September 20, 2017, 05:54:26 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Manimal's Music  (Read 9325 times)

Offline Manimal

• God of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONG)
« Reply #330 on: August 14, 2017, 04:51:48 PM »
THIS MIX + VOX SUCK BUT THE TRACK DOESN'T IN FACT I AM VERY PROUD OF MY BASS PLAYING HERE, and the noise. However the mix just didn't work, oh well.

Crisis
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldman5090/crisis

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 15, 2017, 06:39:09 PM »
So far for 50/90 I've done 7 songs referencing Castro or Cuba, about 4 or more Love Live and now about 3 Finland.

Nothing I could do about the clipping, the mic couldn't handle me.

Suomi, Salami, Sasami?
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldman5090/suomi-salami-sasami

The idea for now is you know what, who cares. When school starts again I'm sure I'll get back on track with my tunes but for now, I just jam and not really care.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 06:42:56 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW ALBUM)
« Reply #332 on: August 23, 2017, 03:45:22 PM »
Barry Goldman : Aesthetic

1. My Aesthetic
2. Visit
3. Divers High
4. Nico Is A Skate Punk
5. Yohane's Gothic Dawn
6. Grandma's Vacation To Cuba
7. I'll Have A Water
8. Crisis
9. Starscream's Brigade
10. Hospitality
11. Farming For Commies

All songs written & performed by the Manimal

https://barrygoldman.bandcamp.com/album/aesthetic

HEY WAIT YOU ALREADY DID THIS ONE?

Ya I changed my mind. Since I've done 36 songs for 50/90 so far I rushed to make the first set way too fast and ended up with something really bad. So I thought I'd make the best album I could from what I've done so far to say hey, this was my summer. That kind of thing.

It's not a great set it's not a terrible set. It's just time to erase everything and get ready to start again. This is the 9th album of mine.

For the record this is the Barry Goldman discography. Just a boring list. Dates recorded.

Spoiler
ALBUMS
Fricktionary (Jul-Sept 16)
Always A Critic (Sept-Nov 16)
You Get The Point (Nov-Dec 16)
Flat As Manitoba (Jan-Feb 17)
Midnight Stella (Feb 17)
Magnus Bridge (Mar-May 17)
Homestyle (May 17)
Black Hair Like Blood (May-June 17)
Aesthetic (Jul-Aug 17)

EPs
Dumpster Dipstick (Nov 16)
Krayon (Feb 17)
Refrigerator Worthy (Mar 17)
Second Hand Style (May 17)
Hold My Harmonica (Jun-Jul 17)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 03:56:50 PM by Manimal »

Offline Shane

• View Profile
Re: The Manimal's Music
« Reply #333 on: August 23, 2017, 03:48:31 PM »
Welcome back minamal, u been gone for 2 years

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 23, 2017, 03:55:07 PM »
Ya I know, I can't believe it takes me 2 years to make every album.

Also mina-mal. I like it. I approve of the intentional letter swap.

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 28, 2017, 08:03:12 PM »
Next set begins, the weeb revolution.

Third Party
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldman5090/thirdparty

Lyrics 
Spoiler
Revolution, just confusion
Give me your ears to clean out your fears
Gonna burst, clear mind's first
Answer engineers, pioneer to profiteers

You are a figure for somebody's game
Stomachs grow bigger when your fanning the flame
Look for a singer to ease the pain
The Moe Revolution drips in reign

What'd you do when you roll the dice
and you get snake eyes in your paradise
Double smiles mean someone's lying
If black and white is all you're buying

Violence, no silence
No one thinks, no one blinks
You receive, what you perceive
Indoctrinating needle, wrapping you fettle

You are a figure for somebody's game
Stomachs grow bigger when your fanning the flame
Look for a singer to ease the pain
The Moe Revolution drips in reign

If no one is right for you, let no one write for you
There is nothing to do, when you are screwed

Disengage, turn the dial
Avoid the rampage with a smile
Set the stage, wait a while
If they kill each other it's their trial

You with me say alright
No guns, no fight
No sun, no light
Peace is...outta sight

What'd you do when you roll the dice
and you get snake eyes in your paradise
Double smiles mean someone's lying
If black and white is all you're buying

If no one is right for you, let no one write for you
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 10:29:49 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONGS)
« Reply #336 on: August 30, 2017, 12:26:35 PM »
The MR music chain oh my!

