March 29, 2024, 02:32:48 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Hikari's Random Gallery of crappy ideas  (Read 25461 times)

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
Hikari's Random Gallery of crappy ideas
« on: February 17, 2014, 05:33:32 PM »
So this is a gathering of my works. There are others but I’ll post them later along with any other ideas that come to me. Would love some critique, the harsher the better, to help make these series work. Thanks! ^^

Works Catalogue

Series’

EXO - Angels hold supernatural powers so they can maintain order and balance. The archangel is chosen by the being above all others but there was a mutiny. The protagonist lives with his elder brother and must unlock these strange powers to reclaim his throne. Progress: Needs major overhaul

Card Scan - Special cards gained the ability to become real. The company that created the game reveal that they have created a golden card that will grant any wish to its wielder. This turns the world into a barren wasteland as the people rob and murder in order to gain a better chance of finding the treasure. Yui lost her father because of the card, she aims to find it and bring him back to life. Progress: Needs substantial overhaul

Import - An out of luck mangaka finds a hidden room with portals to strange new worlds that resemble those of the works his colleagues claim to have created. Knowing this secret makes him a target, he must travers these manga worlds to survive. Progress: Needs major overhaul

1% - Orphans Mirai and Chiyuki are thrust between a battle between the holy Vatican and the roaming night terrors, the Baku. Chiyuki vanishes after the two are attacked by the dream eaters causing a deep anger to emerge in Mirai. He becomes a member of the Japanese branch of the holy army named Sandman. He is part of their task force giving him ample opportunity to find and free his missing sister. Progress: Chapters 1-3 completed, changes needed however

EWZ - Yamato Yuzuru is a freelance wrestler alongside his childhood friends and sibling students Sakurai Ichiro and Koizumi Hana. They are eventually spotted and given contracts from EWZ, the biggest promotion in the country. But Yuzuru’s past lingers over him like a time bomb slowly ticking away the time he has left being himself. Progress: One shot done, slight changes needed however second chapter ready to be started.

One Shots

Natsu No Kori - In this world the technological singularity rules over humans. It has created a perfect system, chooses everything that the citizens do in order to maintain efficiency. Hotaru is amongst the rebels and aims to restore order to mankind. Progress: Currently working on the base synopsis, trying to find the most intriguing plot.

Sedai Shoku - New inventions are put on the market in order to better the lives of humankind however one is held back, the time machine. The protagonist risks everything to find the parts to the machine, allowing him to go back and save his beloved. Progress: Needs tuning, plot is rather weak but is promising.

Incomplete Concepts

Scavengers: Hundreds of people live on a water locked island in 5 districts. Each part of the island have different resources and benefits to them. In each district are tribes of people, who all want to dominate all of the districts in order to control every resource. It is a war for natures assets. The main character lives in the central district that is constantly under attack due to it bordering every other district. Progress: Weak premise, needs serious work or deletion.

Immortals: After many years of research into stem cells, humans have found a cure for ageing, virtual reality. People transfer their consciousness into their own worlds. In these worlds people can buy whatever is available to them, everything from houses to lifestyles. Anything is possible in these worlds, you can change every single aspect about it and even yourself and your second life. Progress: Fairly interesting premise but will most probably be broken down and fused to create a stronger story.

Hacker Manga: The protagonist is a self proclaimed superhero, by day he is a regular student with an aptitude for computers but by night... he is a world renown hacker that police have searched for fruitlessly. He has transferred to a new school filled with many problems. He utilises his skills to defeat the wicked and save the day! Progress: A pretty good Shounen story reminiscent of Ashirogi Mut?’s “Perfect Crime Party”. Might need tuning and research but could be worth it.

Game Manga: Protagonist died and is greeted by an angel. This angel rules over limbo, a place between heaven and hell. The angel offers him a challenge, take part in a game, should he win he will be sent back to earth like he never died in the first place... but should he lose, his soul will be sent to hell. Progress: one of the weaker works. Either it’ll be deleted or drastic changes will be made.

Romance Manga: This is a story of a young homeless girl with a tragic past, and her saviour. Follow the story of the girl and a Good Samaritan. Progress: Needs fleshing out with details on both backstories and other characters to make it a feel good Shounen comedy

Psychological idea: The protagonist is two parts of a person. He hasnt got multiple personalities, it’s just that one part of him wishes to push him unto a goal he has had for many years and become successful, the other side aims to destroy this goal and put him in a direction that he believes he doesn’t want but deep down is tempted. The story is about the protagonist trying to figure out what he truly wants and to accept who he really is. Progress: This is a story capable of being a cult hit but it needs stellar writing and impeccable pacing, this should only be started when I am confident with my skills to do it justice.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:59:26 AM by Hikari »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Hikari's Random Gallery of crappy ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 06:03:21 PM »
Yikes that's a lot of ideas. If you have time later could you give at least the synopses under the links? It'd at least give a general idea of what to do.

