April 16, 2024, 06:09:21 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Dystopic Blades MR # 2  (Read 33080 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Dystopic Blades MR # 2
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2013, 06:38:17 PM »
This is the first chapter that conviniently kicks out any 'ghost members' without me having to resort to controlling/killing them off.

STAGE ZERO: Noisewind

It started suddenly and unceremoniously.
     Whoosh.
     Fzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Psha~aaaaaaa.
     "Oh no! Noise!" Hasith shouted. Even then he made hand seals to try and fix the situation.
     He summoned a crystalline blue wall of code rose up, but even as the  structure formed it melted away like a candle in the onslaught  of a blowtorch.
     "This won't hold! It's definately going to take us!"
     "I'll take advantage of it!" Cory shouted.
     "You can't mean-" Hasith began.
     Cory Cut in, "There's no other choice! We can't risk staying in this world longer anyway!"
     And now they were being whipped up in a vortex. All the while the static rushed and rushd.
     "Everyone! Grab on!" Hasith stretched out his arms as did Cory, grabbing onto those nearest.
     But it was impossible. There was a disconnect between everyone's minds and their bodies.
     Coryn could only stare.
     He heard The Dark Mercenary mumble something similar.
     "I remember... I remember... Hasith? Cory...caly? M@#n$a%R@%rs>"
     "What?" Coryn asked the wind, "What did you just say?" He shouted.
     And in a blink, Aero, To-nok'teh, Everlastin, Fabio, Oran and A.D Vanished suddenly along with Cory and Hasith.
     There was a loud howling wind, and Coryn couldn't see or hear anything anymore, and the knowledge that had been coming back to him vanished as though stolen by that very same wind.
     And now suddenly he was tumbling across snow.
     He spun once, twice. His dual wakisashi flew off, sheaths and all onto a floe. Coryn followed. Spread-eagled, he silently slid across the reflective ice.
     Finally he came to a stop.
     Coryn panted in the cold. He was stunned but alive.
     The dead sky greeted him again, and he completely forgot what he was about to remember.
     The dead sky...
     He gingerly sat up. Where was everyone?  No one was around. Taken by the wind. He didn't remember anything apart from fighting against the other warriors, but even they seemed dim in his memory.
     "Ch. Amnesia huh. Troublesome."
     Coryn got to his feet simply enough when he put his mind to it. He strapped his wakisashi back to his sides and began walking.
     "The Fire."
     This was something he had no intention of forgetting. It burnt like a beacon in his mind's eye.
     And there he was, a speck in a vast wasteland. But an oh-so-important one.

I intend to put you people into situations as you make your travels to find the last fire. I will make a map which you'll be allowed to navigate. All the stats i have now is for fighting, so while I will definately make changes on the way to allow for extra features, keep in mind that this is a stabby slashy fighting story.

I will make random character switches, and ask you what you want to do. You shall encounter vagabonds, traps, monsters and enemy opponents.

For now i'm satisfied with the first draft of the stats. Do not worry about forgettnig some of the things, because i also intend to make a quick cheat sheet which you can fill in and keep with you to quickly remind you about where your character stands in this gamestory.

So yes. I have decided to do this old-school. While it is definately cumbersome I will most definately enjoy it so there's no need to worry. I just hope people are still interested in this >...>

DYSTOPIC BLADES MR 2. START.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 06:42:24 PM by legomaestro »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2013, 10:11:34 PM »
I have to admit Lego, at this point I wasn't sure you were ever going to get back to this one.

Can't wait to see how it goes.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2013, 04:29:20 AM »
Yeah me too. It's a damn shame really. This topic started last year june.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2013, 11:22:46 AM »
Here is the map

Feel free to try and wander off the map... kukuku...

The sheet i'll fill to summarize the characters in the game. I'll use pencil of course for ever-changing stats.

A Summary of the Base stats choices and what they mean.

They call it Tac-tical fightiiiing! (insert bootleg kungfu fighting song here)

Questions and suggestions are encouraged.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 03:32:38 AM by reX »

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2013, 12:01:26 PM »
this is why I've never wanted to be a DM

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2013, 12:28:37 PM »
Haha. So true.

I'm travelling tomorrow, but I'll have a movelist ready next. And then finally the first fight against some random bandits. On my side first to test the logistics

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2013, 05:55:16 PM »
On my bus ride from hell i took the opportunity to brainstorm most of the new dystop game system. I came up with the design it would have if it were a board game so what remains is a bit of a lot of drawing.

I'll have to draw inspiration from Andrew Hussie in this case, because i'll go full bitmap in terms of illustrating the moves and items you will be using. I'll post the rules that i have so far.

