November 14, 2018, 02:23:36 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Kesashi's Gallery  (Read 25485 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Kesashi's Gallery
« Reply #345 on: September 28, 2018, 08:59:48 PM »
Wait wouldn't such armour be heavy as heck more than innefective? And is gold really that soft against attack?

Like the high heels haha, even though I suspect she'd get stuck in the ground many times because of that.

Also magic makes the world go round. Your ability to make so many characters is impressive. Keep at it Kesashi!

Alright I'm going to be honest. I saw somebody doing something I thought was cool so I did it too. What I mean is photo-realistic vector art. But for a number of reasons I decided it was better for my sanity to go for a less photorealistic finish.

Spoiler

Yikes I know this technique. It is insane to make something look really good, but a great  piece here methinks!

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 29, 2018, 12:30:14 AM »
Wait wouldn't such armour be heavy as heck more than innefective? And is gold really that soft against attack?

Like the high heels haha, even though I suspect she'd get stuck in the ground many times because of that.

Also magic makes the world go round. Your ability to make so many characters is impressive. Keep at it Kesashi!

I'm not sure how heavy gold is compared to steel or iron, but the knights armor was lighter than what U.S. soldiers carry on their back. A lot of story writers and game designers really underestimate the efficiency of ancient armor (if it was forged properly). Chainmail will almost protect you from any glancing slash, but not against direct thrusts. Nowadays they're making chainmail gloves to protect your hands from kitchen knives.

But yeah, those heels definitely aren't practical. But there were some pretty simple anti-armor techniques and weapons. Like the Japanese Kanabo.

Speaking of the Kanabo

Offline suuper-san

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 29, 2018, 01:48:23 PM »
that vector character in 3D feel is straaaange :P
wow, photorealistic vectors? I dont think I could stand that haha. I like your counter method of using gradients to simplify the contour process, but still keeping the same feel.
cool gold armour, great work on the 3D stuff, and I like that latest character as well. I think maybe the weapon should be a little lower, it doesn't feel like it's properly sitting on her shoulder, but it's hard to tell regardless. I suppose one great thing about vectors is that if needed you can make alterations like that a lot easier than canvas art.

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 11, 2018, 10:38:46 PM »
So it turns out that gold is 3 times heavier (denser) than Iron. Interesting.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 12, 2018, 07:44:51 AM »
That is certainly a true statement you've made there.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 13, 2018, 03:07:24 AM »
If you thought gold armor was the height of ironic impracticality, allow me to introduce the extra long Odachi. I wanted to create a healer character who heals by attacking her allies, so the interesting thing about this concept is that her sword should be long enough that she could theoretically line up an ally to attack and an enemy right in front of them to hit them both at the same time hurting the enemy and healing the ally.

Obviously this weapon would break under its own weight unless it was made out of an extremely springy steel, or of course, enhanced by the wearing of a Regalia.

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 13, 2018, 06:01:17 AM »
Thats sounds like an interesting game mechanic.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 25, 2018, 06:57:24 AM »
Thats sounds like an interesting game mechanic.
I second that. Would totally love to see that in action.

bizzarely I think giving the character underwear makes it more sexy than if she hadn't for some reason. Like she's missing the bottom half of her outfit kinda feeling lol. maybe if the top was just a bit longer to obscure the groin it would look better. I can't say I've seen chinese style clothing that short, even in manga or anime :P

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 27, 2018, 10:18:39 PM »
That character may get an outfit change in the near future. And a few others also in the aim of modesty. I guess you could say that this one is an example.

previous version

Also I wanted to show you guys this just because I know I've been posting just vector art, but I have been working with my drawing pad, and it's become one of my best tools for animation. Right now I'm working on a big 6 frames per second animation. And here I'm using it to map out gestural movements. The frame rate won't increase, but the quality will.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 28, 2018, 12:13:19 PM »
love the improvement to the armor, as well as the improved modesty considering it's armour :P

and great beginnings to that animation. I've not done much but I know how much of a pain and effort it can be to do just something simple. I'm surprised you didn't do a vector animation though as that would probably have suited you better?
I thought they were blushes at first glance, but they are bruises? poor girl!!! Just wait 'till I get my hands on whoever did that to her!!!

dang it now I want to do animation......

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 30, 2018, 04:57:42 PM »
There's so much that's happened here, I don't even know where to begin commenting.

I guess I'll start with a big congratulations. This is a huge step up from where you were before. The vectors and the rendering look so much more together now (although the realistic backgrounds and the cel-shaded characters is a little jarring to me personally). It looks like everything is really coming along, and the animation there is really nice. 6 fps is still a lot and can help master those keyframes. You're definitely correct in that the gradient fills are helping with the depth, which is what I think might have been lacking before. All your time and effort is really paying off now.

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 04, 2018, 03:12:25 PM »
I thought they were blushes at first glance, but they are bruises? poor girl!!! Just wait 'till I get my hands on whoever did that to her!!!

Don't worry, they're going to get it.

There's so much that's happened here, I don't even know where to begin commenting.

I guess I'll start with a big congratulations. This is a huge step up from where you were before. The vectors and the rendering look so much more together now (although the realistic backgrounds and the cel-shaded characters is a little jarring to me personally). It looks like everything is really coming along, and the animation there is really nice. 6 fps is still a lot and can help master those keyframes. You're definitely correct in that the gradient fills are helping with the depth, which is what I think might have been lacking before. All your time and effort is really paying off now.

Hey, it's always great to get some insight on this style. I've been going where it wants to take me. Not a lot of role models for me in this business so I have to figure out how to be one.

Yeah 6 is defnitely a lot. This animation will have about 1440 frames total as it will be exactly 4:00 minutes long.

Aside from that, working more with that same girl and doing some light-hearted promotional art, I've been working on this with the pad recently. And it'll lean more towards realistic anime. For this one I'm not trying to match the style I've developed. I'll do some stylized posters later.

These are the two characters here.

Aside from this being my first big art piece that I'll make with the drawing pad I'm just having some innocent fun with the concepts in this image. I'm planning on doing a big art series on affection. But I've also been playing around with love interests between characters from Blade Regalia which is fairly arbitrary as far as the game is concerned. As I've been matching up characters at complete random I've been looking closely at the most interesting matchups.

This is definitely one that I'm going to keep.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 05, 2018, 01:54:18 PM »
Awh, it looks so sweet. I love innocent affection and cuddles. They're so overlooked. In your piece here, you really capture that softness.

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 08, 2018, 06:11:33 PM »
Some more character art

The first one is just a redesign of this character.
Spoiler

The second one is a support hero who is supposed to strengthen her allies by whipping them.

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 13, 2018, 02:34:13 PM »
unusual to see so much vector art, and big respect to that. I do some from time to time but never anything close to characters like this. Isn't it a crazy amount of work? And what program du you use?
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)