March 29, 2024, 05:10:54 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: MR on Youtube!  (Read 35260 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: MR on Youtube!
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2014, 08:53:57 AM »
Well, like I said, in general you know.

And Loren keep in mind that the channel isn't solely there for tutorials. Tutorials are just one of the things listed that people can make. It's also there for amv's, speed paints, etc. Hell if somebody wanted to do a manga vlog that would be cool.

It's there for anything related. If you could concieve of making a topic about it, i'd say it's fair game to make a youtube video about it (exceptions for general/non related stuff of course). again, let's just showcase what our community is doing.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline codenametukaioo7

• Manga and Anime freak
  • Do what ever, but don't lose your cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2014, 09:49:10 AM »

And Loren keep in mind that the channel isn't solely there for tutorials. Tutorials are just one of the things listed that people can make. It's also there for amv's, speed paints, etc. Hell if somebody wanted to do a manga vlog that would be cool.

It's there for anything related. If you could concieve of making a topic about it, i'd say it's fair game to make a youtube video about it (exceptions for general/non related stuff of course). again, let's just showcase what our community is doing.

How about we also let people advertise their manga on that channel.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2014, 10:19:53 AM »
It's fair game.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2014, 12:00:31 PM »

i suggest we cut tutorials as an option unless people want tutorials from specific members. we have to be realistic in where MR stands. but like i said, the forum.should boost up its appearance.
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline Thy Obsessive Freak

• From a freak of society
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2014, 01:40:47 PM »
Could we stop talking about 'Where Mangaraider stands'? as if we all share one mind about what the forums about and as if Hasith's made some great declaration goal besides are community for artists to improve. Coryn's made it pretty clear that the channel... well... whatever he's made it clear he doesn't give an F.

Want to discuss Mangaraiders goal and appearance, make a topic somewhere else, should be more discussing whose actually going to be putting up videos and which ones like that.

To note, I know Coryn's got this, but I'm just trying to show I understand (At least I hope I do- what?) and want to show how clear it is.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2014, 03:21:26 PM »
you can tell by how the forum is setup. but im more about "where" we stand in terms of how good are we.

what skills can we offer people to give tutorials? do you honestly think were that good to give tutorials when we are the ones looking at others? if we are all directing ppl to other places that are more helpful it would be good to make videos on whos the most helpful.

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2014, 03:35:06 PM »
Maybe we can just substitute tutorials for tips, since those are less complicated and can be taught easily.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2014, 03:46:35 PM »
Maybe we can just substitute tutorials for tips, since those are less complicated and can be taught easily.

yes. thats acceptable. other things is direct ppl to books or other tutorials that were helpful. and which to avoid. for example: many believe manga university is helpful 100% but tuere are other real mangaka who get published regularly who make videos to share.

etc. and. im not saying tutorials have to be ruled out but only when theres demand for it for specific members.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2014, 04:28:20 PM »
Well guys, glad to see a sort of agreement has been reached. For now it's all kinda of null and void until we actually get some videos. So I agree, let's concentrate on that some. I'm really interested to see what some of you guys will come up with.

Offline IronQuill

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2014, 06:23:00 PM »
does this mean, the youtube code will be available in the forum???

also if this truly is about Marketting or promotion of the site, then what i am 1 million percent in agreement with is the homepage needs to be revamped immediately, its horrendous! at least remove the big ass pink banner with the first sentence saying "we have a serious spam problem" that doesnt exactly exude confidence for the site and its a terrible first impression and really it makes no sense being there in the first place.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2014, 06:46:39 PM »
Alright guys, if you want to say something about the homepage, pm Hasith. I can't do anything for you here.

The channel's password is not going public no. Last thing we need is some yahoo getting a hold of it and going wild. If you want to upload a video to the MR youtube you need to send me a copy of the file.

Offline IronQuill

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2014, 07:14:07 PM »
really?  i thought the mods would be the mediums, though if thats the case, i guess it would be good to get some feed back/ideas/solutions before approaching Hasith, ill see what the reaction is and post a separate thread.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2014, 07:27:09 PM »
I don't know why you'd think you need to go through us. It's not like Hasith is intimidating or anything.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2014, 07:38:28 PM »
I don't know why you'd think you need to go through us. It's not like Hasith is intimidating or anything.

has nothing to do with intimidation. just that there really needs more. you have more previliges than you led on Coryn. and its not like you cant make a difference either.

unless it bothers you. but its something that ive said this to avoid videos until we establish the forum better. its only up until now that you seem to disagree. but i think we should promote something worth promoting. and i think we need to improve as a forum first to advertise the forum.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2014, 07:49:27 PM »
The intimidation thing was more of a joke really.

And yes I do have influence, but not that kind. I can only work within the confines that the forum sets. I can't go making changes to the site itself. I don't have that kind of access, even if I did I wouldn't know how.

But really guys, Hasith takes suggestions and complaints seriously, it's just that he doesn't always agree, or doesn't have the time to fix them. Of course it doesn't help that a lot of complaints are "I don't like it make it better." That's not helpful to anyone. If Hasith had a better way to move to it's likely he'd have already done it. So you've got to include the actual ways you think that it can be made better.

The moral of the story: Yes, please critique the forum itself, but be productive about it. Help us help you.

Anyrate, no more discussion about forum changes. Let's concentrate on making videos.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 08:00:22 PM by Coryn »