Sorry about all this backstage talk. I'll get into the game soon. Looks like i left a lot on the side when i started this. As a plus though i'll be drawing a lot of what i hope will be epic depictions of your characters.

RULES AND HOW THE GAME IS PLAYED

1. Dystopic Blades is a complicated Rock Paper Scissors game, here two play a move simultaneously. However, the difference is that 10 moves are made in advance. And then i calculate the carnage that has occured, and the winner is determined.

For the match to end i) One player must have their health reduced to 0
                               ii) At the end of 10 moves, the player with the larger health wins.

2. There are 3 Card Slots. Slots may be used before the match. However during the match adding a slot takes up a move. The 3 Card Slot types are:

i) Fighter Slots: Here you choose your fighting styles. Over the course of the game you'll have better fighting styles e.g Slasher 2 instead of Slasher, which has better base stats.

ii) Weapon Slots: Choose your weapon that you have collected during your travels.

iii) Special Slots: This is for collectibles that don't fall in the other two categories. They may also be special moves that can only be collected. For this slot, you can't use a card before you start the match.

3. On Player Exploration and General Game Play

- I will post prompts for any character to make a move, and i will send them a pm to reveal their position on the map. They will send me a personal message to tell me where they wish to go, and i will move them in that direction. All encounters will be a written prelude chapter to battle, to see whats up.

- Feel free to team up, because there are plenty enemy NPCs on the map to fight against. This won't be as brutal as the other Dystop since you had to hack eachother. This isn't to say though that at the last part you won't be forced to... (evil laugh)

4. The Match itself.

i) 10 Moves are initially chosen by both players (On the board, you place 10 move cards face down)

ii) If the opponent has the ability, they may reveal some of the moves of the opponent player. Also, certain moves e.g Tactical Dodge, Air Walk  are inherently visible to the enemy player.  (certain cards are face up.)

iii) The match ends depending on conditions mentioned in 1.

Note that everyone has 2 lives. When one of your characters die you may make another character or use the same one again. However death after this is for good. Even though it may not fit the schedule of the narrative, the game may end fast. I'll make sure it all wraps up because the setting is flexible to all sorts of happenings.

No need to worry about bringing in a new character. They'll just pop up along the narrative.

5. BASE MOVE LIST

I haven't made anything yet, but it will be the same as Dystop 1 with some additions. I will take 3 suggestions of moves from you guys, and there will be fun things like Flare Up (Doubles all base states, then Quintuples all base stats. Basically shikai and then bankai.) and Flanneling (100% Cancel of any opponent move. Fun and annoying.)

Right now I have to:

Illustrate the 'game board'. Illustrate most of the slot cards including moves (simple bitmap stuff). And then finally i'll do a roll call to see who's still aboard, and then we'll start.

TL:DR. Things are progressing. Watch this space.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2013, 09:07:51 AM »
Okay. I'm done and ready to start it looks like. Can't delay any more than this. Can't improve any more than this other than actually doing stuff.

This is what you should pay attention to basically. If this were a board game this is what you'd have on your half of the board

As of now i've only made 2 power up cards.

This is a redraw of the tactical battle field. This would be on the middle of the board and you'd move a Monopoly-esque token on each empty space until you reach the maximum.  The fractions show the odds of being stopped by an attack during a transition to a higher tactical level.

And Finally the new movelist

DAMAGE - COST SHEET for Dystopic Blades MR

This is how much a move costs you and how much damage it causes. When the health is gone your character dies. The one with the higher health at the last time... we'll see what happens within the story.

ATTACKS
A is High Slash (beats Low, Upwards & Power Slash)
* 7 Stamina, 8 damage
B is Middle Slash (beats High, Low, Upwards & Downwards Slash)
* 6 Stamina, 6 damage
C is Low Slash (beats Middle, Downwards, Power & Stab)
*  6 Stamina, 7 damage
D is Downwards Slash (beats High & Power Slash)
* 5 Stamina, 9 damage
E is Upwards Slash (beats Low & Power)
* 8 Stamina, 8 damage
F is Speed Slash (beats ALL ATTACKS but Special, Dirty attack. Beats Dodge )[Only works if your fast and have more stamina])
* 4 Stamina, 6 damage
G is Power Slash (beats Middle Slash, Counter,[Very heavy on Stamina)
* 25 Stamina, 26 damage
H is Stab (beats High & Middle Slash)
* 7 Stamina, 15 damage
I is Special Move (Beats ALL Defense but Absolut Defense, Beats ALL attack). Cannot be used consecutively. Any special after the initial special is VISIBLE.
* 12 Stamina, 20 damage

