July 22, 2018, 08:04:12 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Poll

Who should advance to the final?

Grave
0 (0%)
Xiana
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 04, 2016, 09:51:31 AM

Author Topic: MangaRaiders Character Tournament. (WITH PRIZES!!)  (Read 22570 times)

Offline Kata_Misashi

• "Toucan Powah!"
    • View Profile
Re: MangaRaiders Character Tournament. (WITH PRIZES!!)
« Reply #285 on: March 09, 2016, 08:02:54 AM »
Uh huh! With a few edits, me and OGHM are currently collabing this piece. It's more fun that way and you can not only see your character shine but how other interpret your character as well. Super fun. x3

I'm... not really understanding whatcha mean by overboard, though... 'n-no offense'. ^^; If you really think about Xiana only manage to hit the guy two times. My opinion is that the 'tug and pull' is actually kinda even... that's just me tho. >w<;

Offline Hope4Future

• Future Writer
  • "Ryujin no ken o kurae!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 09, 2016, 11:12:47 AM »
well that's fine, i just thought i'd mention it is all. i guess i just didn't really expect Xiana to be so active after an intense fight with Grave ... and yes i'm aware of her 'reborn' effect, but does that reset her stamina too?

Offline Kata_Misashi

• "Toucan Powah!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 09, 2016, 11:24:39 AM »
well that's fine, i just thought i'd mention it is all. i guess i just didn't really expect Xiana to be so active after an intense fight with Grave ... and yes i'm aware of her 'reborn' effect, but does that reset her stamina too?

Ahh, yes. It's like a phoenix. On its deathbed, a phoenix gets reborn 'anew'. Xiana's process is exactly the same. Thought it was obvious when she killed herself and the name of the move is called 'Phoenix Heart'. Not saying that to be rude... just mentioning. I'm sorry. >_<;;

Offline Hope4Future

• Future Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 09, 2016, 11:58:33 AM »

Ahh, yes. It's like a phoenix. On its deathbed, a phoenix gets reborn 'anew'. Xiana's process is exactly the same. Thought it was obvious when she killed herself and the name of the move is called 'Phoenix Heart'. Not saying that to be rude... just mentioning. I'm sorry. >_<;;

that's fine, it does clarify a few things i was uncertain about.

thx ^^

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 10, 2016, 11:30:34 AM »
Re-reading Xianas powers, Mind Eye seems really cool. The drawback feels like something Hunter X Hunter style :-)

Regarding this thread. Are you all cool about having your character on it? And what about the concept? Would a simpler banner with all the characters be better? (And maybe easier for the artist)

Facebook       Patreon

Offline MisterSherbetLemon

• The MangaRaiders Political Correctness Enforcer...Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 10, 2016, 11:34:02 AM »
All good for me but I'd perhaps PM everyone to make sure.

Offline Hope4Future

• Future Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 10, 2016, 12:23:51 PM »
i'm down, at least having some art for my character is better than nothing; although my current description might not be enough -_-;

the banner sounds like as good of an idea as any, i'm just not sure if everyone else would be on the same boat (or if we would need everyone anyway), it also would probably be quite a bit of work to draw multiple different characters unless he/she is still willing to.

Offline Kata_Misashi

• "Toucan Powah!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 10, 2016, 01:09:12 PM »
Xiana vs Zenbu: Part 2
Zenbu’s voice echoed as he and the city around began to fade.

“Here it comes again!” She thought. “It’s just an illusion. It’s only just an illusion. It’s only just an illusion!” Xiana kept repeating as she closed her eyes. “It’s just an-“

“Xiana.” A familiar voice echoing out, Xiana eyes shooting open.

Standing before her, stood an older female toucan staring at her sorrowfully.

Xiana stared back in utter shock. “M-M-Mom?”

“How… could you?”

Xiana couldn’t help but stare; body and eyes shakey. “H-How could I, what?”

“The Academy. The Village. You’re friends believed in you.”

Xiana’s heart began to race, as her mom spoke out. “Wh-What?”

“You’ve failed, Xiana. Failed everyone…”

“No…” Xiana voice breaking. “…no, no, no, no…”

“…even me… ‘your own mother’.”

“No, No, No!” Xiana voice filling with sobs.

Shaking her head, Xiana’s mom held herself and looked away. “The toucan legacy has ended… with you.”

Tears falling from her face, Xiana began struggled to talk; her sobs beating her to the point. As she continued to cry, the sounds of shifting air filled the air as Zenbu appeared behind her mother with katana at hand.

Xiana’s tearful eyes shot open. Opening her beak to scream out, her voice disappeared as she stared in surprise. “M-My voice!”

“I trained you… so well…” Xiana’s mom spoke out, oblivious to Zenbu raising the katana high. “…or so I thought.”

Xiana desperately tried to pick herself up; her entire body numb to the point of immobilization. “I Can’t Move! No, No, NO!”

Looking down to her struggling daughter, Xiana’s mother frowned as tears began to fall. “Xiana, how could you?” She sobbed as the blade of Zenbu sliced her; her blood flying to coat Xiana’s feathers and her body falling to lie next to her slumped daughter.

Xiana’s heart seemed to stop as she just watched in horror; staring back to the lifeless form of her mom.

With her eyes still gazing up to her immobile daughter, Xiana’s mother slowly opened her beak. “Ho-How… c-could… yo-“ Unable to finish her sentence as the blade of Zenbu shot down through her neck; the life in her eyes vanishing.

Xiana couldn’t help but let out her cries and sobs into the void; unable to move or properly speak.

