June 23, 2018, 02:35:22 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Dystopic Blades MR # 2  (Read 14677 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Dystopic Blades MR # 2
« on: June 02, 2012, 08:19:30 AM »
DYSTOPIC BLADES # 2: CITY 400

Read DYSTOPIC BLADES # 1 here

\\An MR Gamestory

When the sun faltered and began to die, the world was plunged into a cold chaos of a wasteland. The dying technologies and the vanishing fuels left everyone on their knees, and inevitably old traditions emerged to make up for it. And the world kept on dying.

These days, protection and survival is guaranteed only by the skill of the warriors within your ville. Dojos, castles, baracks and other places that taught the art of the sword emerged and protected their respective Villes. Waiting, surviving, training.

The days spent waiting are over.

//Previously
Spoiler
The Last Fire had been found, a powerful energy source that could power up numerous dead relics across the world.

To-nok'teh The Nightmare Knight- Black merciless double edged claymore...

Coryn The Warrior of Dimensions - Metallic, sharp and sure dual wakisashi...

Everlastin The Berserk Ninja - Black and beautiful long handled katana...

Aero, Blade of The Northern Wind - Silver decapitating wind cutting scythe...

Lego The Dark Mercenary - Black Nanometal katana...

Fabio, Heroic Soldier - Black steel moon blades...

Oran The Lone Islander - Red hilted, steel dual katana...

and A.D The Wayfarer - Chained Broadsword...

The dystopian blades rushed to claim this power source, and engaged in a battle to the death.

Coryn and Aero emerged victorious, but everyone else was dead, and The Fire did not survive the fight. Their last hope extinguished?

Maybe.

//Now

Spoiler
Coryn and Aero search for a possible Fire hidden away in the distance towards The Ravine. A gigantic canyon of ice and snow that opened up and swallowed inhabitants from thousands of villes... At the end of this Ravine is an underground city that none of them know of yet, but may soon: City 400...

A man named Hasith and a woman named Corycaly have appeared and resurrected the dead warriors. They claim that this world is not real, and that they shoud all escape before it's too late to do so.

Time ticks, and it's up to the dystopic blades to determine the end of their tale. But surely, whatever decision they make, whether in offense or defense, evil or good,  there will be blades, and there will be blood.

\\ Dystop 2

This is a Gamestory of sorts. It's a complicated rock paper scissors type of thing whereby you choose a chain of actions and pit them against your enemy and hope you survive the ordeal.

I calculate these attacks and write them in prose form, and you only get to know the outcome at the end of the chapter.

Obviously, this really depends on the amount of participants!! so i'll need your help! Unfortunately there are many 'ghost' characters in the story who I'll have to control one way of the other to keep things real-like.

As it's mostly experimental the system will not be fool proof, but I hope it'll be fun regardless of my shortfalls.

I never planned to make a sequel, so i can only hope i can keep this train going! Now. Let's FIIIIIIGHT!

MR Blades Participating

1- Lego The Dark Mercenary

2- Coryn The Warrior of Dimensions u

3- Fronomenal The Awesome One

4- Edmunt of The Blood Clan v

5- Nairbons the Perpetually Confused

6- General Paipis the Prescient u

7- Everlastin The Ruthless Assassin

8 - Musick The  Always Absent Ninja

9- Echo, The Sleeping Dog

v - victory
x - loss
u - undetermined (draw or other)
? - unknown

MAP

SLOTS

The concept of powerups is still there, but I'll tell you directly what your inventory has

Want to Sign Up?

Here is a tutorial for this madness! http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,6308.msg178991.html#msg178991

Contents

Stage Zero - Noisewind

#1 Interlude - Coryn Wanders

#2 Interlude 2 - Chilled Squid - Coryn vs monster

#3 Interlude 3 - Chilled Squid - Coryn vs monster

#4 Interlude - Fronomenal The Awesome One

#5 Interlude - Edmunt of The Blood Clan

#6 Ice Butchers - Edmunt vs Aero

#7 Interlude -Prayer, Prescience - Fronomenal, Coryn, Paipis

#8 Interlude - The Perpetually Confused - Nairbons

#9 Interlude 2 - A Garden of Legs - Nair vs bandits

#10 Our Creeds - Paipis vs Coryn vs Bandits

#11 Disconnect - NA

# 12 Disconnect 2- NA

# 13 Disconnect 3 - NA

# 14 Interlude - The Story Thus Far and The Story Betwixt

# 15 Final Chapter - Disconnect 4

Notes

First draft mode. Over time I hope to refine the chapters and still play around with the events in this particular episode in MR History. Artwise I hope I can make things richer with animated icons and such. Yeah no. That's beyond my abilities for now.

