June 01, 2020, 03:34:04 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Are you in quarantine? How are you dealing with the lockdown personally?  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
I mean sure man. We're doing sorta whatever right now, so just PM us your skype information or drop it in the Happy Hour topic and we'll try to rope you in. We usually go around 6:30-7pm eastern time, although days vary depending on schedules. The interlude show is pretty loosey goosey, so we just ask that people show up in a mood to have a good time and a fun chat.

Oh, and we also ask that you have a half decent connection and a microphone we can understand you over. We want to encourage people to come on, but if all we can hear from your end is glitching and gravel we can't make a recording happen.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 12:52:34 PM by Coryn »

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline evand498

• escapism
    • View Profile
Who should I give my Skype information too?
Have to do Day 15 for Sketch Survival

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You can send it to me. If you want to you can copy Manimal as well.

Offline Suuper-san

• Professional Overthinker
  • We'll see.....
    • View Profile
I noticed the last couple of weeks I've been going a bit downhill, feeling a lot more tired all the time, and not able to focus. I think what's getting me down is how other people are taking the lockdowns, with the protests and utter stupidity over the 5G towers and so on. So I managed to catch myself falling into depression almost immediately, and I'm doing a lot better already. Got to have a conscious effort to deflect negative thoughts. I'm a very positive person by myself but I can get affected by other peoples stress and so on.

It seems I definitely won't be working until at least September, so I'm pushing my art for a massive jump in skill. Going to try and break some records for activity and get a new routine that's bullet proof for maximum productivity.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yeah no kidding. My state just ended it's mandatory lock down for entirely political reasons (In short, the legislature was about to strip the governor of her emergency powers, which in turn would have kneecapped any response in the event of a rebound of the virus). Now it's down to the individual counties, which some are taking things seriously still, some just threw off any requirements immediately. Personally I'm gonna keep taking this seriously until it's over. Granted, I am back in the office this week (although we will be keeping minimum on site staff to keep things diversified just in case). It's good to see people again, although we are definitely uneasy still.

If it's available to you, try and get into some nature. I hit the nature trails at the lake nearby yesterday and it did worlds for my state of mind. My last week at home was really driving me up the wall. Never underestimate the power of a good green place. Even if you just take ten minutes to stare at your houseplant, humans are designed to be in nature. We find it calming at a very lizard brain level. That there is the reason the color green is associated with increased creativity.

Stay sane y'all. Remember that the real crazy anti-quarantine protesters were entirely astroturfed into existence. By and large we are all sane and taking it seriously. The biggest problem are those that just couldn't stand it anymore. Don't hate them, just pity them a little.

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
Times like this my brain actives it's defense mechanism and I become indifferent about the world and don't care about anything outside of my bubble. I certainly get stuck in my bubble but now that it's nicer it's been good to get out and make my Gundams outside or going for walks with my girlfriend. Seeing her in person again has been super nice. and doing the MR DX podcast every 2 weeks and a new podcast with some of my irl best friends every week is really great for me to just talk to my buddies you know.

I was so happy last week when the model shop opened again and just talking to the owner, talking to someone besides my family face to face again, was just great. and I'm happy to support them because they have a nice small shop. Though I got my PG Mk. II coming soon so I won't be going there for a little while. When I leave my bubble and go out then it reminds me that things still exist and there is more than my lazy hidden away area.

I have decided to go to college again this year, even if it's online I will still get the same thing basically. So this has made me feel good that something is in the future. I have been debating for many months about where I'm going to go, an office type job or an out in the world type job. I have decided I am more fit for an office type job as I've naturally had a lot of time to think about these things and I've now worked both type jobs. Not in an office but in retail so a confined space sort of job instead of outside all over. I'm gonna be 24 in less than two months so a man's gotta get real at some point here. I did a year and a bit of college 2016-17 and it was a good experience but ultimately it wasn't a path fit for me. So hopefully it'll be different this time around. 

This whole situation has had a variety of effects on me and it's given me time to think about things. Some days I'm feeling pretty lazy and some nights I just lay in bed wide awake. But Gundam the models and series have really been enhancing my life in this time. This is an interesting part of Rona Season we are now in. The toilet paper stockpiling thing is now just an episode that feels so distant and far past us and yet it makes me wonder what happened to the last few months which just zipped by.

Offline Suuper-san

• Professional Overthinker
  • We'll see.....
    • View Profile
@Coryn yeah with the lockdown lifting a bit my family and I have gone on more country walks, and sat in the garden sunbathing more as well. It really does help with relaxing.
take care going back to work!

@Manimal Yeah it's not such a bad idea to distance yourself, especially since there's nothing you can do about what you see on the news anyway it's almost pointless watching it and getting emotionally involved. I'll probably try and keep to myself a bit more in that regard.
Glad you've been getting out and about.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!