January 27, 2021, 04:49:58 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Sync (Discussion)  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Meeki

• Uber Noob
  • You think this is a motherf***in game?!
    • View Profile
Sync (Discussion)
« on: July 25, 2014, 05:01:46 PM »
Sync (Discussion)

A place for discussion of all things Sync!

Please note the chapters for the story are held here and development talks are here

Summary:
In a world where technology is advancing swiftly, Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games have taken off. In particular the most popular of that is Myth, a fantasy MMO with over 7 million players, where dreams and adventures await! However 3 friends, having gone through a bad experience with the game before, don't play. However their need for adventure is strong and so return Myth. What awaits them?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 05:09:37 PM by Meeki »
Check out my story Sync

Offline Meeki

• Uber Noob
    • View Profile
Author's Ramblings - Chapter 1
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 05:31:22 PM »
Anyways I thought I'd a) get the ball rolling (of sorts) and b) set the precedent for the first of my (hopefully) many author's corner ramblings haha.

So yeah its the first chapter done! (pops champagne). I had recently read a very interesting VRMMO light novel and boy did it inspire me! So yeah feeding off that energy I managed to get this chapter done within a day for once instead of my usual slow progress. I plan on continuing into chap 2 very soon!

As for what I can say of the chapter...well its pretty self explanatory. Sort of sets a bit of the background and backstory as well as serves to introduce the main 3. I won't lie I really wanted to leap right into the world of Myth but all in due time! So yeah next chapter we hit the Myth and will finally know what the actual continent is actually called LOL! Well for those of you who may or may not have read the development forum its half obvious what is going to happen but stay tuned for the latter half! :P

Well that pretty much is it for my author's ramblings however I will say this (and not for the last time either) please please pleeeease advice, critique my work I need the experience haha. Also character ideas are welcome if you want to submit in a Myth character. Who knows they may even end up as a main or part of lore! For now though thanks for reading, discussing and most importantly enjoying the story (of what little there is! lol)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 08:57:34 PM by Meeki »
Check out my story Sync

Offline Meeki

• Uber Noob
    • View Profile
Author's Ramblings- Chapter 2
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 08:57:03 PM »
So Chapter 2 is out. I must say I found it somewhat a little harder to write than chapter 1 despite being on a roll from chap 1, due to wanting to take the story in all different kinds of directions, but I settled for expanding a little on some of the game creation background.

So now on to the chapter itself. I sort of tried to convey the impact VRMMO's have on the world and the mass hype even a single noticeable event can have. And that event is Zerox and his friends return to Myth with a bang! Obviously this has all kinds of hidden meanings and whatnot but I'll leave that for you to figure out with later chapters haha! I won't say too much cause I wanna keep the surprise for later but I'll say this, there is a loooot of hints dropped as to what is linked where and what has most likely happened in a way. Or maybe not lol have to wait and see!

I won't lie the story is moving at a bit of a snail's pace, but the story should pick up as of the next chapter with some new characters and some rather exciting developments!

And there ends another one of my author ramblings, thanks for reading, discussing and most importantly enjoying the story.
Check out my story Sync

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Sync (Discussion)
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 04:00:53 AM »
"comments on chapter 1"
Sharing my opinions mostly as a reader.

(...)who didn’t play a VRMMO let alone Myth.
- This beginning is nice and fast. We don't know why it's such a surprise that they announced wanting to play the game, but we know it's a big game and we're placed in the setting well enough.

2. - saiyan is an awfully cool nickname

3.  Even with the advent of the new Myth, they merely felt depression as it reminded them of their previous efforts that had been lost with no explanation.
- I can imagine in a manga how comical their faces would look as they were all logged out.

4. “Yeah”

The other two fist bumped him in agreement.
- Really nice flow and beginning. I can get into the story a lot more rather than worry about other things. You have a nice handle on prose methinks.  MMO games are of course not new groundbreaking territory, but I feel there may be different elements here that set it apart.

Zane couldn’t believe it. His account was back! If he could, he would’ve jumped for joy but in the void there was no ground to land back on as such.
- Nice. Felt the excitement too there.

Is it me or was there an annoyed pause there?  But Zane didn’t dwell on it for even a second.
- This AI is suspicious...

The view was spectacular. The entire continent was spread out before him, with its vast oceans, sprawling cities and huge jagged mountainous ranges. However one view in particular held his particular attention. And that was of the ground as he hurtled towards it.
- Hmm... Things were going nicely but this ending feels abrupt for a first chapter. Especially since it's a virtual reality game, what's so bad about falling from a high place? If this goes in the direction of 'people die in the game die in real life' then maybe we'd be shocked, but otherwise there's not much tense about this predicament he finds himself in. The chapter could justifiably be extended without dragging on too long I think.

In any case nice flow with the chapter. I  don't know about the actual story itself. There are some nice points here and there but I'm not fully invested yet. Perhaps things will change later on in the game.
Again, these are just my own opinions.
nice work