UPDATES/NEWS

25-04-14 - Setting up again...

16-05-14 - Almost up and running!

22-05-14 - Dystopic Blades has begun again. 2 free slots remaining. Let the games continue!

22-05-14 - 1 slot remains. Prompts to be sent out

24-05-14 - Bandit/Monster/Randoms movelist http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,6308.msg153958.html#msg153958

26-05-14 - Calculating new movelists, all prompts sent out.

14-06-14 - Decided to run with the current participants due to time constraints. New chapter up, currently working on chapter 10

19-06-14 - Tweaked some things e.g weapon smashers damage exactly half health

09-11-14 - Cancelled the game system due to time constraints and work load. My apologies. In any case, wrapping up Dystopic Blades soon
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 03:26:08 AM by reX »

Offline Fronomenal

• MR's Resident Drifter
  • Looking for a place to stay...
    • View Profile
Re: Dystopic Blades MR # 2
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 12:17:49 PM »
OH yeaaaaaaaaaaah! I'm definitely joining this!

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
  • Bigger they come, harder they fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 12:48:56 PM »
Nice intro! Can't wait to see what you come up with in terms of stats and movesets and stuff. I'll definitely be in!
Bros with Legomaestro since 2010. I think.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 01:19:49 PM »
That's great Toasty! Frono! I'll be up with the details in a few

Did i mention everyone's allowed to rethink their forms? Epic power ups sure are handy, no?

Offline Fronomenal

• MR's Resident Drifter
  • Looking for a place to stay...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 02:14:34 PM »
Well looks like this is going to get good with the power ups and all. Do new participants get power ups as well?

As for the theme, just what exactly are you looking for? Rock, rap, old style Japanese music?

Well I don't know if this will fit but it's the only thing I can come up with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTD3LhS7TXE

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 03:34:19 PM »
sweet! can't wait to get the ball rolling with my choices. as for music. i'll try and find you something for every occasion. meanwhile. i got to get to work.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 01:00:41 AM »
That would be great coryn

@ Frono hmm, sounds very... tropical. It gives me an idea that i should make the story a bit more fun than it's depressing undertones. I already had a sketchy idea but that's coming for sure.

So, people. Expect random ninja encounters!

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 01:03:36 AM »
i'll get ot the music tomorrow then. already have some choice sin mind. just kinda burnt out right now

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 01:05:38 AM »
Exams? Well take your time man. I'll just post this action list thing when i can.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 01:22:50 AM »
haha. no. exams ended bout 3 weeks ago. I'm exausted from manual labor in the 100 degree heat for 8 hours after running around town all morning.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 01:24:47 AM »
O.O

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 04:11:45 PM »
O.O oh awesome

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 05:15:59 PM »
Okay. First Draft.

For those who don't know, this is where i get your basic information. Originally there were fewer points than this, but i've added a few attributes to make this sequel bigger than the first. Please, participate only if your sure that your going to stick around. Chapters don't come out daily, but i've got enough ghost players as it is. Thanks.

~ I suggest copy-pasting and then editing from there in this case. Quite a lot to go through. Hope i can add it all up. This is experimental, mind you, and if things are too hectic i'll stick to Dystop 1 methods... >..> lazy guy is lazy.

Your the envoy of a dojo, a castle,  a barracks... or perhaps your solo.

So here's  the quiz. Let's get things rolling.

SECTION 1: INFO

1- What is your name? (Short and sleek, please. You can use your avatar name.)

2(i)- What are you? What's your title? (e.g I'm Lego The Dark Mercenary)

3(i) What's your goal? (This actually means "what is your first decision in the world?" Because there will be other choices to be made through the game.0

A- Capture The Last Fire
B- Fight and Defeat everyone
C- Investigate City 400
D- Investigate The Tower (Where Dystop1 happened.)

4- Choose a letter
A
B

SECTION 1B: STATS

(This is your permanent combat stats, ranging from weapon skills, health, personality, fighting styles and special abilities. Choose carefully. Without a software to do it for me all the calculations are headaches so i can't really change much mid-game.)