Actually I think if you haven't gotten into any of the ideas really and written much you'd be better off just discussing them here until then. I know you put some work into evil hero at least so that could warrant it's own link, but otherwise you might just end up spreading everything out.

You should probably keep future ideas in here as well.

Offline GingerStark

• Social & Political Scientist
  • There is no single truth, only contingent theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 06:05:09 PM »
Very interesting ideas indeed! Noticed that a few of your stories share a future-problem scenario, something that I'm a big fan of  :dance: never thought energy supplies could run out as quickly as 2037 though...

Offline Nabe Man

• more daydreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 06:16:43 PM »
wow huge arsenal of stories will try to get to all to get to know your writing style.

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 06:27:41 PM »
@Lego I see what you mean, I'll cut out ones that I'm no longer working on, I'll add synopsis' for the ones I keep

@GingerJoy Thanks! ^^ for some reason I can only ever think of futuristic ideas, no idea why. PS, I was planning on making it a few years away but not too far... seems it wasnt far enough XD

@Nabe Man I'll be getting rid of some from the list so if I were you I wouldnt bother, or just wait until ive got rid of the crappiest ones
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 06:15:38 AM by Hikari »

Offline Nabe Man

• more daydreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 06:31:32 PM »
I like the evolution one this can be majorly developed with a good story line hope you make something out of that.

Offline GingerStark

• Social & Political Scientist
  • There is no single truth, only contingent theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 06:40:21 PM »
Us English are the best at sci-fi  ;) Douglas Adams and Arthur Clarke are just a few examples of British sci-fi writers! Yeah, I think energy sources would run out by 2050 by the earliest. They found tons of oil under Australia (Nearly as much as the Middle East!) but considering the fact that developing nations such as China and India are industrialising, fuel consumption will increase. Definitely a lot to think about!  :thumbsup:

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
Re: Hikari\'s Random Gallery of crappy ideas
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 06:40:40 PM »
Which one is that? :notunderstand:

Post Merge: February 17, 2014, 07:04:53 PM
Us English are the best at sci-fi  ;) Douglas Adams and Arthur Clarke are just a few examples of British sci-fi writers! Yeah, I think energy sources would run out by 2050 by the earliest. They found tons of oil under Australia (Nearly as much as the Middle East!) but considering the fact that developing nations such as China and India are industrialising, fuel consumption will increase. Definitely a lot to think about!  :thumbsup:
I should read the news more -_-
thanks for the info, although my tiny mind will probably blow a fuse trying to figure out when it'll end :p
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 07:04:53 PM by legomaestro »

Offline Nabe Man

• more daydreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 06:44:28 PM »
Which one is that? :notunderstand:

looks like you removed it. It was called hyper light. 

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 06:47:05 PM »
Oh, Hyperlight was one of the first I thought of. Believe me it was an idea that had a very short development run

Offline Nabe Man

• more daydreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 06:49:25 PM »
Oh, Hyperlight was one of the first I thought of. Believe me it was an idea that had a very short development run

yeah it would probably suit an explanation of an  ability, or power gain

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 07:01:19 PM »
Pretty much. Out of the 5 here, I would say that my favourites are EXO and Chains
EXO because there are so many ideas I have for it and it is the first manga that I have planned so far for
Chains because I look forward to figuring out how to reveal shocks about different characters. And figuring out how to introduce the generals without it becoming a battle manga

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 08:07:30 PM »
Not sure if this has been done before seen as its a pretty generic idea, but I may as well just post it

Setting is in America (Native, so before England invaded). Each character has a guardian spirit in the form of an animal, this is represented through a wooden figure (carved to look like the animal) held by the character. Each has their own speciality (if you had a kameleon then you could blend into the objects surrounding you. Once you have your spirit (the name would be changed) you would be put into a class (reptile, mammals, fish, ect) to avoid cross breeding. The main character is in the reptile class, whilst the girl he hasa crush on is in the Aves class, which is the most respected of all the classes because of their grace. The community is shattered by a coup d'etat by the reptiles, but they dont lose. The reptiles are banished, including those who didnt wish to take part in the overthrow. The reptiles then team up with a mysterious group with a rare power and aim to destroy the country. The main character must warn the Aves... without being killed for trespassing...by the girl he loves

genre: most probably shonen battle
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 05:52:42 PM by Hikari »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 08:20:03 PM »
It has the potential for a deeper story than just a shounen, but that may work I guess. *Evil laugh (I'm thinking Basilisk here...)

Interesting. Does the girl feel the same way about him maybe?

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 08:22:54 PM »
I would try to make it a little like Magi (A little bit of politics between the groups)
and yes, she does feel the same way but because of what happens in the overthrow she doesn't let her feelings stop her from trying to kill him.