Not super happy or unhappy with this one. I want to make more hair metal-ish songs, the only real riffy semi but not metal songs I've made previous are Yuri Goggles and Family Dinner Conversations. I don't want to go full on naturally, especially since I CAN'T SING metal or anything. I showed someone my tunes yesterday, he was surprised at how all the bad elements of my music, like my out of key singing, the Rock Band mic'd drums and all, connected together to sound like something. Ha ha, he couldn't believe the way I sing, I find people who don't know me super well are surprised by that. I guess they expect me to be some chill guy.

Call Of Mugi
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldman5090/call-of-mugi

Lyrics
Spoiler
We got big ideas now, we got our reason to be
Don't want you any how, turn around and just-uh
We want clearer minds see, we think straight to the dirt
Wish we could all be carefree, but now you make us pick-uh

Panzers, in my head
Panthers, in my bed
No rest till we're dead
I pick ignorance instead

We want a lil' sensation, we dreamt our time away
No blood for our nation, it's only my location

Fight fight, the winter dawns
Fight fight, nights grow long
Fight fight, our final song
Fight fight, all are wrong

Call of Mugi, runs in my heart
Call of Mugi, in my veins
Call of Mugi, tears you apart
Call of Mugi, in cloudy plains

This is a more normal Manimal like song. MY VOCALS OH GOD.

Silent Suggestions
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldman5090/silent-suggestions

Lyrics
Spoiler
When I found you, on the path to destruction
Your quiet voice hissed, a countdown to eruption
With someone in control, you'll stay in check
I'll clear the fog and get you outta this wreck

See through my fingers, speak through my palm
We'll be the winners, don't be alarmed

I'll keep you away, from what you mustn't see
You won't have to strain yourself, over what to be

It's not the cause, that makes the reason
Never ask because, just accept the season

See through my fingers, speak through my palm
We'll be the winners, don't be alarmed

Can't understand me, so I speak for you
This world will eat you, so let us complete you

Wallflower Army
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldman5090/wallflower-army

Lyrics
Spoiler
What's that smell it's all around, b.o. black hole sweat stained frown
Everybody just talks so loud, the wallflowers have their crowd
Rolling dice reading the rules, you a fool? Get back to school
Who know I was never alone, all of us are seen not known

So be me, see me, join me, you can see
Anything, you want, work hard, it's bought
That was the promise she told me
That was the price she sold me
Now, giddity up, get down, no frown, outta town
Anything you want, work hard, it's bought
It was no lie she told me
No fib to big to fold me

What's that smell it's fallen down, we have out boots on the ground
Black hair general's got the plan, no scam no demands just a stand
What're you doing stuck in the shop, are we winners or are we props?
Who knew we where never alone, we'll be both seen and known

So be me, see me, join me, you can see
Anything, you want, work hard, it's bought
That was the promise she told me
That was the price she sold me

Here's your gun, here is your knife
It's not fun, this is our life
You don't care? How dare...

You! Can't ya see? We're fine and we're doing alright
You! Can't you see? We'll fight for our lives
You! Can't ya see? We're fine and we're doing alright
You! Can't you see? We'll fight for our lives
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 05:30:41 PM by Manimal »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 01, 2017, 08:16:17 PM »
Listening to Midnight Stella on your bandcamp in its entirety. Will list my thoughts as I progress.

Damn, that intro. Did you get Gelmra to do it or something?

The first track (Track #2) is so darn fitting. The thrashing drums, the rocking guitars! Good stuff.

Guh... Retail Rumble. I wish I finished that manga.

Track 3: I definitely never heard this one before. It's got that summer time looking out at the sun feel. So light and airy and fun. Damn it may even approach Arakawa under the bridges' ending song. And that was always a favourite of mine. 'Canonbaaaaaaaal, future!'  The breakdown is real good, though no surprise there.

#4: Wow I am totally not biased on this front but this may be my favourite track of the album!

#5: The album song is different for sure. I rarely 'see' narrative tracks from you. It's really fitting in how slow it is and stuff. Guh it reminds me of something but I can't place it in my memory. The 'Take off now' bit really makes the song. This is something that should be played live by a band for sure. (Or by a squad of Barry Goldmen)

#6: Scene of Midnight beginning is hilarious. Now I know the origins of 'Barry Goldman'. I just imagine a gurren lagann space scene.

#7:  'Dingus'. I googled the word. Fascinating. The guitars here are catchy as all heck. They just feel... so cowboy western for some reason. I'm probably wrong but the jive feel they give are legit. That breakdown at the end! Daaamn the drums

#8: Re-Floormatted I couldn't follow the lyrics as much but I really liked the supporting voice and guitars (all the manimal of course but yeah it worked). Re-flooormatted!  (hahaha what the hell was niko niko barf)  (and haha even you ended up laughing while rocking out to the song)

#9 Theme for Midnight *thumbs up* yeah man. These are guitars that take a catman away. Good stuff. Guh the fade out at the end just doesn't stop. Really good stuff.

