November 22, 2017, 04:25:39 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Poll

Which story had better writing?

Chaos' "Demon Slayer Hedy"
3 (100%)
Hikari's "1%"
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: September 16, 2017, 11:23:37 AM

Author Topic: Chaos V Hikari!!! (3 written chapters) Genre: Supernatural  (Read 694 times)

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
Chaos V Hikari!!! (3 written chapters) Genre: Supernatural
« on: August 26, 2017, 11:23:37 AM »
Just a friendly match up. As stated above the submissions will happen in 7 days. The poll will end 2 weeks after the chapters are posted. Obviously we ask that you don't vote before the chapters are posted but I doubt anyone will. May the better writer win :tongue: :tongue:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 11:26:34 AM by Hikari »

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos V Hikari!!! (3 written chapters) Genre: Supernatural
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 02:54:34 PM »
Alright, we will post brief synopsis' of each work just so y'all know what you are in for. Should be up in a sec

Offline Chaos297

• The Crossest Kitsune in Scotland
  • Aiming for a series in Weekly Shonen Jump
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 05:12:08 PM »
This is the Synopsis of Demon Slayer Heady the first 3 chapters of which will be posted on the stated date.

Demon Slayer Hedy is the Story of Hedy Brandt, an apprentice Demon Slayer from the Brandt Demon Slaying Clan.
Seven years prior to current events she was involved in an ambush by a small army of Demons whom murdered many of the next generation of Demon Slayers including Hedy’s older Sister Bertha Brandt and scared Hedy with PTSD as well as awakened her savant abilities.
Seven years onward Hedy and some other skilled apprentices as well as a team of adults go on a training mission which quickly turns ugly leading to Hedy and her group being stranded in another world with a major Demon Problem.
Hedy and her instructor whom was her late sisters mentor must find their now scattered comrades and find a way home and deal with the many Demons infesting the other world called Antheria and hopefully save both worlds from horrors that threaten both worlds futures.

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 06:48:26 PM »
Now that I see both... they are actually quite similar XD. they split off after a bit but at the start I can see them following a similar path

And the synopsis of 1% is:

Mirai was an abused child. His mother and father were terrible people that let their frustrations out on him. When his younger sister Chiyuki was born he took it upon himself to not let them harm her, he carried Chiyuki to a nearby orphanage where they lived for many years… their parents never once announced them missing. Meanwhile, the Vatican order bases throughout the world to fight demons including the worst of the bunch, The dream eaters… Baku. They have traced a highly dangerous Baku to a small town in Japan. These two stories will intertwine. A tale of misfortune.

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 06:03:34 PM »
Aight its time. I'll open voting in an hour. Chaos shall upload shortly. Chapters will need to be in seperate posts.

Spoiler
1%

Chapter 1

In the dead of night, evil lingers and searches for something to quench its bloodlust.

Evening, crumbling bricks lay upon each other, history turning to dust. The dying sun seeps the suburbs in an orange glow. The air is stained with the smell of fresh blood. “4471, put me through to HQ” says a shadowed figure stood in the cracks of sunlight. “…Yes, the mission is going well ma’am. We’ve taken down all of the threats… yes… understood, we’ll head back as soon as transport becomes available, addio (goodbye)”. The shadowed figure lowers his arm and turns. “Alright, looks like that’s our job done” another figure walks around the corner “about time, sick of dealing with these freaks”. “A job’s a job Claudia. Well then lets head on out, maybe we’ll get a big promotion this time. How about we get a room tonight, and head out in the morning?” the man gests “yeah you wish” Claudia smirks as she walks away. The two begin to walk together, behind them a small figure appears, coloured charcoal with crimson eyes, it speeds off into the breaks of the walls.

Further into the town is a small orphanage. Inside, a small front desk in the middle of the room with pictures surrounding the walls. Pictures of former residents come and gone, arrived alone and scared, yet they leave with family, smiling all the way. Though this isn’t always the case. Sat at a large table in one of the rooms, are the current faculty and residents of the orphanage. A young man sits in the centre of the crowd, one of the staff brings in a birthday cake with 18 candles stood atop, shining brightly. She places the cake in front of the young man. He smiles happily while the children sing Happy Birthday to him. The sound of laughter and chatter echo throughout the halls.

It is dusk now. The children sleep quietly, and the building sits silently. One young staff member washes the dishes of the party earlier, she spots a young man in the corner of her eye but continues to clean the plates and utensils. “Can’t sleep?” she asks, “Chi keeps waking me up” he responds. “I see.” The boy walks to the sink, grabs a towel and begins to dry the clean plates. The two stand quietly cleaning for a few moments. “Thanks, for today.” He says, “It was the kids that set it all up. You don’t need to thank us Mirai, you are like an older brother to them… I’m just sorry I can’t do anything else”. “It’s not your fault, the government only funds this place for under 18’s, I knew this day would come.” Mirai responds, “So what are you gonna do from now on? You’ve got quite a lot of hard work ahead of you what with Chiyuki going with you” Mirai places the last of the clean plates down and turn around, leaning his lower back on the table top and crossing his arms. “Well I’ve already sorted out the apartment and Chi’s school. Not the best neighbourhood but it was cheap enough. I’m gonna try and be a cop so I’ll be doing part time jobs while training. Should give us some leeway” “It’ll be stressful having to work and look after her, we can keep her here until she is old enough if you want” “no, I’ve gotta look after her, after all I’m the only family she has left.” The staff member turns quickly to look at Mirai “It isn’t your responsibility! You did what you had to… you need to live for yourself”. “Thanks for the advice. I’ll keep it in mind” Mirai fills a cup he cleaned earlier with water then begins to walk away. He turns back and lift his cup “Night”.

This was how it all began. I had come to terms with having to leave another family, this one stung much more. But behind the scenes, there was more pain waiting for me.

It is now morning. About 8am, the orange light brightens the land. Mirai is outside of the orphanage with around 4 suitcases all battered and aged. The entrance is filled with young children trying to keep their weary eyes open, as well as the limited staff members. “So that’s everything bar sleeping beauty” Mirai remarks. “Never has been a morning person that Chiyuki” one of the female staff members responds. A small girl around 9 years of age rounds the corner in the hallways clutching a small bear. “Come on Chi, we need to get going soon” says Mirai. The young girl stumbles down the stairs, still trying to wake her body. Chi grabs her brothers hand and turns to face the entrance. The female staff member that spoke to Mirai the night before walks towards the two. “Remember that if you need ANYTHING, come back here. You will always be our family”. She hugs both, remembering the 8 years that she had spent with the two as if they were her own. “Of course,” Mirai stares at the children in the entrance and remembers his time at the orphanage. “Thank you, everyone. You have no idea how much you have helped us since we came here… through the darkest and happiest moments of our lives you were there for us. To all of you… good luck and I hope that soon you’ll have great families with loving parents and a warm home to stay.” The children one by one see to the two and say their goodbyes to their eldest brother and their sister until they turn and walk away.

Now further into the city, Mirai and Chiyuki arrive at their new apartment. They walk into the empty room, stains on the brick walls that had clearly been there a while alongside the cracks. Dust and cobwebs cover the ground. Mirai had worked hard for this small apartment close to work and on the same street as the newly built school Chiyuki had recently transferred to. “Bit of a fixer upper, huh?” Mirai says as he carries the bags of their belongings. Chiyuki simply nods to his question and sets off to look at the other rooms. “We’ll be here for a while so bear with it for now. I’ll keep looking for a better place when I can” Chiyuki continues to walk around the hallways and the rooms, getting used to her new home. “Alright, let’s get to business” Mirai says to himself looking determined “…or maybe after five minutes” he drops to the ground slowly with an exhausted look on his face, Chiyuki walks over to him. “Nii” Chiyuki says in a quiet and soft voice, he looks up at her. Chiyuki hugs her brother but accidentally headbutts him, its super effective.

Meanwhile in the city. “Antonio! Andiamo! (let’s go!) We should have been there an hour ago!” Claudia hurries up the steps she was facing before. She walks through to the room with Antonio in. he is sat on the bed facing the floor. “Antonio! Muovi il culo (get off your ass), we’ll miss the- what?”. “I got a call, Claudia… We missed one.”

It is night now. In their new apartment, Mirai has set up a small wooden table with two chairs, a beaten up three seat sofa and two single beds in the bedroom with Chiyuki’s help. Their quilts and pillows taken from their former beds in the orphanage. The two lie in their beds, they are facing towards each other. The room is quite large so they are a fair distance away. “I’ll see if we can afford a wall in the morning. For now, get some sleep it’s gonna be a long day”.

“What do you mean we missed one, they said we got them all the other day!” Claudia says while trying not to scream in rage. “They said it was a technical malfunction, the radar just missed it” Antonio replies “Per l’amor di dio! (For god’s sake!) we were supposed to be home already!” Claudia pauses then turns back to Antonio with her arms stretched out wide and sighs loudly “so, where is it? Let’s just get it out of the way”. “in the city, apparently its close by here.” Antonio stands and walks to the gear hung up on the wall. “One more for the records” the two move out quickly.

They marched forward into the abyss not knowing what might happen. I however, spent the next few weeks studying and working part time. I would wake up and get Chi ready for school, go to work and study during breaks. I’d pick Chi up and rush back to work until I could go home so I could feed us. It was difficult, but I knew it was what I had to do. After a while I started getting used to it. My body ached and I battled my own eyes to stay awake, but my body moved on its own. Day after day until I got time to rest. Today was a good day though, at least I thought it was.

Mirai is mixing together ingredients in the kitchen. “Chi? You wanna come with me to the store or stay here?” Chiyuki pokes her head around the corner. “Stay” she replies timidly “alright, I’m only going for some sugar so I won’t be long. Don’t answer the door, I’ll take the keys.” Mirai says as he finishes putting a pot in the small oven “also don’t go near the oven, dinner should be almost cooked when I get back so leave it as it is”. Mirai grabs his keys and wallet, he puts on a small jacket and grabs an umbrella. “See you in a sec”, Mirai leaves the apartment and locks the door. He then opens the umbrella and sets off down the street.

It was raining that night; the forecast was clear skies yet it was almost like a storm. A very ominous night indeed.

Claudia and Antonio remain in the city. They are in Antonio’s room. “How many more are they gonna keep failing to find?! I’m sick of this crap Antonio!” Claudia shouts “We should have finished this job two months ago yet HQ keeps suddenly finding more of them?!” Antonio who was sat on the bed, stands and tries to comfort Claudia “I know, Claudia but there’s nothing we can do. It was an order from the council, we can’t just leave this” “Then why don’t they send us help?! Why are we forced to take down the threat on our own?!” “You know how stretched thin we are already, there’s no way they could send more troops here for such a weak target. Give it time mio dea (my goddess), we’ll have the system sorted and we can go home” Claudia stares at Antonio, she leans closer to him “one more and then I’m done. I don’t care if I get punished, I’m going home” “That’s good enough for me” Antonio responds. Antonio’s pocket vibrates. “Speak of the devil, let’s see where we are next… Antonio.” The call can be heard clearly. It was a call they didn’t want “Antonio, we have movement… in two locations.” “Two? Great that means we are splitting up…” Antonio says but is cut off at the end “No! You can’t split up!” Silence fills the room. “…There are about 15 in the city, 14 are in the same place none of them are over class 2… the other one is a class 5”. “HOW THE HELL DO YOU MISS A GOD DAMN CLASS 5?! DEFICIENTE!! (Moron)” Claudia screams. “It’s not our fault! The equipment just keeps freaking out, we’ve literally tried everything to fix it as well as install a new system completely but nothing works!”. “Where is the class 5?” Antonio asks with his hand to his head “That’s the thing. We know the locations but they keep swapping positions. One minute they are at spot A the next they change. We can tell you the locations but not what will be there. We’ll send back up immediately, they’ll be at the sites in an hour so take down as many as you can. Good Luck”. The call ends. “What are we supposed to do, Antonio?! We’ve never beat a class 5 on our own before” Claudia stumbles on her words due to panic “we beat one when we were rookies. Yes, we may have had HER help but we were still green back then. With us being as experienced as we are now we can handle a class 5 together. We just have to stick together and stay focussed.  That call… bound two worlds, two stories together.

