April 18, 2024, 03:02:30 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Looking for OC for a huge collaboration. (Just for fun)  (Read 11843 times)

Offline Hope4Future

• Future Writer
  • "Ryujin no ken o kurae!"
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for OC for a huge collaboration. (Just for fun)
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 06:04:49 PM »
Quote from: Walter B
Maybe several of us can be the leaders. I would prefer to keep it not dependent on one single person as far as possible.

fair enough, whoever wants to then so be it; it is a community after all. hell, maybe i'll be in on it too if i got nothing better to do  ;D

Ideally should be someone who updates the OP somehow frequently so any new people who checks the thread would get a quick grasp of whats all about and what the current stand is.

if updating is a position then i'll volunteer, i'm practically on here everyday anyway

Dude I was providing a fiction background. The wish is for the character, just a way to give the fight some context. The Lego thing was just fun is the name of the fictional lord that hostes the tournament

my mistake, i took it too literal

Lets just say everyone submit your character or reach out to an artist that could be interested in submitting a character. Short description of powers, abilities, etc. Ideally with some concept art.

sounds good to me  :thumbsup:

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 07:00:12 PM »
do anyone can start now their characters here

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 07:52:00 PM »
Why are they fighting? What's at stake if they lose? What can they achieve by winning?

The raiders tournament is a yearly tournament organized by Master Lego. Characters from different worlds of the mangaraiders universe come together in a fight to death elimination match. The winner gets to make any wish.

It would be non canon so it doesn't matter if your character dies  ;D

That sounds quite uninteresting actually. And you should care if your characters die. It doesn't matter if it isn't canon, what kind of writer doesn't make the deaths of their characters be emotional? I've shed more than a few tears at the deaths of the characters in Crow's project.

I'd hold off on trying to get an artist to draw this.

I think the objective should be to get something drawn instead of writing a lot and ending with a different version of Whitecrows project. It is much better when you have some cool art to show to people and get them curious about participating in next rounds.

Artists tend to draw their own characters anyways so seeing that their characters could be drawn is more likely to be bait for writers. And further more, you're basically saying that any artist that does join will have to draw for free. Why should they, why should I, join?

Offline Hope4Future

• Future Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 08:11:04 PM »
Robin, if i may, it doesn't have to be 'to the death' but just as a suggestive theme. ideas are still being thrown out there so nothing's been set in stone yet.

also, this is just for fun. nobody's forcing you to do this, its just an idea that's meant to spark people's interest by joining together as a collective group with their individual talents. artists may not be as willing, but if any are, then they can show off their work to others and their flexibility about drawing from someone else's perspective.

it's not a great concept but its something.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 08:12:40 PM »
do anyone can start now their characters here

YES. SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN

And further more, you're basically saying that any artist that does join will have to draw for free.

Just to clarify

For artist: Submitting your character does not mean you are necesarily expected to draw a lot of the character when it shows up later on. We are glad to accept all cool characters. Your submission is non-binding

That sounds quite uninteresting actually

The story is still open for suggestions. Anyone has ideas propose them and we can decide or vote or something.

Why should they, why should I, join?

The end product is going to look so cool and you will get so much exposure. Your character will get famous.  ;D ;D ;D

Robin, if i may, it doesn't have to be 'to the death' but just as a suggestive theme

You can also forfeit the match. Don't have to end up death but the point is the other will be trying to kill you.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 08:16:40 PM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 08:30:36 PM »

The end product is going to look so cool and you will get so much exposure. Your character will get famous.  ;D ;D ;D

I'm not even sure how to respond to that... Exposure where? In MR? Already here.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 08:48:39 PM »

I'm not even sure how to respond to that... Exposure where? In MR? Already here.

When we end up with something really cool I will post it in many groups in deviantart and facebook with links to your gallery in DA or where you want.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 08:52:53 PM »
When we end up with something really cool I will post it in many groups in deviantart and facebook with links to your gallery in DA or where you want.
Others may like this, but it's not for me... Bye.

Offline WhiteCrow

• Society X Origins undergoing changes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 09:48:44 PM »
(Crow walks in, looks on the floor) "Oh, there's my two cents... perhaps i'll just throw it in this here topic I stumbled upon."

Well, well, well... we have the beginning stages of a Character Tournament on our hands - always nice to see a member(s) of the MR Community chatting it up.