1- What kind of fighter are you?

~ Critical is a special attack that can be used once per fight. If succesful it will greatly reduce health in the enemy, and if your lucky the enemy will suffer a stat drop throughout the fight due to a wounded part.

A- Slasher [Basic dystopian. Cut's cleanly and sharply.]
(+5 Speed bonus. 1/15 chance for Critical Slice. Wins against Stabber. Cancels out Shooters. Loses against Crusher fighters... plus, you get cool windy effects.)

B- Stabber [Stabs. A lot.]
 (+10 Speed bonus. 1/10 chance for Critical Stab. Wins against Crusher. Loses against Slashers and Shooters. Cool stabby effects.)

C- Crusher [Uses the handle of the sword, flat side of the sword or hand/leg attacks combined with the sword]
(+ 15 Power bonus. 1/12 chance for Critical Crush. Wins against Slasher. Loses against Shooters and Stabbers: Bones. aRe.BrOkeN.)

D- Shooter [This means you can shoot projectiles in the form of energy, throw your weapon e.t.c. You can describe the method yourself, so long as you fight with your sword throughout the battle. Knees are shot repeatedly.]
(+ 1 Tactical bonus. 1/7 chance for Critical Shot. Can be used 2 times instead of 1. Wins against Crushers and Stabbers. Cancels out against Slashers.)

2- BASE STATS.

~ Okay, here's the drill. Use the points to fill in the stats. Use only 5s and 10s. You have a maximum of 45 points e.g

Health: 10
Stamina: 10
Power:10
Speed:5
Energy: 5

!!! 0 stats gives you a disadvantage. Apart from the obvious with Health and Stamina (Instant loss.)

0 Power means no blocking moves. 0 Speed means no dodging moves and any time you hit the same attack at the same time you'll lose. 0 Energy means no special attacks.

! 15 stats gives you an advantage. Apart from Health and Stamina...

15 Power gives a Crusher a 1/3 Critical chance (see fighting types.) 15 Speed gives a Slasher and Stabber a 1/3 Critical chance. 15 Energy gives you the chance to survive any huge attack. You'll be reduced to 1 health and allowed to fight some more.

3- SPECIAL STATS.

(Choose Yes or No. You can only choose 4.)

A- Handicap

(I'm left handed. etc. This makes your last move X4 powerful. However, your first 5 moves will be halved in terms of effectiveness, with the same amount of stamina used.)

B- Discernment

(You get to see 2 of your opponent's moves made in the middle of the fight. Or you get to choose which ones you want to see.)

C- Troll:

(You use this attack, and you have a 1/100 chance to completely destroy your enemy in a one hit K.O. However, if you miss, you lose 3 moves. Use attack by 'T' in action list.)

D- Absolut autodefence:

(Automatically completely cancels out Critical and Special Attacks. Only does this once.)

E- Air-Walk

(Allows you to increase Tactical points in the middle of the battle. Used by 'W' in action list. Also, walking in the air is cool.)

F- Weapon Smasher

(All attacks damage your enemies weapon. They have to suffer with that since damage is permanent in Dystopic Blades 2. Unless it's repaired.) Half damage per attack.

4. PERSONALITY

A- What will you do when you win a fight? (Show Mercy/ Kill? When you show mercy, tell me what you want to do and i'll find a way to put it into the story properly.)

B- Good or Bad? (In the end there will be sides to choose from. But don't worry, this is all MR. Canon so spoilers but... we're all going to be chilling in the city peacefully after all this is done. Regardless of what you chose.)

C- Would you call yourself a shouter or a calm talker?

D- Joker or Serious guy?

[/font]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:41:19 PM by legomaestro »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 05:51:23 PM »

SECTION 1: INFO

1- Lego
2(i)- The Dark Mercenary
3(i) What's your goal? (This actually means "what is your first decision in the world?" Because there will be other choices to be made through the game.0
A- Capture The Last Fire
4- Choose a letter
A
SECTION 1B: STATS
1- Stabber
2- BASE STATS.

Health: 10
Stamina: 10
Power:0
Speed:15
Energy: 10

3- SPECIAL STATS.
B- Discernment yes

C- Troll: yes

D- Absolut autodefence: yes

E- Air-Walk yes

To simplify things i just removed the others. Meaning no to those ones.
4. PERSONALITY
A- Kill
B- Bad
C- Calm
D- Serious