, Character info, general discussion  (Read 31315 times)

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
Re: Heavy Rayne Manga sidenotes, Character info, general discussion
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2014, 10:15:57 AM »
                Haha, well it help's me to create a story when I have a full understanding of how the world it is set in works.
                 While every Agent has their Soul Power awakened, not all use Magic. One of my favourite Characters doesn't use Magic at all, he simply condenses his Soul power into his hands and Feet and kicks ass!       

And yeah,  It has helped to clean up my thread immensely. Hell, it helps me when I go and check on chapters, I have to search through. Since I do tend to change some bits from the drafts on my Computer to the scripts I upload so it helps me to find them too. I just need to find a way to organize the side notes and character profiles a bit better  :hmm: Perhaps I'll start a Wiki page :P

(I liked SAO, it gave me a warm feeling inside :P, although the second part with the fairies did drag a little)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2014, 10:35:45 AM »
I do not even want to know haha.

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2014, 05:05:37 PM »
                                                                                                    Lores of Magic

The following is a list of all the Spells that have been used in the Heavy Rayne series. They are catergorzied by Lore.

UNIVERSAL LORES
               The 8 Universal Lores are the original Lores of Magic and the eight basic elements of Magic. All subsidiary Lores have one of these Branches of Magic as it's base. The 8 Universal Lores are what are taught at Academy, with the exception of the Lore of Metal. Celestial Magic is restricted to General Class Agents and Farseer's.

FIRE LORE: The lore of fire is the power to manipulate the Oxygen and flammable gases in the air and heat it using soul power, thus creating fire. It is easily one of the most prominent lores as not only are the spells effective in combat, but it also doesn't require any special needs since the raw materials are present everywhere in the atmosphere. 
Spells
-Burning Barrage: The user fires several small fireballs that explode on impact.
-Fireball: Shoots a fireball from the casters hand.
-Flametongue: Sheathes the object the caster is holding in flames.
-Dragon Gale: The caster fires a large cone of fire from in front of their mouth.

WATER LORE: The lore of Water most commonly manipulates a nearby body of liquid for various effects. To a lesser extent, it can be used to form water from the Hydrogen and Oxygen in the air itself, but the water produced is rarely enough for due to the vast quantity needed for most Water spells. As such, it is one of the least common Lore's in pratice.
Spells
-Aqua Armour: The user creates a suit of water around their body which absorbs blows and defends against prevents sharp objects.
-Bubble Dome: Creates a large dome of water around the caster.
-Cannonball: The user creates a ball of water roughly the size of them then fires it from their hand with extreme force.
-Crashing Wave: Forms a medium sized wave with the sweep of an arm and sends it at the opponent at force.
-Hanging Mist: Casts a mist around the opponent, obscuring movement. It also clears any smoke or ash in the air.
-Poseidon: Two massive waves of water rise from behind the caster and rush forward, crashing into and washing away anything in its path.
-Pressure Cannon: Fires an extremely pressurised jet of water from the casters hand, capable of cutting through steel.

EARTH LORE: The lore of Earth is the power to freely manipulate Earth and Stone. It is the most physical of all the lores, using solid rock as a means of defence or assault. As the earth itself is in abundance and does not require converting, the spell caster uses less energy than one utilising Fire or Water. Its spells are on a large scale and can be used for incredible defences. 
Spells
-Landslide: Sends a tide of mud and loose earth at a chosen target.
-Shockwave: Rocks the ground in the surrounding area.

WIND LORE: The lore of Wind is the power to manipulate the air itself through the use of soul power, to alter its speed and concentration. Like the Lore of Earth, since Air is literally everywhere and does not require converting, this lore uses less energy than fire and water lores. However, it does take a considerable amount of Soul power to control a large amount of wind and to spin it at high speeds. The two main types of attack is to either condense enough wind so that it can cut a target, or use the overwhelming force of high speed gales to pulverise the foe.
Spells
-Aerosphere: Creates a spherical barrier of wind moving at high speeds around the user.

LIGHTNING LORE: The Lore of lightning is the power over Electricity generated through the use of charged soul power. The user supercharges particles of soul power until they conduct static electricity, this is then amplified even further to the point that the user is wielding sizeable amounts of electricity. Another way to utilise this lore is to manipulate the atmosphere in such a way that it produces its own lightning, through which the caster holds dominion over with their soul power. This natural lightning is far more potent, but requires a far larger amount of soul power since the user must reach the very clouds with it.
Spells
-Lightning Spiral: Casts a coiling bolt of lightning from the casters hand, similar to a corkscrew that can bore through objects.
-Rolling Thunder: Several bolts of lightning thrash across the ground from the casters outstretched hands towards the target.
-Thundershot: fires a charge of electricity from the users hand.

