August 15, 2018, 06:31:31 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Cafe Mizar! (Character Date/ Meet Up Page)  (Read 5171 times)

Offline What About Christmas?

• The Hotties of all Hotties
  • Frizzy Hair and Burdened with Homework
    • View Profile
Cafe Mizar! (Character Date/ Meet Up Page)
« on: February 23, 2016, 08:30:05 PM »
Okay, so I came up with this idea out of the blue, with no thought whatsoever, but here it is:

CAFE MIZAR - YOUR REGULAR ALTERNATE UNIVERSE CAFE

Where your very own characters can meet up and talk, from whatever universe! A bunch of mash ups from YOUR original stories and others as well!

Here are the rules:

1. Submit a short profile of your ORIGINAL character
(This should consist of the CHARACTER'S name, age, origin, etc. If you want to, include the link to your character's story.)
2. ORIGINAL CHARACTERS ONLY!
(If you pick out a character from something that is NOT your own, you will be reported.)
3. Remain respectful and courteous to ALL characters. They have feelings, too.
(After all, there is a REAL person behind the keyboard controlling their character. Bad behaviors are ABSOLUTELY NOT tolerated.)
4. No images are to be shared!
5. Just in case somebody thinks this is eHarmony for MangaRaiders members, I WILL TELL YOU IT IS NOT. THIS IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. FICTIONAL CHARACTERS ARE SPEAKING WITH FICTIONAL CHARACTERS. PLEASE KEEP IT THAT WAY.

Here are the rules, guidelines, background, and lovely personnel created by our very own Echo_River! (Thanks again!)

Cafe Mizar Guidelines~
Spoiler
1. The Cafe is a neutral zone. No fighting, discrimination, etc etc. is tolerable.
2. All individuals, whether they be hybrid, cyborg, alien, human, etc. etc. are to be respected.
3. All Customers are expected to be considerable to other customers in spite of varying traditions, cultures, etc. etc.
4. No illegal activity is permitted within the Cafe (e.g. Blackmailing, theft, smuggling, bribing, gambling, etc.)
5. All perpetrators will be automatically deported to their former location immediately, banned, and tried under the Inter-Universal Code etc. etc.
6. All Customers must arrive by the whatever means of transfer their world supports (e.g. gate/ portal/ dimension gateway /wormhole /teleporter etc. )
7. Trespassers will be apprehended and confined in the Cafe Detention Centre and be directed in the rules...
8. The Cafe has designated non-smoking and smoking area, please use the appropriate one.
9. Those on business within the Cafe with another customer must present a consent form from the Inter-Universal committee...
10. Everyone is free to use the facilities, and as long as everyone follows the rules, everyone will be happy!
11. Enjoy your experience at the Cafe and be sure to explore each of our themes and drinks!
The Menu~
Spoiler
As you may or may not know, the Cafe has knowledge of everything about all universes across every dimension. No need to worry about trying new things when all of the cuisine and beverages you love are offered!

Of course, we do suggest exploring all of our different options, as they are all very scrumptious (and are offered at a reasonable price ;) )
Our Friendly Personnel~
Spoiler
We have both well programmed droids who provide the guidelines or history of the cafe, as well as a directory and can guide you wherever, whenever it is necessary.

We also have humans working around the place as well. Our people are very personable and kind to all. We are hiring! (If you are interested in this or would like more information, please PM WAChristmas; There are only 12 open spots available.)

Any questions, feel free to ask Echo_River or myself! Have fun, and follow the rules!

« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 07:38:55 AM by What About Christmas? »

Offline Ennuiwolf

• Writer and Color-er
  • Animal Obsessed Freak!
    • View Profile
Re: Character Meet/Dating Page
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 01:58:34 AM »
Not bad, but should this be under this category? I think this belongs in the break room

Offline MisterSherbetLemon

• The MangaRaiders Political Correctness Enforcer...Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 03:51:50 AM »
Probably more in the writer's workshop actually. Cool idea, could get chaotic though. Too many shounen characters in the same room always leads to violence haha.

and there will be shounen characters  :tongue:

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 06:17:39 AM »
Real interesting idea here.

Yeah this doesn't quite fit here. Would you like it moved to The Writers' Workshop or the break room?

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 07:16:07 AM »
Wouldn't this be considered RPing though? I thought RPing wasn't allowed in the threads...

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 07:19:27 AM »
It does have to be complete interactions and chapters/scenes like the other similar workshops work, otherwise yes, RPs are not allowed. You can RP off site (skype) or by using PMs or the like and then write up a chapter.

Offline MisterSherbetLemon

• The MangaRaiders Political Correctness Enforcer...Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 07:22:07 AM »
I'd consider it a workshop personally; practice meeting other characters, having your character talk about themselves to others without spamming walls of info and potential practice in writing romantic exchanges.

I don't think I'll be taking part but I can see the benefit in it.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Chau-chau!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 12:40:06 PM »
I see doors opening for cross-overs, ahaha.

What sort of specs should the profile have, What About Christmas?
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.

DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 01:43:23 PM »
I see doors opening for cross-overs, ahaha.

What sort of specs should the profile have, What About Christmas?

Just details you think are necessary for interacting with the other characters. Brief description of personality and looks, background info, and maybe concept art if you have it!

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Chau-chau!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 03:10:44 PM »
Thank you!

Also, what setting would this take place in? Where would the characters be talking to each other?
Although I guess that would depend on the members collaborating on the meeting-up characters.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 04:03:10 PM »
Thank you!