As her cries echoed out, the dark void began to fade as the raining city returned; Zenbu standing before the toucan. “There are many ways to destroy a person, child.” Zenbu reaching down to lift her by her throat.

Xiana seemed lifeless; a mixture of tears and rain falling from her feathers.

Zenbu shook his head and smirked. “What? No snappy remark? No joke? Nothing at all?” Waiting for a reply. “It matters not. You are broken. And this battle…” Walking over to hold her over the edge of the building. “…is over.”

Xiana didn’t struggle. She didn’t fight back. All she could do was hang there; her body and mind shot as Zenbu released her to let her plummet to the street below.

“It’s over…” Xiana thought.

“…I let… everyone down…” Opening up her hazy eyes; the rushing world blurry and obscured. “Everyone... I’m sorry.”

Upon closing her eyes, Xiana inhaled slowly and sharply exhaled. Opening her eyes, she glanced around.

“Where-“ she muttered; being greeted by a void of white. “…another illusion?”

“Not quiet.” Another familiar voice speaking out.

“It’s… the Phoenix.” Xiana muttered.

“The one and only.” The phoenix chuckled. “Well, well… seems you’re on your deathbed once again, Xiana. And without me able to save you this time. You could actually die now.”

Xiana choose not to reply.

“Are you okay with that?”

“I… can’t… beat-“

Another chuckle escaped the phoenix. “Silly girl. You still don’t realize the power you hold within you. Now, if your mother could figure it out, why can’t you?”

Xiana tried to focus.

“You toucans are funny. You think this power you hold is simply super strength, super durability and the sort. It… really isn’t.”

“Wh-what are you-“

“Wake up, Xiana. You can’t always rely on me to save you. Wake up, and understand your potential… ‘before it’s too late’.” The phoenix said as the world began to revert back.

“My… potential?” Xiana struggling to focus as she thought. “My potential? Is he saying I have the potential to still win?”

With the street rapidly approaching, Xiana began to focus. “He thinks I can still win… I… ‘can’ still win. And… everyone knows I can still win too. What… what was I thinking? My friends… my mom… abandoning me? My mom dying to someone like that? ‘An illusion’. Just an illusion made by…” glaring.

Flipping herself around, Xiana threw her gauntlets into the earth; her impact cratering the ground and sending shockwaves that shattered the widows around.

“…Zenbu.” Standing as she glared up. “It was just an illusion. But still… making me experience such an image! I will…” eye’s shifting as her aura began to envelope her entirely. “…NEVER FORGIVE YOU!”

Zenbu watched as Xiana disappeared into the heavy rain below, the rain soaking his long, black hair. There was complete silence for a few moments, until a massive beam of golden aura shot up into the air with such force that it shook the buildings nearby and created a small mushroom cloud. Xiana stood below, almost lost in the immense amount of aura and fueled by pain and desperation to win. She did not speak, but her scream pierced the air like that of a godly hawk as she ran up the face of the building with air-breaking speed. Zenbu threw himself off of the roof and towards her with his sword in his hand. He swung as they crossed paths, cutting Xiana across her stomach but doing nothing to stop her. Xiana took Zenbu by the throat and jumped down towards the street, looking to crush him on the concrete.

He sucked himself into a wormhole with his Eyes of Nibiru, disappearing right before violently crashed on the ground. He slid out backwards when he appeared out of another wormhole on the street and had barely any time to react as Xiana continued her assault. Xiana was already in front of him, and the aura was concentrated into a single point in her fist. Zenbu raised his sword to block the hit, and the power of Xiana's one-inch punch broke the sword. Zenbu slid backwards on his feet, his arms and legs shaken by the force of the attack.

He clasped his hands and aimed his palms at Xiana, the symbol of Mars appearing on them. One great fireball shot out, taking the form of a dragon's head and homing in on Xiana. She punched the ground, erecting a wall of concrete that shielded her as the flames broke apart the concrete. Xiana charged through the wall, shattering it and catching Zenbu off guard. Xiana’s brow perked as her gazed focused on his eyes. “Those eyes.” She thought as she furrowed her brow. “The use of talons are against the law in my region but… I don’t have a choice."

Swinging her leg out, Xiana drew out and brought her talons across Zenbu’s face; scratching out his eyes and then turned to strike him in the chest with a firm straight; hard enough to stop someone's heart. Zenbu was sent flying back once more, crashing into a cement wall. Xiana screamed as Zenbu slowly got up, his body greatly weakened by the attack.

"My eyes...she clawed out my eyes...Nibiru's power is lost. If I were human, that last attack would've been the death of me."

Xiana started walking towards Zenbu, still consumed by anger and determination to kill him.

"I commend you. You were faster than my Eyes of Nibiru. Even so, do not think that the worst of my powers are gone!"

Zenbu clasped his hands and touched the ground, and a massive statue broke out from the earth. Its head broke through the clouds as it sat in a meditative position. It had six arms, an angry face, a happy face, and a woeful face. Though Xiana could not see the head of the statue beyond the clouds, she did see its eyes burn bright red, as well as the clouds around it.

"What...what is this?!"

The statue opened its mouth, and six, long, skinless and bloody arms reached out. Using the statue for leverage, the monster inside pulled itself out, revealing the rest of its skinless, thin, and colossal body. Like the statue, it had 3 faces and 6 eyes, all of them a different color. It had long hair like Dharja, but only barely resembled a human. Its teeth were like that of a lion, and it smelled of fire and blood. When half of its body came out of the statue, it roared into the air, separating the clouds and rocking the city in a wind as fierce as a hurricane. Zenbu jumped on top of its head as it climbed out of the statue entirely. He took his whip chain and wrapped it around the beast's neck, first shocking it to calm it down and assert his dominance over it.