Mirai arrives at the store. It is dark outside, but the rain continues to fall drowning out all other noise. Mirai picks up a brown paper bag, inside sits the sugar he had needed alongside some snacks. “That should keep Chi happy for a while. Mirai puts the bag on the counter after walking from one of the aisles. The counter is unmanned. “Hello?” Mirai looks behind the counter and to the open door to the right. No one in sight. “that’s odd. Where is everyone? It’s a good job I’m not a thief otherwise they’d lose their stock.” Mirai says to himself while looking around the shelves.  Suddenly a strange noise echoes in Mirai’s head, small yet sinister. He didn’t know why but it made the hair on his neck stand, he turned out of instinct... nothing there. Mirai who was admittedly a little scared almost seemed disappointed “…could’ve sworn there was somethi- “Mirai looks down and notices a small black fur ball hiding behind one of the shelves. It seems to be interested in Mirai but is cautious. Mirai kneels down looking at the small creature “hey little guy, was that sound just then you? You gave me quite the shock” The small being walks slowly towards Mirai but backs off when Mirai moves. “It’s ok, I’m not gonna hurt you” Mirai takes one of the snacks in his bag, breaks off a small piece “Hope the owner don’t mind me using this before I paid” Mirai stretches his arm towards the creature with the crumb in hand. The creature waits until Mirai’s hand stops moving and cautiously moves closer. Everything slows, until the door opens and Antonio rushes in. His arm moves as if he is something at Mirai but nothing leaves his hand. The small being explodes milliseconds after Antonio moved, almost like Antonio killed it. Mirai jumps back, he had no idea what happens but knows that Antonio killed the creature. “Wha- What the hell?! What did you do?! Who are you?!” Antonio rushes over to Mirai “Are you hurt?! Can you stand?!” “No, I’m not hurt. Why would I be hurt?” Mirai asks, confused by the question and the situation. “That thing, is called a Baku. It’s a dangerous creature that eats dreams” Antonio explains, “That was dangerous? Didn’t look like it” “That’s because it was a class 1. They are small and quick but they are also extremely weak. They need to get in close and hit your vitals to take you down so staying back and having good aim makes it easy.” Mirai seemingly doesn’t believe him. “The bad news is that they hunt in packs so that’s likely not the only one in here. Claudia! Spot anything?”. Claudia’s voice is heard behind the door Mirai looked through earlier. “5 of em down in here” Mirai now wondering where the weirdos are coming from. Antonio stands and helps Mirai up. “Alright let’s clear this place up then head to the next location. Run home kid, it’s not safe here”. “What about the owners? What happened to them?” Claudia walks through the door still looking around the store for another Baku. “Well the good news is that there’s no bodies or blood so either they got away in time or…” “Or what?” Mirai asks, hoping that it’s a good pause. “Or they were taken” Antonio cuts in whilst destroying a Baku “Taken where?” “we have no idea. No one who disappears after being attacked is found. They could be alive somewhere or just dead. The Baku take a hold of you and eat your soul, your dreams. Once you lose them you disappear. Its something the Vatican cannot explain” Claudia shudders slightly as she talks. Antonio finishes off another Baku and checks his map. “Alright, we should be done soon, get ready for the next one” “Next one? There are more of those things?” “Just one, it’s a tough one too. I’d avoid that new school if I were you” “Why?” Mirai asks “because it’s on that street.”. Mirai stands silent. Antonio is confused by the silence and looks at him “kid?”. “Chi!” Mirai runs out of the store.

Mirai is close to the house but is followed closely by Antonio and Claudia who defeated the first zone of Baku shortly before Mirai left. Claudia catches up to Mirai and tackles him to the ground. “What the hell are you doing?!” “We told you not to go anywhere near here! There is another Baku around” Claudia explains. “So, what?! You said it was just one, even I could beat one of them!” “No, you couldn’t. Firstly, even against a first class you would be mortally wounded and trust me kid that is the best-case scenario. Secondly, what’s down there is a class 5. Class 1’s are easy to kill for us but those things are a whole other ball game. A class 5 needs the minimum of 3 well trained soldiers to take them down.” Mirai is quiet for a few seconds. Claudia stands him up “If that thing needs three people then what are you two supposed to do?” “We said 3 well-trained soldiers. We’ve been trained by the best soldier the Vatican has ever produced, Valkyrie Maria. What’s more, we’ve taken one down in the past.” Claudia lists the skills they have. “None of that matters anyway. We told you that you shouldn’t head here and you made a B line straight for it. You got a death wish or something- ““My sister is on this street! Our apartment is literally across the road from the school” Mirai cuts Claudia off. “I understand your worry but surely your parents would have gotten her out, right?” “We don’t have parents. I’m her guardian.”

After what they were told, Antonio and Claudia deliberate. When they finish they walk over to Mirai. “It’s too dangerous for you to be here. But it’s also dangerous for us to do a rescue mission while that thing is still alive. Go somewhere you can stay, anywhere away from here. When we kill that thing, we’ll look for your sister.” Antonio stares into Mirai’s eyes hoping that he will listen. “Bu- ““No, we can’t be keeping you safe while dealing with that thing. I’m ordering you to move. Now!”. Mirai is stopped no matter what. Antonio and Claudia search through the houses in the street for the Baku. Usually civilians wouldn’t be affected during a Baku attack unless they are directly targeted… but class 5’s are very different. They are a natural disaster and it never stops until it is dead. Luckily the Vatican, who are the main force that fight the Baku, can stomp out the passage of information. The public have no idea about the existence of Baku. They only know when it is too late. Antonio and Claudia have one remaining building left to search, the apartment building Chiyuki is in. They steel themselves, preparing for a fight they know may injure them heavily. Mirai hides around the corner against the orders on Antonio. As the two soldiers enter the building and clear the first 2 floors, Mirai follows them. He is happy to see that their apartment cleared, he enters the room making sure that nothing is close by. Chiyuki is nowhere to be seen, Mirai searches the entire place but there is no sign of her. “If she’s not here she’s gotta be on the third floor” Mirai leaves the apartment, Antonio and Claudia are stood outside the room. “uh… hi” “I told you to leave! Do you have any idea how much trouble you put yourself in, not to mention us?! Look. If that thing finds us right now there is a really big chance that one of us is- “the room goes quiet. But in that one moment, the aura changed. The air was heavy, heat disappeared and for some reason fear took over yet there wasn’t anything to fear… blood. The next moment in that time, all I could see was blood. The class 5 dropped down through the ceiling behind Claudia and Antonio, it just stood there. The ash coloured fiend, its blood red eyes that took over anything trapped in its gaze. It was smiling, as if it was excited. Antonio and Claudia turned but it was too late… their heads were already rolling. I couldn’t move, I was like a terrified deer in a wolf’s den… in its arm, Chiyuki.

My brain moved a mile a minute, and my body began running before I could comprehend. “CHIYUKI!” she struggled, staring at me panic. I don’t know how but my mind turned off, my body moved on instinct. The Baku noticed me and swung its free arm in my direction, it should have decapitated me but my knees buckled for a moment enough for me to fall and dodge. I kept running, evading every hit. The impatient beast swung but hit a wall before it could connect, I jumped at the opportunity and dashed forward. Inches away from her. It seemed so easy, both its arms occupied and I was so close. I wish in that moment I didn’t get taken over by confidence because it let my guard completely down, the Baku’s jaws wrapped my left shoulder, digging in and putting immense pressure on my inner circuits. There wasn’t any pain, the adrenaline blocked that out but the frustration and fear never stopped. It was the end to everything, I was going to die here. But I couldn’t let her go. The Baku took me out of its mouth into its palm and proceeded to once again open its mouth. I wasn’t being bit nor was the Baku squeezing me in its hand but I felt my life being taken, that’s when I saw a translucent beam coming out of Chi and me. It was eating our dreams, I remembered Antonio and Claudia’s words “Once you lose them, you disappear”. I couldn’t let that happen.

I struggled as much as my body could handle, breath leaving my lungs as grunts. I was giving my everything… and before my eyes, Chi’s beam disconnected from her. Her hair turned snow white and her eyes lost their shine. “CHIYUKI!!!!!!!!!!!!” she stretched her arm out to me “nii” she shattered, evaporated… disappeared. I lost her, I failed her. No words would leave me but tears flowed like waterfalls. “I failed her… I was supposed to keep her from harm, I was supposed to keep her safe.” My thoughts took over, my own hair like Chiyuki’s began to lose its colour “What was all of this for? I took her from them to keep her safe, I failed to get her a proper family, I even took her to her very end. It’s all my fault… its all my fault” I didn’t care that I was fading, in fact I welcomed it. I didn’t deserve to live. “You would give away your own life for nothing. Your parents abused you and your sister, you did your best to find a family to adopt you but nothing worked, you even tried to take responsibility and they took her. No, you didn’t fail… the world failed you” this voice wasn’t a stranger, it was me and the energy I felt leave me, once again took over my body. My rage moved me. I felt my muscles rip and my bones break as I punched the air. It should have missed, it didn’t. The Baku flew backwards as I hovered in the air. I couldn’t think, all I saw was darkness. An aura took over me, and it pushed me forward. The Baku struck me but I didn’t slow, in fact I moved faster I hit harder. I obliterated the Baku with a barrage of hits yet to this day I can’t clearly remember stopping. It died but my blood still boiled. I heard footsteps, it was the backup that Antonio and Claudia had been told would arrive in an hour. I attacked, my mind was still grasped with rage. The woman in the front stopped me with one finger, effortlessly. “My my, look at this place. Kingsley, deal with their bodies.” A man in the back rushed over to the corpses. “You did this? Impressive, but a little too primitive for me. Still, we could use more recruits. Follow me boy, I will help you find your sister” with those words, my consciousness returned. I was broken and beaten down, fading. “who, are you?” I said faintly “Maria Rossi, captain of the 3rd Battalion. Leader of the Japanese branch, Sandman. Welcome to our organisation, Shounen (Young man). I passed out. This, was the start of my quest… my path to find Chiyuki and bring her back.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 06:06:00 PM by Hikari »

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 06:06:35 PM »
Spoiler
Chapter 2

I woke in a small carriage, it was dark but strands of light passed my eyes. Beautiful blonde hairs encapsulating my vision and commanding me to search for their source. I still believed I was dreaming, or dead. She looked down at me with her hand on my face… she was angelic, almost like she was sent from heaven to me. “Welcome back, shounen” she said, her voice soft and soothing. I sat up trying to regain my composure, “Where am I?” My memories of the previous few hours missing from my mind, “You are in my personal carriage. We are headed back to headquarters” “Headquarters?” I asked still trying to remember what happened, while also trying not to stare too much. “Indeed. The Japanese branch of the Vatican, Sandman” The name jolted my mind and I once again saw the scene of Chiyuki disappearing before me. “Chi!” my arm stretching out to try and grab the phantom in my head, I felt nothingness and my tears once again escaped. Maria pulled me close “Calm down, Mirai.” “I couldn’t save her! I-I killed her! It was my fault!” the pain coiling around my heart. “No one your age could fight off a baku. There was nothing you could do in that situation” even hearing her words didn’t heal me. I calmed down after about an hour, though Maria never let me out of her arms during that time”. I was staring out of the back of the carriage. We must have been travelling for a few hours so I was clueless as to where the headquarters was based. “So, how did you know my name?” I asked Maria who was reading through some reports, she wore small glasses with golden frames, she glanced up to me “I looked through some of the paperwork in your apartment. Quite the history you have, leaving home to protect your new-born sister from an abusive mother and father, lived in an orphanage for around 8 years, attacked by multiple Baku and finally drafted into the Vatican. Not the best start” “So much for protecting her” I added. “Well, rejoice. Starting today you work under me. Train hard Shounen and you will see your sister again”. The words she spoke shocked me “How would I be able to see her again?” “Baku don’t always kill immediately. They transport most but as you already know, we have yet to figure out how or where to. Fight as my soldier and help me find where their hostages are… then you will reunite with your sister”.

Her words gave me a new ambition, a new reason to live. The carriage stopped in the countryside. Fields of crops as far as the eye could see. There were 3 buildings around which seemed to be farm houses. We exited the carriage, a small shack greeted us. Maria thanked the driver and he drove to one of the farms. I had been placed in a stretcher thanks to the injuries I sustained. We first visited the doctor, I stayed in the infirmary for a few hours trying to sleep. When I woke I had difficulty walking but I wanted to see my new home. We walked towards the door and Maria pulled some levers, the door opened. We walked around the base until we reached a large staircase leading down. Underneath, a mistakenly large base. It was filled with technology I had never seen before and several other rooms attached to the main hall. These rooms were the bedrooms for the soldiers and scientists of Sandman. I spoke with various people though I didn’t quite know what they meant half the time. After a little while Maria escorted me to my room, it was a regular spare that they had since the last occupant lost his leg… and his head. “Room 16, keep a note of it. Here you go” Maria passed me the key.

We then headed to Maria’s personal chambers, a large room but I had expected as much for the base leader. Inside were three smaller rooms, a bedroom which was closed, a bathroom and an office. We entered the office, there she let me know some basic rules of the base. “Keep it in mind and you should be fine. Now about your training regime.” Maria pulled a piece of paper out of her desk and began writing. “You will have general training in the mornings from 8am until 11am. There is also optional training starting at 1pm, you can leave when you want. Though you will have training with me from 8pm until 12am.” “You train people as well? Must be quite tiring considering the other stuff you do around here”. I had seen the tasks set for Maria before. She would monitor where her soldiers were in the country, she would run reports of how well a soldier was performing and making suggestions to improve them. She would keep tabs on the different levels of experience her soldier held, making judgements on who would go on which mission sent into the Vatican. She looked after the costs of the base, making sure that we didn’t overspend but also treating her staff if there was money to do so. The Vatican also held bi-monthly meetings that all zonal captains would have to attend no matter the circumstance. With all of this, I was extremely surprised that she even had the time to consider helping training sessions. “I choose my students, any that are trained directly by me are my apprentices. I have only trained a handful of fighters. Try not to get excited but I only choose people that I have an interest in. You are the only person I am training currently. I told you in that wreckage, fight alongside me and I can make you something special, I can help you find your sister”. Maria had confidence in her voice, she truly believed that there was something special in me, something that she could harness as a weapon. “Enough of that. For now, head on down to the dining hall, I’ve got people for you to meet. And make sure that you get some sleep, you have a long day ahead of you tomorrow.” Maria stood as she spoke and moved some papers around. “Thank you, for all of this” I said as I faced towards the door “You gave me a new home, food, shelter. You’ve even given me a new purpose. I’m not sure how, but I will repay you one day” I felt arms wrap around me “repay me by finding your sister and becoming my greatest student”. She let go and again started to search for files on her cluttered desk.

