November 12, 2018, 07:26:14 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook  (Read 42848 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook
« Reply #540 on: July 12, 2018, 07:59:50 AM »
The pen has been pretty friendly with them, and there's something so fun and immediate about ink + reference literally immediately in your face instead of going on the internet and trawling for refs. Sometimes I zone out and it's pretty fun. I still haven't got the Xray thing down though so I can't build hands from memory just yet.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 12, 2018, 08:46:46 AM »
The fat bunny is probably my favorite, lol. I've been up to some gestures myself. Should probably post those, although good luck making any sense of my sketch stuff. You number yours. I overlap mine.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 12, 2018, 09:06:19 AM »
To each their own lel. I need the numbering to track my progress somehow. It encourages me a little, and I'm pretty sure I wrote '13' twice for the hands.

Oh man that bunny is the size of a small dog. I don't know if I want to pet it or eat it. So fluffy. So soft.

Offline suuper-san

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 14, 2018, 05:31:00 PM »
very nice hands, and good sketches with just the one line rather than a bunch of lines. It makes it easier to see what you are drawing. good idea for the 1000x stuff output, I'm sure you will gain something from it.

I'm pretty sure I wrote '13' twice for the hands.
So you'll stop at 999? haha :P

@mahlua sometimes we encourage each other by the fact we are posting anything at all, regardless of the actual quality :)

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 16, 2018, 08:50:34 AM »
Yeaup. Seeing peoples' processes is motivating, rather than just complete drawings appearing out of nowhere. It means the artists are not just robots that magically come up with complete drawings and stuff haha.

And lel negatori on the 999 haha.  I make the mistake all the time. I really need to organize my papers more, but I'm trying to be as free spirited as possible so that I don't need too much effort to just sit down and start making drawings.

Anyhow, here is where I'm at so far.
33/1000

70/1000

Miscounted the stick figures twice because of my disorder haha.

40/1000

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 16, 2018, 08:54:01 AM »
Good work on the figures and keeping up your pace.
And this may be a strange thing to say, but very nice fingernails. They're so aesthetically pleasing to me.

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 16, 2018, 01:33:11 PM »
You really killed it with the hands man. Good job!
Messatsu...

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 18, 2018, 02:55:04 PM »
Hands 50/1000

Feet 10/1000

Noses

Stick Figures 91/1000

Thumbnails 41/1000

[/img]

Offline suuper-san

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 18, 2018, 04:53:52 PM »
wow you've really cranked up the output consistently the last few months or so. keep it up definitely.

-good shading on the noses
-good hand poses, they are some difficult ones to get good but you're close. if you do a hand pose and you think it turned out a bit worse than the rest, try drawing it again, but break it down and draw all the individual parts separately first, finger by finger on their own. then try and draw it again and you might find that it goes better. That sometimes works for me with faces although not consistently.
-good feet too because they are harder than hands sometimes

I think maybe the thumbnails could use a bit more detail. maybe use paint fill with greys  for the shaded areas? That way your sketch lines are more distinguishable from your shaded parts.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 18, 2018, 06:01:02 PM »
Domo arigatou. The thumbnails are really dissapointing me for sure. I'm just not that into them. I'll see what I  can do about adding more contrast.

I'm using my own hand for reference, so I'm just playing around at the moment but yeah they're some grips that I'm willing to draw and redraw to really learn how to do them.

And dude, suuper you have no idea how little I wanted to draw these haha. But regimens never betray me it seems. Another nail in the coffin for inspiration.

Sigh... If I'd only been doing this since the first of the year I'd have been so far along by now dammit. I keep on forgetting that lesson of progress.

and late reply @Frono Thanks man! How goes drawing your side?

@Mahlua haha you have inadvertly complemented my finger nails muhuhahahaha. I shall now keep them as long as a vampires. Hands are fun. Pen and ink is fun. 

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 18, 2018, 07:46:52 PM »
I haven't been drawing much on my end. I've been more so focused on my writing (Bro, if you only understood how much I've been working on and obsessing over finishing "Drifter"), but I still try to draw a doodle or two to keep my mind on it. I'm gonna be transitioning to actually studying and working on my anatomy fundamentals soon, so look forward to that!

And man, your work ethic is crazy! It's no wonder you've been improving so much. Were you drawing from reference pictures you collected or were you drawing from real life? 
Messatsu...

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 19, 2018, 12:55:27 AM »
If I worried about how far along I'd be if I started sooner, I wouldn't start anything!!---Oh, wait...>.> (Is exactly in that situation).

Good on you for keeping up the work anyway. Don't forget to sometimes try to draw the right hand.

And ugh, feet. The bane of my existence. Maybe I need to be the one doing a 1000 feet. Maybe then all my characters wouldn't look like they're wearing Kingdom Hearts shoes.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 19, 2018, 05:15:30 PM »
Hahaha I've always loved those shoes. I think of them as Looney Tune Shoes. Now that I think of it, Bugs Bunny is actually a role model to me when it comes to drawings hands and feet. They were stylized so well. I'm surprised I survived not giving my characters 4 fingers.

I'm going to draw my right hand after I hit 500. So for now I'm on the left. Still too lazy to find right hands, and it's easier to just make a pose look and draw.
If I worried about how far along I'd be if I started sooner, I wouldn't start anything!!---Oh, wait...>.> (Is exactly in that situation).

Yeaup. My life forever.
Spoiler

111/1000 Stick figures

I miss drawing the real basic stick figures. They remind me so much of animating using Pivot and visiting stickfights.com that I can really imagine them in motion. Shall do more of.

46/1000 Thumbnails

Just churned them out. Didn't apply any advice. Need a bit of time before I figure out what I'm actually looking forward to improving with thumbnails. 43 is actually a depiction of a sort of star ship that is controlled by mental thought alone. No hand motions, just a glowy ring that appears around the pilots' heads and transmits their thoughts. 44 is possibly related to the image.

15/1000 Feet

55/1000 Hands

All I can say for now is drawing the thumb and index for a hand is super important. I messed up when I rotated the hand in space though so I have to figure out how the thumb looks away from camera and facing camera.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 19, 2018, 05:28:21 PM »
OMG animating stick fights in Pivot studio ME TOO MAN, SO HARD ME TOO.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 19, 2018, 05:46:53 PM »
You know Pivot?! Behold

TNT

Stick FITE

Man, there were some fun times animating stuff like this with a friend of mine.