#10 Suddenly we are in space with Moonphase II. Funny enough I thought 'space' before I read the title because of the beginning astronaut radio sounds. This instantly reminded me of a space anime - Planetes. Man I loved that anime. Slice of life in space. The feels man, the feels!  'Midnight Stella please rescue me, the last person in love with eternity.' Should be a freaking T-Shirt. A quote for the ages even. Great song.

#11 More space! I felt like I'd already listened to the definitive space songs of the album with Moonphase and Scene of Midnight, but it's sort of a fitting song you sort of always expect in a long album. I preferred the pensieve slow part of the song more than the addition, but it was an interesting song nonetheless. As always you can always expect your songs to be a journey rather than a repetivite pop-esque 'vocals over a music track' thing. It's the plague of new-school music. And yes, I say this knowing that I do the same. But come on. 4 chord songs are fun and all, but songs that stay in memory are those 8 minute tracks that just evolve and take you away.

Ahem. That being said this song managed to change twice in in a row hahaha. I'm impressed! And a bit worried...

P.s lyrics plz?

#12 'It is the year 2005 and I don't even know if something happened or whatever... Yeah!" Que guitars... "Subsribe... To Myanimlist!" And I think I heard the first f word by the famous Barry Goldman. Is this literally a song about anime reviewing and... shoes and... a fanzine? Man, this should be like a sitcom theme song. It's not a 'Stella' themed song but it's really cool in its eagle's-eye fly over details of the anime lifestyle.

I feel like making a fanzine.

HAHAHA 'And we have a podcast too... We stream at 6:30 because (couldn't catch this part) ' HAHA man this made me smile man. Fun song. Fun song.

I assume in advance that the breakdown will be awesome so I'll just step back and rate the album as a whole. Hm. 'strokes chin' Nicely done, Manimal. I usually only hear your tracks bit by bit and don't know how they come together but this really builds up well.

Oh gawd I thought I wouldn't comment on the breakdown but this one was pretty out there. The mic screech and the guitars go so wild they take over the general track... And then it just cuts off. Interesting stuff.

Whelp, that concludes my first MR album review. Very insightful I know, but I listened to it on a whim and enjoyed it a heck of a lot especially as I typed up the results.

Serious props Manimal. Fun as heck album!

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 01, 2017, 08:27:04 PM »
When the first human on earth actually listens to the whole of one of my albums...

Lego dude, thank you infinite times for listening to it all and posting your thoughts, this is amazing to me really I appreciate it to the highest levels!

To ease some confusion these are the album lyrics, with some spelling mistakes, that's Nair on the intro! The album's story is more...an idea then anything. Barry Goldman is the Dingus Bo Bingus and he lives in an empty Zellers. He prays to the stars for something to come to him and change things and sure enough Midnight Stella arrives. She is also in my album Blood Hair Like Blood and on my upcoming one. I think of Stella as an idea, a Goddess figure built from ideals who only brings destruction in her path.
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,17254.msg280200.html#msg280200

I wanted to make an album that could represent me as a daydreaming idealizer, me as a dingus geek and me as a Canadian. The expression is not perfect but it gets things across to a better degree then my next albums. Black Hair Like Blood is my best album techically, but it doesn't have the same character of me and the songs are more straight on.

There are some big issues I'd change with the album, such as extending Cluster Nebula to another verse before it goes crazy, and re doing Inside My Fanzine to fix some big timing and vocal issues, but still it's my album album you know. The one with da most heart. The recordings can be rough, I'm still learning but even now my songs have better sound. So that knocks down some tracks I feel, but songs like Moonphase II and Kanan's School Of Sunshine are my best expressions of myself yet. Once more thank you soooo much for this Lego! Seriously, it means a lot to me that you'd do this!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 09:44:34 PM by Manimal »

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 01, 2017, 09:01:51 PM »
Im late but.....im really like you ""Goof Troops"  Minamal

Since you come this far..........................................

why don't you try this one out.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH7nEnB9S1M

it's ok if you don't want to........

it's ok.......

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 01, 2017, 09:14:19 PM »
Oh thanks! That's one of my most me songs!

God Knows oh ya, I do love the song, that's a good cover also. I can't sing J songs though! Believe me, I sometimes try to sing Yui and Utada songs, even White Album and Love Live like Soldier Game. But I can't say the words, I have to try extra hard and also...I just cannot sing those songs, trying to do say, Utada's Distance with my voice, yow.

