March 28, 2024, 03:59:27 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Ginger's Writing Projects  (Read 38636 times)

Offline GingerStark

• Social & Political Scientist
  • There is no single truth, only contingent theories
    • View Profile
Ginger's Writing Projects
« on: February 17, 2014, 02:41:24 PM »
Closed.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:41:19 AM by Hasith »

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
Re: Ginger's Writing Projects
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 03:05:35 PM »
They've all got a lot of potential, though I felt somewhat unsatisfied with Red Fury, I feel it's missing some things :/

Offline GingerStark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 03:08:34 PM »
The plot is pretty simple, so it's easier to follow rather than getting confused all the time. I think what it lacks in sophistication is it's meta-text analysis on themes such as Revenge, Corruption from Power, and Prejudice. I'm glad you like the sound of them though!  :thumbsup:

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 03:14:21 PM »
Hmmm, but what is going to make us interested in Red's revenge?

Offline IronQuill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 03:15:13 PM »
for me i think the slice of life one, seems to be the most interesting, i like character interactions so maybe a personal preference, though i do think atm it seems like the most developed as well.

Offline GingerStark

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 03:29:29 PM »
Kage: How far she is willing to go to attain revenge. Killing a bad guy doesn't bear much thought, but what if he's retired? What if other lives might perish as a result of revenge? What if the guy really isn't bad, he was just following orders? It's how Red reacts to these situations (along with companions) that changes herself and the world around her.

Iron: Dependency Disorder was my first idea and the one I've spent most of my time developing thus far. I also like focusing more about characters rather than plot, so you'll hopefully find it appealing  :D

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 03:37:12 PM »
Memories of earth huh. I haven't seen that story yet so i'm interested in that one, but I'm leaning with Red Fury for the fun and Dependecy Disorder for the deepness

Offline GingerStark

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 03:48:45 PM »
Haha! 8) MoE is my most recent idea. I like having fictional settings that go against cliches such as good guys being Imperialist and bad guys being Democratic, humans have to outrun overpowered aliens to survive, America isn't the dominant culture among humans, stuff like that.
Red Fury will definitely have some fun moments, considering how creative and wacky you can be in a fantasy setting. Dependency Disorder does delve into much character depth whilst focusing on the theme on 'The need of the Individual vs. the needs of the group'

Offline Nabe Man

• more daydreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 03:10:56 AM »
I like red fury and memories from earth. But i hope you realize that in both stories they will be hunted alot.

In red fury: Since she is killing government officials like in their sleep then she has to sleep with one eye open if you know what i mean. This can easily turn into a battle manga unintentially. And if she has friiends for them to last as long as your main character they have to be just as skilled or even better, if not this story will have a lot of tragedies.

Memories of earth: This dont seem like much battles to me so i think there will be use of more brain than brawn,
I expect some good ship chases and such. I think the criminal guy needs some sort of reason why to not cause trouble probably a leash or some agreement or something.

Is either these two i will chose but finally its your decision

Offline GingerStark

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 07:06:41 AM »
In Red Fury, she doesn't start with government officials but does eventually work her way up there. Of course she is being hunted by bounty hunters, assassins, Empire patrols, ect. There will be much tragedy in the story line, I don't think many revenge stories have happy endings  :sick: And the companions will vary in skill, but they have other benefits such as technology, magic, and such.

MoE is a bit similar to Star Trek: Voyager, it's more about crew interaction and the quirky scenarios they find themselves in. Of course there will be a battle here and there. I was gonna have the criminal dude be a good guy and all, he just doesn't like the Earth Government. So he'll understand the importance of the mission but will probably extort some large reward or something from them.

Glad you are pointing these things out however :D

Offline MeteorBear

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 08:03:44 AM »
It would be interesting if much of the story for red fury was told through the point of view of the person Red Fury was going to kill that chapter. Then you would see some really fleshed out bad guys and maybe actually like them and start seeing the reality that they are humans too, with both good and bad... Then they are dead and on to the next victim  ;D
Then towards the end you could switch to the good guys perspective and touch on those things you mentioned in the synopsis about doubts on what she is doing and withall  her killing if she is becoming worse than them.

