September 23, 2018, 06:24:38 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: TiNoSa's Fanarts  (Read 5007 times)

Offline TiNoSa

• FanArtist
    • View Profile
TiNoSa's Fanarts
« on: August 23, 2013, 10:25:30 AM »
In this topic, I'll be posting all my fanarts.
But first, what I used to draw/color these fanarts in case you want to know:
- Wacom Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch
- Photoshop Elements 8 (sketching, lineart, coloring)
- Photoshop CS5 (sketching, lineart, coloring)
- Autodesk SketchBook Copic Edition (coloring)
- Manga Studio EX 4.0 (lineart)
- Paint Tool SAI (lineart)

I'll post my favorite ones (from oldest to newest):

Finished Drawings:

Kotomine Kirei [Fate/Zero]
Spoiler

Terry Bogard [Fatal Fury / KOF]
Spoiler

Matou Kariya [Fate/Zero]
Spoiler

Seijuro Shin [Eyeshield 21]
Spoiler

Sainglain [Ixion Saga DT]
Spoiler

Hyobu Kyosuke [The Unlimited]
Spoiler

Sinbad [Magi]
Spoiler

MAMA [Shiikugakari Rika]
Spoiler

Tetsu x Rika [Tetsu x Rika]
Spoiler

CMYKa [Purpleblock's OC]
Spoiler

Aladdin going to... school? [Magi] - Cel Shading
Spoiler

Aladdin going to... school? [Magi] - Digital Copic Markers
Spoiler

Sketches:

Kariya Matou & Sakura [Fate/Zero]
Spoiler

Kabu [Bi no Isu]
Spoiler

Masrur [Magi]
Spoiler

Sinbad [Magi]
Spoiler

Jafar [Magi]
Spoiler

Alibaba [Magi]
Spoiler

Aladdin [Magi]
Spoiler

Morgiana [Magi]
Spoiler

Judal [Magi]
Spoiler

Date Masamune I [Sengoku Basara]
Spoiler

Date Masamune II [Sengoku Basara]
Spoiler

Oda Nobunaga [Sengoku Basara]
Spoiler

Kayneth Archibald El-Melloi [Fate/Zero]
Spoiler

Kotomine Kirei [Fate/Zero]
Spoiler

Others [Fanart Related]:

Aladdin going to... school? [Magi] - Coloring Comparison
Spoiler

NoteĀ¹: I like to study faces, anatomy and poses to draw only from my head, and I don't like to rely too much on references when I'm drawing, but I used reference poses in Terry Bogard and Sainglain drawings, since I'm really not used to those kinds of poses and I didn't want to make mistakes ^^''
NoteĀ²: I still have a couple of sketches of the Masters from Fate/Zero here, but since I'm in the process of redrawing them, I'll post only the new versions. Kirei and Kayneth sketches are already here in the index. I plan to make real linearts after I finish redrawing these sketches  =)
Oh, and I plan to make final versions of Magi characters, like I did with Aladdin, and also continue drawing more Sengoku Basara's characters after I finish drawing Fate/Zero's masters, and in the future turn these sketches into linearts and then color them. Whew!

I hope you like my drawings! Critiques are always welcomed!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 05:49:09 AM by TiNoSa »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: TiNoSa's Fanarts
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 02:00:55 PM »
Hey Tino! That's some pretty good art you've got there! (I'm particularly fond of the Date Masamume ones.) Though we ask that you embed all images you post on the forum itself. Since you're new I'd usually make the corrections for you the first time, but gosh did you put up a lot of artwork.  :ohmy:

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline TiNoSa

• FanArtist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 07:35:53 PM »
Hey Tino! That's some pretty good art you've got there! (I'm particularly fond of the Date Masamume ones.) Though we ask that you embed all images you post on the forum itself. Since you're new I'd usually make the corrections for you the first time, but gosh did you put up a lot of artwork.  :ohmy:
I'm so sorry! I've just fixed it and resized some big images too. I hope everything is ok now  :blush:

Thank you very much! I'm glad you like the drawings of Date Masamune! I really like his character design and personality (specially his helmet) XD
But my favorite character of Sengoku Basara is Maeda Keiji! I hope I can draw him soon  :D
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 07:42:46 PM by TiNoSa »

Offline Thy Obsessive Freak

• From a freak of society
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 07:55:40 PM »
Wow, awesome as cheese on toast. You've given pretty good backgrounds that compliment the characters. I have now just learnt the true value of having backgrounds in your artwork. Defiantly like the way you've done Sinbad... But I don't like how naked he is (What?). But man what a job on his abs (Double what?) Look as if you could literally grate meat on them (Triple what?). But also like the colours, like that purple looks awesome, so do the rest of him, the Sinbad's an awesome one.
Though I don't know what order you progressed however, but I can defiantly tell you improved greatly with style. I'm guessing at times you also experimented and generally had fun with this.