If I may, considering i'm on my second MR Collaborative Project, allow me to insert my insight in to this....

First and foremost - the biggest thing about setting up something like this (which will wind up being larger in scale than you currently believe) is finding a middle ground that works for all those who participate. What do I mean? In my first MR Project (Character tournament) - I vowed no character deaths, because there were some who weren't comfortable with that - although they wanted to participate. Obviously this is an easy thing to accommodate, but it's just an example - if you garner interest, you will find that your original concept may change drastically.

Next thing: Artists... Mmmm... This is a general lesson learned - Artists won't really have an interest in drawing anything they aren't (themselves) interested in drawing, especially if the words "Exposure" "Cool" and "Unpaid" are thrown together. Now, you may be able to get artists without much experience, but to think that someone who can make money for their art, is going to willingly draw other characters (especially when it's somewhat noticeable that one of the main purposes of this is for free work) is a long shot.

Neeeext: A Leader... multi-writers... if that route is taken, your project will most likely never reach its conclusion. Personal experience, I've written the battles, come up with the stories, invested in the character interactions and relationships... all of the decisions involved; as it pertains to advancement of the project, has been mostly me. And in truth, in order for your project to work - you're going to need 1 Writer, a max of two, if they're on the same page. Now, of course, you can implement things such as Character Moments and offer opportunities for individual collaborations and whatnot, things to get some invested participants who would like to write, involved. But other than that, to think that all the participants are going to find the time to write and write some more... bluntly - no. My first project (as well as my second) in the beginning, has much participation, but as the time goes on - and your story forms, people write less and less - to the point now, where I post and it's almost exclusively me.

Let's see... what else... oh - a story, it's importance: Large. Why? Because it was suggested that this would essentially introduce the concept of a connected universe - well, if that's the case, then a story is essential.

Lastly, I saw mention of trying to make this different, otherwise it'd just be another project like Crow's (That's me). Truth is... no matter what approach you take, if you're going to do something like this - it's going to be similar to what I've done. For me, I based my concept off of Galactic Raiders, which was a project that was undertaken by Roshiro Byakko, with aid from me. When Roshiro left the site, I took the initiative and went ahead and crafted a world that could house all the characters of MR, and then I went about crafting a Trilogy that would allow for participation from everyone. It took me 4 months to plan out Project 1... FOUR months, and it was a simple character tournament, Project 2 took me another 4, and Project 3 may be another 4... fact is, there isn't much diversity to be had when it comes to an MR collaboration - it is going to be what it is going to be: A Collaboration of characters - the way you make it unique isn't by having artists draw characters, or by teasing death... you make it stand out by putting as much effort and care in to it as you would your own separate story. I put as much attention in to my MR Projects, as I do Society X and Amnesia... it's a must if you want this to succeed.

Best of luck to you all on this. If it works out, and I hope it does, then that's awesome - i'll look forward to reading it. If it doesn't, and you all have an interest in being a part of something like this - i'll have applications open for Project 3 within a month or so.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 10:24:56 PM »
Crow thank you so much for your input. I will take all of that into account and take a careful look at your great project!!

I understand this is probably more work than it seems at first glance. But I think this has a lot of potential and it can be a very fun project that will motivate beginner and advanced artist to join later on.

I vowed no character deaths, because there were some who weren't comfortable with that

Yeah I just realized that.

I honestly don't get whats the big deal about it. Is not like is cannon. Anything else handicaps your fights because your characters don't go all out.

Let's see... what else... oh - a story, it's importance: Large. Why? Because it was suggested that this would essentially introduce the concept of a connected universe - well, if that's the case, then a story is essential.

I think the focus should be on getting some art for it done instead of making a huge story. That would differentiate it from yours somehow.

I would rather keep the story making efforts focused on coming up with interesting fights/character interactions instead of spending a lot of it on context.   Just have some kind of cool tournament and thats it.

Of course any writer can submit a story if they want but the critical thing is getting the interest of artist.

It took me 4 months to plan out Project 1... FOUR months

Wow. Thats a lot! And you have something really cool there. But thats also because your tournament has like 24 characters. This one should be 8, keep it simpler at the beginning.

Facebook       Patreon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 10:56:20 PM »
k ill make a character then then pot here to practice my battle scene also

Offline WhiteCrow

• Society X Origins undergoing changes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2016, 10:59:43 PM »
I understand this is probably more work than it seems at first glance. But I think this has a lot of potential and it can be a very fun project that will motivate beginner and advanced artist to join later on.