"I never thought I'd ever have to use this. Xiana, meet The Great Destroyer! He who swallowed heaven, left hell in darkness, and tore the world asunder! He is one of the Heralds of the End, a bringer of cataclysm!

Zenbu clasped his hands, and The Great Destroyer also clasped all 6 of his hands. Xiana knew she had to move fast, and began flying away to avoid whatever it was they were planning.

"How… do I even… fight this?!"

As she flew, the Xiana could see that the ground ahead was being folded up. She looked around and saw the same thing happening for the entire length of the city.

"What's happening?! The city is being folded up like paper!"

What was once the ground, along with its buildings and cars, now formed massive walls around the area that kept folding up, and then inwards, like a tidal wave. The same thing began to happen to the enter of town, and now there were multiple of layers of rising and folding earth.

"NO! I have to get out of this!"

Xiana flew up towards the sky, racing with all her might to escape the city. The Great Destroyer closed all eyes except for its yellow one and focused it on Xiana. The symbol of Jupiter appeared on its pupil, and a bolt of lightning flashed out from the eye, striking Xiana through one of her wings and sending her crashing down. On the outside, the once massive city was now folded and compressed to such an extent, that it took the shape of a massive, concrete lotus flower. The sea washed in and took the place of the missing streets and skyscrapers, and the concrete lotus flower floated above its roaring waters.

Zenbu reached in his pocket for a Venus Blindfold, a black blindfold that would act as his eyes and allow him to see. He wrapped it around his head and over his eye sockets.

"Now subside, Great Destroyer."

The Great Destroyer released its hands and was sucked back into the mouth of the colossal statue. When it was sealed once more, the statue exploded into a flock of crows, disappearing back to where it was being hidden. Zenbu fell back down to flat ground, which was the center of the concrete lotus flower. Everything else was lifted folded skyward to form the petals. Hundreds of crows flew around him as he landed.

Xiana staggered up as blood dripped from her pierced wing. She watched as the crows soared up and out of the lotus flower and scattered about over the sea.

"You...made the city take the form of some kind of flower? Hehehe...not the manliest of divine servants, are you?"

Zenbu turned his head towards her.

"The lotus flower is a sacred symbol where I'm from. It's only appropriate that The Great Destroyer would choose this. With this terrain, it will be difficult for you to fly around, won't it? Maybe my hands will slip and cause a building to come crashing down on you from the sky."

"You're a funny guy, Zenbu. Spare me your threats and just get on with it!"

Zenbu took hold of his war fan, and Xiana charged up whatever energy she still had left. In the center of the sun-blocking, concrete lotus flower over the sea, crows flocked around like spectating angels, and two fighters charged at each other.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 02:16:00 PM by Kata_Misashi »

Offline What About Christmas?

• The Hotties of all Hotties
  • Frizzy Hair and Burdened with Homework
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 10, 2016, 01:16:42 PM »
Great job!!!!  Xiana is such a trooper :)

Offline Hope4Future

• Future Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 10, 2016, 04:51:40 PM »
excellent job Kata! i still can't believe a 1v1 is even fair against somebody that powerful, its like watching the final battle in Bleach (I've never seen it but i'm getting that vibe from it).

btw ...
Spoiler
i knew it was the eyes, i just knew it! i didn't want to say anything until the tournament was over but its hard to miss.  8)

... and yet somehow, he became more deadly because of it.  :push:

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 11, 2016, 05:15:59 AM »
That fight is coming up awesome  ;D

I really liked that part with the illusions with the planets and the faces. Did OMyGodhelpme collaborated with that part? He also made a cool illusion in Fraagon's fight. That Zenbu guy can do Genjutsu on top of all those powers  :ohmy: :ohmy:

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Kata_Misashi

• "Toucan Powah!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 11, 2016, 10:59:52 AM »
That fight is coming up awesome  ;D

I really liked that part with the illusions with the planets and the faces. Did OMyGodhelpme collaborated with that part? He also made a cool illusion in Fraagon's fight. That Zenbu guy can do Genjutsu on top of all those powers  :ohmy: :ohmy:

Oh yeah. OGHM's idea's are nothing short of crazy amazing! I never imagined for the fight to turn out like this. ^w^

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 11, 2016, 11:53:18 AM »
Well, getting rid of his eyes aren't THE weakness, but they are a weakness. You can't really repair eyes very well with the Art of Pluto, so once you lose them, you'll no longer be able to see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Zenbu has quite the arsenal that he collects over the course of the story he's from  :ninja: The benefits of being sealed away in a mausoleum on Callisto by a war legend.

And yeah, I'm collabing on it. I'm glad I picked Zenbu and not one of the actual big baddies  :unsure:

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 12, 2016, 07:32:43 PM »
Made a Grave vs Xiana page

Grave vs Xiana

Anyone knows of a way to make color brushes work like tones in that they don't cover your lines?? I use mangastudio.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 07:35:07 PM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Kata_Misashi

• "Toucan Powah!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 14, 2016, 07:02:09 PM »
The Wheel of Fate is Turning

Final Round
Zenbu Vs Xiana

Action!

Zenbu vs Xiana: Part 1
   Getting back to her feet, Xiana panted and took a step back. “You’re… Zenbu.”

“And you’re stronger than you look to make it this far.” Zenbu folded his arms as he began walking towards her. “I was somewhat impress.”