I headed down the corridors, checking the signs attached to the roof for directions, thinking about what my life would soon entail. I was nervous, scared even. To think that I would fight those things again… I wondered how I would even be able to survive. But I knew it was something I had to do, Chiyuki was still out there and the thought of her lost and alone, surrounded by Baku boiled my blood. Maria had saved my life and had even taken me this far, I couldn’t let her down. I reached the dining hall a couple of minutes later, the room had several tables with people dotted around them. Two people sat at a table look at me stand and walk over to me, one was a girl, she was wearing what looked like some form of uniform I wasn’t familiar with. The other was a boy dressed casually, he wore a simple white t-shirt with dark brown suspenders. His pants were slightly battered but as fashion was never my forte I assumed it was the new thing. His hair was short, brown and well kempt. “Excuse me? Are you Mirai?” the boy asked “yeah, I am” I replied. The two smiled and greeted me “Ah good. I’m Kawahara Rikou, nice to meet you” I shook his hand “I’m Luna, welcome to Sandman”. “Thanks. How did you guys know my name?” I asked “Oh, Miss Rossi assigned us as your guides. We are to show you each function of the base and answer any questions you may have”. When we arrived at the base, I was only shown the main hall, the accommodation and Maria’s office. I had yet to see what more Sandman had to offer. “First is everyone’s favourite part of the base, the dining hall. In here we have trained chefs from the Vatican who put out various meals each day. The menu changes all the time but you can sometimes ask for a specific meal that’s not on the menu, they will consider it.” Luna explains. “You will also notice the variety of foods from other cultures due to the variety of nationalities in the base” Rikou adds. It had caught my attention much earlier, Antonio and Claudia, Maria Rossi and now Luna. Names that most definitely were not of Japanese heritage. “About that, how come there are so many Gaijin (Foreigners) here?” “The Vatican usually picks out where to send new recruits. We don’t really get anybody applying for a job so if there is a vacancy in a base then a new soldier will move to said command post. You luckily filled the role of someone from the branch in your country.” To avoid widespread panic across the globe, the Vatican makes sure that witness’ don’t talk. This means that there aren’t many people applying for jobs. The main way to gain soldiers was to try and recruit victims who survived Baku attacks or through witnesses who want to fight. Because of this we usually have quite a few gaps in a battalion. The staff that work on the radar are pretty much just a bunch of saps looking for a steady job. They are helpful but boy are they surprised when they see the place, even better when they see what they are tracking. “There’s no need to worry about costs here either, meals are free so long as they are during breakfast, lunch and dinner hours, snacks cost you. Go ahead and order something. We’ll tour the base after that.” We sat down and ate together. I learned quite a lot about the functions of the base, and quite a bit about Rikou and Luna. Rikou’s father is a high standing member in the Vatican. His father travels around the zones aiding in difficult fights and delivering messages directly from the pope. Luna and her family lived on the streets, one day they saw a household attacked by a bunch of Baku. When Sandman found them, they recruited Luna and helped her family into a home of their own. “So, what brought you here, Mirai? Miss Rossi told us to help you out but she didn’t explain your circumstances” Luna asked “Well, it’s a long story. Basically, my younger sister was taken by the Baku, I’m working to try and save her” I explained. “Sorry to hear about that. But you are in good hands here”

After we had journeyed around the base, talking and laughing… and eating too much. We headed back to the rooms. They were quite simple in structure, there were two different pathways, to the left was the boy’s rooms and the right lead to the girl’s side. High standing members of the base had larger rooms closer to where they needed to be. I waved goodnight to Luna and then Rikou before entering my room. It was mostly empty, but this was to be expected. My belongings were destroyed just a day ago. The bed was basic but fit its purpose. I also had a small desk and chair, a wardrobe as well as a drawer set. Inside the wardrobe was a black uniform with a golden cross featured on the wrists and collar. It was the uniform that Luna had been wearing earlier with slight tweaks. “Gonna need to go and buy some extra clothes… suppose I’ll mention it to Maria” future reference, I asked Maria, she bought some for me, terrible idea that lady is evil.

The morning after, I entered training, I didn’t do much as I spent a good chunk of it in the infirmary due to my injuries from the first night though it was still gruelling. In the first few weeks it was mainly muscle building and tests. After that we learned about the main weapon the Vatican utilised to fight the Baku. “During the dark ages, we couldn’t fight at all. It would take 10 soldiers to fight one class 3. But, we found our light. One man fought 13 class 5’s on his own to save his soldiers, his willpower took over and damaged them. The very thing that Baku take away from us, is their greatest weakness. We realised that we couldn’t use this power effectively though, that’s when we turned to the legendary Italian inventor Leonardo Da Vinci. He created receptacles that would host and amplify our will into weapons. There are extremely rare cases of people who do not need this amplifier but they only ever gained this ability through severe rage, sadness or happiness. After they calm, the power leaves them, no one has retained this incredible talent.” We put what we learned into practice, I made sure to attend but daytime training sessions, but my training with Maria was much more advanced. Maria would force me to try and bring out my power without the use of the amplification, she explained that it would help me visualise and focus. I wasn’t sure why she did this, but I didn’t question her. After months of intense training I became a rookie soldier, still learning how to fully utilise my potential but my fundamentals could only improve through real combat. Thus began the first of the thousands of missions I would take.

“During all missions, two to three soldiers are teamed together, unless you are an elite soldier. Being able to take on missions on your own is a skill that will help Sandman immensely. It means that there are more missions being taken at the same time so it increases Sandman’s reputation in the collection of Vatican orders. If we are well received then more soldiers will be sent here from the Vatican allowing us to take even more missions. However, taking solo missions when you aren’t ready, or skilled enough, is a fine way to get yourself killed. I make the decision on who is ready and who isn’t. got all that?” Maria had given me all this information when I had visited her quarters when I first arrived at HQ. Since it was my first few missions I knew I wouldn’t be taking on solo missions which was quite a relief. I was teamed up with Rikuo, Maria had chosen to group us up as we were both at similar levels in training (Rikou had slightly more experience than me so he was the team leader). We had been sent out to a neighbouring city. The only equipment with us, our weapons, radios for contacting each other and the base as well as a small amount of currency for emergencies. The radar had detected Baku in the multiple zones of the downtown part of the city, our role was to go to each zone and take down any threats. Since our base was one of two in Japan, we looked after half the country whilst the base in Okinawa looked after the other part. Our first jobs were the easiest available as at most it was a class 2 and we had been trained on how to take out class 3’s with hardly any stress. The more difficult jobs were passed to people with much more experience. Our first action was to head to the location the radar told us and search the perimeter.

We arrived at our destination and got in touch with the base to see if they caught wind of movement. We patrolled the area a few times over with people looking at us like we were one stick short of a bundle. After a little while the base contacted us and gave us the location to head to, sure enough there was a whole horde of class 2’s “Showtime!” Rikou smiled and activated his amplifier, forming a Scimitar. I also activated mine, an elegant blue Knightly sword appeared. It was a double-edged blade; however, its handle was longer than most of its kind allowing for use of both hands. We each took down the swarm quickly and then moving onto the next location, after a while we started a competition on who could kill more in each zone, each time I would get around fifteen while Rikou would beat me with either sixteen or seventeen. It had been about 3 hours, we had killed a lot of Baku and we were getting a little tired. We arrived at the next location to see an ocean of class 2’s and a class 3. The class 3 was quite the change from the other classes. It was bi-pedal unlike the other class’s I had seen, it was much taller than us but we knew from our lessons at HQ that they are extremely quick for their size. They were nicknamed Berserkers in Sandman. The best method to take them down is to take out its legs then take out its head… or have an insane reaction time and cut its head when it charges you. It is much easier to fight one in a team of two as it must choose who to target and becomes predictable. With that information, he attacked it from different directions. My blade sliced through its left calf but didn’t cut far enough to take out its manoeuvrability, Rikou aimed for the neck but just grazed it and fell back. “Plan B?” I asked presuming that Rikou had more information that I. “B? There ain’t no plan B!” He rushed the Baku, again aiming high. I sighed and followed suit, aiming low. The Baku ran to the right, aiming to take down Rikou. It got close and swung, “Now!” Rikou shouted as he ducked, I Swung upwards catching it off guard and lopping off its right arm. Rikou spun and took off its left leg, the Baku fell to the ground. We both stabbed the ground next to its neck forming an X and sliced towards it, essentially cutting its head off with a pair of weird scissors. It disintegrated as we moved on. “Well that’s that I guess.” Rikou said whilst scanning for other targets “One mission left today. Think HQ will mind us taking a break?” I asked. “Nah, we were told to take one two missions ago.”

We sat back in a small diner close by to the location. We stayed there for about 15 minutes until we got a call from HQ “Team 2. What’s the update?” Rikou responded “We’ve done most of our roles, got one more left so we’ve taken our break now. We are at some diner a couple streets south of the next zone.” “You got an ETA?” they responded “We’ll head out in about 10 minutes so we should be done for the day in about half an hour. We’ll be done with the enemies and scanning the area by then” “Understood. Transport will be available back to the base in an hour. Good luck.”

We had finished our break and headed to the scene… our job was rushing us. Unlike the class 3’s they stood on all fours, but they were about 3 feet tall. They also had a thick layer of black fur covering them as well as a long thick tail that was one of its major weapons, this was due to the amount of speed and power they could get when swinging it. Being hit with their tail point blank felt like being kicked by a world class Taekwondo fighter. We had been told that they are quick but the damage they cause is minimal unless you get caught. Going against a lot of them on your own would get you killed in a heartbeat but we were a team, watching each other’s backs. We drew our amplifiers “Here we go!” Rikou shouted. All of our training came to this moment, I swung diagonally upwards to the right and caught one of them. It sliced through its right shoulder and through its neck on the left, a black powder which was basically their blood exploded from the wound, the Baku dropped dead instantly and vanishing into nothingness. After the first I ducked the second, spun around and stabbed the head. Another was rushing me but the momentum my blade had after being ripped from the second class 2’s skull allowed me to rip through the third. Rikou had breezed through 5 already “That’s 5! Loser has to do double guard duty!” He ducked and sliced the legs of another enemy. I had sliced open my 4th and spun to impale the 5th “You’re on!”. This had gone on for a while, I was about to lose control of my amplifier but there were only a few more Baku remaining. With what I thought was my final hit, I killed my 15th, only a few more stood. “Mirai! Look out!” I turned and was hit full force, propelling me back into a building. I got up slowly and looked in the direction of where I was hit. Stood there, was a class 5.

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 06:07:33 PM »
Spoiler
Chapter 3

All sound was drowned out, seeing it flipped a switch in my head. “let go”, a voice in my head unlocked a part of me that I didn’t know existed anymore. My brilliant blue rapier turned red and grew out “Mirai? What’re you doing?” I couldn’t hear him, I couldn’t hear anything. The power surged, my amplifier cracked. It was just like that time, my anger took over and pushed me forward. I couldn’t control myself, I had an insatiable thirst for death. My blade constantly changed size, it cracked with more pressure each time I slaughtered those that stood in my way towards my foe. I ran forth, cutting down the evil, avoiding fatal attacks. My anger threw me forward with a leap, the class 5 was caught off guard, I had surprised it. I swung as hard as I could and felt the muscles that had only recently healed from my first encounter with a class 5 tear. The pressure slammed down on its head, but the blade curved downwards, only cutting into its shoulder. The Baku roared in agony and tried to hit me with its other arm, I was able to release my blade from its flesh and dash backwards but I didn’t let up. I ran right back to the demon, swinging but missing the mark. The Class 5 tried to bite by quickly dipping its head down but this simply gave me an opening. I dodged the attack and sliced its eyes, it recoiled in pain throwing its head in the air and leaving its abdomen unguarded. I stabbed on the left deep into its stomach and pushed my blade through, cutting to the right side… splitting it wide open but also shattering my amplifier in the process. The beast disintegrated, I had lost my weapon but only 2 more class 2’s remained and they seemed busy with Rikou who had already demonstrated his skill. The anger had subsided, I felt shocked but weirdly proud. I had come so far since that night. “Rikou! How many points is a class 5?!” he didn’t respond, taking care to focus on his opponents, he seemed to just be dodging, planning his next move carefully “I feel bad not being able to help… but I’d probably just get in his way” I thought to myself. Rikou saw his moment as he spun and stabbed one enemy behind him then swiftly freeing his blade and slicing the neck of the last. Such a fluid motion… he turned to me but stopped in his tracks. I thought time had stopped “MIRAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I felt a strong strike hit my entire body from behind. I was sent flying, bones breaking and slamming into a metal railing, I lost consciousness.

