April 17, 2024, 10:18:16 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Why there is no anime of any Inio Asano's manga  (Read 3489 times)

Offline Wonick

• Hey, let's do a manga!
    • View Profile
Why there is no anime of any Inio Asano's manga
« on: August 01, 2020, 05:03:15 PM »
I don't know if Asano answer this in an interview or something like that, but I've always asked myself why there isn't an anime of any of their mangas. I haven't read Oyasumi Punpun but I know that it's one of the most loved and better rated mangas; but just reading A Girl on the Shore and Solanin (which has a live-action movie) I feel strange that these good and famous mangas don't have an anime. What do you think guys??

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Why there is no anime of any Inio Asano's manga
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 04:45:13 PM »
I suppose there's a whole list of reasons a particular manga might not have an anime. We first have to look at it and ask if the creator even wants their work to be made into an anime. It's not impossible that they believe that what they're trying to do is best represented as a manga. We can look at both Junji Ito's stuff and Beserk for great examples of when making something into an anime might lessen the impact of a story. Both Beserk and Ito's stuff are so heavy on their artistic details that a case could be made for not transferring them to a medium they aren't suited for. It may not be the exact same thing, but it's definitely worth thinking about author intention. We can look at Jojo's Bizarre Adventure as a manga/anime that took years to get turned into a long running anime series because the creator specifically held off on doing so.

There's also just the plain fact that not every great manga will get made into an anime. For every anime that gets made there's ten more mangas and light novels jockying for a shot at being one. Even popular anime often wait years and years before getting made into one. It's all about what executives think is going to sell, not on what fans think should be made. Every anime out there is a super expensive and time consuming process, so the only things getting made into anime are safe bets.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Why there is no anime of any Inio Asano's manga
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 03:26:22 AM »
Simple market reasons yeah. I'm really surprised JOJO got adapted so faithfully. It is a super rare and much welcome gem because it enhances the manga (Something that was already critically acclaimed) soooo much.

I want to read PunPun at a point