April 18, 2024, 07:34:33 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Hi! Experienced artist looking for more help.  (Read 2354 times)

Offline Kagayaki-hime

• View Profile
Hi! Experienced artist looking for more help.
« on: March 17, 2019, 04:59:50 AM »
Hi, everyone. I was taught how to draw from a very early age, and I wanted to be a cartoonist ever since elementary school. I went to the Art Institute to study media arts and animation, but I quit. I then went to finish up community college, but then I quit. I’m done with the American school system for the rest of my life, and I really don’t want to send any children I may have there, if I can help it.

I suffer from PSTD, depression, OCD, borderline, and generalized anxiety. My OCD affects my creativity and my daily activities a lot.

-My most liked J-media is at the moment, Sailor Moon, the Yu-Gi-Oh series, Osomatsu-san, Love Live, Vocaloid, Death Note, and the Kingdom Hearts series. I’m actually finding a lot of things wrong with everything I watch these days, and I watched a lot of stuff from the late 90’s to 2010’s. I usually like series and characters that are less popular. I like character designs that are a bit weird, but expressive. I like storylines that make me think about life, philosophy, and how others should treat each other.

-My favorite live action show is Drunk History.

-My favorite movies are Disney movies, Titanic, and Breaking Dawn part 1 and 2. Bad choices, I know.

To be honest, I hate reading. I get bad memories from elementary school about my reading abilities. I really try to avoid book snobs like the plague. Most of what I do read is non-fiction and news articles.

I don’t ever talk about music. Everywhere I go, there’s a music elitist. It brings me back bad memories about the relentless bullies in high school that only picked on my music tastes and my ugliness.

-My previous Deviant Art accounts were Yami-Dorkus, and then AmaiMochi. I haven’t been to Deviant Art for three years. It’s been a toxic place.

My Instagram is kagahime.

*Link removed* This is my facebook page.

I’m drawing a little after not wanting to draw for years because of my personal issues, and a lot of other experiences that happened to me along the way. I’m still not a professional after all these years, and I never went around to drawing the idea that I had since junior high/high school. I’m afraid that it’s too similar to other series that became popular, but I can’t think of anything else.

I don’t have all the tools I need right now. I’m living on my own, and it’s hard for me to afford anything but the basic needs. I’m trying as quickly as I can, but I’m worried that my work isn’t going to look as refined as I want.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 07:17:17 PM by Kagayaki-hime »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Hi! Experienced artist looking for more help.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 09:18:23 AM »
Welcome to MangaRaiders Kagayaki!

Sorry, but I had to remove your link. We don't allow outside links until you've made 25 posts, but you're more than welcome to put it into your signature!

Art is a long road, so please feel free to post some of your work by making a gallery topic for yourself! We have people here of all skill levels, so you won't be judged for no matter what level you find yourself at.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Action Animation

• Towards the dream we share.
    • View Profile
Re: Hi! Experienced artist looking for more help.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 01:46:55 AM »
" I never went around to drawing the idea that I had since junior high/high school. I’m afraid that it’s too similar to other series that became popular, but I can’t think of anything else."

this mindset plagues many creative minds ^^

and sadly its digs so deep many storys are left untold^^

there is a fine line between a Reskin and similaritys

a reskin is just a story told in the exact same way as a existing story but only
name
locations
powers

renamed or altered in a very small way that changes nothing

basically is a story that takes another story but calling it your own

a similar story
is just a tale told in your own way with elements of what you loved in other storys put on paper

for example
if you like Fairy Tale's feeling of family and Guild quests
then just use those elements

create a cast of charaters that feel real and have chemistry with one another

the guild quest is just a excuse to go on adventures

so then you would just have to write a goal for your MC to travel
could be to just help others along the way
could be to discover parts unknown
could be to solve something of the past

who knows

having a original idea does not ensure success in fact most new ideas try to hard to display what they are

and forget to display who their cast even is

leaving them with no character and above all

boring ^^

me personally, as long as the cast is enjoyable to follow and make me invested

i don't care if its in the most cliche generic story that every exist

it will always be better then a brand new idea but with a cast I don't care to find-out if they succeed or fail

but thats just me^^   

-Action