DEFENSES (Which attacks they beat)

J is Counter (two use only. Beats All attacks but Power Slash & Special Move)
* (Half stamina used by enemy's attack). 5 damage*
K is Dodge (two uses only. Beats All attacks but Speed Slash)
* 5 Stamina
L is Melee (On the roll of the dice, cancels out two consecutive moves.
* 5 Stamina, 5 damage and enemy's two turns are turned into empty moves. A FAILED ATTEMPT WILL MEAN EXACTLY HALF OF YOUR HEALTH WILL GO
M is Absolut Defense (one use)
* 10 Stamina*
N is Disarm weapon
* (Looses same amount of stamina used by enemy's attack), must have higher stamina than enemy. Depends on 1/10 flip of a coin.*
O is Tactical Dodge
* 6 Stamina,  (Infinite use. Beats all but Speed and Special Attack. Adds 1 Tactical Point depending on position it may be cancelled out by another attack.)
P is Flanneling
* Stamina used = to the move your are cancelling. 100% Cancel out enemy move regardless of what it is. CAN ONLY BE USED ON A VISIBLE MOVE. CAN ONLY BE USED ONCE.
Q is to be suggested

EXTRA

R is Critical Strike (2 uses only. Your Fighter Type Crit Chance is increased by 2 e.g 1/15 becomes 1/7.5 chance of effectiveness. DIFFERENT EFFECTS FOR DIFFERENT FIGHTER TYPES)

FOR SLASHER * 15 Stamina *20 damage * +2 Tac Points * -1 Tac Points for opponent
FOR STABBER * 15 stamina *20 damage  *Reduces enemy Tac Points to 0 *Makes enemy miss 1 Move
FOR CRUSHER * 15 Stamina *23 damage * Damages Enemy Weapon by 7
FOR SHOOTER * 15 stamina *30 damage

S is Flare Up (POWER UP)
* For 1st use, X2 All Base Stats and +20 Stamina. For 2nd Use. X5 All Base Stats and +50 Stamina. For 3rd Use, X10 All Base Stats and +100 Stamina.

T is Troll (POWER UP)
* 5 Stamina, 5 Damage, (Beats All but Special, Speed and Power Attack). 1/100 Chance to Insta-kill Opponent. MISSING MEANS LOSING 3 TURNS)

W is Air Walk (POWER UP)
* No stamina cost. Increase Tac Point by 1(Beats all but Special, Speed and Power Attack)

** note that +1 tac point follows the Transition probablility rules as shown in the Tac fighting diagram.

I think i'll post these on first page
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 03:34:16 AM by reX »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2013, 09:17:24 AM »
List of Power Ups. Will be updated as they come.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 03:34:53 AM by reX »

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2013, 03:24:51 PM »
oh man, it's back.

IT'''''SSSSSSSSSSSSSS BAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2013, 03:39:47 PM »
Thanks for the enthusiasm.

I'm ready to roll now.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2013, 07:39:52 AM »
hm, i'm not quite sure i understand the board, but basically i just need to pick 5 moves, 5 power ups, and a fighter type?

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2013, 11:54:13 AM »
Use as many Power Ups as you want. Depending on if you have them. For now you have 1, which is Discernment (because you chose the skill) and this power up will be with you throughout the game. You will collect the others as you go along or you could suggest some.

Then, you choose a fighter type. However you also have to collect these too. For now you are only a Slasher type to change into.

A- Slasher [Basic dystopian. Cut's cleanly and sharply.]
(+5 Speed bonus. 1/15 chance for Critical Slice. Wins against Stabber. Cancels out Shooters. Loses against Crusher fighters... plus, you get cool windy effects.)

So to use an allegory, you wear your gloves and flex your fingers (choosing fighter type and activating power ups) and then you start the rock paper scissors (choosing 10 moves)

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
  • Bigger they come, harder they fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2013, 04:58:52 PM »
Oh lord. I love this already. Before I do anything however... Do I play as To'nok-Teh or as that Edmunt guy I thought of back in the day? I don't know if you had anything written down or in mind yet, but I'm perfectly fine in going back to the big armored warrior. It was only because I didn't quite get that we were going to play the same characters that I made Edmunt.
Bros with Legomaestro since 2010. I think.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2013, 05:03:49 PM »
Ah, i've already sent you your post as Edmunt. It's fine with what you want but the info you've given me is edmunt. To'nok'teh can be your second character if Edmunt dies. In this, everyone has 2 lives.