“Oh crap.” Xiana thought as she took another step back. “I’m in… no condition to fight this guy. My wings are shot and my head is killing me from all of the zipping around at super speed.”

“’Was’ impress. Now I see that; like everyone, you have a limit.” Grabbing his fan and pointing it at her. “And you’ve far excessed yours.”

“H-hey now! A-at least give me a chance to breath! Come on! This isn’t fair!” Xiana whined and backed up into the knocked out Graves; his pistol falling from him. Looking down to it, Xiana took a moment to think and reached to point it towards the approaching Zenbu.

Stopping his advancement, Zenbu chuckled. “A gun? Do you really think that’s going to help you?”
   Ignoring him, Xiana glanced towards the news crew as they attempted to flee the rooftop. “Hey! News people!” Both men jumping as they turned around.

“Pl-Please Don’t Hurt Us!” They cried.

“I’M NOT GOING TO HURT YOU, YOU IDIOTS!” Xiana glared as she focused back to Zenbu; still holding the gun firm. “I… just want to ask before you go… ‘What time is it?’”

“Wh-what?”

“The Time, Please!” Xiana grimaced.

Looking to each other, the cameraman glanced to his watch. “It’s, uhh… 20 minutes past 12.”

“A.m.?” Xiana looked over.

“Ye-Yes, a.m.!”

Xiana smirked and turned to look at Zenbu; the cloaked man glaring unamused. “That’s all I needed to know.”

“Enough of this foolishness! DIE!” Zenbu rushing her.

“Die? Heehe… ‘Alright’!” Xiana smiled as her black feathers shifted gold.

Zenbu furrowed his brow as he watched Xiana turn the aim of the gun towards her head and pulled the trigger. Coming to a stop, Zenbu eyed the scene. “She… killed herself?”

Letting go of his fan to let it dangle from his wrist, Zenbu glanced as Xiana's blood pooled on the floor and scoffed as he turned away.

“I almost feel cheated...” He began to walk off.

“Don't go sulking just yet!” Xiana’s voice echoing; Zenbu perking his head and turning around.

Enveloped in a blinding golden glow, the gathering aura shot up into the sky and with a spread of her wings and a bolt of lightning, Xiana reappeared; her former wounds fully healed.

“Oh?” Zenbu tilted his head. “What is this? I thought I just watched you die.”

Xiana smirked as she fell to land back upon the rooftop. “Do I look like someone who’d give up like that?

“No. You look like a bird.” Zenbu huffed and took a stance.

“Good eye on you, ‘Sherlock’.” Xiana grimaced.

Throwing his fan around, Zenbu caught it and held it out before him. “In any case, fine. Thought that was too easy anyway. Shall we begin?”

Falling into her stance, Xiana grabbed at her gauntlets, tossed them up, and slid her fist in to wear. “Sure. Just one question, though.”

“And what’s that?”

“When did you’re jacket get so dirty?” Xiana rose a brow and pointed.

Zenbu blinked and looked down at his cloak to confirm that they were indeed dirty. He suddenly found himself face-to-face with a grinning Xiana; covered in a golden aura. One swift punch knocked Zenbu back several yards; throwing him from the roof and into a neighboring building.

“Did he seriously fall for that? I can’t believe he fell for that!” Xiana chuckling as she rose a hand to gaze over towards the building.

Xiana’s chuckle quickly turned to fear as a bullet of wind shot out from the building; striking and sending her through the roof she stood on and crashing into another.

Stepping out from the wrecked office space to glare down to his handy work, Zenbu scoffed. “I fought another woman who used petty tricks to try and beat me. And she’s dead.”

With people fleeing from the hotel, Xiana coughed violently as she slowly picked herself up from the lobby floor; rain falling in through the created opening.

“O-okay. I deserve that.” Xiana groaned and then squawked as a chain wrapped around her; binding her wings.
Appearing before her, Zenbu pivoted with chain in hand; tossing the toucan through a pair of stone beams and then leaping to slam her upon the marble ground. Pulling her up, Zenbu gave one final spin to toss her through the hotel entrance and crash into a parked car; the vehicle skidding into the road.

“Enough of this!” Opening his war fan and throwing a torrent of flames to engulf the wrecked car; the fire striking the gas tank and causing it to explode.

Taking a moment, Zenbu lightly gasped and turned to block a punch; the impact cracking the marble floor under them.

“My, my. You’re fast too.” Zenbu huffed.

“And you’re relentless. Graves was right about you.” Xiana glaring up at him with golden glowing eyes. Kicking off, Xiana pushed him back and transferred her aura back around her; throwing a torrent of punches and kicks. “Slip up… and I’m done for!”

Leading the fight back to the streets, Zenbu attempted to keep up with her strike; grunting as every other strike hit him. “This girl is no joke. I can’t keep taking hits like this.”

Reeling back another punch, Xiana’s eyes flared with gold energy and with one quick hook, Zenbu was sent tumbling down the street.

Taking a moment to catch her breath, Xiana walked through the pouring rain to the motionless Zenbu. “D-Did I… knock him out?” Kneeling down to touch him.

Xiana then froze to the sound of shifting air behind her. “Wh-What!?” Turning around into a chokehold that appeared through a wormhole.

“You managed to defeat my Pluto clone.” The voice of Zenbu speaking out.

Glancing back out of the corner of her eye, Xiana eyes went wide. Sitting upon an extended streetlamp, Zenbu glared down towards her; arm jetting out through a wormhole.

“Cl-Clone?” Xiana gagged; glancing down to the clone.