Also, what setting would this take place in? Where would the characters be talking to each other?
Although I guess that would depend on the members collaborating on the meeting-up characters.

Hmm... I didn't think of that.

Maybe some sort of cafe? Or some sort of lobby where the characters can roam around and talk?

I think it may be up to the members, as you said. :P

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Chau-chau!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 05:15:34 PM »
I like the cafe idea O_O The cafe between the worlds where any and all characters can fall back to for a relaxing coffee break and share a friendly chat in a non-fighting zone....

Sorry. Sci-fi in me speaking, ahem.

Alright, for start I'll put my characters here -

1. Heomi

Story: Anulet User
Name: Heomi
Height: 5' 7"
Build: Tall, slim.

Appearance -
    Heomi has black hair that hangs just above her shoulders, with long bangs that covers the left side of her face. Working at a cafe, she wears a simple black skirt, short-sleeve white dress shirt beneath a black vest, black stocking, and black dress-shoes. Her eyes are a dark blue like the deep ocean.

Personality -
    Heomi calls herself lazy, but in fact, working day and night shifts alternately and even sometimes back-to-back has left her half drained of energy and she adopts a very casual, relaxed, and half-dazed personality. It suits her very well when at the cafe, and others become relaxed around her. She doesn't mind speaking to people, as she does it often at her job.

2. Jon Askord Smyth

Name: Jon Askord Smyth
Height: 5' 9"
Build: Tall, Medium

Appearance -
   Jon is a messy blond, short hair sticking out in many directions. His daily wear changes often, but always in the casual wear zone, and you'll never find him wearing a tie properly. Being an athletic and energetic person, he favours track clothes and light wear.

Personality -
   Easy-going and outgoing, very friendly (maybe too friendly), and unafraid to speak to people, being the type to make many friends. Usually full of energy, Jon loves to participate in sports. His main job is a support agent in a group of elemental power users, so he can pull up a serious and grave front according to the situation.

Is that enough info? I don't have any drawings of them yet, unfortunately.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2016, 05:45:46 PM »
I like the cafe idea O_O The cafe between the worlds where any and all characters can fall back to for a relaxing coffee break and share a friendly chat in a non-fighting zone....

Sorry. Sci-fi in me speaking, ahem.

Alright, for start I'll put my characters here -

1. Heomi

Name: Heomi
Height: 5' 7"
Build: Tall, slim.

Appearance -
    Heomi has black hair that hangs just above her shoulders, with long bangs that covers the left side of her face. Working at a cafe, she wears a simple black skirt, short-sleeve white dress shirt beneath a black vest, black stocking, and black dress-shoes. Her eyes are a dark blue like the deep ocean.

Personality -
    Heomi calls herself lazy, but in fact, working day and night shifts alternately and even sometimes back-to-back has left her half drained of energy and she adopts a very casual, relaxed, and half-dazed personality. It suits her very well when at the cafe, and others become relaxed around her. She doesn't mind speaking to people, as she does it often at her job.

2. Jon Askord Smyth

Name: Jon Askord Smyth
Height: 5' 9"
Build: Tall, Medium

Appearance -
   Jon is a messy blond, short hair sticking out in many directions. His daily wear changes often, but always in the casual wear zone, and you'll never find him wearing a tie properly. Being an athletic and energetic person, he favours track clothes and light wear.

Personality -
   Easy-going and outgoing, very friendly (maybe too friendly), and unafraid to speak to people, being the type to make many friends. Usually full of energy, Jon loves to participate in sports. His main job is a support agent in a group of elemental power users, so he can pull up a serious and grave front according to the situation.

Is that enough info? I don't have any drawings of them yet, unfortunately.

That cafe idea is PERFECT, I love it! Sci-Fi, or no Sci-fi, it's great!  :clapping:

And the descriptions are great as well! Awesome job!

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 09:04:45 PM »
Here are my two characters!

Austin

Spoiler
Name: Austin (Doesn’t know anything more than that)
Appearance: long and shaggy hair, dark brown and clear blue eyes. He has a tone build but it’s hidden beneath his work uniform. He wears a long chain around his neck. 6’1. Some what pale.
Personality: He’s empathetic, and listens to others. He’s a perfectionist. He zones out quite a lot, and appears to be dazed. He gives wise advice, when he does happen to speak, but he does this rarely. He’s quite introverted. Obedient. Deep thinker. Patient.

Dakota
(can't part with my favorite character!!!  :blush:)
Spoiler
Name: Dakota Blakes
Personality: Kind. Tries her best to be optimistic. Extroverted. Confident. Unafraid of others opinions. Modest… to an extent. Intelligent. Clever. She’s very direct and critical, and others may see her as uptight, when in reality she is the opposite.
Appearance:
Somewhat petite, 5’4. Strong calf muscles. Her left eye has been permanently damaged from a blow to the head, so it’s hazel and blue. Her right eye is a light brown. Long, a light orange color, it falls to about her shoulder blades. Wavy, no bangs. Wears her hair down in public. Is somewhat thick. Wears a black tank top, ripped skinny jeans and a leather satchel, packed with stuff, old worn grey sneakers.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:23:06 AM by What About Christmas? »

Offline swearzy

• Comrade Stalin, Conspiracy Theorist.
  • I come with tin foil hats a many!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2016, 01:07:30 AM »
I wonder how Ulrik will go... >.> lol