Surprisingly enough, I woke up. When I did, the Baku were gone and around me were the soldiers of Sandman, including Maria. Either I had moved or been moved as I was not near the railings. The soldiers were stood over me, “Mirai, are you ok? Can you stand?” she asked. “What happened to me?” I replied. “What happened to you?! Let me answer that! You got hit by a class 5, went berserk, ripped it apart then went after me before you collapsed!” the voice got closer to me before barging past the soldiers around me, it was Rikou. “What did you do?! What did you do to the Baku?! And why did you try to take me out?!” Rikou put power into his amplifier and pointed his blade at me, Maria swung a blade down and hit Rikou’s sword away then pointed her weapon at him “I wouldn’t if I were you boy. Let him explain first before trying to kill your brother in arms” Rikou stared up at Maria. He sighed, he put his amplifier away. “Fine. Talk”. “I… I don’t remember. I can recall being hit but nothing after.” “You don’t remember anything?” Maria asked. “Nothing. I beat a couple of class 2’s then I got launched into the railings”. “You didn’t only kill class 2’s, you took down a class 5 on your own” Rikou explained. “I thought I beat it when my amp got destroyed… “ It was insane to think I could kill the most powerful Baku without a weapon. “Dunno. You moved your arm then some weird light appeared and split it in half. You turned to me when you killed it, aimed at me but passed out and landed here.” Rikou explained. “Light… the only thing that comes to mind is will. We use will in the amplifiers to make weapons… but if that’s connected then that would mean Mirai used his power without the need of an amplifier and we all know that’s next to impossible.” Maria stated as she tried to think of other explanations “Yeah, there’s only been a handful of people throughout history who could do that but all of them had decades of experience…” coming from a soldier behind Maria “there’s no way a kid with only a couple of months could be the next Kingslayer.” I had spent a lot of time at the base, picking up on jargon about our job and the Baku but that, that was something foreign to me. “Kingslayer?” Sounded fancy enough but didn’t make a lot of sense. “Ah, guess you wouldn’t have heard much about it. You remember the first ever soldier able to use his will without an amplifier?” Maria asked me, “Yeah, he’s the guy that initiated the design of the amps then up and left the Vatican” I replied. “Well, when he won the first battle for us people saw the Baku as a sort of ruler, top of the food chain, king if you will. So when HE was able to take one down people started to call him The Kingslayer.” “Not much is known since his departure but after that the title was given to people who were able to use their power without an amp. If what you summoned was will without the use of your amp then you’ll probably have people calling you it.” Rikou added. “Well either way, lets head back to HQ, I’m already behind schedule enough as it is, help him into the carriage” Maria stood and walked away. Rikou followed suit, some of the soldiers helped me out and practically carried me to the carriage “Look kid I know we have a real cute nurse at base but getting hurt just to see her ain’t helping no one” one of the soldiers said as the others laughed “nah he just wants Miss Rossi to treat him back to health again” the laughs got louder, I loudly tried to say otherwise but my face didn’t co-operate. I heard a strange noise behind us through the sounds of laughter… a silhouette was hidden behind a wall staring at me, I could make out an ominous smile, it fled.

We had arrived back at the base within an hour. I was in the infirmary with Maria. “Well you’ve reopened wounds and rebroken the bones you broke when you first got here. You really are prone to injury, huh?” the doctor assessed my injuries. “Yeah, sorry doctor. I’ll be more careful next time”. The doctor sighed “What are we going to do with you…. Alright, no strenuous physical activity for about two months, we should be able to get you up and ready for action soon. You are free to go.” We left the infirmary, Maria helped me walk to my room. She sat me down and stood next to me. “I see the amplifier I provided was not powerful enough” I still couldn’t remember how it broke but when I regained my memory, the amp was in pieces. “ahh I forgot about that. Sorry, you gave me one of your own possessions and I destroyed it…” “No need to apologise. The amp wasn’t strong enough”. “How? It was perfect for what I remember but as soon as I lost consciousness it broke.” I responded. “It is strange. You were able to fight two class 5’s, one of which without being able to use your amplifier. You have survived in two situations that most people would have lost their lives in. From what I can tell, your power increases when you lose control, if that’s the case I have a something to offer you.” “Like what? Another amp?” I responded “Yes, but not like you suspect. In parts of the world they add something to their amplifiers… demons”. “Demons? Like Baku?” “No. You think the Vatican only target Baku? There are many different demons throughout our world but it is extremely rare to find one unless it’s a Baku. They are incredibly difficult to kill and some can’t be, so we found a way to utilise them instead. Some come along and work with us willingly and are very helpful, most need to be detained by a group of specially trained soldiers. Unless you are unlucky you’ll probably never have to face a wild one. Anyway, I’ll make a few calls. They should arrive in a couple of days so take it easy for now. You’ll need your strength for what comes of it”. Maria left the room before I could ask any more questions, it was strange that she kept the details so vague but I assumed it was due to time restraints.

I waited about four days. My body hurt all over after the incident, and getting treatment for it hurt more. But with the advanced technology that we had, I would heal much quicker than I would in a civilian hospital. At around 10pm I was escorted to the basement. I hadn’t even known it existed, I doubt that anyone else at my rank would either. After traversing the winding corridors and maze-like pathways we arrived at an opening in the hall ways. It was a small room, the torchlight covered most of the room but there were areas that were pitch black. In the centre stood four people, three hooded men in black priest robes, and Maria. “Welcome Mirai. It’s not often that someone with as little experience as yourself gets to witness this part of the base. To be honest there are only a handful of people like myself that do see it.” Maria said proudly. “What is this place, who are they?” “This is a place where legends are created. These gentlemen are amplifier smiths. They have come from different parts of the world.” “Wait, they are just giving away amps?” I asked, usually bases would have to purchase amps from the Vatican, the top-class amps go to those who can pay for them. “They are. Unfortunately, they can’t just sell cursed amps so they go to who the Vatican chooses. I called about fifteen smiths but only these three could get here.”  She begins to introduce the three men. “Firstly, the leader of our Arabic section, Tahir Hakim” Tahir bows with his hands together “next to him is the shaman of the headquarters in America, Michael Austin” Michael put out his hand for a handshake, I obliged “Nice to meet ya!” he said with a huge smile on his face. “Finally, is the leader of the Irish Headquarters, Keith O’Reilly” He also bows “Evening”. “These three men have brought along amplifiers that have been treated with demonic souls. As you can see behind me, there are three amps on those pedestals. Each have a demon inside that will allow you to unleash the power that you haven’t been able to unlock fully. Be warned though Mirai, they have their conditions for allowing you to use them. If you aren’t careful they can kill you at any time. I won’t force you into this but you will become so much more powerful with one of them… it may even shorten the time it takes you to save your sister”. I couldn’t fathom how dangerous this would be… but it would help me save Chiyuki. When she was taken I didn’t care about living, in fact I wanted to die. I didn’t feel like I deserved to continue living, if I must throw away my life to save her so be it. “Alright, if you think I should do it, I’ll take the opportunity.” Maria smiled “Good. I’ll let them tell you about their creations” Michael steps forward “I’ll go first if you fellers don’t mind.” He put his hand on my back and led me to the stands. He walked over to the left most stand and picks up the amplifier. “This baby is made from American Elm wood. The insides are state of the art, and best of all… it has a three-year warranty!!” … still have no idea. “…oh. About the inhabitant. We found it in the outskirts of Virginia, it has been around since the natives ruled the land. His name, is Okeus. A vengeful soul that filled the hearts of the Powhatan tribe with fear. Some say that he and his rival Ahone were one in the same but that can’t be made certain.” His explanation didn’t really explain much “Who caught it? And when? What kind of weapon is it?” I asked “Well I can’t tell you who caught it as he didn’t make it back. It was caught about 40 years ago, but we’ve never needed to give it to anyone so its just been gathering dust. We don’t know what kind of weapon it is, or any of the cursed weapons until someone controls it. It’s up to you to show us.” He stepped back, Tahir walked to the far right and picked up a rather stylish amplifier. It was black with golden trimmings and a beautiful golden design around it. “This is the best that our Arabic bases could offer. It has no name, but is an Ifrit. Legend says that they are death spirits that are drawn to the life force of a murdered soul. It was captured In Iran around five years ago by a group of soldiers and me. I am unsure of what it may do, but it almost took the lives of every man there. Be careful if you choose it” he stepped back. Finally, Keith took the centre amp and turned to me. “So, it comes to me to finish this. I will not promote this, it is not a weapon but a death sentence to any that wield it. Inside… is the demon king, Balor. He is a giant cyclops, who has taken the lives of many eager heroes. When his evil eye opens, first the grass burns, then the seas boil, the air catches fire and all of humanity falls. He was beaten by an Irish demi-god known as Finn McCool many hundreds of years ago. No one to this day knows how or where he was contained but we do know that when we learned how to put evil into weapons he was the first. Every man who has taken this has died a horrific death, up until now.” He paused for a short while “I brought this here today, because legend tells of a person strong enough to control Balor, and each person who picks up his amplifier could be that legend. You will never control him, but when he grants you power… all your enemies shall fall. Choose wisely Mr Mirai, your life depends on it.” He walks back to the stand and set the Balor amp on its pedestal, he walks back to where the others are. “When you put power into the amplifier, you will be possessed by the demon you choose and sent to its world to make a contract. If they do not want to make a contract with you… they will kill you and try to escape their bonds through you. We cannot help you at that point, you cannot fail here Mirai” Maria says. “Step forward, and choose your weapon”. I approached them and looked at each for a few moments individually. For reasons, I wasn’t quite sure of, the room got darker. It was like a shadow had covered the entire room, no one spoke so either this was something they knew was going to happen or only I noticed it. A red flame engulfed the three amplifiers, one was much larger than the other two. That flame covered the Balor amp “take it…” the voice returned to me, my body moved against my will. I had hold of the Balor amp, and activated it.

My mind was falling through emptiness, yet images of world history filled my head. I felt like I was going to break yet as soon as I was ready to shout out, everything changed. I was in an open field, acres of yellow grass, huge moss covered boulders and a small amount of wildlife dotted around. It was sunset, the air was cold. There was a muffled sound accompanied by a tremble in the ground that got progressively closer to me. I realised the direction it was coming from, I turned ninety degrees to the right and saw a cave in a small hill. A huge blade stabbed into the ground… out came the giant, the demon king. “So… you are the next one they want to test? You’re quite scrawny for a wielder. No matter, I can have this over quicker than usual. So child, say your name” He announced his presence, I was frozen with fear. “So… you, are Balor” I whispered, I couldn’t get much more air out of my lungs to make my question louder. He chuckled to himself “Demon King, World Destroyer, Balor… it doesn’t matter, tell me first your name. Then you can tell me who gave me my new vessel” I had to be careful here, one mistake and I would be killed immediately. “I- I am Mirai. I was sent here by my mentor Maria Rossi and a man from the Irish sector Keith O’Reilly” he seemed to know the name. “Ahhh, Mr O’Reilly. He sure does seem keen on finding someone to control me. Too bad for him that will never happen” The demon king sits on a boulder next to me “Well then child, its best we get on with it. The procedure usually follows one of two paths. A. The vessel becomes stupid in its fear, tries to take me down and ends up as wallpaper or B. they sit down and listen then eventually bore me and become wallpaper. You seem to a calmer type. Tell me, why did you decide to try and control me? Did Mr O’Reilly get you excited about the power you would have? Or are you just suicidal? They didn’t force you into it did they? Because that would be such a shame” He was having fun with this, but I knew I was being tested. “No one forced me into it, and I wasn’t swayed by your power, I knew the consequences when I used your amp.” Somehow my voice had filled with confidence “Oh? So you willingly put yourself here? Then you quite clearly are the suicidal type” he turned his back on me and proceeded to grab a small sheep and carefully examine it. “no I-“ he cut me off without even so much as glancing to me, something began to boil inside me “no? maybe just an idiot” he snapped the neck of the sheep in one motion “you don’t understand-“ “if not an idiot then what?” “if you just, please-“ I was reaching my breaking point “maybe a-“ “FACE ME DEMON KING!!” it was not my voice, but I recognised it. It was the very same voice that told me all that time ago that I was to let go. Balor did not speak. A few seconds, that felt like a millennia, passed and the demon king turned his head to me “what was that?” he enquired, his face spread more fear through my whole body “n-nothing” he moved close to me “no. that wasn’t nothing. That voice wasn’t your own… but it is linked to you.” He circled around me, moving slowly and calmly “Oh now I am interested, child. It has been many eons since I was last spoke back to, that even had some malice in it.” He grinned from ear to ear “I don’t know what it is. I heard it when I was attacked by Baku but its never come back since now” “Interesting. You almost died against this Baku, correct?” “Y-yes, I was fading but that voice spoke to me and I survived” he became even more intrigued. “You survived? You were saved.” He chuckles “I do believe that you are the most interesting prey I have seen in a long time, child. You have gained and retained my attention so your chances of survival have increased from no chance to one. That little voice in your head has saved you for now. Tell me, why do you wish to use my power?” he asked “Because there is someone I want to find. I’ll go to the ends of the earth to save her, I will risk my life to save hers. I was told that to make use of my will I needed your power, so if risking my life leads to me saving her then that is what I must do”. He didn’t respond immediately “A rather noble cause. But the strength of that cannot be measured… without pressure!” His eye glows and everything bursts into flame. Just like Mr O’Reilly said, the foliage was engulfed with embers, the skies burned and the oceans turned to seas of flame. All but where I stood, had I flinched I would be dead. The Demon King grinned “Impressive. Child, out of every vessel that has visited me you are the one who has captured my attention the most. You do not fear death, but you wish to survive. I will offer you a contract.” Flames appeared in front of me and formed three lines of text “they are my conditions for my services. Firstly, you will master that voice in your head if you are to use my power. If not it would be giving a new-born a key to calamity, you need to become strong enough to wield my power. Secondly, when you die your soul will live in this realm and belong to me. Finally, if you lose your will, if you forget the reason why you want my power… I will kill you. Accept all of that and you will hold the power of the Demon King!” I hadn’t expected this to go so well. “Know this however child. Fail to retain my interest and I may try to find my fun in your misfortune. For now, show me your tale… Kingslayer”.

He disappeared, as did the world I was in. I blinked and I was back in the basement of the Sandman base. It was almost as if nothing had happened. The Balor trigger was still in my hand. This was the beginning “Step One.” The voice inside me spoke.