-Your ambition is way ahead of your project.

Yeah I just realized that.

I honestly don't get whats the big deal about it. Is not like is cannon. Anything else handicaps your fights because your characters don't go all out.

I disagree. I made the Character Tournament extremely exciting, and allowed everyone to go all out without death involved. Death, just to have death, doesn't make it better.

I think the focus should be on getting some art for it done instead of making a huge story. That would differentiate it from yours somehow.

I would rather keep the story making efforts focused on coming up with interesting fights/character interactions instead of spending a lot of it on context.   Just have some kind of cool tournament and thats it.

Of course any writer can submit a story if they want but the critical thing is getting the interest of artist

-If you want the focus to be on getting art done for the project because you believe that that will be what makes it different than mine, then i'll have to admit that I disagree.

Wow. Thats a lot! And you have something really cool there. But thats also because your tournament has like 24 characters. This one should be 8, keep it simpler at the beginning.

The number of characters meant nothing. Even if I had done an 8 character tournament, it would've still taken a good amount of time to develop everything, because I (like it was mentioned in this topic) had an ambition of potential crossovers, or having more of these done. And for that reason, I needed to make sure that pieces fit and things made sense.

As I said, I wish you the best in this project.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2016, 10:23:59 AM »
CHARACTER SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN. SUBMIT YOUR CHARACTER NOW AND WIN THE TOURNAMENT

For now I'm just going to keep updating this post with submissions. Later on we just make a new thread on the workshops section and try to organize this better.

Characters

Tristan by Walter B

Spoiler
Description: His name is Tristan. He is a devil who likes to wear nice suits.

Powers/abilities: His main weapon is his tail, which is very hard and fast. He can use it to pierce people's hearts and swiftly swing it to cut off their heads.

Concept Art:

Kalvin by Hope4Future

Character: Kalvin
personality: stubborn, fierce, and never refuses a challenge in a fight  8)

appearance:
eyes: grey
hair: black?
clothes: T-shirt and jeans i guess (not sure yet)

abilities/powers:
uses a silver gauntlet (just on the arm, not the hand) that allows him to manipulate earth and rock. often uses rock to create blades or fists on his arms. other times, if necessary, he'll cover himself in a rock-like armor that protect himself from deadly attacks. also uses the earth to create walls, barriers, or launch an indirect attack using the earth beneath the enemy.

this is certainly a character you wouldn't want to challenge to a fight  :beaten:

FRAAGON by  Killer B !!SAMA!!

Spoiler
Power: Nature, can sense incoming energy (like naruto but different because theres no chakra here). He can also breath fire

Story: On the mountain of FROGILAND there is a statue there a hero,of FROGILAND and 1 frogmen idolizes this hero he start hard training and after several years he became master of nature energy and the rumors said he killed a magical dragon that given him the power of a dragon

Sample Fight: Kalvin vs Fraagon

Fraagon vs Kalvin
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 02:17:24 PM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Hope4Future

• Future Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2016, 12:50:28 AM »
well i do have a character i was going to submit but i don't have much of a 'visual concept' for him yet.

i guess i can submit what i have and add to it later when i have a better idea of his appearance.

Character: Kalvin
personality: stubborn, fierce, and never refuses a challenge in a fight  8)

appearance:
eyes: grey
hair: black?
clothes: T-shirt and jeans i guess (not sure yet)

abilities/powers:
uses a silver gauntlet (just on the arm, not the hand) that allows him to manipulate earth and rock. often uses rock to create blades or fists on his arms. other times, if necessary, he'll cover himself in a rock-like armor that protect himself from deadly attacks. also uses the earth to create walls, barriers, or launch an indirect attack using the earth beneath the enemy.

this is certainly a character you wouldn't want to challenge to a fight  :beaten:

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2016, 11:40:12 AM »
oh walter heres my character
his name is FRAAGON

power:nature,can sense incoming energy like naruto but different because theres no chakra here hhaa
and another power of him is he can breath fire

story:on the mountain of FROGILAND theres a statue there a hero,of FROGILAND and 1 frogmen idolizes this hero he start hard training and after several years he became master of nature energy and the rumors said he killed a magical dragon that given him the power of a dragon

haha
Spoiler