I've been wanting to take the style of those Haruhi songs, Hokago Tea Time and the Girls Dead Monster stuff. I love the J Pop and Ani J Rock sound a lot but it's another kind of song writing style that I just haven't reached the level of. I currently can't compose vocal melodies, I don't have the focus. I just come up with guitar parts and slam out a track. But maybe one day I'll be better...God Knows right.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 09:16:13 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 09, 2017, 01:29:19 PM »
The continuing story of Barry Goldman who is now Dingus Bo Bingus, Commander Mugi, General Mio, the Moe Revolution, Yuigrad and being lame. Soon enough Stella will show up as this album is naturally the next part of Magnus Bridge. If I don't connect all my music it's just not fun then. Black Hair Like Blood is also part of it, I imagine this Earth has layer after layer of reality and in one of those layers Stella found herself as a short lived rockstar in 2002.

At the end of Magnus Bridge the Diametric Twin Tailed Goddess breaks through another layer when she glasses the planet starting with the rusted out and empty Zellers. Now she got new plans and the Dingus is led by his ideals into somewhere...perhaps unideal.

This song is whatever. I JUST WANT TO MAKE JANGLE SONGS BUT MY BRAIN CAN'T COME UP WITH ANYTHING  ON MAH 12-STRING! FU THEN! I KEEP MAKING THE SAME FRICKING SONG OVER AND OVER AND OVER. IT'S ALL BEEN YOHANE'S GOTHIC DAWN, THAT SAME VOCAL LINE, GOOD JOB ME! *ahem* anyway.

Treehouse Walls
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/treehouse-walls

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 10, 2017, 06:45:39 PM »
It's not every time The Manimal is proud of himself but this time, almost. Finally I got to use my 12-string for the first time in nearly 40 songs. Though it is a little too close to Moonphase II, I mean it's a Stella song but still. This is a bit ahead in the Yuigrad story. Midnight Stella has been lost since the end of Magnus Bridge when the Diametric Twin Tailed Goddess glassed Earth and broke another plain of reality. Stella and the Goddess are sent far away but soon again the trail is found. Stella has burnt into Earth's atmosphere and finds the ghosts of reality who lead her to Yuigrad where she fights the Wallflower army to get to the Dingus and inform him of Commander Mugi, aka the Diametric Twin Tail Goddess', lies. However she is caught at the end and the last piece of the Magnus Bridge is in place...

Stella Skies
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/stella-skies

Lyrics
Spoiler
All along the solar system
Rocket burners leak transmission
I lost my way in the galaxy
The rusted Zellers falicy
My trails covered in burning stars
Glass the surface red as Mars
The light strangled under the moon
Twin Tailed Goddess arrives too soon

Another plate of reality
Shattered and erased entirely
2000 and 2 lightyears away
The midnight looms and forever stays 
Burning black hair in atmosphere
To indifferent to muster a tear
My eyes open to a ghostly light
Cover my wounds and send me to fight

The fortress city with lightning walls
Where misguided vile deception crawls
I feel the light of my hero fade
Diametric hands twist and jade 
The ghosts on my trail storm the gate
For 100 hours we battle for fate
Wallflower armies cut at the stem
The delusion sticks and cracks like flem

Yuigrad falls to its knees
Midnight ripples through virtual trees
I turn him over and find a face
Revolution stamped blood in disgrace
The dream dictotar loses her mask
Twin tails slip like shattered glass
Wrap around till I fall numb
The Magnus Bridge will soon be done
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 06:58:04 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONG FEAT LEGO)
« Reply #343 on: September 12, 2017, 01:01:30 PM »
To dial back one chapter this is the song taking place after Treehouse Walls. In this I sing from the POV of General Mio and Lego from Ritsu. Yuigrad is attacked by the ghosts of reality and this is the battle. Wack track, fun but it has some issues and a total let down of a chorus, but it's just meant to feel like...wut? But it's got Lego on it, third song with him. This time I wrote everything so it's not as fun as the other two, but it was meant to be like two characters telling the story in conversation sort of.

Pink Blood On The Battlefield (Feat Lego)
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/pink-blood-on-the-battlefield

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONGS)
« Reply #344 on: September 13, 2017, 06:15:16 PM »
I like the track, but my singing...my singing...my singing...my singing...story wise this is after Stella Skies and the instrumental a song below this. From the POV of the Diametric Twin Tail Goddess now that she has captured Midnight Stella and powered the Magnus Bridge.

Coughing Up The Heel
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/coughing-up-the-heel

This is much nicer one, a Stella theme. It goes between Stella Skies and Coughing Up The Heel.

Theme For Twin Tailed Winter
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/theme-for-twin-tailed-winter