April 17, 2024, 08:22:22 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Shonen jump like book  (Read 34947 times)

Offline bossx5

• View Profile
Shonen jump like book
« on: December 01, 2019, 07:48:37 PM »
I want to plug this site everywhere but i dont wont to be the cause of trolls everywhere but my idea (i didnt know where to post this) is to make a collection of oneshots and try to market them online and say if we get a preorder of 30 physical copies we then ship them depending on cost and donate the money to the site.

My idea of hoe it would work is this, if your a writer only you post a oneshot idea and the artist draw the pages i want to stress that its for exposure only for both sides the author chose on which pages goes into the book. If and i know its a long shot but if it gets you some exposure then as a community of friends we have done our jobs.

To keep the pressure down the community votes on the first 6 oneshots to be worked that way we wont get build up and know one feels they aren't getting the attention to their stories. I knoe wr have a place just for this but i feel we have a talented group here and this is to help build drive for people like me just keeps putting it off. So if you have a story you want to write and draw but your only comfortable doing one then this hopefully will help you start.

Dont post here like i said its a place here for it but i feel its neglected not on purpose but if your like me and afraid that you don't have what it take this will ease you in it. Thanks for reading and good luck oh and if you post it their let the people here know that its part of the community lets call it book of ameteur work or BOAW.

Offline cometsan

• no. https://cometsan.hateblo.jp/
    • View Profile
Re: Shonen jump like book
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 06:28:14 PM »
looks fun! maybe smol team first?

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 12:30:13 PM »
Well Boss, you've accidentally proposed another anthology! (Surprise surprise, we do have a board for this).

But yeah, this is basically how the anthologies have worked in the past. Granted, our biggest problem wasn't getting stories to put in the anthology, but finding a place to publish it. Of course it's been years since we last made an attempt, so I'll bet that there are more options out there than there used to be for small scale printing.

I wish you the best of luck! I am certainly down to lend advice and maybe write up a little something something if I can find the time.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 03:13:07 PM »
a collab anthology huh? sounds awesome, as long as you can find enough people and get everyone to finish their stuff. I wish I could have joined in the past.
I'm up for whatever collab stuff goes on, although I'm technically on the VN, so I don't want to start another thing on top of that being unfinished. (Need to give that a glance while I'm on holiday from work too)
So I can't guarantee anything haha
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!