Offline Chaos297

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 06:21:58 PM »
I'm using the same Format as Hikari in that I'm posting the three chapters in separate posts so please enjoy and vote honestly or I'll collect your souls in retrobution! (Half Joking.)

Spoiler

Demon Slayer Hedy
Chapter 1
Another World Part 1

(Date May 2nd 2015) (Location Ammergebirge Mountain Germany)

Rain pours down upon a little girl holding a gun and a bloody axe.
There are several children huddled underneath a tree, feeling terrified as lightning struck nearby as 3 adults arrive on the scene.

A woman steps forward and asks “Hedy what happened here?”

The girl stands silently over the half eaten corpse of her older sister and simply collapses while she drops her weapons.

The woman catches the girl and looked around seeing several corpses of large, insect-like creatures.

One of the other adults approaches her and says “Lillie we need to get the survivors out of here!”

“Bring the girl and we'll get the others to safety.” The other adult states with a calm yet concerned look and a stern tone.

Lightning strikes again and everything goes white.

(Date June 15 2022) (Location: Munich Germany Abandoned Pre-Fabricated Factory in the Factory District)

Alois Brandt stands in front of 3 trainees with 4 other instructors with a stern look and says “Alright, you three kids are new to missions,
and even though this is a beginner mission,
you must be careful at all times as this is not training.
Anything can happen when it’s the real thing,
this is totally different from training so no slacking off or being asleep on your feet,
especially with you Hedy.
We will be facing insect demons in there so keep your cool and don’t go on a rampage.”

Dominik Brandt steps forward with a serious look and says “Don’t be so hard on her,
taking the initiative is a part of this sort of work.
The team is only as strong as its weakest link,
so if the weakest link lacks the ability to fight then we are all weak.
Hedy may go nuts when she sees a bug but she becomes incredibly strong in that situation,
So if you are in her party make sure to support her as you were trained to do when someone takes the initiative!”

Gerhard Brandt stands there with a disapproving look and says “Order is more important,
without order you end up dead.
I won’t have anyone dying on a mission like this one. So no messing around!
Especially you Hedy,
if you get someone killed I’ll make sure you never work as a demon slayer again!”

Hugo Brandt turns to them with a look of disbelief and says “You need to remember they are still kids. It’s only natural they will likely not be able to handle things yet,
so cut them some slack.
They’ll be the ones to inherit the future of our profession if they live that long so let’s keep them alive.”

Lillie Brandt steps in with a look of annoyance and says “I personally don't like the idea of these kids being the future of our profession,
but even though they are weak right now and barely have the skills to fight alongside us,
I can see that they will one day be stronger than us!
And that is why Master Magdalena put me in charge of them!!
So you guys focus on your tasks and leave the kids to me!”

Alois, Dominik, Gerhard and Hugo spread out around the building and climb to the roof before they snuck in through a roof access hatch.

Lillie turns to the trainees with a professional look and says “Alright you three,
stick close and don't chatter too much.
Some of these demons have sharp hearing and night-vision eyes.”

Hans, Hedy and Kurt all stand at attention and reply “Yes Ma'am.”

A bunch of noises start to roar out of the building before a small swarm of 3 insect demons burst out of the main door.

Hans turns to the demons and yells “LET'S GET THEM!!”

Kurt turns to the demons and yells “YEAH!!!”

Both kids and Lillie grab their weapons and as the kids attempt to charge.

Lillie stands still and yells “STOP!
Do not break ranks!
Take formation Alpha!”

The boys took positions on Lillie's left and right with their weapons at the ready but Hedy stands there fidgeting with a weird dark aura forming around her.

Hedy grabs her weapons and charges towards the demons and as she does suddenly “Hedy!
Get back in formation!” Lillie yells

But Hedy ignores her and keeps charging and attacked the bug demons head on.

One of the insect demons fires silk threads from its abdomen and climbs onto the factory wall and starts giving dirty looks towards Lillie, Hans and Kurt.

A second insect demon with a thick shell, long sharp mandibles, and strong pincers charges at Hedy and tries to skewer her with its right mandible. While the third one, which had wings and sharp mandibles but a very thin shell, flew towards the group.

Hedy dodged the attack from the insect demon in front of her and chopped off its right and left mandibles.

The flying insect demon goes in close to Hans, Kurt and Lillie as they stand their ground.

Kurt aims his gun at the flying insect demon but before he fires it flies straight up, Lillie suddenly yells “SPREAD OUT!”

Lillie, Kurt and Hans all spread out and took up a large circular formation around the door when suddenly a ball of acid hit the spot where they previously stood.

Lillie looks at the spider-like demon clinging to the wall of the factory and sees that it was drooling an acid-like substance and thought “So that's the one that tried to melt us!”

The spider like demon fires off another round at Kurt but as he tried to evade the attack, he discovered he was stuck where he stood.
He reaches around his back and throws a grenade at the acid and the grenade explodes scattering the acid that was about to hit him.

Lillie looks at her feet and noticed her feet became stuck in a previously invisible web. She then looks at Hans and Kurt's feet and sees that they've stepped into the webs as well.

Lillie looks toward Kurt and yells “Kurt,
pull out your gun and shoot down that flying one!”
Then, she looks toward Hans and yells “Hans,
use the holy water on the webs around your feet and free Kurt free!”
And then she looks at Hedy as she jumps around hacking at the armoured ones back with her axes and yells “And Hedy!
Bertha!”

Hedy snaps out of her berserk state and Lillie yells “Take out that acid spewing wall crawler!”

Hedy returns to her berserk state and then jumps into the air and attacks the wall crawler.
The wall crawler runs up the wall with Hedy in hot pursuit as she uses her axes on the aged metal walls to avoid falling.

Hans frees himself and then frees Kurt while Lillie frees herself.

Lillie ran over to Kurt and Hans and says “Hans,
get on the armoured one’s back and use your spear to pierce through the spots Hedy weakened.
Kurt,
stick with me and take out the flyer with my support!”

Hans runs off toward the armoured one and the flyer tries to ambush him when Kurt cuts it off with 3 bullets and it evades to the left and Lillie ambushes it from its blind spot and chops off it's wings.
While the flyer is flailing around trying to regain its balance Kurt charges in and kicks it into the air.
He then fired 5 rounds into its back which after that, Lillie chopped its legs off just as it hits the ground before she took off its head.

Hans throws a flash grenade in front of the Armoured ones face and jumps on its back while its blinded and rams his spear into one of the weak spots on its back and starts carving out a deep spot while Lillie attacks its legs on the left side and Kurt attacks the legs on its right.
While they attack the legs Hans carves out a deep hole in its flesh and drops in a incendiary grenade and jumps down and yells “Grenade!”

Hans, Kurt and Lillie all back away and the Armoured one explodes with flames shooting out of every hole in its body and dies.

Meanwhile Hedy chases the Wall Crawler around the wall swinging her axes in its direction but it avoids every attack by inches.
Suddenly bullets rain down restricting its movements and Hedy chops it's abdomen off and it drops to the ground where Hans skewers it with his spear.

Hedy jumps down and proceeds to continue attacking the corps of the Armoured demon as everyone regroups.

Lillie turns to Hedy with a look of disbelief and yells “Hedy!” but Hedy ignores her so Lillie yells “Bertha!” and Hedy returns to normal.

Another Demon shows up while Hedy is still coming back to her senses and targets her but Lillie jumps at it and nailed it with her swords.

Hedy returns to her senses and looks round to see Lillie pulling her swords from the demon's body.
Hedy looks at the dead demon as Lillie turns to her and as her expression turns to one of utter shock she yells “Wow!
How close was that thing to me!?”

Lillie turns to her with a calm yet stern look and says “Calm down,
you had one of your episodes,
keep your cool and don't let it bother you in the heat of battle,
but feel free to worry about it when you're not in the field.”

Kurt walks up to Hedy with a look of amazement and calmly says “So the rumours about you having the Savant ability are true,
but the other half of the rumour is also true,
that you have no control over Hysteria mode,
also no control of its stress triggers on top of my theory about you being right.”

Hans walks over to them with a shocked look and enters the conversation saying “Wait,
Hedy had a secret other than having been a part of that incident 7 years ago?”

“It would seem to be the case,
what's the story Hedy?” Kurt replies with a look of curiosity at what the untold details are.

Hedy turns to them with a look of embarrassment and shame and says “It's true,
I have Hysteria Savant Syndrome as well as PTSD.”

Lillie steps in with a serious look and says “Enough chatter we have a job to do,
we can discuss these matters later.”

As Lillie says that another Bug Demon comes running out of the building,
it takes one look at the group and sees Hedy begin to go into hysteria mode.
But it recognises her before turning around and running back into the building with Hedy chasing it at top speed.

Hans stands there with a stunned look and says “Well that bug sure looked scared to see her.”

Kurt folds his arms and nods his head and says “Even more proof of my theory.”

“Chatter later we need to get in there and back her up before she gets in over her head!” Lillie states with a stern tone as she readies her swords and begins to walk toward the building with a scary look on her face

Kurt and Hans fall in behind Lillie with their weapons at the ready as they rush into the factory after Hedy.

As they run through the slime, web and secretion coated halls of the factory after Hedy, they see the bodies of several insect demons littering the ground leading to a large room with 4 insect demons and 1 very big insectoid demon that is clearly commanding the others with Hedy chasing after it.

The insectoid demon makes a series of strange noises as it evades Hedy’s attacks and the 4 insect demons start going after her.

“Formation B then charge!” Lillie yells as she readies her swords and positions to charge

Kurt and Hans take up positions at Lillies 3 and 9 o'clock, ready their weapons and prepare to charge.

Lillie charges after Hedy and covers her throwing a flash grenade at the 4 insect demons that’s chasing after her.

Hans charges in and attacks the insect demon on the far left with his spear from behind and kills it.

Kurt aims his guns at the one on the centre left and kills it before wounding the one on the centre right with a few rounds.

When the flash lets up the insectoid had escaped and Hedy is still running around looking for it.

Lillie chops up the centre right Insect demon and as she does the far right one goes for her but when Hans attempts to counter it with his spear it jumps over them and avoids Kurt's bullets and aims for Hedy.

The insect demon closes in on Hedy and tries to bite her head off but when it gets close, Hedy spins around and chops off its legs on the left side followed by the ones on the right and finishes it off by chopping it to pieces.

Lillie, Hans and Kurt run over to Hedy but Hedy starts to run around again looking for the insect demon and Lillie yells “Bertha!!!”

Hedy snaps out of it and returns to normal and looks around and sees the dead demons and that she's inside the factory and raises her hand to the back of her head and begins to scratch at it as she says “Guess I went on another rampage again.” With a ditzy smile and a cheery tone

Hans gets an irritated look as he walks away and looks around the room looking for the way that the insectoid escaped.
Kurt laughs and say “You're a real riot sometimes Heads!”
“You'll make a hell of a comedian when you grow up so give me your autograph after the mission!” he continues with an amused look

Lillie gets an angry look and clonks him on the head and says “I said to cut the chatter!!”
“And another thing,
if there are anymore jokes I'll remove the both of you from the mission list!!!” Lillie continues with a stern yet angry tone

Hans looks up at the wall on the right side of the room and notices a hatch that was previously open and turns to the others and says “Miss Lillie,
I think that insectoid escaped via that hatch up there!” As he points to the hatch with a look like he's found something

Lillie turns to him and sees he's pointing up at something, she looked to where he's pointing and sees the hatch and says “Looks about the right size but it's a bit high to have climbed up without footholds.”

Lillie takes a look around and sees there is a ladder up the left wall to a control booth without the lights on and a moving gantry which looks functional but not powered up.

“Come back over here and cover me a moment.” Lillie says to Hans as she reaches into her pocket and pulls out her phone.

As Lillie dials a number Hans, Hedy and Kurt gather around Lillie and cover her blind spots.

Someone picks up the call at the other end and Lillie says “Hugo I'm with the kids in the factory near the assembly line in what I think was the final inspection room.”
“We sighted a large insectoid demon that ran off after sending the regular insect demons to attack us,
it escaped through a hatch that leads deeper into the facility which is closed now but if you guys can get the power back on we can pursue it.” She continues with a serious look and asks “Can you do that for us?”

Lillie puts away the phone with a pleased look and says “Ok everyone,
up the ladder double time,
we're going after the insectoid!”

The 4 of them climb the ladder quickly as they can. It creeks and flakes rust with every step they take until they get to the control booth and as Hans climbs up the last of the way the last step gives way as he pushes off of it and the railing buckles from his weight.

Hedy and Kurt catch Hans as he nearly falls and pull him up but suddenly Hedy slips on some spilled oil and they nearly all fall but Lillie catches them and pulls them up and says “Honestly,
this place is a death trap!”

Once the three of them are on the platform Lillie looks around behind her and finds an exposed support beam and attaches a line which she throws over the railing for the others to follow later.

As they walk into the control booth the lights come on and Lillies phone vibrates in her pocket.

Lillie pulls out her phone and says “The power's on now but be careful,
this place should be demolished after we clear out this infestation,
we had a close call with a fatigued ladder and a failing railing so I've set up a climbing line,
yeah we'll wait for you before we go in,
but we'll get the gantry and the hatch ready.

Lillie hangs up the phone and starts pushing buttons on the control console and the gantry begins to move and the hatch begins to open.

The gantry gets as far as the hatch then suddenly breaks down and refuses to budge further than the open part of the hatch and the hatch jams partially open.

“Damn this death trap of a factory!!” Lillie shouts with an annoyed look and suddenly the control panel short circuits and they all back away from it.