METAL LORE: More commonly referred to as Alchemy, the lore of metal is the power to manipulate the shape, temperature, density and even the chemical base of any metallic substance in the vicinity of the caster.
Spells
-Rule Of Reconstruction: Allows the user to reshape any metal they come into contact with, allowing them to weaken or strengthen metallic objects at will. 

SHADOW LORE: The Lore of Shadow's is the ability to give Shadows form via soul power and thus control these shadows through various spells. This Lore is useful for concealment or surprise attacks and is favoured commonly by the Hidden Op's of Academy.

CELESTIAL LORE: The Celestial Lore, sometimes referred to as the Lore of Heavens or Astral Lore, is the power to manipulate and draw in objects, Meteorites and matter beyond the earth itself, as well as the ability to mold cosmic radiation and manipulate Gravity. This is by far the most potent lore and is reserved to only the most skilled magicians, since a single spell from this lore has the potential to cause a global catastrophe.

SUBSIDIARY LORES
                These are the Lores that are derived from the eight base Lores of Magic. The vast majority of these are also taught at Academy, but this is usually only the Agent shows a promise in a particular type of Magic, then they are taught it's Derivative Lores. 

NATURE LORE: The Lore of Nature allows the user to manipulate organic life with Soul power, such as tree's, plants and Fungi. It is derived from the Lore of Earth. Although an Lore geared towards agriculture, it has it's uses in battle, such as accelerating the growth of plants and tree's for concealment, or turning the heavy branches of a tree into deadly weapons.

ICE LORE: The Lore of Ice is a subsidiary Lore, derived from the Lore of Water. It involves freezing and manipulating water molecules as a means of attack or defence. Similar to the Lore of Water, it depends on a pre-existing body of liquid to be present, since only minimal Ice could be made from the immediate atmosphere.

SOUND LORE: The Lore of Sound is a Subsidiary Lore, derived from the Lore of Wind. Instead of spinning or pushing the air around them, the user vibrates it instead, causing shockwaves. The user can use these shockwaves for attacks, but can also produce sounds to deafen foes or disrupt their balance.

LOTUS LORE: The Lore of Lotus is a rare magic, with the sole practitioners of this Lore being the Kuya Clan. It is not taught by Academy and is not recognised by the High Mage Court as one of the Universal Lores. It involves the use of specially cultivated seedlings, imbued with magic during their growth to reproduce a certain effect when a spell is invoked. Some believe it was derived from the Lore of Nature although this is merely speculation.

FORBIDDEN LORES
                  Forbidden Lores are one's that have been banned and any documents relating to the teaching of such Magic have been seized by the High Mage Court. As such, not too much is known about these lores. The two main types of spell's that are said to be forbidden are those that are considered evil, or those that violate the laws of Nature and physics. Whether such Lores truly exist is unknown. 

BLOOD LORE: A forbidden Lore, it is a crime to use or learn such Magic. It is also referred to as Ritual Magic, as some believe that the user sacrifices a set amount of blood in exchange for a demon's ability. Although, most in the modern era believe this to be false, it is still a very dangerous Lore, with many who used it in the past having succumbed to madness, leading it to be banned.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 02:03:10 PM by Vacant »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2014, 09:48:22 AM »
I am going to learn all the lores and become OP.

Nature Lore has potential to be quite terrifying. What if you just directly manipulate a human's organic material? Fufufufu....

What's the general scale of Poseidon? Could you reveal how many have learnt it?

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2014, 02:30:20 PM »
Go for it dude, become a master and rule the world!

Hmm, I was playing with the idea of the Lore of Nature being able to control a person's organic tissue, but in the end I decided against it, since there is a Villain who possesses a similar kind of ability coming up in the distant future.

I thought I'd start sorting the Lores of Magic and will add the spell's as and when they appear in the chapters.
There are several more Lore's to add, but I'm debating whether to wait till they debut as well :P

The spells are all sorted in levels from 1-5. 5 being non-lethal, auxiliary spells, while a Level 1 spell is capable of incredible devastation. Posiedon is a level two spell. Level two spells are normally restricted to those who are at least a Major and are normally rare amongst even them. Water Lore spells are rare amongst any magic wielders as they usually depend on having a body of water near them. 

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2014, 07:44:15 AM »
                                                                                Technology in Heavy Rayne

The general level of technology that exists in the Heavy Rayne Universe is far more advanced than modern machinery and science. However, the spread of such advanced tech is not even throughout the nations. The two most Scientifically advanced Nations are Aristas and Celdia. Aristas sells its tech to any and all buyers and are the number one manufacturers of everything from household appliances to weaponry. Celdia on the other hand mostly keep their technology to themselves and are responsible for many inventions such as Airships, Plasma Generators and Bionics to name but a few. They do however share Technology with Nomia, as part as a pact between the two. Nearly every town and city has access to modern electricity and running water.

