March 29, 2024, 05:44:53 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Poll

What's your favorite animal?

Elephant
5 (3.8%)
Tiger
39 (29.5%)
Turtle
17 (12.9%)
Snake
16 (12.1%)
Dog
28 (21.2%)
Kitty
27 (20.5%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Author Topic: MusicFreak8800 Drawings  (Read 165395 times)

Offline MusicFreak8800

• The little girl who always sings ^^
    • View Profile
MusicFreak8800 Drawings
« on: January 10, 2014, 04:44:06 PM »
Well, I've been drawing for two years, and kinda like to draw any style. Though I'm horrible at digital art, but I'm working on it! :D
I look forward for you to give some critique, so I can improve my skills :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 04:18:18 PM by MusicFreak8800 »

Offline MusicFreak8800

• View Profile
Re: MusicFreak8800 Drawings
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 04:53:41 PM »
Woops! My bad, haha... Let's try again ;D

My Manga "Clarity"

For fun ;D

Offline w0ndeR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 06:28:57 PM »
nice drawings so far

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 09:30:03 PM »
Wow, nice drawings! Hey, isn't that mermaid from a Mark Crilley tutorial? I love his tutorials! ^-^
I think these all look really nice, but I would work on hands... The fingers and such look nice, the hands just look a bit small. Especially the girl's on that first drawing. Nothing other than that I can really critique on, everything looks great. ^-^
I like your eye style! It looks to have a bit of a Mark Crilley influence, and I like that! :'D

Keep up the good work~ ^-^

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 10:47:03 PM »
i like the girl looking up the sky by the way great keep up on hand bro

Offline MusicFreak8800

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 03:15:03 AM »
Wow, nice drawings! Hey, isn't that mermaid from a Mark Crilley tutorial? I love his tutorials! ^-^
I think these all look really nice, but I would work on hands... The fingers and such look nice, the hands just look a bit small. Especially the girl's on that first drawing. Nothing other than that I can really critique on, everything looks great. ^-^
I like your eye style! It looks to have a bit of a Mark Crilley influence, and I like that! :'D

Yup, I learned to draw eyes from one of his tutorials and tried to make it my own, and the mermaid is from one of his other tutorial :D I love them too!!! And yeah, I'm very, very horrible at hands, proportions, kinda everything else than faces... but if I just work hard enough I will get better, right? :D

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 10:50:59 AM »

Yup, I learned to draw eyes from one of his tutorials and tried to make it my own, and the mermaid is from one of his other tutorial :D I love them too!!! And yeah, I'm very, very horrible at hands, proportions, kinda everything else than faces... but if I just work hard enough I will get better, right? :D

Haha I don't think you're horrible! I thought it was all great, except for the hand sizing on a few of them. ^-^
Exactly! You just gotta keep practicing, and you'll get better in no time! ^-^
I can't wait to see more art! :3

Offline GingerStark

• Social & Political Scientist
  • There is no single truth, only contingent theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 06:36:19 PM »
Now this I like! :D The style is amazing, you have the clothes perfectly winkled, the hair is realistic... good job  :thumbsup: Though I did find the girl's head in the first picture to be a bit big compared to her body, I really can't find much else wrong with your work. Keep it up!  :dance:

Offline MusicFreak8800

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 07:06:04 PM »
Thanks everybody!! :D

Offline Thy Obsessive Freak

• From a freak of society
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 07:46:10 PM »
Okay, fair warning, you're not suppose to make links until you've made 20 posts and you're in trouble if you post links to your deviantart unless it's attached to your signature.

But enough of me going oh-oh! You're in trouble, snicker-snicker (Not actually snickering, but felt I should warn). P.S why the feck do you not have walruses in your poll! Walruses are the most awesome thing on the planet! The only reason they don't rule over humans is because they're too busy sunbathing.

...Well enough of me going off topic, drawings are as awesome as Cheese on toast. Hair movement, hands, posture, hard to say anything about it and going to have to echo Gingerjoy about the style, the style you have is awesome and I would steal it, but my Ma keeps giving me big trouble for stealing stuff. Anyways, I assume the mermaid's your latest sketch, so I'll criticise that. For one I notice the huge improvement you've made since, your hands having gone from awkward and small into awesome, your eyes have gone from big and silly to awesome and your hair has gone from scarecrow and laughable to awesome and the awesomeness continues. Though not sure where else to improve really, I'm not much of a professional artist, but if I was to nitpick, I'd say the wrist. It seems like your greatest battle has been with the wrist. While the mermaid isn't really that fussy, the bottom of the palm is plumed out a bit like she's hiding an apple. The elbow joint on my right looks awkward because of that line, it makes it look like the muscles would contract pretty much the wrong way. So I'd say work on joints, but I could be entirely wrong, I'm not much good with anatomy in general :D . Again though awesome cheese.

Also don't be afraid to get into digital art, it takes time, I've been going at it like a rhinoceros on stampede at it for nearly a year now and it really only takes time and confidence. I only noticed today the huge improvement I made. Give it a go, otherwise you'll always look back on it and wish you did it. (I know the feeling when I gave up art for 10yrs)

Offline DXDEVIL13

• I really hate ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 07:46:57 AM »
Yes you definetly need walruses.....
Well I can't give you critique since I myself am still a noob at art but I love the way you draw hair! I've tried drawing hair like that many times but I just fail....
How long have you been drawing?

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 09:01:03 AM »
You don't seem to use guidelines. The reason I say that is because in the first image, the girl's eyes are not alligned well. The one on my right is higer than the one on my left.
Your anatomy is decent and you can build a good figure, but your proportion is way off.
Example: In the first image, the girl's head is very large compared to her body, and her hands are very small. A normal hand should be able to partially cover one's face. Here, it looks like both hands can fit in her mouth.
These problems repeat throughout all of the images, except the Mark Crilley one.
You hair has good flow, but you should pay attention to the fringes, as they tend to come out a little messy.
Try not to shade it, it looks good on its own, and the shading contributes to the messiness.
Another problem I noticed is the way you draw faces in profile. They look 2D, as if the person is wearing a mask.
I took the liberty of drawing some lines over your image, just to explain what I mean:

Offline MusicFreak8800

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 09:29:06 AM »
I appreciate everyone's critique! :D I will defiantly use them to become even better!!! :D

Yes you definetly need walruses.....
Well I can't give you critique since I myself am still a noob at art but I love the way you draw hair! I've tried drawing hair like that many times but I just fail....
How long have you been drawing?

Two years, if you don't count the year long breaks :D

Offline DXDEVIL13

• I really hate ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 12:54:39 PM »
Two years, if you don't count the year long breaks :D
Oh stupid me I just realized you already told how many years you've been drawing in your first post :P

Offline MusicFreak8800

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 03:27:20 PM »
I've just seen the newest pokemon movie, so I just drew a little sketch of pikachu! :D