Alois, Dominik, Gerhard and Hugo all show up and climb up the line and Hugo says “I guess you were right that this place is a death trap,
we nearly fell through the floor 5 times on our way here!”

“Well let's go and take out that insectoid and finish this mission!” Lillie states with an excited tone as she walks toward the gantry

All eight of them go walking across the gantry and walk through a large passage to a large room filled with old weapons including WWII tank prototypes and some super large guns that had been modified to cannons the size of the Insectoid.

At the back of the room stand 3 insectoids and 1 very large insectoid demon clad in armour Beleth and armed with unusual weapons all in front of a large portal of light.

They take up stealthy positions near the passages exit and watch as Beleth seems to dress down the 3 insectoids and they seem to be bowing to it.

Beleth makes a lot of noises like he's yelling at them angrily and suddenly turns to the portal of light and yells “I don't know why the demon slayers are here and I don't care!!!”
“Scuttle this place and kill the demon slayers within the next hour or I'll close the portal and leave you all to rot here in this wretched world!!!” Beleth continues as he enters the portal and disappears into the light

After Beleth disappears into the portal the 3 insectoids begin to gather excess shells and plant them next to the support beams for the room and attach timers to them.

“That big one had armour and spoke our language!?” Alois whispers with a look of shock and continues by saying “What the *censored* is going on here!?”

Dominik turns to him and says “That one was clearly the leader of this group and just ordered the others to blow this place sky high!
It even said something about another world!
We need to tell Grandmaster Magdalena what we've seen and heard,
especially about the weapons and the portal!”

Lillie turns to them and says “Before we do that we need to do something about these demons before they blow this place and do something about the portal!”

“And how do you suggest we do that!?” Hugo asks with a cynical tone

“Actually there is a 7.5cm Pak 40/2 L/46 for a Marder II right over there!” Kurt states as he points at a large gun that has been modified and has been attached to a turret ring

“And how did you know something like that!?” Alois asks with a note of surprise

“I know more about WWII tanks than most people,
but that is something anyone who knows their German Tanks should know.” Kurt states as he looks around and continues “There's plenty of ammo around,
it should be able to blow their heads off easily enough!”

“No joke it will!
A gun that huge would blow a hole the size of a human in the walls of this place!” Hans states with a look of shock

“Enough!
We'll go down there and operate the gun and you guys handle distracting them for us.” Lillie states to the other adults

Lillie and the kids sneak down to the gun and get it ready for the attack and as they do the other adults prep for their attack.

Just as the other adults are getting ready to ambush the insectoids Kurt slips on a bit of oil and accidentally fires the gun sending a shell through the portal which damages Beleths armour on the other side.

Hugo looks in their direction and sees the barrel of the gun smoking and thinks “Damn it!
We need to move now!”

The adults launch an assault on the insectoids and as they do Hedy loads the next round into the gun and Hans Rotates the gun as Lillie gives directions.

One of the Insectoids knocks Alois flying and Lillie yells “FIRE!!!” And Kurt fires the gun and blows it's head off

One of the insectoids begins to go after the gun and Lillie says “Hurry and load the next round!”

While holding the next shell Hedy replies “I'm going as fast as I can!

Just as the Insectoid approaches Gerhard ambushes it from behind and hacks at its leg getting its attention and distracts it.

The insectoid tries to kick him with one of its other legs and he jumps up to avoid it and kicks off from its body to the left and suddenly Lillie yells “FIRE!!!” And Kurt fires a shell right through the insectoids body killing it

The final insectoid runs in front of the portal holding one of the cannons like it's going to blast them with it and Hedy loads the last shell and Lillie yells “Fire!!!” And Kurt fires the last shell at the exact same moment the insectoid fires

The two shells collide in mid air and explode and while it does the insectoid is knocked off its feet into the portal followed by the 4 adults.

“Damn they got blown in there with it!” Lillie shouts as she climbs down from the top of the turret ring.

Hedy runs over to one of the piles of shells and sees there are only 60 seconds until they blow and suddenly the sound of swarms of insect demons comes roaring through the passages into the room.

“We gotta get out of here!!!” Hedy shouts to Lillie

“I couldn't agree more Hedy!
Into the Portal!” Lillie yells as she grabs Hans and Kurt and throws them through the portal.

Hedy and Lillie run to the portal as the room fills with insect demons and jump in and everything goes white.

To be Continued

Offline Chaos297

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 06:25:40 PM »
Spoiler
Demon Slayer Hedy
Chapter 2
Another World Part 2

As Lillie and Hedy jump into the portal the insect demons swarm the room and several try to jump through the portal. Just before they do the explosives go off and the building explodes.

(Meanwhile on the other side of the portal)

Beleth turns to a group of robed insectoids and yells “CUT OFF THE PORTAL NOW!!!
DON’T LET THE HUMANS THROUGH!!!”

(Return to Hedy and Lillie)

Hedy and Lillie fall through a white void that seems to lead to somewhere else when suddenly black streaks begin to shoot through the white void and they begin to feel like they’re being pulled away from each other.

Lillie turns to Hedy and reaches out to her hand and yells “Grab on and don’t let go Hedy!!!”

Hedy turns to her and reaches out with all her might but can’t reach her.

Lillie gets a desperate look and notices Hedy brought her axes extension shafts and yells “Use your axes!!!
Quick!!!”

Hedy grabs the extension shafts and attaches them to the axes and joins them together and reaches out to Lillie with them.

Lillie reaches for the axes grip and grabs on and Hedy pulls her in close and grabs on to her and says “Whatever you do,
don’t let go or we’ll be separated!!!”

Lillie and Hedy both lose consciousness

When they wake up, they find themselves on a beach on a large island with tall mountains and high hills and lots of trees.

Lillie looks around and sees no one is around but that Hedy is still unconscious.

Lillie stands up and slaps Hedy on the cheek gently to wake her up and says “Hedy!
Wake up!
You’ve got to wake up!
We’re in trouble and you need to wake up already!”

Hedy stirs and wakes up and says “Lillie?
Where are the bug demons?”

“I’m not sure,
but I know we aren’t in our world anymore!” Lillie states with a note of worry and says “We need to get it together and find the others,
then we need to figure where we are and how to get home!”

Hedy gets up and walks over to the water and puts her finger in the water and tastes it then turns to Lillie and says “One thing’s for sure,
we’re at the sea.
This water is super salty and tastes funny for some reason.”

“Funny as in what,
contaminated?” Lillie asks with a confused look

“No it’s definitely not contaminated,
I mean it tastes like H20, Sodium and various soupy life mass like sea water should,
but it’s like I taste something strange,
but it’s not coming from my tongue.” Hedy replies with a confused look

Lillie puts her finger to her chin and thinks “Not a contaminant yet it still tastes strange,
and not coming from her tongue…?
Hmm…
What is it she’s tasting?
Does she taste something different because of that portal?
Or is it to do with where we are?”

“Either way,
we’ll have to figure this out after we at least find Hans and Kurt.” Lillie continues to think as she turns and says “Let's find a way in land and worry about the water later.”

Lillie and Hedy walk along the beach for a while and see the mouth of a river heading inland and they follow it deeper into the island with a look of curiosity.

As Hedy looks around she notices something’s moving in the forest, she grabs her axes but doesn’t draw them.

Lillie looks at her and notices she’s readying her weapons and positions her hands ready to draw her swords and asks “What do you see?”

“I’m not sure,
but there seems to be something following us in the forest.” Hedy replies quietly while not looking at Lillie or the movement in the forest.

The movement in the forest gets closer and closer and Hedy faintly hears a buzzing sound like wings moving extremely fast.

Hedy looks toward Lillie and says “It’s another bug demon,
a flyer by the sound of it.
We aren’t equipped to take it in the open.
If it attacks I think we should make for the forest.”

Lillie looks at her calmly and says “I agree.
If it comes out then make for the trees and I’ll cover you with a flash grenade.”

Hedy and Lillie keep walking and the sound gets closer and closer until suddenly the bug comes flying out of the trees.

They draw their weapons ready to fight and Lillie puts the grenade pin between her teeth but the bug demon ignores them and flies over the river and heads into the forest at the other side.

Lillie lets go of the grenade pin and looks at Hedy and says “Bertha.”

Hedy turns to her and says “I managed to stay in control this time,
but that’s not what we should be worrying about.”

Lilly puts away the grenade and her swords and says “I know,
we need to focus on finding the others and find out where we are.
Though it is strange and suspicious that it ignored us.”

Before Hedy puts away her axes a rustling sound comes from the bushes and she turns to them with a serious look and says “Lillie,
we have another one!”

Lillie turns to the bushes and draws her swords.

Suddenly a human walks out of the bushes and says in English “Oh sorry to spook you!
Are you visitors from the mainland?”

Lillie and Hedy get shocked looks and Hedy says “Did you understand a word of what he just said?”

“Not a word.” Lillie replies with a look of confusion and continues “It sounds like he’s speaking english.
Alois was the only one on the team that speaks it.”

The man looks at them with a look of confusion and says in English “If you aren’t able to understand me then just follow me to Glasgow.
The mayor will help you out.”

The man begins to walk up river as Hedy and Lillie stand there watching him walk away.

He turns back to them and says “Glasgow!” And points up river and does a beckoning move with his hand to tell them to follow him

Hedy turns to Lillie and says “I think he wants us to follow him.”

“I think so too.
As far as I know Glasgow is a famous city in Scotland in the UK.” Lillie replies with a look of surprise.

Lillie and Hedy follow the man.

The man leads them up river to a large town with rather old yet low tech looking buildings and the man turns to them and says in English “This is Glasgow.” While pointing to the town

Lillie gets a shocked look and says “I always heard Glasgow was this huge city known for its commerce,
its high levels of greenery,
good schools,
historic buildings and wide variety of cultural art,
but this place looks nothing like a modern city!”

Hedy turns to her and says “I’m not sure why but I think he’s telling the truth.
That large tower up there looks different from the other buildings but I’m not sure why,
this place though is definitely this Glasgow place he keeps mentioning.”

They walk through the town to a large sandstone building on the north end of the town in a large plaza all the while getting funny looks from most of the people they pass like they’ve never seen someone with Blond Hair and Blue Eyes

Hedy gets closer to Lillie and whispers “What do you think these peoples deal is?
They keep staring at us like they’ve never seen a German before.”

“They’re clearly Scots,
but I don’t think they’ve seen a German before,
or at least not an Arian anyway.
Just try to ignore it.” Lillie whispers back confidently as they walk up to the large sandstone building.

The man speaks to the guards and one goes inside while the others keep a close eye on them.

3 minutes after the guard went in a old man in colourful robes bearing the Glasgow Coat of Arms comes out holding a large stone with a handprint on it and holds it out to them and says in English “Please place your hand in the hand print and listen carefully.” As he points to the handprint.

Lillie raises her right hand and places it on the hand print and the Old man says “I know you must have a lot of questions but first please repeat after me.
Oh gods of speech please grant unto me the power to comprehend and speak the language of whom ever may speak to me in the name of the mighty all.”

Lillie gets a confused look but repeats what he said in German as he requested and suddenly a strange light envelopes Lillies Ears and Mouth and the old man says “Now you know the spell of Translation,
it’ll let you speak the language of everyone you are in the presence of,
and all those you meet for the next 72 hours.”

Lillie gets a shocked look and says “You mean that was a Magic Spell and it allows me to communicate with anyone!?
But how is that even Possible!?
As far as I’ve always known Magic is total fiction!”

The old man gets a confused look and says “It’s always been possible,
but how do you not know how to use such a common and basic spell as that when you travel to another country?”

“We don’t even know where we are,
but Glasgow should be a big city not a large town.” Lillie replies with a shocked look as Hedy mutters something

“I don’t know exactly what you’re talking about.
This town is Glasgow and has never been a city.
But as for where you are,
you are in Scotland which is an Island Nation part of a collective called the United Kingdom,
but only because the English insist it be called that.” The old man states calmly with a look of surprise and shock.

Hedy steps forward and says “We don’t know about your countries personal affairs,
but we’re from Germany and were on a job with some comrades we need to find and meet up with.
We got separated after falling through some sort of portal,
but we don’t know who created it or why and it’s probably our only way home.”

The old man looks at her with surprise and confusion and says “Well aren’t you a fast learner aren’t you.
I don’t know much about the situation you’re having with this portal,
but if you’re from Germany then getting home shouldn’t be too hard.”

Lillie looks at Hedy in shock and says “Why’d you copy what I said!?”

“Because you were clearly able to speak to him after saying that stuff!” Hedy replies with a rebellious look and continues by saying “I remember reading words like that in an old book in my grandmother's library when I was little!
I probably know a few other spells!”

Lillie looks at her with a very annoyed look and says “Fine but no more fooling around with this stuff or you might blow something up by Accident and not be able to pay for it!”

The old man looks at them and says “Back to what I was saying,
if you’re from Germany it shouldn’t be too hard to get home.
There are ferries that take people from Scotland to England and Wales on the south coast,
and from England you can get one to France and from there it’s just a matter of traveling across the continent to Germany,
or at least that was the case before the Demon King Solomon started his war.
He tried to take England and cut off all inter island travel routes even by air.”

“So you have air travel here?” Lillie replies with a curious look

The old man points to the tower and says “That was the Airship landing and docking station.
It facilitated passenger boarding for the public crossing airships from London until the attacks began.”

“If that’s true then how are we supposed to get back to Germany!?” Lillie replies with a look of shock.

