September 21, 2018, 04:03:27 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Portflio  (Read 2553 times)

Offline TheScarletofaRose

• Does this show on my profile?
    • View Profile
Portflio
« on: June 16, 2016, 01:41:57 AM »
My alias is TheScarletofaRose.

I've been writing original work for about seven years now. I write stories, scripts, poems, etc. I tend to stick to the supernatural, romance, tragedy, fantasy genres more than anything else, but I have written an action categorized story before. Recently I've dabbled in comedy. Many of my works are single storied, but I do have a handful of continuous works.
I will collaborate with artists unpaid, as I have yet to be considered a professional writer. I prefer to be the sole writer with advisers than to work with multiple other writers. I have done it many times and the work never turns out--in my opinion--as strong as it would have been with just one writer. That being said, if I like the project, I will put forth my all regardless of the amount of writers.
If asked to collaborate with an artist or fellow writer, my main request is constant updates over the progress of the project. I refuse to work in an environment where I doubt my partner. That and happiness. No sense in working on a project you don't fully enjoy. It reflects on the work. Genres that I write are supernatural, fantasy, romance, tragedy, slice of life, comedy (dark and light). Here are a couple samples of my writing styles:

An excerpt from an original story, Doc's Sanctuary for Sin

~~~As soon as he saw Wrath, a smirk crept along his face. He began to advance towards Wrath in a way that reminded her of a predator advancing on its prey. He stopped about five inches from Wrath’s face. His green eyes flashed, his smile grew, and when he spoke, a low french-laced voice swirled around Wrath.

“Bonjour ma cherie.” Wrath’s body tensed, but she remained calm. “My name is Jean, but you can call me ta amour..” He grabbed Wrath’s hand and placed a kiss on it. Wrath pulled her hand back. “Caroline, but it seems I’m referred to as Wrath nowadays.”~~~

An excerpt from an original script, Guardian Angel

~~~
The library.
The next day, Luke, Lucy, and Alga are all working at the library. Lucy is handling a new customer, while Luke is trying to explain how to shelve books to Alga, who is still clad in her armor.

Lucy
Thank you for coming and have a nice day!

Alga
What is the point of this morning dew system?!? The books are much better off organized by title!

Luke
It is the Dewey Decimal system..

Alga
Shelving books…Me, an Elite Warrior angel made to do Nabu’s work!. Such a boring task! I was trained to fight demons, not put away books!

Luke
I never asked you to stay…

Alga
I assumed Satan would be more persistent after Lucy’s soul. That is the only reason I stayed. Constant battle! The fear of losing to worthless creatures below me! The satisfaction of victory!

Lucy
I’m glad my life being in danger thrills you...

Alga
Maybe your soul is not to Satan’s taste. Tell me human, what is it like to be rejected by Heaven and Hell?

Lucy
I wasn’t rejected!!
~~~

An excerpt from an fan-written story, Your Butler, Always inspired by the anime, Black Butler

~~~A tall man, dressed in all black, appeared in the waters of Beara Peninsula. He walked ashore, his
clothes dripping dry of the ocean water. He swiped a stray water droplet off his cheek as he took in
his surroundings. “Ireland, a beautiful country.” He took a deep breath of the crisp and clean ocean
air and sighed to himself. “Ah, what a wonderful place; so full of delectable opportunities.~~~

Here is an example of how I set up the information surrounding the makings of my story (Plot, setting, character descriptions..)

Falcon's Flower.
Plot
Being adopted at the age of fifteen isn't easy. Falcon Gagneu, withdrawn as he is, is especially having a hard time. Transferring to a new school, an older brother who refuses to acknowledge him, and a dark past enveloping the Gagneu family makes it hard for Falcon to feel welcomed. However five special girls, all part of the Gardening Club, befriend our lost bird and provide him the stability he needs to grow into his new role in life.
Setting
In a small town on the outskirts of a city. Most events take place in the town, but occasionally drift into the city. Major scene locations are: the high school and Falcon's house.
Characters
Falcon: Fifteen years old, straight, medium-length blonde hair; grey eyes; 5'7"; very withdrawn around other people; having taken fifteen years for him to find a family, he doesn't have much hope in his chances as a Gagneu; he is very formal with his adopted parents to keep from getting too attached; he is unable to swim, loves to draw, and enjoys Abel's presence even though he would never tell him.

A list of my completed works:
Bloodlines: Captured
I'll Remember
Guardian Angel
Quest of Seduction
Falcon's Flower
My Kind of Love
Your Butler, Always
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 03:03:55 AM by TheScarletofaRose »
FT

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
Re: Portflio
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 04:44:35 AM »
What do you want from this post. Are looking for an artist to work on manga/comic?
the excerpt are nicely written. Can you write plot summary, world building, character descriptions ?

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 10:13:59 AM »
Oh this topic was just so I could provide a link to my works internally for artists looking for writers. I had no idea where to create the topic, so I just did it here. (I've asked a couple of times) That's why I put the title as portfolio.

These are just some samples of a variety of writings I've accomplished. so plot summaries and character descriptions I didn't think we're necessary. I wasn't advertising them to be illustrated (though no objection if someone volunteers lol). This was jut so if an artist wanted to team with a writer, they would know what kind of writer I am.
FT

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 08:13:38 PM »
I saw the Artists/writer Available topic after posting this. Sorry
 I'm an artist illustrated in working with a writer on Manga/comic . A collaboration type of thing.
I wanted to see if you can write plots,world building, character descriptions.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 11:24:30 PM »
Yeah sure! Are you wanting them for a specific example I put up here, or all in general, or...?
FT

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 12:41:48 AM »
Just for example. To see more of you writing. Its more suitable. so the artist know what he is going to be drawing.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 03:28:24 PM »
No problem! My response took so long because I was trying to find an old script from a few years back to use as my example.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:45:22 AM by TheScarletofaRose »
FT

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 06:15:30 AM »
I see you are a Slice of life writer. Very nice. You are a good writer.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 11:58:07 AM »
Slice of life, supernatural, fantasy, dark comedy, and the occasional tragic romance
FT