“Yes. Clone. One of many of my Marluxian Arts.” Clenching his grip as Xiana gagged more. “This battle was over before it started. Human, Dragon, Bird… it doesn’t matter in the face of a servant of God. You will lose.”

“Oh great. One of them ‘preachy’ types.” Xiana thought as she threw a back fist.

“Do you really think you can rea-“ Zenbu began as the impact of the fist struck him; releasing his gasp as he hit the building then the sidewalk.

Taking a deep breath, Xiana held her throat. “Too… close.”

“She can… project her punches?” Zenbu thought as he looked up to glare at her.

The aura around Xiana grew more intense and vibrant as she got herself into position to lunge at Zenbu with full speed.

"It may be risky, but I can't let you catch a break! You're finished, Zenbu!"

Zenbu clasped his hands as quickly as he could, already devising a plan for the attack. Still, she was too fast to be dodged.

Xiana lunged at Zenbu like a bullet from a gun, kicking up chunks of concrete behind her with such power that they floated in the air. Zenbu crashed through the building he was knocked against and was knocked into the air by Xiana's punch. For a moment, he lost sight of her as he was flying through the air, but was quickly reintroduced to her mighty hits when she caught up to him to continue her chain of attacks.

Zenbu was given a neck-destroying uppercut and then kicked back down into the streets, cratering the road and sending shockwaves through the block. Xiana's aura calmed down as she landed on the roof, her coughing exacerbated by the expenditure of energy.

"I may have made too much of a mess there..."

Xiana's heart suddenly felt like an iron fist had taken hold of it, and everything went black and white. She looked around her, and everything was standing perfectly still. But something else was very different. It seemed the sky was darkened. Not by clouds, but by planets. Jupiter, Mars, and Saturn all dominated the sky and left just enough light to see for the earth.

"N-No way...what is this?! They shouldn't be that close!"

Zenbu shouted out from the roof across from her, in perfectly good condition. He sat down with one leg dangling over the edge.

"Awestruck? That's a reasonable reaction. The planets always seem so far away, but imagine their mighty stature staring down on humanity like furious parents."

Xiana chuckled.

"Seriously? What is this? This isn't real. Earth would be completely destroyed if it were that close to the planets... 'so I've read'. Jupiter alone would drown us in radiation before it sends us crashing into itself."

"Ah, so you're smart too. You're right. This isn't real. This is the Art of Venus, and everything you're seeing here is but an illusion."

Xiana suddenly caught on fire, causing her to scream out in agony as she rolled around the ground.

"But I assure you, Xiana. This may just be an illusion, but the pain you feel here is very real."

The fires were doused, and Xiana was left scorched and hardly recognizable, but still alive. As she looked up, she could see faces on the planets. Faces that were furious and filled with hate. Then, the planets began to get closer, as if they were crashing into the earth. Everything began to shake violently, windows shattered, and buildings collapsed. Multiple clones of Zenbu formed a circle around Xiana and began chanting a dissonant and ominous prayer. The real Zenbu could only smile at the sight of everything.

"Fear. Fear is also very real, no matter dream or reality."

Xiana could not move her body as the planets crashed into Earth. Everything went dark, as if life had already been extinguished faster than it could comprehend. But alas, Xiana awoke from the illusion to find she was still sitting on top of the roof, her body shaken and weak. Zenbu had already gotten up, his robes and bandages tattered. He took the bandages off, revealing his body and face. Xiana forced a small laugh as she laid eyes on him.

"Oh wow. So that's what you look like? I was starting to wonder if you were even human."

"Human? Only in form. But it matters not. I have many, many ways of destroying you." Zenbu’s voice echoing as he and the city around began to fade.

“Here it comes again!” She thought. “It’s just an illusion. It’s only just an illusion. It’s only just an illusion!” Xiana kept repeating as she closed her eyes. “It’s just an-“

“Xiana.” A familiar voice echoing out, Xiana eyes shooting open.

Standing before her, stood an older female toucan staring at her sorrowfully.

Xiana stared back in utter shock. “M-M-Mom?”

“How… could you?”

Xiana couldn’t help but stare; body and eyes shakey. “H-How could I, what?”

“The Academy. The Village. You’re friends believed in you.”

Xiana’s heart began to race, as her mom spoke out. “Wh-What?”

“You’ve failed, Xiana. Failed everyone…”

“No…” Xiana voice breaking. “…no, no, no, no…”

“…even me… ‘your own mother’.”

“No, No, No!” Xiana voice filling with sobs.

Shaking her head, Xiana’s mom held herself and looked away. “The toucan legacy has end… with you.”

Tears falling from her face, Xiana began struggled to talk; her sobs beating her to the point. As she continued to cry, the sounds of shifting air filled the air as Zenbu appeared behind her mother with katana at hand.

Xiana’s tearful eyes shot open. Opening her beak to scream out, her voice disappeared as she stared in surprise. “M-My voice!”

“I trained you… so well…” Xiana’s mom spoke out, oblivious to Zenbu raising the katana high. “…or so I thought.”

Xiana desperately tried to pick herself up; her entire body numb to the point of immobilization. “I Can’t Move! No, No, NO!”

Looking down to her struggling daughter, Xiana’s mother frowned as tears began to fall. “Xiana, how could you?” She sobbed as the blade of Zenbu sliced her; her blood flying to coat Xiana’s feathers and her body falling to lie next to her slumped daughter.

Xiana’s heart seemed to stop as she just watched in horror; staring back into the lifeless eyes of her mom.

With her eyes still gazing up to her immobile daughter, Xiana’s mother slowly opened her beak. “Ho-How… c-could… yo-“ Unable to finish her sentence as the blade of Zenbu shot down through her neck; the life in her eyes vanishing.

Xiana couldn’t help but let out her cries and sobs into the void; unable to move or properly speak.

As her cries echoed out, the dark void began to fade as the raining city returned; Zenbu standing before the toucan. “There are many ways to destroy a person, child.” Zenbu reaching down to lift her by her throat.

Xiana seemed lifeless; a mixture of tears and rain falling from her feathers.

Zenbu shook his head and smirked. “What? No snappy remark? No joke? Nothing at all?” Waiting for a reply. “It matters not. You are broken. And this battle…” Walking over to hold her over the edge of the building. “…is over.”

Xiana didn’t struggle. She didn’t fight back. All she could do was hang there; her body and mind shot as Zenbu released her to let her plummet to the street below.

Zenbu vs Xiana: Part 2
“It’s over…” Xiana thought.

“…I let… everyone down…” Opening up her hazy eyes; the rushing world blurry and obscured. “Everyone... I’m sorry.”

Upon closing her eyes, Xiana inhaled slowly and sharply exhaled. Opening her eyes, she glanced around.

“Where-“ she muttered; being greeted by a void of white. “…another illusion?”

“Not quiet.” Another familiar voice speaking out.

“It’s… the Phoenix.” Xiana muttered.

“The one and only.” The phoenix chuckled. “Well, well… seems you’re on your deathbed once again, Xiana. And without me to save you this time. You can really die now.”

Xiana choose not to reply.

“Are you okay with that?”

“I… can’t… beat-“

Another chuckle escaped the phoenix. “Silly girl. You still don’t realize the power you hold within you. Now, if your mother could figure it out, why can’t you?”

Xiana tried to focus.

“You toucans are funny. You think this power you hold is simply super strength, super durability and the sort. It… really isn’t.”

“Wh-what are you-“

“Wake up, Xiana. You can’t always rely on me to save you. Wake up, and understand your potential… ‘before it’s too late’.” The phoenix said as the world began to revert back.

“My… potential?” Xiana struggling to focus as she thought. “My potential? Is he saying I have the potential to still win?”

With the street rapidly approaching, Xiana began to focus. “He thinks I can still win… I… ‘can’ still win. And… everyone knows I can still win too. What… what was I thinking? My friends… my mom… abandoning me? My mom dying to someone like that? ‘An illusion’. Just an illusion made by…” glaring.

Flipping herself around, Xiana threw her gauntlets into the earth; her impact cratering the ground and sending shockwaves that shattered the widows around.

“…Zenbu.” Standing as she glared up. “It was just an illusion. But still… making me experience such an image! I will…” eye’s shifting as her aura began to envelope her entirely. “…NEVER FORGIVE YOU!”

Zenbu watched as Xiana disappeared into the heavy rain below, the rain soaking his long, black hair. There was complete silence for a few moments, until a massive beam of golden aura shot up into the air with such force that it shook the buildings nearby and created a small mushroom cloud. Xiana stood below, almost lost in the immense amount of aura and fueled by pain and desperation to win. She did not speak, but her scream pierced the air like that of a godly hawk as she ran up the face of the building with air-breaking speed. Zenbu threw himself off of the roof and towards her with his sword in his hand. He swung as they crossed paths, cutting Xiana across her stomach but doing nothing to stop her. Xiana took Zenbu by the throat and jumped down towards the street, looking to crush him on the concrete.

He sucked himself into a wormhole with his Eyes of Nibiru, disappearing right before violently crashed on the ground. He slid out backwards when he appeared out of another wormhole on the street and had barely any time to react as Xiana continued her assault. Xiana was already in front of him, and the aura was concentrated into a single point in her fist. Zenbu raised his sword to block the hit, and the power of Xiana's one-inch punch broke the sword. Zenbu slid backwards on his feet, his arms and legs shaken by the force of the attack.

He clasped his hands and aimed his palms at Xiana, the symbol of Mars appearing on them. One great fireball shot out, taking the form of a dragon's head and homing in on Xiana. She punched the ground, erecting a wall of concrete that shielded her as the flames broke apart the concrete. Xiana charged through the wall, shattering it and catching Zenbu off guard. Xiana’s brow perked as her gazed focused on his eyes. “Those eyes.” She thought as she furrowed her brow. “The use of talons are against the law but… I don’t have a choice.
Swinging her leg out, Xiana drew out and brought her talons across Zenbu’s face; scratching out his eyes and then turned to strike him in the chest with a firm straight, hard enough to stop someone's heart. Zenbu was sent flying back once more, crashing into a cement wall. Xiana screamed as Zenbu slowly got up, his body greatly weakened by the attack.

"My eyes...she destroyed my eyes...Nibiru's power is lost. If I were human, that last attack would've been the death of me."

Xiana started walking towards Zenbu, still consumed by anger and determination to kill him.

"I commend you. You were faster than my Eyes of Nibiru. Even so, do not think that the worst of my powers are gone!"

Zenbu clasped his hands and touched the ground, and a massive statue broke out from the earth. Its head broke through the clouds as it sat in a meditative position. It had six arms, an angry face, a happy face, and a woeful face. Though Xiana could not see the head of the statue beyond the clouds, she did see its eyes burn bright red, as well as the clouds around it.

"What...what is this?!"

The statue opened its mouth, and six, long, skinless and bloody arms reached out. Using the statue for leverage, the monster inside pulled itself out, revealing the rest of its skinless, thin, and colossal body. Like the statue, it had 3 faces and 6 eyes, all of them a different color. It had long hair like Dharja, but only barely resembled a human. Its teeth were like that of a lion, and it smelled of fire and blood. When half of its body came out of the statue, it roared into the air, separating the clouds and rocking the city in a wind as fierce as a hurricane. Zenbu jumped on top of its head as it climbed out of the statue entirely. He took his whip chain and wrapped it around the beast's neck, first shocking it to calm it down and assert his dominance over it.

"I never thought I'd ever have to use this. Xiana, I'd like you to meet The Great Destroyer! He who swallowed heaven, left hell in darkness, and tore the world asunder! He is one of the Heralds of the End, a bringer of cataclysm!

Zenbu clasped his hands, and The Great Destroyer also clasped all 6 of his hands. Xiana knew she had to move fast, and began flying away to avoid whatever it was they were planning.

"How… do I even… fight this?!"

As she flew, the Xiana could see that the ground ahead was being folded up. She looked around and saw the same thing happening for the entire length of the city.

"What's happening?! The city is being folded up like paper!"

What was once the ground, along with its buildings and cars, now formed massive walls around the area that kept folding up, and then inwards, like a tidal wave. The same thing began to happen to the enter of town, and now there were multiple of layers of rising and folding earth.

"NO! I have to get out of this!"

Xiana flew up towards the sky, racing with all her might to escape the city. The Great Destroyer closed all eyes except for its yellow one and focused it on Xiana. The symbol of Jupiter appeared on its pupil, and a bolt of lightning flashed out from the eye, striking Xiana through one of her wings and sending her crashing down. On the outside, the once massive city was now folded and compressed to such an extent, that it took the shape of a massive, concrete lotus flower. The sea washed in and took the place of the missing streets and skyscrapers, and the concrete lotus flower floated above its roaring waters.

Zenbu reached in his pocket for a Venus Blindfold, a black blindfold that would act as his eyes and allow him to see. He wrapped it around his head and over his eye sockets.

"Now subside, Great Destroyer."

The Great Destroyer released its hands and was sucked back into the mouth of the colossal statue. When it was sealed once more, the statue exploded into a flock of crows, disappearing back to where it was being hidden. Zenbu fell back down to flat ground, which was the center of the concrete lotus flower. Everything else was lifted folded skyward to form the petals. Hundreds of crows flew around him as he landed.

Xiana staggered up as blood dripped from her pierced wing. She watched as the crows soared up and out of the lotus flower and scattered about over the sea.

"You...made the city take the form of some kind of flower? Hehehe...not the manliest of divine servants, are you?"

Zenbu turned his head towards her.

"The lotus flower is a sacred symbol where I'm from. It's only appropriate that The Great Destroyer would choose this. With this terrain, it will be difficult for you to fly around, won't it? Maybe my hands will slip and cause a building to come crashing down on you from the sky."

"You're a funny guy, Zenbu. Spare me your threats and just get on with it!"

Zenbu took hold of his war fan, and Xiana charged up whatever energy she still had left. In the center of the sun-blocking, concrete lotus flower over the sea, crows flocked around like spectating angels, and two fighters charged at each other.

Zenbu vs Xiana: Part 3
Clashing with Zenbu’s war fan, Xiana glared up to Zenbu; the long haired man glaring back. Her vision seemed to blur however as Xiana blinked repeatedly.

“Damn. My head feels like it’s splitting in two.” Xiana groaned.

Noticing the blinking, Zenbu smirked. “I remember you saying that ‘zipping around’ gives you headaches, correct?”

“I got learn to shut my fat beak sometimes…” Xiana grimaced and squawked as Zenbu thrusted the fan forward; causing her to stumble backwards.

Opening his fan, Zenbu pivoted and swung out the weapon; the ground splitting as multiple blades of wind travel toward Xiana.

Turning her stumble into a back handspring, Xiana landed and reeled back a punch. “His tricks never end!”

With golden aura forming around her gauntlets; Xiana glanced to the ground and fired a ‘Halcyon Knuckle’ at it; a pulse of wind canceling out the razor wind and kicking up dust.

“Clever.” Zenbu uttered as he dashed through the dust cloud; Xiana grunting as he appeared.

Ducking under a swing with his fan, Xiana brought up her fist; glancing to her injured left wing. “Gotta stick with the rights.”

With every attack, Xiana bobbed and weaved past it; lightly gasping. “An opening!” Lurching forward.

Zenbu huffed as he noticed the hook and clasped his hands together; Xiana eyes going wide as the punch flew straight through him.

“What!?” Xiana gawked and grunted as the fan struck her across the beak; knocking her away.

“You shall not be strike me again…” Zenbu huffed and clasped his hands yet again.

Picking herself up, Xiana brought a hand over the freshly made crack upon her beak and cried out as the very earth below her rose in a pair of earthen hands and constricted her. “Ca-Can’t… Move!”

Walking up, the pair of hands lowered to bring Xiana to eye level with Zenbu; the blindfolded man staring at her. Slowly a small grin fell over him as he shook his head.

“A toucan. Ha!” He chuckled. “Not even a bird of prey. You do not interest me. What does interest me however, are those gauntlets and that power of yours.”

Xiana continued to struggle and turned to glare at him.

“I sense… ‘more within you’… This power… it is not simply strength… is it?” Zenbu brought a hand out to try and touch her.

“Th-That’s what the phoenix said, too…” She thought and snapped at his approaching hand. “…what does he mean?”

Furrowing his brow, Zenbu lashed out and grabbed to hold Xiana’s beak close. “What are your secrets? What aren’t you showing me, Xiana? If you won’t tell me… how’s about I just enter your mind and ‘take’ it from you.”

“N-No! Not Again! St-Stop!” Closing her eyes in an attempt to block out the illusion.

“It’s not use. You may be physically superior but it’s no use if I attack your mind! Now… Show Me!” Zenbu roared.

“NO!” Xiana cried within her head.

Zenbu’s eyes went wide. “Wh-What is-“

Standing in a void of white, he looked around. “This… isn’t my… illusion.”

“You’re right!” An unfamiliar voice speaking out.

“Who is there? What is this!?” Zenbu demanded and he clutched his fan tightly.

“You said you wanted to know Xiana’s secret, right?” The voice replied and in a blaze of light and fire, a phoenix. “Well… here I am.”

Zenbu dipped his head. “A… phoenix? I… guess that explains why she didn’t die when she shot herself.”

“Oh yes. Very clever move on her part, wouldn’t you agree?” The phoenix smiled.

Zenbu scoffed. “So… this what has been residing within that toucan’s mind?”

“So it seems.”

“This tournament has been rather fruitful. I capture a dragon first and now a phoenix…” Zenbu widening his stance.

“You… plan on capturing me?” The phoenix tilted its head. “Hmm… I do suppose you can. I can’t really fight back being just a entity within Xiana’s mind. However… I wonder if you’ll have enough time…”

Zenbu perked his head. “What do you mean?”

A smirk formed upon the mythical firebird. “Tell me… Zenbu is it? If you dealing with me, what do you think Xiana is up to?”

Zenbu perked his head. “It… can’t be.”

A chuckle escaped the phoenix as Zenbu hastily canceled the illusion. “Impossible!” staring at the broken earth hands.

“She escaped!?” Looking around. “Where did she-“

“You survived my first ‘One-Inch’, Zenbu…” The voice of Xiana ringing out above him; Zenbu gazing up.

“But can you… survive one… Coming in at the speed of a meteor!?” Xiana yelled; her good arm reeled back and trailing with gold aura.

“A distraction! And I fell for it! I need to-“ beginning to clasp his hands together.

“Oh No You Don’t!” Xiana yelled as she shot a kinetic shot to throw Zenbu’s arms off; grunting as he attempted again.

It was far too late however as time seemed to slow; Xiana placing her fist upon his chest. “THIS… ENDS… NOW! ONE-INCH PUNCH! A THOUSAND TIMES OVER!”

With a delay; the concrete lotus vibrated and shattered as a column of gold severed the giant flower in half. The crows desperately attempted to fly off as the concussion scattered them. Debris rained across the ocean that once was the city as the giant petals sent waves crashing into each other.

With large chucks of the former lotus sticking out from the surrounding ocean, and very bloody Zenbu sat; cough drops of blood as he struggled to get back to his feet.

“I… can’t… lose….” Gripping hard at the nearby rocks to pick himself up. “…im-poss… ible…” Getting to his feet.

Taking a step, Zenbu stumbled to a knee. “I… won’t… lo-“ trailing off as the sound of footsteps made him turn his head.

Just as bloody and with sweat dripping from her feathers, Xiana stood holding a hand size rock with her injured wing and holding her wing next to it; pointing towards the downed Zenbu.

“My…” coughing a bit. “…’One-Inch Punch’… A move that involves expelling my aura into a single punch. The aura travels through the person or object; taking all of the energy out it, and then takes that energy along with my aura… and shoots it out from behind it.” Taking a moment. “A move that’s not lethal… ‘if’ you are the object or target. If you’re caught in the expelling aura and energy however… well… you can pretty much say goodbye.” Focusing her fist on the rock.

Zenbu panted for a moment and then closed his eyes with a smirk. “Very… well then… Do your worse.”

Xiana glared at him; her vision slowly fading. “You’ve hurt many people. Probably killed many more. You’re a murderer… and a monster! You showed the death of my mother and destroyed an entire city! I should... kill you…” dipping her head.

Taking a moment, Xiana dropped the rock.

“But… as an ‘Avian Ranger’ in training and brought up how I was; I’m sworn to never kill.” Closing her eyes.

Opening them quickly, Xiana glared and fired a ‘Halcyon Knuckle’ at Zenbu’s head; the impact causing him to strike his head against the rock to knock him out.

“But that’s… as close to killing someone as I’ll get.” Xiana groaned.

Taking a step forward, Xiana grunted as she fell to her knees; her body beginning to feel numb.

“I… think that… was the… last of-“ she muttered as her gold eyes reverted blue and without another word passed out as well.

~~~

“Will she be alright?” A hawk sitting in a cozy living room along with others.

“That wing needs to heal for a good while, Hiro.” Xiana’s mother speaking. “Brusies and lacerations everywhere as well; not to mention her beak.”

“But…” Hiro perking his head as he turned to look at the stairs to the second floor. “…will she be… alright?”

Xiana’s mom looked over to the window that over looked the coast; the A.R.O. academy in the distance.

“My daughter has always been a… ‘free-spirit’, Hiro. Often that leads her into much trouble; much to my dismay. But out of anything…” She lightly smiled. “…her ‘will’ is strong. Because of that, she’ll be up and at’em  in no time.”

Hiro lightly smiled. “That’s good to hear. Guess the legend of the ‘Combat-Medic: Nina the Toucan’ still lives on.”

Turning back to smile towards him, Nina glaced back to the stairs. “It’s a new era, Hiro. I think it’s time… to past that legend on. Don't you think... 'soon to be' captain?”

Laying within her room and covered in gauze and bandages, Xiana rested as the winds from the coast blew her hair over.