The old man looks at her with a serious look and says “The only way is to either get permission from the local overseer,
or somehow get past all the demons guarding the only safe routes by air and sea.”
“But if you came here without following their procedures I’d recommend not using either route and avoiding any inspections for your sake as well as ours.” He continues with a worried look

“Inspections and procedures!?
Are you saying the demons have control of your country!?” Lillie replies with a look of shock and horror

The old man lowers his head and says “I’m ashamed to say it’s so but unfortunately it is as you say,
as we’ve neither the forces nor the weapons to fight them.
They’ve been taking our country one town at a time.”

Lillie steps back from the shock at what she had just heard and says “You are seriously unable to defend yourselves!?
Jeez,
you really are up the Rhine without an oar by the sounds of it.”
“So what will the demons do if they find out about us?” Lillie asks with a worried look

The old man looks at her calmly and says “They’ll likely execute you as invaders or as rebels,
but they might actually take you prisoner and question you before they do whatever they will with you.”

“We came here with 6 others who look like us but we got separated when we entered the portal that dropped us here,
if you’ve heard where any of them might be we’d appreciate your help in finding them.” Hedy states as she steps in

The old man looks at her with surprise and says “We’ve heard rumours the last month of a child with blond hair and blue eyes in the highlands fighting the demons,
and a message from Aberdeen that they’re holding a young boy with Blond Hair and Blue eyes on suspicion of being a Demon Slayer.”
“They wouldn’t happen to be among the friends you’re looking for would they?” The old man inquires with a look of disbelief

Lillie gets a serious look and says “I’m not sure.
The hair and eye colours sound right but we’d need to see them with our own eyes to be sure.”
“But we’ll have to see for ourselves if it’s them but chances are it’s not.” Lillie continues with a calm look as she lifts her hand from the stone and turns to walk away

“If you are planning on going to investigate,
I suggest going to Aberdeen first.
You will be safer to go there first.” The old man says with a concerned look

“We’ll spend the night here if you accept Euros as we don’t have any Pounds Sterling with us.” Lillie replies as she and Hedy walk away toward the outskirts of town

“Actually we still have a currency exchange here in the town hall.” The old man states as they walk away

Lillie and Hedy suddenly stop walking

Lillie turns to him and asks “Then what’s the exchange rate for 1 Euro to £1?”

The old man looks at her with a surprised look and asks “What exactly is a Euro?”

“You mean you haven’t heard of the European Union or its currency the Euro?” Lillie asks with a stunned look.

The old man looks at them a look of shock and says “If that’s what you mean then it’s a problem for you since the Euro-zone collapsed at the start of the war.
The Euro is practically worthless now.”

Lillie snaps her fingers with an annoyed look and says “Damn!
The only money we have are Euros!
If they’re worthless we’re penniless!!”

“If that’s the case then the least we can do is offer you a fair deal on the exchange rate for your Euros.” The old man says with a look of concern

Lillie and Hedy turn around and walk back and Lillie says “How much will you give us per Euro?”

The old man looks at her calmly and says “£1 per Euro sounds fair to me.”
“This is a perfect opportunity to put some money back in the town's treasury if they have a lot of Euros,
the overseer has been paying top coin for foreign currencies from collapsed economic zones!
And that makes these girls major cash cows!” The Old Man thinks with a seriously creepy and sinister voice.

Lillie walks up to him and says “I happen to have 500 Euros in cash on me and Hedy should have 150 Euros on her so that makes for £650 if we exchange it all.”

The old man gets a seriously happy look and says “That should be no problem,
and with that much money getting to Aberdeen should be fairly cheap and easy.”

The old man leads them into the town hall and they exchange their Euros for Pounds Sterling.

They walk out of the building with a map of the town and Hedy whispers “He clearly had an ulterior motive to exchange our currency despite it supposedly being worthless.
So what are you up to Lillie?
I did notice you hid the fact we have more money than what you said.”

Lillie gets an amused look and says “Shrewdness must run in the main family,
you almost remind me of your sister when you figure me out like that.”
“And yes we can’t trust the people of this town,
they are clearly under the demons rule. Yet, they are ignoring our evident connection to Hans and Kurt,
if he isn’t reporting us yet he must have some sort of reason not to.”
“We mustn’t stay here longer than we need to.
Lets make for the nearest source of transport and gather supplies and make for Aberdeen before the Demons find us.” Lillie continues to whisper calmly with a look of distrust and worry in her eyes.

The two of them head for the market and buy some food and water and start looking for transport.

Lillie looks around and says “This place is so low tech I doubt they have cars and vans,
we should look for horses or something that these people will actually have.”

Just as Lillie finishes talking Hedy hears the sound of a rubber tire kicking up dirt and a bicycle chain in motion and turns around to see where it’s coming from and sees someone riding a bike through the market and tugs at Lillies sleeve and points to it and says “I wouldn’t write off their technological capabilities so fast Lillie.”

Lillie looks at the bike with a look of surprise and replies “Well a bike would be an economical option under the circumstances.
Let's find a place we can buy them.”

While they walk around the streets someone walks up behind Lillie and places something in her hand as they pass her and Hedy.

Lillie leads Hedy into an alley and they read the note.

Note (In German) “Arians aren’t very popular with the demons,
use the spell below and find your way to the Wee Mans Tavern in the Park Head sector near the forge,
we’ll discuss the important stuff there in private.
Don’t be seen by the inspection force coming to find you.”

“This seems rather suspicious,
but the fact it’s written in German and they know we’re Arians not regular Germans,
I’m honestly not sure what to think of this letter.
If this spell is real we better be careful casting it.” Lillie whispers to Hedy then looks over and sees she’s muttering something again while looking at the spell

Suddenly Hedy is surrounded by a strange light which quickly dissipates revealing a girl around Hedy’s size with brown hair and green eyes and lightly tanned skin clad in local clothing styles.

Lillie looks at her in shock and says “Who are you and what have you done with Hedy!?”

“I’m Hedy!
I don’t know why you think I’m someone else but I’m Hedy!” the girl replies with a look of confusion

Lillie grabs one of Hedy’s axes off the girl from under her cloak and says “Look at your reflection in the axe and tell me if you’re really Hedy!” As she aims the reflective side of the axe blade at the girl

The girl sees that she looks different from Hedy, especially her hair and eyes and says “So it was a spell of transformation like I thought!”
“Lillie try saying the spell and look at your own reflection and you’ll know it’s me!” The girl states sternly to Lillie

Lillie casts the spell with a sceptical look and the same light that enveloped Hedy envelopes her.

The light dissipates and she finds her reflection has brown hair and green eyes and lightly tanned skin and that she’s wearing local clothes as well.

“Guess you are Hedy and it is a spell of transformation.” Lillie whispers apologetically as she hands back Hedy’s axe.

“Let's go find this Wee Man's Tavern mentioned in the note.” Lillie continues as she walks out of the alley with Hedy.

Lillie and Hedy walk off following the map to the Park Head Sector and start looking for the Wee Mans Tavern and stop when they see a small green building with the sign for a tavern saying “The Wee Man’s Tavern”.

Lillie gets a surprised look and says “The name aside it’s a not bad looking little place.
Who ever sent us that note better be in there or I’ll be really mad.” Lillie whispers with a look of annoyance.

Lillie and Hedy walk into the tavern and they head over to the bar and Lillie says “One Guinness and one juice please.”

The bartender brings Lillie a large jug like glass with a handle filled with beer and a glass of a bubbling red juice and gives beer to Lillie and the Juice to Hedy and says “Your party will be here shortly so please be patient.”

Lillie sips at her beer and says “At least they have decent beer here.
Hows your juice?”

Hedy sips at her juice and says “It’s got a mild and smooth sweetness to it with a strong undertone from the bubbles.”

“It sounds good.
Too bad I had to order alcohol since we’re new here.” Lillie states with a look of surprise

As they sit there waiting for whoever it was that sent the note a group of armour clad Humanoid Demons march in and say “We are carrying out an inspection due to reports of two foreign females suspected of being Demon Slayers.
If you are found to be harbouring them or working with them you will be arrested.
Present your ID’s when asked to.

Lillie and Hedy sit there quietly and wait for the demons to ask for their ID’s as part of the inspection.

To be continued

Offline Chaos297

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 06:28:27 PM »
Spoiler
Demon Slayer Hedy
Chapter 3
Another World Part 3

The Humanoid Demons work their way through the tavern asking people to show their ID’s which they each conspicuously pull out of their left pocket on their tops in front of their hearts.

Lillie and Hedy keep their cool as the demons work their way from the left side of the tavern to them and don’t reach for their weapons.

One of the demons walks up to Hedy and says “Young girl,
show me your ID.”

Hedy reaches into the left breast pocket and pulls out an ID and hands it to the demon silently while putting on a look of nervousness consistent with a 12 year old being questioned by an authority figure.

The demon looks at her ID and says “Yours checks out little girl,
but is this woman your mother?”

Lillie pulls out the ID in her left breast pocket and says “I’m not her mother sir,
I’m her older sister.
Our mother was the captain of a ship that got sunk in the early stages of the war.
Please excuse my speaking for my sister as she isn’t very comfortable speaking with non humans yet.”

The demon gets a skeptical look and replies “If you’re her older sister that fits,
but if your mother was a ship captain then do not write her off just yet.”
“Many ships crews are currently prisoners.
Are you not from this town?” The demon asks with a serious look.

“We’re from a recently annexed town to the north,
but our cousin lives here and wanted us to visit.
She wanted to see we’re alright despite the resistance forces who defended the town.” Lillie replies with a look of worry.

The demon hands back her ID with a satisfied look and says “Well everything seems to be in order so I hope you become productive citizens under King Solomon's rule.”

The demons go about their inspection normally and once they’ve inspected everyone's ID’s gather at the door, and the one in charge says “If you see anyone with Blond Hair and Blue Eyes,
especially females, alert the town mayor.
Report any and all details you have and you’ll be rewarded accordingly.”

The demons leave the tavern and everyone goes back to their drinking and the bartender walks up to Lillie and says “We’ve been hearing about those two Arians they were looking for all day.
I doubt they aren’t likely to still be in town.
I overheard you say you were from out of town and that your mother captained a ship but I wouldn’t hold out hope,
my wife was on one of the ships the day they started sinking them,
apparently they only take those they fish out of the water alive prisoner.”

Lillie looks at him and sees a funny look in his eyes then Hedy says “We are who we say we are,
but our mother never learned to swim,
unless there was a miracle that day she drowned for sure.”

The bartender steps away and says “Sorry to hear that is the case.”

The bartender walks away and someone sits next to Lillie and says “The Barkeep used to get his beer from abroad especially the guinness,
but now he has to get every drop from this island.
He doesn’t trust the demons much either,
that’s why we asked him to test you before we spoke to you.
When you leave here head to the factory in the north of the forge,
ask to speak to McGraw and we’ll talk openly.”

The person gets up and walks away quietly and leaves the tavern.

“We can trust him,
he and the barkeeper are telling the truth Lillie,
we should go after we finish our drinks.” Hedy whispers to Lillie with a look of confidence in her eyes

Lillie looks at her and whispers back “If you trust him then I guess I might as well trust him too,
but how on earth do you keep picking up on this stuff so easily?”

“Grandma “AKA Grandmaster Magdalena” told me it’s a side effect of that incident 7 years ago calling it ESP,
but I don’t know what it means or how to use this ability but tells me things it didn’t tell me before.” Hedy whispers back as an explanation of her unusual ability to pick up on things other people would miss.

Lillie takes another sip of her beer and says “If that’s the case then she should have informed me before the mission.”

After that the two of them sit there quietly drinking until their glasses are empty and leave the tavern quietly.

They walk to the forge and look for the factory in the north of the forge, as they wander around with confused looks a woman walks up to them and says “Excuse me but this area is off limits to non staff members,
please leave.”

Lillie turns to her and says “Sorry to intrude but we were told to come here and speak to someone called McGraw,
you wouldn’t happen to know where we can find them would you?”

The woman looks at Lillie with a look of surprise and say “Follow me,
McGraw's place is over this way.”

The woman leads them to a large factory and yells “HEY!!!
MCGRAW YOU LETCH!!!
YOU HAVE TWO WOMEN HERE TO SEE YOU AND ONE IS UNDER AGE!!!
GET OUT HERE AND EXPLAIN YOURSELF OR I’LL REPORT YOU AS A SUSPECTED PEDOPHILE!!!”

A tall man with black hair and brown eyes walks out of the factory in a blue jump suit and says “Honestly,
do you have to shout and make accusations like that when you know they aren’t true?
One of these days someone is going to believe you and I’m gonna end up a pariah because of your big mouth.”

The woman glares at him like her eyes are daggers and says “You are the one who keeps giving out invites to people who have no place coming here and doing your business on my premisis you *censored*e bag!”

“Enough of the arguing already!!!
We came here to speak to someone so either get it over with or we’re leaving!!!” Lillie states with a seriously annoyed look.

McGraw turns to the door and says “If that’s the case then just follow me.
And as for you Jessica,
do not upset my clients any more than you already have if you insist on sticking around!”

They all walk into the factory and head to the office before McGraw turns on a tape which plays the sound of McGraw and Jessica arguing like outside and Jessica pushes a button on the floor with her foot opening a hidden passage.

McGraw and Jessica don’t say a word and quietly walk into the passage and beckon Lillie and Hedy to follow them.

Lillie and Hedy follow them into the passage and find themselves in a large underground room with an unusual world map different from that of the earth but with similar land masses and markings indicating the spread of the Demons control of the earth and another that shows where in Scotland has been taken and where is still contested.