GENERAL TECHNOLOGY:

-Shuttlerail: The Shuttlerails revolutionised travel for those on the Mainland when they were introduced 120 years ago. The Shuttlerails are high speed trains that connect each city to one another and are so efficent, they have become far more popular than the use of Motor cars to travel. Major cities also have Shuttlerails that run internally within the city as well.

-Airships: Modern Airships were an Invention that came from Celdia, after they perfected the Plasma Engine. Although older versions of Airships existed, they relied on incredible amounts of fossil fuel for flight and were slow. With the far more efficient Plasma Engines, these new Airships were safer, faster and easier to control. Celdia gifted several Airships to Academy while Bellesim paid for a fleet of their own. Aristas eventually managed to obtain limited knowledge of the Plasma Engine during the last great war and this led to them creating their own ships. The design's vary from ship to ship, some are defined as non-combative cruisers, to some being floating weapon batteries.

Plasma Energy: Roughly 80 years ago, Celdia discovered a way to harness Plasma and extract it's energy while using little to no Fossil fuels, it is a closely guarded secret and not much is known about the process. However, Celdia has shared it's technology under the improvisation that they run and maintain the Plasma Power Plants in the cities of the Nations who have paid for this tech. Plasma technology is far more efficient than previous means of energy and has made fossil fuels mostly redundant.

ACADEMY TECHNOLOGY: The following technology is either used exclusively by the Academy or was innovated by their Science and Technology department.

-Insig: The Insig. is a portable device similar to a mobile smart phone. However, instead it is a transparent piece of glass with a metal rim. When switched on, text and images appear on the screen. It can also project 3D holographic images as well. It also serves as an Agent's ID, since it is carries their information. They are very useful in that they can be used for communication, Recording images, generating Maps, pulling up information and numerous other tasks. When linked to a larger Communication array, it also allows the Agent to have long distance "Holocalls" which are Video calls via projected holograms.

-Synthetic Antidotes and Vaccines: Academy is the world leader in medical technology and cures for ailments and diseases. This combined with their use of Healing Arts, leads to the incredible vitality of the Nomian people. By studying diseases, viruses and other illnesses, Academy scientists were able to artificially grow antibodies to cure various ailments. This extends to Anti-venoms as well, making small portable cures that Agents can carry with them during missions. It is worth noting that although created in Academy, once a cure is found for any major disease, Academy will notify all Nations and freely distributes this to the rest of the world.                                                                        

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2014, 06:51:39 PM »
Phew, that's chapter 18 done and Posted! I want to start work on chapter 19, but alas an early night it is for me :(

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2014, 08:57:45 PM »

Skimmed through a lot but only spotted this. Can't say for sure if there are other errors

Panel 1: *Kai nods*
             Kai: "He is unusual, this is all of the record of course Captain Urien"           
* Off

Anyways, that was an interesting three chapters, really appreciated the glance at the other participants, and more on Kai's past. I was surprised at his direct interrogation of Shio on his abilities, and I'm wondering if he really conjures water from the atmosphere. Wouldn't the air feel amazingly dry then? It seems so expertly done so as not to affect the surroundings, youd' think  such a spell would steal even moisture from human bodies... But that's just me being grim again.

I wish I noted down my thoughts as I read through, but in any case I enjoyed what I saw. There are some pretty interesting sights.

The mention of planets, and the presence of a camera were a bit jarring for me, but now I'm accepting that this is a sort of science fantasy.

I have a suspicion that Ferals are part of The Big Plot. Doesn't seem like a normal sort of problem to have in any case. I wonder if it's crazily connected to Shio's situation?

It feels like Chapter 17 is the start of a new arc. I wish there was a bit more of a wind-down time from Chapter 16, but I guess it's logical since they are on their adventure, in any case the first 15 chapters have been a really fun and enjoyable read.

Like the ideas that I keep on stumbling on here, and looking forward to more action even though you don't necessarily enjoy writing it.

/end rant

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2014, 12:08:07 PM »
                Oh when I feel like I get the Action right, it's a pleasure to write. It's when it doesn't quite click that my shoulders slump :P But in terms of the Arc, we are just coming to the end of the first one. Probably about chapter 21-22 I see this Arc coming to an end.
                 Cheers for reading dude! :)

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2014, 06:10:59 PM »
                                                                                                        Warrior Art's

Although called different names, the practice of these Warrior Arts is basically the same. Simply put, Warrior arts are spells that do not use the lores of magic and are generated entirely through soul power. While magic requires natural resources as well of intimate knowledge of each lore, these spell's do not. This makes them far more varied than magic and more commonplace for warriors without access to the universal lores teachings.

