September 25, 2017, 07:45:34 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Hikari's Random Gallery of crappy ideas  (Read 4035 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Hikari's Random Gallery of crappy ideas
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2014, 09:42:22 AM »
I suppose dream eaters leave the victims as husks or something? Or are they just killed off out right?

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2014, 09:49:58 AM »
Cant get anything past Lego, huh :D
That is actually a mystery of the series. Whenever people have their dreams eaten they disappear before anyone even notices so no one even knows what happens to them

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2014, 10:16:41 AM »
Haha actually you inadvertly revealed information there. I thought they became like victims of a Dementor's Kiss in Harry Potter, or like victims of shadows from Persona 3 Portable...

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2014, 10:32:16 AM »
I actually didnt reveal that much. Lets just say that they dont turn into dust and float away, nor do they disappear from the face of the earth

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2014, 11:44:37 AM »
Killjoy

Our main character wakes up in a dark room after a night he can’t quite remember, and hears a voice…yet he is alone. The room is bugged and the man who did this was the same person who put him in that room and who is now holding his friends captive.
Ok...these type of beginnings don't really work unless you get to see a little bit more of his life or before he got knocked out into the room. Especially if you're going to be sharing things like his friends. introducing all 6 of them would be good, and showing the main character's personal life. This also establishes a personality to follow.

The man mentions that all 6 of his friends are locked away in the city they are in, and each friend is being guarded by a general. The main character must find out who the generals are and kill them so that his friends are freed but the big question is how is he supposed to find 6 people he knows nothing about in a city filled with people. The worst thing is that if he mistakes a civilian for a general then a toxin in his body (Rightfully named Remorse) will activate, and will show him the life of the person he killed and what that person could have done if he hadn’t killed them… kill too many and the toxin will kill him. If he doesn’t kill at least once everyday then the boss will think he has left the city and will kill the 6 captives, luckily there are plenty of the general’s men in the city. He cannot escape the city either because the boss will find out very quickly. It is the main characters job to find and kill all the generals and the boss to grant the freedom of his friends and himself.
You see, this idea sounds like a twisted game that is messing with people's lives....only problem...there's no "theme" to the twisted game. You used "Generals" in the past before. And why the use of "Toxins".

Not only that, but the idea sounds nearly impossible for the main character to succeed.

Dreameaters, are very strange creatures. No one knows where they came from but what we do know is that they are disgusting beings that feed on the hopes of humans. There are a select few who actually know the truth about them and they are the force against Dreameaters... the exterminators (name will be changed).
Could have worded this a lot better....

These people have all been affected by dreameaters for example, a family member had their dreams stolen and they saw it happen. The main character is unique, he is the only person who has had all of his dreams stolen yet is still alive. The truth is that as soon as he lost them, he made a new dream... to get those hopes back. This signed the contract of him becoming an exterminator and he was able to kill the dreameater with the weapon he was given (not decided on what it is yet but it'll be bladed)
This raises questions....how do they literally see someones hope getting sucked away? the problem with dreameaters isn't that they aren't possible...they just don't have that physical, tangible, vulnerabaility. And the main character is interesting, but again, raises more questions.

There are 3 types of Dreameaters recorded. The regulars that are rather easy to kill, mid levels that have their own weapons that they drop when killed. And finally the bosses who are immensely powerful and killing one of them instantly makes you a famous exterminator, meaning you will be titled and you will be given the top contracts. Exterminators don't usually fight each other as they have similar goals but there have been recorded fights and they all lead to one of the exterminators dying.
This makes it even harder to imagine what a dream eater even is. are they humanoid or are they monster-like? The titles and contracts just adds a whole different perspective...its no longer just about survival. its about reputation.
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2014, 12:33:27 PM »
Killjoy: I see what you mean about the beginning, and I would definately show his life before the game began. No real theme sprung to mind, so I just thought that the game master trying to inflict as much mental and physical pain would be enough... obviously not XD. I originally used Generals in this idea but then used the term for Chains because it worked better, I still havent thought of a good replacement. The toxins were added because it sounded more realistic than the character just having this problem, and I felt like remorse in this quantity (coming close to killing him if he killed too many innocent people) would be what the game master wanted. The fact that it seems impossible for him to win adds to the excitement... or at least thats what I think.