McGraw turns to them and says “Apologies for the over the top performance out front,
Jessica reads too many stories of the wrong type for ideas.”

Jessica glares at him with a look of annoyance and says “Well if you don’t want me acting like a Tsundere then what do you want me to act like!?”

McGraw raises his arm and slams his hand down on the table and says “Honestly!!!
Enough of the Japanese Slang you geeky tomboy!!!”

Lillie draws her swords and puts them to their throats and yells “ENOUGH!!!
THIS DAY HAS BEEN TOO LONG AND STRESSFUL TO PUT UP WITH THIS CRAP TODAY!!!
EITHER GET TO THE POINT AND MAKE GOOD ON YOUR PROMISES FROM THE NOTE AND THE BAR OR ELSE I’LL PAINT THIS ROOM RED!!!”

Everyone goes quiet for a moment and Jessica says “Sorry for the stupidity.
Our acting outside has a measure of truth to it but only in how we feel about each other.”

Lillie calms down and puts away her swords and says “Well if all the stupidity is done then let's get to whatever it was you called us here for.”

McGraw and Jessica stand beside each other on the other side of a table in the middle of the room and McGraw says “I’ll start by explaining the most important thing,
you two are demon slayers from a world we refer to as Shaien,
this world is a whole other universe we call Antheria.”
“In this world as you’re aware we use magic and have a demon problem,
as you can see from the maps and as you’ve heard in town we’re getting our asses kicked left and right.
Our problems though aren’t as bad as yours since the demons have been on the hunt for you for the last six months,
it’s like they’ve been expecting you to show,
and we are guessing you only just arrived in our world today,
but your friends did some time ago.” McGraw continues with a serious look

“The main problem for you now is that you are at a disadvantage to the demons,
they outnumber you,
have more info on you than you have on them,
and they’ve had plenty of time to prepare for your arrival and even caught one of you already.” Jessica states with a look of worry as she explains some of the details of their situation and continues by saying “The good news is you have allies in this world such as us in the Scottish Resistance forces,
we have the resources and manpower to at least help free your captured friend and find the others.
Another thing is we’re well aware of how advanced your world is compared to ours currently.
We were once a lot more advanced,
but when things went to hell our technology suffered for it,
now we’re lucky to still have lights.”

Lillie and Hedy stand there and listen carefully as Jessica and McGraw continue to explain the details of their worlds complexities and when they are done Lillie looks at them calmly and says “If I’m getting this right,
this former Human King Solomon decided that because Humans were disrupting the natural order and polluting the world,
we needed to go on a No Fossil Fuels and No advanced technology diet consisting of pure Cold Turkey to address the problem whether we like it or not.
That’s about the gist of it correct?” Lillie asks with a look of curiosity.

Jessica walks up to the island map and says “That is the case,
but what we’ve explained is just what little we know of the situation,
there is surely more we do not know.
For instance there is the fact that we don’t know which of your friends it is in Aberdeen other than he’s the kid who uses guns,
and the one in the high lands uses spears and lances and is quite a skilled child,
but will be eliminated within a month by the demonic forces.

Lillie gets a look of worry and asks “The one in Aberdeen is called Kurt,
and the one in the Highlands is Hans,
both of them are cousins of ours,
all of us have the last name Brandt.
They and Hedy’s lives are my personal responsibility so tell me honestly,
what are the chances we can rescue them with your help?”

McGraw walks up next to Jessica with a concerned look and says “We don’t have a strong presence in either location,
but we can at least get you to both relatively safely if you hide the fact you’re Arians.
The problem is you aren’t equipped for what you’re up against,
standard weapons won’t do much against demons when they’re in this world.”

“I sort of sensed that when I tasted some sea water.” Hedy states with a look of surprise.
“I sensed there was an energy in the water native to this world that allows for Magic and probably boosts the powers of the demons,
so I immediately tried to remember some of the spells I read in a book in my grandmother's library and got an odd feeling when remembering them.” Hedy continues to explain as she looks at them.

Lillie turns to her with a look of shock and says “You mean you knew that we are in a different world this whole time!?
Why didn’t you tell me!?
And do you really know some spells that could be of use!?”

Hedy turns away from Lillie and says “I wasn’t sure but I suspected,
you know what I’m like with my episodes so you know I’m not likely to use them.”

Lillie calms down and puts her hand on Hedy’s head and says “It’s ok,
I’m not angry just shocked you held out on me for this long.”

Jessica points to Aberdeen on the map and says “Whatever you’re going to do you need to decide within the week,
your friend Kurt will be getting transferred to London in 7 days,
if you want to save him you’ve only got two options to save him and they are,
either hit the transport,
or bust him out and get your asses up to the highland at top speed.”

Lillie looks at her and asks “Just how heavily guarded are the cells in Aberdeen's prison?”

McGraw pulls out an old floor plan and says “They can only squeeze humanoids into that place without sacrificing combat viability,
so only 5 of them are on site,
but…
they’ve got a local garrison within the city as well as an army of different demons in the surrounding forest they’ll sick on you.”

“Then we’ll just need to escape via a non physical route!” Hedy states clearly with a look of wisdom despite the fact she shouldn’t know what she’s talking about.

Everyone looks at her with a look of shock like she just said something totally ingenious but totally impractical and Lillie says “You may have a point,
but it’s totally impractical,
we don’t know how the portal that brought us here works!”

Hedy steps up to the table and looks at the floor plan and says “This prison has a max security solitary sector deep inside the prison,
I’d bet money on it that’s where they’ve got Kurt.”
“Even if he had his guns and we had Hans and the other instructors,
the layout of this place is designed to not only keep prisoners in but any and all would be rescuers,
and is designed to let us get in deep before trapping us there,
a teleport of some sort is our only chance.” Hedy states with a serious look as she reads the floor plan.

Lillie walks up to her and says “You may have a point about the viability of rescuing him without an exit plan,
but we can hit them while they transport him and escape easier that way.”

Hedy turns her head to Lillie and says “I know you’re a master strategist and tactician,
but that plan is the most obvious one there is and they know we’d try that so it’s a no go.”
“We need to come up with a viable way to escape with him from the Prison or we won’t be able to save him.” Hedy states with a tone of annoyance as she turns her head back to the Floor Plan.

Hedy steps away and lowers her head and says “How to pull this off… Hmm…”

McGraw steps away from the table and mutters “If only we were in contact with the McKenzie’s,
we’d be able to use the escape methods of our people within Demon held territory!”

Jessica turns to him with a pissed off look and yells “Don’t you dare think of contacting them!!!
They may be our allies but they are one of the groups that pulled out of the fight to take back the Demon held territories so to hell with them!!!”

Hedy gets a look like something utterly ingenious just hit her like a ton of bricks as she turns to them and yells “You just said something that really may be the key to our success!!!”

Hedy turns to Lillie and says “Lillie!
Bertha told me that you are a bit of a history buff,
so do you happen to know anything about ancient Scottish Warfare?”

Lillie gets a shocked look and says “Did you seriously either just get an ingenious idea or have you lost it!?”

Hedy turns to her and says “No time to explain but I need the details as quick as you can!
And Miss Jessica do you have any books on Scottish Warfare tactics from this world,
or any materials that cover covert movement from this world?”

Jessica gets a stunned look and says “You may have just figured something out!
I’ll get the books right now!
And I’d cooperate with her if I were you Lillie,
the girl’s seriously onto something huge here!”

Jessica leaves the room via a door leading deeper into the underground facility and doesn’t return for several minutes and when she does, brings a cart of books with her.

“This is everything relevant to the tactics of our people,
going back all the way to when the Romans invaded via England.” Jessica states with a look like she’s been digging through a mountain of books and continues “While I was at it I dug out anything related to Shinobi,
and anyone else known to be able to disappear and reappear like rabbits in and out of a Magician's hat!”

Hedy turns to her while sitting in a corner holding a map of Scotland and says “Thanks for that!”
“I had Lillie fill me in on what she knows,
so I know what subjects to look at specifically while she cooks up a battle plan.” She continues with an excited look.

“So have you got any promising leads?” Jessica asks with a curious and excited yet calm look.

Hedy walks over and picks up a book on ancient Ninja techniques and one on Celtic guerrilla warfare tactics and says “I’ve got a few,
if what Mr McGraw said is accurate then I’ve got a decent idea of what I’m after,
it may be useful to you too!”

(3 Days Later in Aberdeen)

Lillie and Hedy wander through the city carefully and cautiously looking for a decent Inn to stay at and Lillie says “Honestly,
how hard is it to find an Inn in a city these days?”

Hedy walks alongside her and says “I remember seeing one on the map just down the street,
but it’s apparently tourist season or something so we aren’t likely to get a room.”

“You’ve sure become talkative the last few days,
I never pegged you as much of a talker,
but you’re not only talkative but have a really good brain in your head.” Lillie states with an impressed look.

Hedy turns her head away and says “Bertha talked about you all the time but didn’t go into too much detail,
but said you’re a really harsh instructor so I was a bit nervous at first.”

Lillie keeps walking calmly and says “Not surprising,
she said to me that you are a bright and bubbly ball of energy with a talent for fighting,
and better at academics than she was.” Lillie says as they walk but doesn’t look to Hedy when Hedy looks at her in surprise and she continues by saying “She even went so far as to confess to me that she was envious of your shear intuitive knack for using knowledge and wisdom to your advantage.”

While staring up at her face she sees a tear run down Lillie’s face and says “Maybe we should pick this up later at the Inn.”

Lillie wipes her tear away and quietly says “Yes, you’re right we should have this conversation in private.”

Later at the Inn Lillie sits on a bed opposite from one Hedy sits on and says “I’m sorry for that display on the street earlier.”
“I never thought I’d begin to crack up publicly in the middle of a mission,
I nearly jeopardize the whole plan with my lack of control.” Lillie continues with a look of self disappointment.

Hedy lowers her head and says “I wasn’t far from losing it too,
I decided to do what little I could under the circumstances.”
“In the incident 7 years ago my older sister Bertha saved my life at the cost of her own,
I’ve never been able to forget the demons that did it.” Hedy continues as tears fall from her face.

Lillie raises her head and says “I know how you feel since I blame myself for not being able to protect her either.”
“I wanted to move in and rescue her and the other trainees caught in the attack,
but because she was one of my students I was overruled on the grounds I was too emotionally involved to make a clear decision.” She continues with tears running down her face.

“I guess we’ve both got issues related to what happened to her.
Her death caused my PTSD which I would have told Kurt and Hans if we had time,
but we both know that we won’t be able to tell them for some time yet.” Hedy states with a look of guilt that they aren’t there to hear the details of the tragic story they’ve chosen to put into words.

"Lets leave this for a better time Hedy,
I think we have something important to talk about.” Lillie states calmly as she wipes her eyes.

Hedy wipes the tears from her eyes and says “I agree,
we both cared about Bertha before she died that day.”

Hedy stands up and walks over to the window and leans against the ledge and says “Is it that you’re worried about reclaiming or replacing Kurt’s guns?”

Lillie looks straight at her and says “Yes that’s what I’m worried about.
Kurt is more than capable with his bare hands but he’s only at his best with his guns,
let's hope we can find some viable replacements.”

Hedy looks at her confidently and says “Well I did read a story about a pair of handguns native to this universe,
I’m pretty confident we can get them for Kurt.”

Lillie gets up and walks to her and says “We’ll be able to look into that after we rescue Kurt,
but before that we should go eat.”

Lillie walks to the door and says “Let's get going before it gets much later,
also I don’t like the look of those clouds in the sky so we should probably find a place indoors to eat.”

Lillie and Hedy leave the room with a look of confidence and head toward a nearby cafe.

(Meanwhile in the prison)

Kurt sits in a cell and thinks “I wish I had my guns when I got here.”
Kurt flashes back to when he was in the portal and remembers trying to stay close to Hans but being drawn further and further away from him and losing his gun belt and watching as it flies toward Hans before he catches it.

“I seriously hope he still has my guns!
If not I’m gonna punch him!!” Kurt thinks in a frustrated tone.

Just as Kurt is beginning to doze off one of the Humanoid demons opens the cell doors eye slide and says “Hey Demon Slayer Brat!
We’ve heard reports that two of your comrades have been sighted in Glasgow!
They are expected to be coming here to rescue you!”

“But don’t get your hopes up!
We’ve increased security and even have an Insectoid working with us who’s fought you brats before!” The Humanoid states with a note of confidence in an arrogant tone.

Kurt glares at the Humanoid and says “You think you’re capable of taking my friends?
HAH!!!
Don’t make me laugh!!
You rejects from wherever you’re from aren’t capable of taking my friends in a fight,
especially not my instructor she’ll cut you to pieces!!!”

The Humanoid goes silent for a moment then says calmly “Maybe in your own world it is the case that the Demon Slayers slay the Demons but,
here in this world it is the Demons who slay the Demon Slayers!”
“In other words,
in our world you preditors become our prey!!!” The Humanoid states clearly with it’s eyes glowing bright red.

To Be Continued

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 01:25:26 PM »
both stories up and the vote has begun. Only 12 days remaining

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 04:32:34 PM »
First vote in, thanks for voting whoever it was :heart:. Only 9 more days guys

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 02:23:34 PM »
Last week to vote guys

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 09:25:26 PM »
Last 3 days to vote, get em in while ya can!  :sheep:

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2017, 04:05:17 PM »
Second vote in, itd be nice if you guys could leave comments on what you liked more about the one you picked as it'd help us see what we need to improve on, but I ain't gonna force ya :sheep: