April 18, 2024, 11:18:52 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: (Unpaid) Looking for artist for one illustration. Gift for the community.  (Read 5012 times)

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
I'm looking for an artist willing to donate a nice illustration for the MangaRaiders OC character tournament. We would use it in the arena as cool pic for the OP.

It features 8 OC Mangaraiders character from different members. Two of them are brawling and the others are looking at the fight. It would look more or less like this:

Spoiler

The descriptions for each character can be seen here:

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,15654.0.html

I thought it would be a cool thing to have there.  ;D

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Crimson

• View Profile
well fortunately i'm an artist, and this is exactly my kind of thing. I can do it...BUT....you are going to have to make this a little easier for me. First, I need picture references for ALL these characters. from what ive looked into, there's visual references for only 3 out of 8 of them (excluding the composition picture you've drawn) . I havent kept up with the other thread you are linking to, so if more picture refrences exist, please make it easier to find them here in this thread, or feel free to pm me.
Ill do my best

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
That would be awesome! Thank you  ;D

There is also art for Daina. WhiteCrow did it here:

Spoiler

Kalvin.
I wanted to make him wearing his stone armor. Maybe like the earth benders from Avatar wearing the stone armor:

Spoiler

Zenbu

Zenbu is reltively simple. Kind of like a mummy, something like this:

Spoiler

With a hood and a katana on his back. I wanted to have 3 orbs of different colors floating around him so he would not look be so simple. They represent planets.

Grave

Appearance:
Eyes: Pale green, wide-eyed, slightly crazed looking. Dark circles under his eyes.
Hair: White, shoulder length at back.
Facial Hair: Very light stubble
Clothes: White vest top, brown leather jacket, pale green shoulder pads, pale green bandanna (covers top of head, not your rambo style nonsense), brown trousers with lots of pockets, an accessory belt with glass vials.

I tried to make a sketch:

Spoiler

Ryoni

This one is a bit complicated. He has different forms he can use. I imagined him as a guy with one big tattoo on one arm and a demon like helmet.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:35:16 PM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
Yeah, Zenbu is pretty simple. He's all bandaged up like Walter's pic.

The katana is handleless
Spoiler

There's also a war fan tied to his wrist

Spoiler

It's pretty much a Japanese-style war fan that he uses in combat. Unfolded it would look like so

Spoiler

He does wear a white cloak over his bandages though, kinda like these

Spoiler

Spoiler

I guess if you wanted to make him more interesting, you could have him wear a black obi too, either around the cloak or around himself. (An Obi is the tan fabric being used to wrap around the waist here)
Spoiler

And then his chain whip would wrap around over the obi. Chain whips are pretty specific looking, as they're broken into segments
Spoiler

Tobi had something like this connected to his Gunbaru and his wrist
Spoiler

Probably won't be able to fit this in, but there's the symbol of Jupiter on the back of his cloak, as well as the front flaps

Spoiler
[img]http://www.clker.com/cliparts/5/a/d/4/12422514771539765651Jupiter_symbol.svg.hi.png[/img

Whew. Hope that helps make him more interesting

Offline Hope4Future

• Future Writer
  • "Ryujin no ken o kurae!"
    • View Profile
oh, i didn't realize you were searching for an artist to do sketches, i probably would've try to add more detail to my character (Kalvin).

hmm, i suppose you could have him wear the rock armor (if it'd be easier to draw) but maybe not too much like the example (the texture is fine). it'd be more a thin layer of rock covering his body, from head to toe, but then again i'd prefer doing his usual appearance (if possible).

Kalvin's details:

grey eyes, black hair (being somewhat messy), wearing a black T-shirt and jeans (sry, i'm still working on appearances for the characters T.T), with a silver gauntlet on his right arm (only the arm not including the hand) (it does also have a gem on it but idk where, what color, or shape; its good enough without it until then).

that's all i have planned for him so far and i know its not much to work with, i'll try to update this page with more details.

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
That would be awesome! Thank you  ;D

There is also art for Daina. WhiteCrow did it here:

Spoiler

Kalvin.
I wanted to make him wearing his stone armor. Maybe like the earth benders from Avatar wearing the stone armor:

Spoiler

Zenbu

Zenbu is reltively simple. Kind of like a mummy, something like this:

Spoiler

With a hood and a katana on his back. I wanted to have 3 orbs of different colors floating around him so he would not look be so simple. They represent planets.

Grave

Appearance:
Eyes: Pale green, wide-eyed, slightly crazed looking. Dark circles under his eyes.
Hair: White, shoulder length at back.
Facial Hair: Very light stubble
Clothes: White vest top, brown leather jacket, pale green shoulder pads, pale green bandanna (covers top of head, not your rambo style nonsense), brown trousers with lots of pockets, an accessory belt with glass vials.

I tried to make a sketch:

Spoiler

Ryoni

This one is a bit complicated. He has different forms he can use. I imagined him as a guy with one big tattoo on one arm and a demon like helmet.

Walter, I don't like that you are trying to get concept art for Ryoni when I myself haven't been able to get concept art for him. Seems unfair that someone else gives vague descriptions of him and the first time he is drawn to life it's done all wrong. The description that you gave was incorrect and if he was drawn that way then it would not be the character I created. I posted a very detailed description of him and the way I want him to look and I'm pretty set on that.
I just don't want my character to go around the forum and be depicted incorrectly. If the arena and tournament became a bigger thing and this art was used then the entire community would be seeing Ryoni wrong and that would ruin the integrity of my character. I'm fine with you having someone draw them as a group AS LONG as it is done properly and gives him justice meaning that I am consulted and allowed to choose how I want him to be depicted.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
I want the characters to look as the creator wanted, which is why I included  link to the original thread in the description AND posted in the tournament thread about this so people come here and say how they want their characters drawn. Notice Hope didn't like my concept either but he just posted his proposal.

You can write a description of how you want it to be drawn (which form, weapons, etc) and post it here. Even better would be  a sketch.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
I want the characters to look as the creator wanted, which is why I included  link to the original thread in the description AND posted in the tournament thread about this so people come here and say how they want their characters drawn. Notice Hope didn't like my concept either but he just posted his proposal.

You can write a description of how you want it to be drawn (which form, weapons, etc) and post it here. Even better would be  a sketch.

I just think that the creators should be advised before something like this is done. If you would have PM'd me I would have known to look here. Let's say that the artist went off of my description and still got something wrong with the character. You would not have known If it was right or wrong. And even using that description would be incorrect since I have made adjustments to his look since he is a work in progress.
All I'm asking for is the respect of being he creator of my character and consulting me when you do something like this.
Using him in battles for the arena is different since we have all come to an agreement on using each others characters but when it comes to art I want to be I full co troll of it since I have no concept art for him. I'm sure you would want the same respect.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
You have full co controll of the art. These kinds of free art things usually take quite a while to get done. There is plenty of time for creator to come and give their opinion like the others did. I was planing to pm people about it too.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
You have full co controll of the art. These kinds of free art things usually take quite a while to get done. There is plenty of time for creator to come and give their opinion like the others did. I was planing to pm people about it too.

The point is that you didn't. If I wouldn't have seen this I would not have known. You need to inform the creators BEFORE you do something like this.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
I posted a link to this in a thread where you were active, and if you had not responded I would have sent you a pm. Again these kind of things take so long. An unpaid multiple character illustration, it will probably be months till we get it, if ever. There is more than enough time for everyone to have a saying on this or even remove their character if they don't want it illustrated.

In addition, I remember I said from the very beggining I wanted to get concept art done for the characters in the tournament, AND you saw I even made a sketch for Grave and some art for Fraagon, so its not like this was a complete surprise.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
Walter. In simply telling you that I didn't appreciate how you went about using my character without my consultation. I'm not asking for your justification.
And if you really want to go deeper into the topic then stating that you posted a link and that i should have known because you made a vague implication that you wanted to do it isn't a good enough justification. When it comes to using other people's creative property, assuming you had concent is where you went wrong. Saying you were GOING TO Pm me and that you posted a link where I WAS active does not mean I had knowledge of your actions.
I am simply TELLING you that I deserve the respect to be told when you would like to use my creative property as you deserve the same. If you would have let me know before you posted then I would have told you that I was fine with it and would like to help whenever you had an artist. Next time take the time to do things properly to avoid negative situations

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
Walter. In simply telling you that I didn't appreciate how you went about using my character without my consultation
You know the problem is you are treating this as a commision request instead of what it is, testing the waters to see if anyone is interesting in doing it. Your character has not been used for any art. I wont use it without asking you.

And again I didn't ask permission for drawing Fraagon either because it said at the very beggining that it was a just for fun project and we would try to get drawings of the characters.

I'm just reapeting myself at this point. If you want to submit info for Ryoni do it, if you prefer to stay mad about go ahead. We are going to make the banner with the people who want their character there.

And maybe we can talk this by PM better. Any artist who begins reading this thread is going to be put off by this.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:04:31 PM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Crimson

• View Profile
Dramaa :o . Lol chill guys. I undertand the veiw points of both sides. Nothing will be depicted without the creators concent by me. As to how long this will take to draw, its true it could take a while, but its really up to you guys. Detailed descriptions of your character ( and i mean extremely detailed) will definitely speed up the drawing process, but what really makes this go fast is if you already have a picture or rough sketch of your character. Even though you may have a perfect image in your head of how your character should look, if theres not a rough sketch, im basicly starting from scratch. Doesnt matter how simple the rough sketch is, every bit helps. Also keep in mind if you post a "reference" of how you want your character to look and the reference is from an existing manga, anime or show,  and you give no other refinement or additive ( "it should be somthing like this")...your character will look exactly like the reference picture you gave, and will lack the originality that you probably had planned it to have in your head. In summary, i can be a very creative and flexible artist but you're going to get what you give.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 12:58:50 PM by Crimson »
Ill do my best