WARRIOR ART'S: This group of spell's are those that are not categorized in any particular group and are generic offensive spell's
Spell's
-White Arrow: The user fires an arrow of white Soul power from their index and middle fingertips.

WARDING ART'S: This group of spells consists of both defensive spells and those that Constrain Targets as well. As such, the spells are diverse and some form of Warding Art's are well known throughout the world
Spell's
-Coiling Invitation: Casts a thread of yellow light that wraps around an object or limb of a target anchoring the caster to them. 
-Snapping Wall:Casts to red rectangles of light that fold into each other to make two halves of a wall.
-Shock Break: Sends streams of light at the opponent which then slam them down to the ground and holds them
-Trapping eye: The user shoots a web of red energy at an enemy from their eyes, binding the foe.

ILLUSION ART'S: These spell's are those that produce an effect to confuse an opponent or to create an illusion and trick the sense's. This can be achieved by any sensory trigger, such as a hand movement, or a certain noise.
Spell's
-Premature Coffin: A visual and touch illusion, causes the target to feel as if the ground has swallowed them up, blocking their vision and restricting their movement for a short time.

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2014, 09:57:11 PM »
And with the completion of Chapter 22, the first Arc is officially finished!!!! :doublethumbs:

With this, I'll be taking a couple of weeks break on this Story to work on some other things, plus the second Arc needs revisiting in terms of pacing so I'll be doing a little tinkering, before I'm happy to release a chapter.

Thanks for reading this far anyway, look forward to the second Arc soon! :)

Comments and feedback always welcome!

Offline Roshiro Byakko

• The Philosopher God
  • That one guy who is always disappearing for months
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2014, 07:05:29 AM »
I read it all! :thumbsup: :dance:

I must say that this was very interesting to read. Gonna have to say Kai is my favorite going into the next arc and Shio's a close second. Really liking the Eliza/Shio dynamic you got going on and I know that Natashia and the Queen will no doubt be a threat to fear.

Just a few spelling errors:
PAGE SIXTEEN CH.22

Panel 1: *We now see inside a cosy looking home. Shio and Artine are sitting inside the living room on plush chairs opposite one another. A fire crackles away in the fireplace*
-cozy

PAGE SIXTEEN CH.21
Panel 5: *He lets go of the rail with one hand and lift's this free hand up*
-his

PAGE TWENTY CH.20

Panel 1: *He stares into her newly awakened eyes*
             Shio: "Eliza, what are you going here?"
-doing

Are all of your arc's going to be this long or are you going to have those monster Bleach-type arcs?

I will definitely read when you post up following chapters. :thumbsup:

P.S.With the Celestial Lore, all I think of is Pain from Naruto and instantly assosciate it with cool characters, though Warrior Arts sound pretty cool as well. I question why Celestial Lore isn't forbidden since you can pretty much destroy who you want, when you want.

Offline Nabe Man

• more daydreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2014, 07:49:24 AM »
I really need to get around reading this. I almost forgot it  :push:   

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2014, 08:28:43 PM »
Cheers dude, appreciate it  :thumbsup: 

Yeah, Kai is good to write, especially his Battles, he has some epic fights coming up! (I think so anyway) :P

To answer your question in depth, the 2nd arc (The Seven Swords Arc) and 3rd Arc (The Two Princesses Arc) will be around this length, about 20-30 chapters in length. However, the 4th arc (The World Peace Festival Arc) is a lot longer, I don't know for certain, but it's going to probably easily exceed 100 chapters. the 5th arc (The Sand and Snow Arc) is about 40-50 I think, where as the 6th Arc (The Aristas Arc) again will be a large one, clocking over 100 chapters roughly. The next six are not set in stone yet, so I can't say, but they will usually be hovering around 50-60 chapters from what  I have for them.

Oh yeah, The Celestial Lore is restricted to only the highest level Mages, although a few auxiliary spells are available to low level Wizards. It's teaching is strictly monitored and knowledge of the Lore is limited. It hasn't debuted in the series yet so it hasn't really been elaborated on. The lores do get explored further in the future.

Offline Roshiro Byakko

• The Philosopher God
  • That one guy who is always disappearing for months
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2014, 08:34:54 PM »
The Seven Swords Arc sounds entertaining and I like how you have the entire series essentially done, it's always good to be a step ahead.

The ideas you have for lore are interesting, I can tell that you are calculating everything. Do you plan to have a timeskip at some point?

I can't wait to read more!