Anyways, just a thought I had, the space story sounds pretty cool too.

Offline GingerStark

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 08:10:06 AM »
I like you're thinking there Meteor! I did have something similar to two of her victims in chapters 6 & 7. In chapter 6 she finds one of her targets is retired and living in a simple cottage with a wife and kids. The friendly man chats to her, not knowing her true intentions. Once Red confirms that he's the target, she hesitates slightly before killing him. In chapter 7, that's told entirely from her next target's point of view.
It gives a nice distinction that the world isn't a black & white morality, it's just shades of grey.

I'm glad you take an interest though  :thumbsup:

Offline GingerStark

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 06:43:59 AM »
Another idea :ninja:

Barrier to Freedom: Would you let your family starve so that another could find freedom? It's questions like these which make Paul Remarque question his job as a guard at the Carroburg wall, where civillians attempt to cross over in hopes of escaping the oppressive government that Paul works for. His paycheck depends on following orders, but sometimes that's not always an easy thing. With the Great War still going on around him, the only thing he knows for certain is that the job never gets easier.

Offline GingerStark

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 11:41:18 AM »
I've got a new story I'm working on at the moment  :D Although Dependency Disorder is fun to write, my new project; Sanity Fair, will be more comedy and romance based!

Summary: The all-male private college of Westwick has recently just joined with the all-female catholic college of St. Mary's. So it's no surprise that the hormone-driven students are thrilled to encounter the other sex. In the middle of all this is Norman Bates, a stuffy peer-mediator with anger problems, who must put up with an incompetent teaching staff, a poorly maintained college and prejudiced students. Can he deal with all the quirks that plague the facility or will he succumb to his anger and make things worse?

Most likely the latter  ::)

I feel really excited about writing this, because it's not so focused on drama, I feel free to go as crazy with the writing as possible. Quite similar to a Monty Python film. Anyways, stick around as I'll be making a thread for it in the near future  :thumbsup:

Offline GingerStark

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 01:40:09 PM »
Another few ideas that popped into my mind:

Shojo-Jo Miyu
Roughly translates to 'Virgin Queen Miyu', the setting is based around a Hegemonic Empire similar to that of Byzantine Empire which dominates it's continent in terms of politics influence through the use of diplomacy and threat of force. However, it's recently crowned Emperor is killed by mysterious circumstances leaving his distant cousin (The main character Miyu) as his successor. Despite her young age and protest from the conservative elements of the government, she ascends the throne and is immediatly forced to deal with the political turmoil that follows the running of a large Empire.
To do this, she'll have to use her wits and instinct to know which advisors to trust, figure out who would want to usurp her throne, and also deal with potential romantic interests who would want to marry her for a variety of reasons.

Flashpoint: Hikaru City and the Iron Curtain
With the premature death of Winston Churchill in 1940, Great Britain signed a peace deal with Nazi Germany which resulted in a completely different conclusion to WWII. America fights Germany well before Pearl Harbour but without England as a base to conduct it's liberation of Europe, it turns most of it's fighting effort on Japan, beating earlier than 1945 which means the Atom Bomb never had to be used on them. Instead, Japan is divided up (Like Germany during the Cold War) between the USSR and the USA and divided by a long wall as the war continues on in Europe.
The year is now 1958 and Europe is still a battleground between Nazi's and a reluctant Russian-American alliance. However Japan is the main focus of the story as the Russian and American occupied halves are growing increasingly hostile to each other due to idealogical differences.
This is where the main story starts as a group of orphans in the Communist side sneak out of their orphanage one day and accidentaly uncover experimental government technology which gives them powers unique to their personalities. At first they intend to use them for good to help out their run-down community. But as their powers grow, they soon come to realise that they have deadly side-effects, and that both the American and Russian governments are interested in using them for their own purpose. With this in mind, how can they know which side they should be fighting for?

Anyways, just something I thought would be interesting to share.