No name series: My bad, ill try and word it differently. Basically its just saying that Dreameaters are revolting creatures that eat dreams. But the only people in the world who know about them are the exterminators (who will be renamed). When dreams are being eaten its sort of like a soft blue aura being drawn out of the person. In this story, the dreameaters start off as humanoids but begin to transform (thet become bigger and their skin changes colour to a yellow or grey) until the third stage in which they are cloaked in a dark aura. You may ask questions about the main character although I might not answer some of them depending on if itll reveal too much. A lot of exterminators mainly want contracts and titles because they dont want to die, and being the strongest gives them quite the safety net. And yes, they do really care about reputation, mainly because those big contracts arent exactly badly paid and they can use that money in the real world. These contracts are sent out by the world government's sub division "Sandman" who are able to track dreameaters because of the red-black aura they emit, Sandman's men have intel all over the world in every city

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2014, 07:40:07 PM »
Killjoy: I see what you mean about the beginning, and I would definately show his life before the game began. No real theme sprung to mind, so I just thought that the game master trying to inflict as much mental and physical pain would be enough... obviously not XD. I originally used Generals in this idea but then used the term for Chains because it worked better, I still havent thought of a good replacement. The toxins were added because it sounded more realistic than the character just having this problem, and I felt like remorse in this quantity (coming close to killing him if he killed too many innocent people) would be what the game master wanted. The fact that it seems impossible for him to win adds to the excitement... or at least thats what I think.
The problem is this seems like a game that has no meaning. have you ever played a board game and didn't understand the theme?

No name series: My bad, ill try and word it differently. Basically its just saying that Dreameaters are revolting creatures that eat dreams. But the only people in the world who know about them are the exterminators (who will be renamed). When dreams are being eaten its sort of like a soft blue aura being drawn out of the person. In this story, the dreameaters start off as humanoids but begin to transform (thet become bigger and their skin changes colour to a yellow or grey) until the third stage in which they are cloaked in a dark aura. You may ask questions about the main character although I might not answer some of them depending on if itll reveal too much. A lot of exterminators mainly want contracts and titles because they dont want to die, and being the strongest gives them quite the safety net. And yes, they do really care about reputation, mainly because those big contracts arent exactly badly paid and they can use that money in the real world. These contracts are sent out by the world government's sub division "Sandman" who are able to track dreameaters because of the red-black aura they emit, Sandman's men have intel all over the world in every city

Explaining it doesn't make it right....the problem is that it doesn't make sense to go that direction.....its the same direction most amateurs go, by trying to turn a real threat into some form of ranking system.
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2014, 09:18:36 AM »
Fair point... I'll have to think up a good theme for Killjoy.

I guess I dont really need the contracts system to be fair. I'll not add it in

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2017, 01:41:41 PM »
New idea that just popped up:

Scavengers:
Hundreds of people live on a water locked island in 5 districts. Each part of the island have different resources and benefits to them. In each district are tribes of people, who all want to dominate all of the districts in order to control every resource. It is a war for natures assets. The main character lives in the central district that is constantly under attack due to it bordering every other district.

Its not much yet since I don't have an idea about the characters yet, it's mainly just a concept

Whaddya think y'all?

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2017, 08:58:37 PM »
I like the concept but you'll need to come up with a better reason why they are locked in war. For example, why don't they just all work together and combine their resources? This is probably the more realistic outcome for a situation like this.

You might argue that there aren't enough resources for every person, if that's the case then how are the individual districts surviving right now?

If each district holds a resource crucial to survival, the districts would have to TRADE instead of fight each other for the resources they need in order to survive (because war would just make survival even more difficult and the district that chooses war also risks the most, which given the situation is illogical). This concept seems like the survivor's trial situation blown up to a larger scale.

Imagine a bunch of people trapped on a ship with a limited amount of resources, they would have to ration what they have as a whole rather than divide into 5 groups specifically targeting each resource to hoard. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense right?

Maybe you could try creating a reason for those resources to exist, like maybe these people are trapped on this island and in order to escape it they need ALL 5 resources to build a ship to escape, but their own district has access to only 1 resource. Then go further and explain that there are only enough resources to build 1 ship big enough to evacuate 1 district.

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2017, 10:42:38 PM »
You make a good point. The resources would be things that aren't necessarily essential but they make living easier and allows them to become more advanced as at the start they would be primitive. I was thinking they would be: an extremely efficient fishing area (Id probably make it a breeding zone for the fish so there are more there), a forest allowing the tribe to hunt, a mine for minerals, a fresh water spring and the final one would be a Zone that creates the best area for farming.

The reason would be that they were always cautious around each other but tried to work together, however things happened between each tribe (this would possibly be what the main character tries to figure out) and because of this they now fight for each other's land.

Little convoluted I know, Ill try to think of some other ideas for it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 06:53:43 PM by Hikari »

Offline bandile

• King of Manga Writing
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2017, 03:55:50 PM »
wow cool plots

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile