March 29, 2024, 01:44:59 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Manimal's Free & Fun Comic Service (Re-Opened)  (Read 12880 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Free & Fun Comic Service (Re-Opened)
« on: February 13, 2016, 11:40:29 PM »
Ever wanted to give some random guy storyboards so he can remain productive...ever wanted to collab with a so called artist on a short 2-3 page bit of your story? Well Gosh Golly and Gee do I have the thing for you. Introducing...

The Manimal's Free & Fun Comic Service

For the low low price of $0.00 I am willing to collab with you and like make some fun comics. See my work here.
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,16267.0.html

So before you get excited...before you let out a passive "okay" and draw out a storyboard for your vast fantasy story I want to lay down the law here, set a thing or two straight.

1. In my current artistic state I am much of a fantasy nor an action artist but I can try something to see if it works for me.. It's just not in my style but I am willing to try something provided I can have fun with it. So I'm not shutting the door on this as it can maybe help me become comfortable doing serious stuff. But it's good to try new things as well.

2. This isn't a super serious collab, but rather a fun thing. F is for freaks who do things together and in this case...well nobody is getting freaky, but I like to have fun with my comics. Not that I can't play it straight but comedy is what comes naturally to me. However I am willing to try to get serious. I would like to stick to my own art style but if you have something in mind, like you really love the look of...I dunno...Teekyuu...and you want your comic drawn like that, I can try. We'll see.

3. All I ask is that you draw a storyboard for me to go off and provide character and scene descriptions. This can be a thing for me and you and Zoboomafoo to learn from. This is all comic practice for me and maybe if you've never worked with someone before you can try it out and see how it goes, improve your storyboarding and and stuff like that. I don't care if you give me cave drawings from olden times, as long as I can understand the actions and have been given clear description I can DO IT! Well no promises, but I CAN TRY. Maybe or maybe not. I MIGHT VERY WELL TRY TO DO IT!

4. 3 pages at the most for the beginning. If I want to do more then you know but I want to do a variety of stuff so I would prefer 2-3 page things, atleast for now.

I'm going to be 100% honest my intentions for this are simple.
a) Stay productive
b) Practice for my own projects

So I dunno, if you have anything, post below and we'll see if it works. Don't be shy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeSaUeSqn-Y
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 06:58:55 PM by Manimal »

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
Re: The Manimal's Free But Lazy Comic Service
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 01:58:05 AM »
Manimal. I'm all ABOUT bagels.

And as always, I offer a two-way street. It's gonna be under construction for a while, but it's there.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 08:11:47 AM »
Top 20 bagels list now.

Alright then, I'll come up with something for you to do. This is easier for me to make a few comic pages then do a one character drawing so this time I will most likely actually give you results. Payback you know. I'll PM you with a storyboard when I'm done. I don't know what will work for your style though.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 04:58:47 PM »
*Cough* Sorry I know bumping threads to the recent posts is a douchey move but I'm only going to do it once. I am really itching for something to draw and I have no motivation for my own projects so I'll put out this offer one more time. I know this thread is selfish but uh...you know. :noidea:

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 05:43:37 PM »
Darnit Manimal! As a mod I'm obliged to tell you that thread bumping is taboo, fortunately for you I have relevant questions to the topic:

And is there any chance that I could use this service again even after scripting my stuff?

Also, signature up dude. Great way to attract them crowds

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 05:47:49 PM »
I know, I should'nt have done so but I wanted to give this thread one last chance. This is the only forum I've been on where the recent posts section decides the life of a thread. But I know my rule set is not very welcoming.

Ya man defiantly, I am enjoying working with you on this story.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 05:51:29 PM by Manimal »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 05:54:17 PM »
There might be a need to do something about that actually. I totally flooded the recent posts and not on purprose. I'll see if there's anything that Hasith could possibly do about that.

What do other forums do on that front if you have any ideas?

Cool thing dude. As said, catching up on some stuff here, but I see the page in my mind haha.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 07:58:07 PM »
There is the unread posts feature so it's not like things disappear. On other forums I've gone on there are only 3-4 sections frequented and there is no recent posts so it's different. Recent posts is good though so you can see all that goes on. I know this thread is getting buried because of my presentation so I'm not complaining.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 08:42:07 PM »
Nuuuu, believe that this is the thread that will pierce the heavens!

Anyways it's a great idea methinks. Lot's of need for this sort of thing on the forum so good on you for coming up with it.

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 09:10:08 PM »
I don't have anything written for this, but, if your could create a comic titled "Waltz With Cashier," (like the movie Waltz With Bashir) that would be appreciated. Thanks.  ;)

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 09:17:49 PM »
Ha...igetitbecauseitrhymesbutihavenoideawhatthatisbutiguessidon'thavetobutstillokaywhynotwhatnookay

Also Lego nice to see you like the face of infinite misery enough to make it your pic. But again my wording pretty well made this thread D.O.A.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2016, 09:51:39 PM »
I feel for the poor bastard too much. It is an expression I have felt before but have no way to display . The shaaame.

A Paipis Manimal team up? Interesting

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2016, 09:55:20 PM »
It would be if Paipis wanted to do something, but something tells me his stories wouldn't exactly work with me.

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2016, 10:34:49 PM »
I could try my hand at a silly three page storyboard, but I have to finish reviews first.

And, y'know, getting my story ready to post.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 10:55:59 PM by Paipis »

Offline Ennuiwolf

• Writer and Color-er
  • Animal Obsessed Freak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2016, 07:26:03 AM »
Is this offer still active?