But I should give criticism, why? Because there's always room to improve and I like trying to help other artists. If I was to criticism the Sinbad one, I'd have to say I don't like the eyes. They're two rectangular, though this is nitpicking as I'm new to criticizing things like drawings and digital art, so I could very well be wrong, but I am expressing that the least favorite part is the eyes. As for looking over the rest of the art, it's hard to say because I'm not sure of your exact progress, as you improve in some areas and just don't improve in others if that makes sense. But overall I like your art, but lord, Sinbad's so naked, why? (What? I mean it? Why's he so naked?)

Offline TiNoSa

• FanArtist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 08:25:54 PM »
Wow, awesome as cheese on toast. You've given pretty good backgrounds that compliment the characters. I have now just learnt the true value of having backgrounds in your artwork. Defiantly like the way you've done Sinbad... But I don't like how naked he is (What?). But man what a job on his abs (Double what?) Look as if you could literally grate meat on them (Triple what?). But also like the colours, like that purple looks awesome, so do the rest of him, the Sinbad's an awesome one.
Though I don't know what order you progressed however, but I can defiantly tell you improved greatly with style. I'm guessing at times you also experimented and generally had fun with this.

But I should give criticism, why? Because there's always room to improve and I like trying to help other artists. If I was to criticism the Sinbad one, I'd have to say I don't like the eyes. They're two rectangular, though this is nitpicking as I'm new to criticizing things like drawings and digital art, so I could very well be wrong, but I am expressing that the least favorite part is the eyes. As for looking over the rest of the art, it's hard to say because I'm not sure of your exact progress, as you improve in some areas and just don't improve in others if that makes sense. But overall I like your art, but lord, Sinbad's so naked, why? (What? I mean it? Why's he so naked?)
Thank you for visiting and giving criticism, I appreciate it!  ;D

The order of the drawings is from oldest to newest, but since they're separated in the finished and sketches groups, I guess it makes it a bit difficult to notice the progress, as you said.
And maybe because I'm not doing many backgrounds anymore. I believe my drawings became more simple than before. I guess it's a phase I've been going trough, I've been using less external resources like textures, patterns and stocks to make backgrounds, but I want to continue drawing backgrounds in the future. One of the things I still want to do is drawing different environment, but at the moment I'm more focused on the characters ^^

As for Sinbad, I'm glad it caught your attention ;D
As I said in my introduction topic, sometimes I try to be faithful to the original character design, but sometimes I draw some crazy things, and this Sinbad drawing was one of this case, hahaha. Actually, I'd draw a random guy, just to train muscles, but for some reason It became Sinbad, lol. And it's true, his eyes are pretty rectangular, specially compared to the original character design. If I were to redraw this one someday, I also think I'd be better to change his eyes a bit =)
"Why's he so naked", lol xD Truth be told, I don't know either, I think it was just a moment of fanservice, hahahahah.

Thank you very much for your comment!  :thumbsup:

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 08:55:28 PM »
Ah right, should've read the top a bit more. But it's great to hear that my advice was appreciated. Thank you TiNoSa.

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 12:22:39 AM »
Wow that's lots of drawings. It's really good thing putting all those images in spoiler tags. I don't know it's Coryn you or did it but thanks it makes the whole topic clear and neat. I do like your colors. Bright and nice.

Maybe it's just me, Morgiana drawing has a proportion problem ? I mean upper part of legs have skinny comparing with lower part ?

Offline TiNoSa

• FanArtist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 12:55:21 AM »
Ah right, should've read the top a bit more. But it's great to hear that my advice was appreciated. Thank you TiNoSa.
No problem. Thanks :D

Wow that's lots of drawings. It's really good thing putting all those images in spoiler tags. I don't know it's Coryn you or did it but thanks it makes the whole topic clear and neat. I do like your colors. Bright and nice.

Maybe it's just me, Morgiana drawing has a proportion problem ? I mean upper part of legs have skinny comparing with lower part ?

Thank you!

Oh, I did it, and I'm glad Coryn didn't because I always feel bad when I give people trouble, haha, so I prefer to fix my mistakes myself  :blush:

Hmm, now that you mentioned it, I think it's true  :hmm:
I didn't use references and it's very likely that I mistook the proportions. When I decide to make a lineart for Morgiana drawing, I'll fix this problem. Thank you for the tip! :D

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 02:48:25 AM »
You are welcome ! Hope to see more drawings !

Ah there is a paid commission Manga Conversion banner. You submit couple of sample artwork there if you like. :)

Offline TiNoSa

• FanArtist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 12:03:23 PM »
You are welcome ! Hope to see more drawings !

Ah there is a paid commission Manga Conversion banner. You submit couple of sample artwork there if you like. :)
Ah, you mean this one? I saw it, it's very interesting, but I don't know if I'm creative enough to create something for them... But I'll give it some thought, thanks for telling me ^^

Another sketch I've just redrawn:

Kiritsugu Emiya [Fate/Zero]
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 06:24:51 AM by TiNoSa »

Offline TiNoSa

• FanArtist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 06:53:49 AM »
More sketches of Fate/Zero Masters:

Ryuunosuke Uryuu [Fate/Zero]

Kariya Matou [Fate/Zero]
^ This one is the same sketch I used to make the coloured version of Kariya, but the previous sketch was a bit different. I decided to change his expression in order to give it a more dramatic feeling. I also decided to put more shadows compared to the other sketches to emphasize his blind eye ^^

My favorites characters (Kirei, Kiritsugu and Kariya) are finished, at least. Now I just need to redraw Tokiomi and Waver to complete the Masters  :push:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 06:24:26 AM by TiNoSa »

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 07:37:53 AM »
Awesome, your brilliant with the ink and just look at that shade, I mean wow, could there be a better way of using that Shade to look those characters look alive... See you also have a signature... I'm printing it and pretending you gave it to me personally! Let us not forget the hair the structure of those necks and those ears (And I hate ears on drawings, I feel they make them look ugly even though they 'have' to be there). Seriously this is just awesome cheese.

Though again I've got some nitpicking comments. For one, Kiritsugu Emiya [Fate/Zero] Looks as if he's got a ball stuck in his throat. I know that's meant to be an Adam's apple which I don't have the confidence to do in my drawings yet. But you know I am nitpicking and just saying if there's one thing to work on, it would be the Adam's apple. That's the biggest criticism I have anyways.

Offline TiNoSa

• FanArtist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 12:05:57 AM »
Awesome, your brilliant with the ink and just look at that shade, I mean wow, could there be a better way of using that Shade to look those characters look alive... See you also have a signature... I'm printing it and pretending you gave it to me personally! Let us not forget the hair the structure of those necks and those ears (And I hate ears on drawings, I feel they make them look ugly even though they 'have' to be there). Seriously this is just awesome cheese.

Though again I've got some nitpicking comments. For one, Kiritsugu Emiya [Fate/Zero] Looks as if he's got a ball stuck in his throat. I know that's meant to be an Adam's apple which I don't have the confidence to do in my drawings yet. But you know I am nitpicking and just saying if there's one thing to work on, it would be the Adam's apple. That's the biggest criticism I have anyways.
Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked them ^^
Yeah, at first, I didn't like to draw ears either, but as you said, sometimes we have to. So I started to try to make them look good (although sometimes I make very crappy ears when I'm sketching x__x).
And thanks a lot for the criticism! It was thanks to your comment that I googled some images to take a better look at how a real Adam's apple is and noticed that size may vary from men to men, but they're not as "round" as I made in my drawing. They're more "pointy", it seems: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_r1rYeLfwy60/TSDZKLXvCTI/AAAAAAAAAgs/NETwIe-BsEo/s400/adam%2527s%2Bapple.jpg

So that was a good observation you made. Thanks. I'll fix this when I make his final lineart and I'll start to pay more attention to this from now on, specially when I draw people in profile view =)

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 12:51:26 PM »
No probs, glad I was able to help.

Offline TiNoSa

• FanArtist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 06:23:01 AM »
I haven't been drawing much these days because of college, but I tried to finish redrawing Fate/Zero Masters sketches, at least.
Tokiomi is pretty much sketchy compared to Waver =P

Tokiomi Tohsaka

Waver Velvet

And, finally, the 6-month improvement comparison is done:

I fixed some things in the new sketches before putting all of them together. Well, I hope the improvement is noticeable.
Among the new ones, some are more sketchy than others (in the hair case, you could say more detailed, too), I always wonder if it's related to my mood in the day  :hmm:
Anyway, if I happen to turn these new sketches into real linearts to color someday, I plan to draw them more equally detailed... But since I don't think this is going to happen in the next six months because I'll be very busy, maybe I'll re-redraw them again in sketchy style to see if I improved again somehow, when the time comes.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 06:27:28 AM by TiNoSa »